Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime
Reload this Page Did the banning of team rocket vs team plasma ruin BW?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Old July 15th, 2013 (01:10 PM).
May those who accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted glory

Most fans seem to dislike Best Wishes and BW23/24 being delayed/removed out of continuity would have been one of the main points.

I find it rather stupid but they had a reason to. I was really hyped for those 2 episodes which never aired.

What do you guys think about team rocket vs team plasma being removed out of contiunity?
Old July 15th, 2013 (03:01 PM).
♥ maraala ♥

Nature: Bold
I dunno if it ruined BW- it didn't really go very downhill from where it was. But I think we did miss out on some high-action drama and a potentially huge Plasma arc. So with those stories to base Plasma stuff out from, perhaps BW could have at least felt a bit more held-together than it did.
Dwebble - #184
pairs - ama - gravity falls fc - minecraft
Old July 15th, 2013 (11:09 PM).

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
Too bad they never aired again and the anime forgot them completely as you can see in the N's arc where the Plasma Grunts act they met Team rocket here...
Old July 16th, 2013 (01:44 AM).
born under saturn
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by alienhunterx:
Too bad they never aired again and the anime forgot them completely as you can see in the N's arc where the Plasma Grunts act they met Team rocket here...
I mostly agree with this dude here. I was looking forward to the episodes as well and then the unthinkable happened when that earthquake and tsunami struck, so many people died in this disaster so I guess they did make a respectable decision to take the episodes off the air but as shown by Episode N, it appears these two episodes were cancelled entirely.

I do remember this one Advanced Generation episode from 2004 featuring Barboach and Whiscash was also taken out of the schedule due to an earthquake as well, and the episode never made it to the air. It was also the reason why the move Earthquake never made anime appearances since.

So I do guess these episodes did sort-of make Unova go downhill, given I stopped watching that saga after the Brycen Gym Battle.

battle server | tumblr | twitter | lovely pair
adoption center mentor | fairy-type club
on reduced activity for a while | #radreds

Old July 16th, 2013 (04:37 AM).

I don't know what the purposed of this thread is, but Team Plasma episodes being banned didn't ruin the BW series and Unova didn't go downhill because of those two episodes being banned, the saga still had great episodes and the Unova League was the best.
Old July 16th, 2013 (10:51 PM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
But seeing the episode of Unova's Survival Crises and it's predecessor, the anime had taken many similar designs and animations from the two banned episode. Bulbapedia listed them all...
Old July 17th, 2013 (01:28 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
I don't think it ruined the anime.
It feels incomplete, though...
But I'm pretty sure it is NOT the reason why people don't like BW.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old July 17th, 2013 (04:25 AM).
CS

Nature: Jolly
I'm with those who have the stance that it didn't ruin B/W. But I was kinda upset to see how the episodes had been banned because it would have revealed Team Plasma very early in the anime, and it certainly twisted how Ash & the gang would have encountered them.
Old July 25th, 2013 (06:37 PM). Edited July 25th, 2013 by vexer6.

It didn't necessarily ruin it, it was still pretty good, but I wonder just how much of the season would've been different if those episodes had aired as originally planned, and I REALLY hope they do air at some point. I started a petition for TVTokyo to air both episodes so that the US and other countries can air them as well, so if you could sign that would be great:http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/air-pokemon-2-part-team-rocket-vs-plasma-episodes.html
Old July 28th, 2013 (11:37 PM).
Elite Trainer Joey

Nature: Calm
Yea even though it scratched possible good episodes it didnt really affect unova too much

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 29th, 2013 (02:45 AM).

Send a message via AIM to joycerodgridue Send a message via Skype™ to joycerodgridue
I agree with all, regardless of the Eps not being aired the anime was a hit atleast for me.
Old August 16th, 2013 (04:06 AM).

To me..them not airing it failed to show us the ORIGINAL Team Plasma before they introduced Team Plasma 2 in the anime. If those episodes woud've aired we might've actually have seen N when he was with Ghetsis & all just like in the original B/W games.
Old August 17th, 2013 (09:48 AM).

I don't think the two-parter not airing caused every problem BW had, but it definitely didn't help. Though I liked BW anyway.

Cheren Comic is a comic about Cheren! Go read it.
Old August 17th, 2013 (12:23 PM).
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Gold Tier

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
Of course not! No, it didn't ruin B/W at all, actually, the banning made it better because Team Plasma was introduced later, anyway, and honestly the Team Plasma arc had N in it--and if the original two parter wasn't banned, I doubt N would appear the way he did. So, it actually did some good.
I am fictional, and therefore do not even exist. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old August 17th, 2013 (12:38 PM).

I don't know what plan Pokemon Anime stuff had with Banned Team Rocket Vs Team Plasma episode but that doesn't excuse all the other idiotic plot in Worst wishs season 2 !
There were plenty of good plot around So writer didn't had to resort to such a pathetic League .
Hack , Even after Unova League & N saga, Writer/Director could have another ''League-like'' Tournament call ''World Tournament Dritveli Cup'' Where Ash defect Kotetsu & Trip in a full battle and then face a trainer from Kalo region .
At least , That would have been better then WORTHLESS DA Adventure and it might had redeem ''Worst Wishs'' But I guess Writer/Director were simply too lazy .

Old August 18th, 2013 (01:00 PM).

Quote originally posted by Famon:
I don't know what plan Pokemon Anime stuff had with Banned Team Rocket Vs Team Plasma episode but that doesn't excuse all the other idiotic plot in Worst wishs season 2 !
There were plenty of good plot around So writer didn't had to resort to such a pathetic League .
Hack , Even after Unova League & N saga, Writer/Director could have another ''League-like'' Tournament call ''World Tournament Dritveli Cup'' Where Ash defect Kotetsu & Trip in a full battle and then face a trainer from Kalo region .
At least , That would have been better then WORTHLESS DA Adventure and it might had redeem ''Worst Wishs'' But I guess Writer/Director were simply too lazy .
I disargee with you.

The Decolora saga is not worthless since it is something new and different.

Best Wishes season 1/2 had some well done plots and interesting characters and episodes, atleast N and Team Plasma finally appeard for the first time.
Old August 18th, 2013 (04:43 PM).
You're not even good enough to be my fake.
Crystal Tier

I think that it didn't necessarily ruin Pokemon B/W, it just could have made the ratings better, because that Special would of been so awesome!

-Radiam
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links