Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Reload this Page Your least used type.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Featured | Spinoffs

Old May 25th, 2013 (12:16 AM).
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
Of course we all have them with reasons ranging from dislike towards them to laziness in training/obtaining them or with whatever reason you have. So what is your least used Pokemon type?

For me it would be water type. I am rather lazy in finding and training them. Kind of ironic since Water type is the most expansive type of all Pokemon types. Another would be Rock types. They're too slow and specially weak for my taste, but there is only one that I have used competitvely, Archeops.
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old May 25th, 2013 (12:34 AM).
GAAOOOOOO!

Nature: Quirky
Flying types, those birds get roasted like there's no tomorrow and I wouldn't mind them changing the designs a bit..

Pairing buddy: Classic Sonic

- x -

Eeveelution Club Profile:
Username: Azu
First Partner: Leafeon
Second Partner:[None]

- x -
Old May 25th, 2013 (12:49 AM).

Grass and Water are a bore, just don't like the types as they're rather basic. I enjoy Dark, Fighting, Ice and Steel the most, maybe throw in Ghost and Dragon.
Old May 25th, 2013 (01:05 AM).
mare tranquillitatis
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Koishi Komeiji
I just never use the Grass type...it's not really strong against much, and the Grass type Pokemon have a multitude of weaknesses. Sure, there are some cool Grass types (Breloom, Celebi and Leafeon), and that's really all I like about the type too.
I like how flexible Grass types can be with their trolly movesets devised for stalling (Sleep Powder + Leech Seed + Substitute anyone?), but it doesn't help when half the commonly used types take them down super easily.
credit

"When Gensokyo is completely purified, it will be transformed into a perfect world.
Into a beautiful planet with no life on it."
Old May 25th, 2013 (01:15 AM).
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Steel types. I guess I just haven't cared for most of their designs. I'd love to see a steel-type Eeveelution one day, hehe.
Old May 25th, 2013 (01:15 AM).

Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I don't really use bugs or ghosts, there isn't many good bugs in terms of battle capabilities and I dislike most ghost designs.

The only bug I've ever really used has been butterfree because my love for it managed to persuade me to use it in fire red. I had a Galvantula in black 2, but it was soon replaced because it's so weak.

I think the only ghost I've ever really liked is Gengar and I don't think I've used one despite that.
Old May 25th, 2013 (01:21 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush

Nature: Naughty
I do not really use the Ice type pokemon they just seem boring to me.
Old May 25th, 2013 (01:28 AM). Edited June 10th, 2013 by Poke Fox.
can I have a Pokepuff?
Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Poke Fox
Fire and Steel are the ones I don't use - or rarely use

Steel types: I used them before and always had difficulty with which type to make them battle, and be most effective. My other excuse most of the steel Pokemon designs I don't like. I just left them in the PC after a battle or two.

Fire types: Don't have an exact reason why but it's the type I deliberately ignore, my only excuse I have - majority of the canine Pokemon are fire types and I personally don't want canines in my teams - and the other fire types (exception for Tepig's evolutions and Cyndaquil's evolution) I don't like much their design.

I figure main reason for not choosing fire or steel types is the Pokemon's design, makes me not want to really bother to raise them, instead I'll give another type a chance.

I may sound a bit greedy - I'll just keep a team of Pokemon I like. Most of my games I usually have: 1 fighting, 2 water, 1 normal, 1 grass, 1 other (never steel) or repeat of one I use. Even if I struggle through out the whole game (main story line that is - it what makes it fun to me).

tried to keep it short, but just got distracted (with the last part)
Reason for editing my post: starting to use fire types in a few games - especially Flareon.

Old May 25th, 2013 (01:32 AM).

Quote originally posted by Curtis talli:
I do not really use the Ice type pokemon they just seem boring to me.
It is boring, I only care for it because of dragons.
Old May 25th, 2013 (02:39 AM).
I just want to go home.
Crystal Tier

Rock, Ice, Steel and Bug for me as far as using Pokemon actually of those types goes. They mostly have common weaknesses or don't fit my team standards or battling style. I did use a Steel-type and a Rock-type once (Excadrill and Archeops) but the only reason I did was because they had very strong stats and good movepools. Most Rock-types are also very slow, and I don't like using slow Pokemon. Most Bug-types never appealed to me, and Ice is very weak to a lot of things. That's why I often teach Ice Beam to my Water-type if necessary.
Old May 25th, 2013 (03:10 AM).
No thinking. Just stupid.
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Ice, Bug, and Normal. Ice and Bug are weak against many commonly used types such as Flying and Fire. And alot of Bug types never really appealed to me except for a given few, like Scizor , Volcarona and Heracross for examples. Same goes for Ice and Normal types. Alot of normal types are way too cutesy and weak for me. I only use Normal types in the beginning and the only time I had one more the whole game was my Wigglytuff in FireRed.
Old May 25th, 2013 (06:08 AM).

Ghost. I think it's simply a factor of Ghost being the least common type, and the way they don't seem to be any more useful than special-oriented monsters of other types, so I wouldn't go out of my way to acquire one.
Old May 25th, 2013 (06:14 AM).
I'm just an ordinary Saiyan...
Platinum Tier

I dislike Poison type, so I don't use those Pokemon. Also Steel and Bug types are very rarely used by me.
Old May 25th, 2013 (06:19 AM).
Real Riders Wear Pink

Poison, because they are the worst offensive types in the series for having only one type advantage, but that'll soon change if that Fairy type rumor becomes true.
Old May 25th, 2013 (06:34 AM).

Nature: Serious
Bug type since I played FireRed most of the time.

I use water types alot and love oshawatt.
Old May 25th, 2013 (06:49 AM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Either Ghost or Dragon! I hate Ghost types and never use them, but I find Dragon types are usually too over-powered so I don't tend to use those much either. I do have a Dragonite one one of my competitive teams however, so I'll have to go with Ghost!
Old May 25th, 2013 (07:04 AM).

Normal types. I used a ghost in BW (Jellicent) and a rock type in Platinum (a Tyranitar). Water types are essential for Surf and get a lot of interesting dual typings, and dragons are one of my favorite types.

Normal types I don't dislike, but they never seem to fit into my team for some reason. I actually took a normal monotype challenge at some point to make myself use them more.
Old May 25th, 2013 (07:37 AM).

Nature: Quiet
Grass-types, followed by pure Bug, Rock, Steel, Normal, Ice, Poison and Ghost-types. I find these types not really necessary in my teams. If the mentioned types have secondary types such as Fire/Bug or Fighting/Steel or Flying/Poison though, only then are are they alright. Grass-types are not offensive enough for my taste, and couple together with lots of weaknesses, doesn't make a good team member for me. As for the other types, I haven't really found out how to incorporate them into my team strategy and my already pre-planned teams which mainly consist of Fire, Water, Electric, Flying, Dragon and another one of my choice (usually Ground, Fighting, Psychic or Dark-types). I also don't really know how to use them properly enough for them to have any great effects for my teams. I have come to know of them as great types, but I have yet to use any of them.
Old May 25th, 2013 (07:43 AM).

Nature: Timid
I don't really like Water or Electric types,with my favorite being Ghost type so maybe I'm just weird like that.
Old May 25th, 2013 (09:26 AM).
I Dropped The Lift Key...

Nature: Impish
I hated all poison types until Croagunk/Toxicroak and Drapion were introduced. Considering they're the only poison types I like, it's easy to say they are my least used type.

Old May 25th, 2013 (09:36 AM).
Crystal Tier

I generally don't use Bug types too often at all. The same can be said for Dark types, too- and Rock types. For all their defensive hype, they generally haven't done too well for me.

Otherwise I tend to use a wide enough variety of types across the games I own, though I'll almost always use a Fire type of some kind.

This one's called 'Blue', and it's very Pokémon themed, so have a listen! Check out the links below for more stuff, if you like this!

This is the Doctor
This is my Soundcloud
This is my bandcamp

My Pokémon Y character is the same as my username. If you see me as a Passerby let me know! I tend to get a lot of Passerby requests and I often wonder if it's people from this site.
Old May 25th, 2013 (10:18 AM).
The one and only!

Nature: Jolly
I seldom use Bug, Grass, or Poison type Pokémon because I find their overall designs goofy and their overall type coverage rather lacking.
Pokemon Rijon Adventures

Old May 25th, 2013 (11:53 AM).
I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.

Nature: Bashful
I tend to not use Bug types (although I always want to train one up to keep for the rest of the game like Dustox or something, and I used Galvantula in my White playthrough)
Steel types I didn't use for a long time until I discovered Excadrill
Dark types always seem useless to me, usually I just have a pokemon on my team that knows Bite or Crunch or some other Dark Type attack.
And last but not least - Poison. Is there a more useless type?
Old May 25th, 2013 (11:58 AM).
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

Bug/Steel/Ground/Rock

Although in B2 it's Flying.
Old May 25th, 2013 (12:18 PM).
don't lose hope.
Administrator, CS

Hm.. poison, bug, steel, I guess. I'm just not a fan of those first two types much and there aren't many steel types that are available early enough. :(

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)