The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old May 25th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky

Just as the title suggests, who is your personal favourite Nintendo Character, or nintendo character(s)? Why?

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Recluse
The Harbinger of Solitude
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Mario, he's an fat plumber that eats mushrooms to get bigger and collect fire flowers to shoot fire balls, he can jump high and he's not afraid of anything.
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
Samus Aran. She is the definition of badass. She has a sordid past, an air of mystery about her, and she always takes care of business like a Valkyrie in the night. She's.....amazing. I wish more women were as driven, independent, and courageous as her.
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Spinosaurus

Wario is my favorite video game character in general.

He's charming and hilarious. This is also the one character that Nintendo loves to be 100% clever with. If you played any Wario game or seen any marketing for them, you'll get what I mean. That said, he's full of personality and you either love him, or love to hate.
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Digimon Kaiser
White and Nerdy

Nature: Adamant
Non-Pokemon wise.... Peppy Hare, must I say why? Here's a hint: DO A BARREL ROLL! Also... He's a role model, wise, and always has Fox's back.
-Vladimir Lenin
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Lokhlan
Formerly "Tendo"

Bowser / King Koopa

Whats not to love about a turtle-dragon fusion?!

Friend Safari is Normal Type 5455-9491-0290
Aipmon, Audino, Smeargle

Last edited by Lokhlan; December 24th, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Mm, my favourite Nintendo characters are Roy, Lilina, Anna, Lute, Tharja, and Lyon from the Fire Emblem series, Yoshi, Peach, and Luigi from the Mario games, and other mentions include Link, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and Zelda~

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Yukari Yakumo
rosalina pls nerf
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
Kiiiirby~

He's just a cute little marshmallow with a face and shoes who devours his enemies to absorb their powers. Doesn't seem too menacing, but if you cross his path in a dark alley, you'll most lik-- *absorbed by Kirby*.
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Puddi
Unhatched Egg

Luigi! He's so adorable! And a really great character to play as in SSB.
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:14 PM
SongPhoenix
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Mm, my favourite Nintendo characters are Roy, Lilina, Anna, Lute, Tharja, and Lyon from the Fire Emblem series, Yoshi, Peach, and Luigi from the Mario games, and other mentions include Link, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, and Zelda~

I loved Lute from Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones! I used her constantly, lol. As well as Seth and Colm! (:
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:38 AM
atie

Nature: Quiet
Zelda/Sheikh such a badass

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gliscor is boss. Period.
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
King Koopa/Bowser of course as he always comes back for more after Mario keeps beating him.
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Spinosaurus

I think it really says much about Nintendo's characters if the one-dimensional minor characters in Fire Emblem are popular. :P There's also Ashley from Warioware and K.Rool in DKC who for the life of me I can't figure out why they're hugely popular amongst fans. Well, DKC doesn't have any much notable characters, but of all the ones from Warioware it's Ashley.

Anyhow, does Kyle Hyde count? Hotel Dusk/Last Window aren't really developed by Nintendo but by CiNG (RIP :( ), but they're published and I believe owned by Nintendo. If so, he gets a honorable mention by me for being a lovable douche but for also being "real".
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:25 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Link, I've only played several LoZ games, none of which I've finished. But from what I have played. He was a bretty coo' char, brah.
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:50 AM
Dangelitus

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddi View Post
Luigi! He's so adorable! And a really great character to play as in SSB.
I don't know what's mean SSB, but i'm agree about my favorite character of Nintendo is Luigi.
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
Definitely Link. He is a lot like me because he always finds ways to adapt to a situation to solve problems. Plus, he is LOOKS awesome and makes a great hero in my opinion!

Old May 27th, 2013, 10:34 AM
TheNM22
Unhatched Egg

Well, I guess it depends on what we can define as a Nintendo character? If it's characters from games published by Nintendo, then I'd say Mario and/or Link

If it's just from any Nintendo game, then I'd say Mega Man (Even though it could also count in the other category, because Mega Man 6 was published by Nintendo in North America )
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:32 PM
WalkPokeThrough
Unhatched Egg

Luigiii :D i love luigiii
Old June 1st, 2013, 07:08 AM
YungKnowledge
Kigo & Jori Shipper

Yoshi is my favorite Nintendo character. He just so darn cute.

Old June 4th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Sort of cheating, but Nidorina. Mind you,the reason being that I tend to forget she's still a Pokemon these days. That has more to do with a lost of interest in the franchise as well as illustrating whatever Pokemon I do draw way out of series context. I tend to just use #29, 30, 32 and 33 as standard Ninty characters these days anyway. :P

Still, pre-anime Kirby, Kine the Fish, Coo the Owl, Rick the Hamster and everyone in Mother's 1 and 2. The entirety of Flint's family in Mother 3.

I guess my favorite three franchises are still Kirby, Pokemon, and Mother even if my preceptions of most of them have been fractured to all heck. :(

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old June 4th, 2013, 04:34 PM
AlexanderKrah
Unhatched Egg

Link. He is courageous, he can't talk, he is left handed, he kills monsters, and I just LOVE zelda.
Old June 4th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Ninetales
Japan-flavoured Europhile

Send a message via AIM to Ninetales Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ninetales
Quote:
Originally Posted by クリス View Post
Bower / King Koopa

Whats not to love about a turtle-dragon fusion?!
Yeah. Plus, all the awesome battle themes he gets (the ones from Super Mario 64 and Galaxy 2 especially), and the fact that he lives in one of the most badass castles I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrakeet View Post
Definitely Link. He is a lot like me because he always finds ways to adapt to a situation to solve problems. Plus, he is LOOKS awesome and makes a great hero in my opinion!
I totally agree with you. He's not my top favourite, but he's pretty high up on the list. I like how there's a lot of depth to him despite him being a silent protagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbp View Post
Still, pre-anime Kirby, Kine the Fish, Coo the Owl, Rick the Hamster and everyone in Mother's 1 and 2. The entirety of Flint's family in Mother 3.

I guess my favorite three franchises are still Kirby, Pokemon, and Mother even if my preceptions of most of them have been fractured to all heck.
...Wow, I actually have the same favourite franchises as you. I really love Coo and Rick and Kine as well, and... waitwhat Flint's family? Ha, they're nothing compared to Duster and Wess in my opinion, as far as Mother 3 characters go. Talk about most unique thieves in video games ever. Oh, and the Magypsies too. What's not to love about immortal drag queens who protect a dragon-shaped island? And the Mr. Saturns, because... boing?

Well, I already made a post in the Favourite Video Game Characters thread, and some of the characters I mentioned there were Nintendo ones as well. I think those ones were Meta Knight, Link, Duster/Wess, and Mr. Saturn.

Although I did recently crown one of the non-Nintendo characters as my new favourite video game character overall, my old favourite, and still my favourite Nintendo character, is Meta Knight. I love everything about his personality, especially with all the mystery about whether he's friend or foe, yet the fact that he has a very heroic and chivalrous nature. And plus, what's not cool about a round and cartooney swordsman who can fly, shoot beams out of his sword, and operate an airship? I already liked him before seeing the Kirby anime, and the latter made me like him even more.

[size=1]Banner by me!

Last edited by Ninetales; June 4th, 2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Brendino
Oh good grief.

Nature: Quiet
Aside from Pokemon, I always grew up playing anything but Nintendo games, so I never really had a favorite. That being said, anytime I would play something like Mario Party or Mario Kart, I always went for Donkey Kong. I've got to say, he's one of the few characters I can think of that went from being the main antagonist of earlier games, and then become the hero of future ones (it must've been the tie that did it).

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
Airman ga Teosenai

In no particular order:

Bowser (Mario)
Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong)
Groose (LoZ)
Samus (Metroid)
Marx (Kirby)
Red (Pokemon)
Lucina (Fire Emblem)
King Hippo (Punch Out!!)
Palutena (Kid Icarus)
Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
Old June 5th, 2013, 11:48 PM
h0tshot1025

Nature: Bashful
That would go to Kirby, I guess. I only knew him at first because of SSB but then I tried the series he is featured in. Copy Abilities are awesome :D

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links