The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old May 25th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Gym Leader Sabrina
Mistress of Psychic Pokemon!

Nature: Gentle
So, as an avid movie buff I recently decided to rewatch all of the pkmn films - mostly for a sense of nostalgia. While doing this i came to a startling conclusion: Pokemon 3 is the best as a film. It is one of the only things the pokemon anime has ever done that fully fleshes out character other than generic angsty backstory. Molly is a character you honestly feel sorry for, and if you were in her situation you would act the same way. It also gives a viable reason for ash to actually be involved. The thing that shocked me the most was how personal the film was. there was no grandeur like in the 1st or 2nd. everything was very self contained and was driven purely by emotion rather than some prophecy.

These are my two cents. Do you agree? Disagree? post here if so.
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:04 PM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gym Leader Sabrina View Post
So, as an avid movie buff I recently decided to rewatch all of the pkmn films - mostly for a sense of nostalgia. While doing this i came to a startling conclusion: Pokemon 3 is the best as a film. It is one of the only things the pokemon anime has ever done that fully fleshes out character other than generic angsty backstory. Molly is a character you honestly feel sorry for, and if you were in her situation you would act the same way. It also gives a viable reason for ash to actually be involved. The thing that shocked me the most was how personal the film was. there was no grandeur like in the 1st or 2nd. everything was very self contained and was driven purely by emotion rather than some prophecy.

These are my two cents. Do you agree? Disagree? post here if so.
There was a topic related movies section. You could have posted their about your likings for Movie 3. I presonally don't like that movie. Why because I felt bad about how that Girl could easily win against Ash and Co. That was very unfair as if Ash n Co. are no trainers at all
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:02 AM
bulbasir
Just call me Mr. Sir...

I'm an original pokemon series fan, so I tend to agree with you, (my favourite is either 2nd or 3rd movie so far, I havent seen them all). I definitely like the music in the 3rd :D The song close to the end when entei disappears is beautiful
Old May 31st, 2013, 12:22 AM
Jude Mathis
[ counting stars ]
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Spell of the Unown wasn't my favorite of the Pokemon movies, but it definitely is one of the best in terms of character drama, and that being the driving force for the story was neat. The closest comparison that I can think of since then is the Lucario movie, and Aaron's role in it, etc. Both of them seemed to have just a little bit more depth than the other movies - and move 3 more than 8.

It was interesting to see a Pokemon movie that had no villain, so it wasn't just a generic bad guy wanting to capture all the Pokemon, or actively wanting to destroy something.
Old May 31st, 2013, 02:45 PM
Scotash!

There's something about it I just didn't like, I thought it was slightly repetitive at times. Just me, but I wasn't a huge fan of it.
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:22 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Of all the Pokemon movies, it was my least favorite to date. Lots of Unown really made it kind of boring to me.
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:29 PM
Iceman3317
Kalos Explorer!

Nature: Quiet
Yes I agree with most, out of all the pokemon movies, Pokemon Movie 3 was by far the worst to me. My favorite were the 1st,2nd and which ever one had May and Manaphy.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links