The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old June 7th, 2013, 12:39 PM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
@ darkpokeball- I think you misunderstood. I'm not starting the actual RP, I'm saying you guys need to (out of character) determine what your character's relationships are.

@WolfOfEve- I have yet to post the IC thread. But it will hopefully be soon, because school ended today!
Old June 7th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Well, I believe I've either sent a reply or initiated a conversation pertaining character relationships with everyone accepted so far. If I missed anybody please let me know. Also, Garde, you never answered my question about whether a second character would be allowed later on in the RP.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).

Last edited by Colony; June 7th, 2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Chalifoux
<< misplelled user tile... *tittlle >>
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
@Colony. Me, you forgot about me :p

So, in what character relationships refers to:

I don't think that pessimistic Maxwell and Jin would get along, if at all, because Jin doesn't seem to tolerate negative attitudes. Dunno.

He would respect Prince Nokam, but would also act with distrust when around him, probably believing he'll betray them at some point.

He would probably look up to Colony's character and her intellingence, asking her lots of questions with lots of frequency and whatnot.

He would likely get along with Sonatina, but would also have to do most of the talkin between them xD But since they're both flying units, he could join her at anytime in her rides for fun. Besides, Maxwell is a male Pegasus Knight and Sonatina is a female Wyvern Rider, need I say more?

He wouldn't like Cloff very much, especially if he was to witness the impulse taking over him. He would try to avoid talking to him as much as possible. Don't think he'll ever scratch his ears xD

He would probably consider Shinji to be egocentric and rather braggy. They could be frenemies of sorts, perhaps?

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:02 PM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

@ Colony- Sorry I didn't see that question. I hadn't planned for you guys to have two characters, except in the case of death. However, now that I think about it it makes sense, as long as you guys can keep your two characters straight.
Old June 7th, 2013, 04:28 PM
jov0006
Beygimon! Gotta let it rip!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpokeball View Post
It was afternoon, and Cloff was quite sick of the hot day they were having. Sweat stuck to his fur, making it sticky and moist. A fairly bad smell came from the taguel, but he did his best to ignore it. Today, he had a different objective.
That objective's name was Sonatina. She was beautiful, and Cloff found himself taking a large liking to her. He would stand next to her as often as possible, though it didn't seem that she noticed. Cloff figured that with a body as beautiful as hers, her voice had to be just as astounding. However, the taguel had rarely heard her talk. And when he did, he savored it. But the last time she'd talked had been a long time ago, and he wanted to hear her sweet voice again. Cloff had heard about it; her weakness. It was music. Though Cloff had a lovely singing voice, he didn't know if singing would please the girl as well as the viola that he had bought while in a nearby town. When Cloff found the girl, he rushed up.
"Sonatina! Sonatina! Listen! I wrote a song for you!" Cloff grinned, holding up the viola. He had written down the words and envisioned the tune. It was magnificent. The taguel wondered what his clan would think of his infatuation with this strange girl, but cast the thought aside. The clan was the past. This girl was the present. And so, Cloff began to play.
And out came the most hideous sound ever, not even matching the tune. Cloff realized he should've learned to play viola before this failed attempt at the girl's heart. So instead, he dropped the viola.
"I-I'm sorry! I...it's just...that didn't go as I had planned." Cloff mumbled, blushing. He looked up to see the girl's face....
I feel very oblidged to reply to this, so I will VM it?

Participating in the following Roleplays:

Click on the images to see SUs

Old June 7th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

:'( why does everyone refer to Wayra as a girl... Citlali is the girl, Wayra is the guy. Is it the name? I mean Wayra is a masculine Native American name. Also I'll get that Citlali SU up in a little bit. Sorry, Elite, I don't know how I could forget a male Pegasus knight. Max's pessimism could be something that Wayra would dislike, though he does like explaining dark magic, elder magic as he calls it. Careful, though, arrogance displayed to Wayra will set Max up for failure.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).

Last edited by Colony; June 7th, 2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old June 7th, 2013, 08:59 PM
jov0006

Similar to WolfofEve, but not exactly the same, the reasons why Sonatina reacts to things in specific ways will be revealed IC.

Old June 7th, 2013, 09:10 PM
darkpokeball
Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGardevoir View Post
@ darkpokeball- I think you misunderstood. I'm not starting the actual RP, I'm saying you guys need to (out of character) determine what your character's relationships are.

@WolfOfEve- I have yet to post the IC thread. But it will hopefully be soon, because school ended today!
Hm. I guess I did misunderstand xD
As for character relationships, I'm thinking of having Cloff in love with Sonatina, interested in Wayra(because he doesn't understand the whole 'shaman' thing), etc.
Kind of want to wait until the RP starts until any more of my characters' relationships are stated OOC.
Old June 7th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Dansparce
is rly good

Send a message via Skype™ to Dansparce
Can I reserve the final slot in this RP? If so, may i ask you a few questions regarding the character i want to create?

3DS Friend Code: 4742-7053-1635
Friend Safari: Pumkaboo, Shuppet and Golurk
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Well, I'm almost done with Citlali's SU. Here it is so far. Let me know if anything doesn't sound right, and, Garde, I'd like to PM some information regarding how she joins the group.

Character Name: Citlali Shaawai

Class: Myrmidon

Appearance:
Standing at 5' 9" and weighing in at 143 pounds, Citlali is a strong, athletic individual. She is beautiful in much the same way a tiger or lion is. A majestic and lithe frame primed to attack at a moments notice. Her long brown hair is tied into a ponytail at nearly all times, and her piercing green eyes are unnerving, as is her unusually light/fare skin(not pale, just light). She is dressed like a warrior, only a little classier since she is a khan candidate. To be more precise she wears a primarily white with gold accent deel made out of silk, but the sides around the legs are cut open to allow for easier movement. The deel is held in place by a purple silk band around her waist. Her pants are made of white cloth, most likely cotton, and they tuck into her shin-high white leather boots. Additionally she wears white, fingerless gloves that reach her elbow, and her sword is strapped to a leather belt on her waist.

Personality:
Normally she is a very stern, but fair, individual. This is attributed to the strict nature involved with leadership, and in situations where the primary leader is not available she is capable of taking charge. If the situation requires her to do something that may otherwise upset someone she will do it without remorse. Respect is a large value of hers, at least when it pertains to those not extremely close to her, and keeping her happy is as simple as treating her with respect. She tends to not handle rude or disrespectful actions against her very well, and will lash out if she feels even slightly offended. She is prideful of her abilities, and very competitive. If she is challenged she will respond with her entire being.

If for some reason you are able to get on her good side and develop a friendship with her you will find that she actually prefers being lax and just talking about whatever comes to mind. Usually this is something she recently learned or a recollection of an event. She tends to not take rude remarks quite as serious, and often she will just make one back or give the offender a quick smack to the back of the head. There is only one person that you should not mention around her, and surprisingly it's Wayra. At the moment she is very irritated by his actions, and the mere mention of his name will make her mad. Ironically, she doesn't react that way when she is with him.

When she is with Wayra you see a gentler side, one could even say forgiving (impossible, I know). Citlali and Wayra share an affection with each other, though neither know how it will play out. She tends to be more approachable, and this is usually the best time to get to know her, as she also tends to be more open when around Wayra. His indecisiveness often irks Citlali, and this can cause her to go on tirades immediately after they part ways. At times she is distressed by Wayra's actions and will seek to be alone. If she is approached at this time, depending on their relationship, she may reveal her troubles (clear indication that close characters can trigger an event/support).

History:
Citlali was a prodigy since a very young age. When she was around 4 she began showing a proficiency in the bow, and by the time she had met Wayra she was considered one of the best in the region, surpassing those twice her age. Though she displayed a greater talent for the bow, it was not her primary weapon. Being a khan candidate meant she would need to be a master of the blade. She practiced religiously, and it showed. By the age of 14 her skills were sharp, agile, and precise. By the age of 15 she had virtually given up the bow, preferring to practice with the more versatile sword instead of the ranged weapon.

Aside from her proficiency with weapons, she was a diplomat among her tribes. Her position often put her in situations that required the resolution of disputes, such as claims to land and tribal feuding. Though greatly aided by Wayra in many of these situations, she was no fool in how to resolve them. Often times she would create elaborate competitions (like the show Survivor) to settle a land dispute, but only if both tribes had equal claim. Her fairness in disputes often bolstered the people's faith in her. Many of her citizens wished to champion for her as a result.

Her education was of similar quality to Wayra's, though she did not study in elder magic. Instead, she studied the vast history of the Regna-Ferox nobility, dating as far back to when the country was ruled by two khans instead of one. Her knowledge was diverse, but still rather primitive compared to Ylisse's scholars. She enjoyed educated conversations with her adviser and friend, Wayra. They would often speak for hours about what they had learned, and they often compared thoughts on the current state of the region, disputes, and the khan selection tournament. This only added to her overall quality as a khan candidate, and it reaffirmed her claim.

There was an increasingly delicate situation between Citlali and Wayra, one that would be detrimental to their current relationship. Citlali valued Wayra as a friend, but they both displayed greater feelings for each other than simple friends. This was troubling for Citlali, as Wayra was her adviser, and it was generally unacceptable for them to have a romantic relationship. They both knew they would need to figure out what path to follow, but when Wayra decided to leave it nearly devastated her. Feeling betrayed she delved into preparing for the tournament, but her feelings of betrayal quickly turned to frustration. She often wondered why he left, was he really unable to come to a conclusion as to what their relationship would be? A few years passed and she caught word that he joined Prince Nokam's Shepherds. She resolved to venture towards Ylisse to finally get resolution on the question that has loomed in her mind for years. Currently she is on a rendezvous to meet with Prince Nokam to discuss her adviser's situation.

Code: Checkmate, now prepare to die!

Last edited by Colony; June 7th, 2013 at 11:32 PM.
Old June 8th, 2013, 07:11 AM
<Challenger>
Wake me when you need me.

Nature: Jolly
Which ladies want to fall at the feet of the dashing Shinji Chozu? ;D
Old June 8th, 2013, 09:13 AM
darkpokeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
Which ladies want to fall at the feet of the dashing Shinji Chozu? ;D
lol maybe Cloff will view Shinji as an obstacle to Sonatina(as in Cloff won't like Mr. Chozu very much)
And he'll probably be scared of Citlali at first. She sounds intimidating.
Old June 8th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Shinji would probably wish he hadn't met Citlali if he tries to show off/impress her. She just isn't the type to fall at a man's feet, but she might cut off a man's feet instead if that's a justifiable compromise. XD

Old June 8th, 2013, 02:39 PM
jov0006

Sonatina would only like Shinji if something happens between those two wyverns but without them... fat chance.

Old June 8th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Seems like Shinji is striking out on all sides, but at least there is the small possibility with Sonatina. Worse comes to worse he has a companion in his wyvern.

Old June 8th, 2013, 06:50 PM
jov0006

I sense an Inigo repeat?
Inigo: *keeps on getting rejected by other girls*
Cynthia: *doesn't mention feelings for him until S Rank*

Old June 8th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Dansparce
is rly good

And it's done...

Name: Tarin Anace

Class: Thief

Appearance: Tarin stands at a height of 5’7” and weighs 121 lbs. She has beautiful long hair which is as red as a sunset. It’s kept in a ponytail, and makes her a real standout in a crowd. She has eyes that are a near perfect match to her hair colour and a very fair complexion. However, she wears a red mask that covering her eyes while robbing. Tarin also wears very light, red and yellow leather armour, offering her some protection, while still allowing her to move freely. Her thighs are partly covered by more armour, which go down to her knees. Around her waist is a leather belt, with 8 knife slots of varying size and shape attached to it, 3 of which are filled. Finally, she wears she wears a pair of red leather boots, which reach just under her knees.

Personality: Tarin is a very sly girl, often befriending weary travellers, only to rob them blind in the middle of the night. When she knows that the person she’s robbing could beat her, she tries her best to act threatening, scary and confident. She’s also incredibly greedy, valuing gold above all else and will do almost anything for the right price. Tarin has a fascination with any rare or legendary items, but it’s only because she wants to sell them to the highest bidder.

However, this doesn’t mean she’s without morals. She never preys on the poorer people of Ylisse, and refuses to harm children. When she’s not doing what she does best, Tarin can be quite a nice person, often giving some money to poor children (as much as it pains her to do it). She can also be a very persuasive person, especially when dealing with men. Since running away from her family when she was young, Tarin’s become fairly independent. She also has a strong need to be unique and different.

Tarin taught herself some minor swordplay, but she’s still not good enough to actually wield one in battle. Instead, she uses varying types of knives to fight, ranging from smaller, throwing knives to a larger dagger, which allows her to be very versatile & agile. She’s also pretty good with a lock-pick. Finally, Tarin likes to think of herself as stealthy, but she really isn’t. Not only does she wear a bright and vibrant colour, but she’s also terrible at keeping still. However, if anyone denies the fact that she’s stealthy, they’ll be swiftly punished.

History: Tarin was born into a group of travelling merchants, to a name that she’s nearly forgotten by now. She lived a reasonably happy life, until something caused her to leave them in Regena Ferox when she was 10. She travelled slowly across the continent by stowing away in various wagons. Eventually she reached Ylisse, but was amazed by how busy the place was compared to living on the road.

However, after a few days of begging for food and shelter in the slums of the nearest town with little effect, Tarin realised that she was going to have to acquire food and gold through a different means. At first, she was a simple pickpocket, stealing only what she needed from the rich. However, as her fascination with money grew, so did her “job”. At the age of 15 she started breaking into and robbing houses, getting more and more addicted every time she succeeded and getting more skilled with each successful robbery. At that point she also started selling some rare items that she had “acquisitioned.” At the age of 22, Tarin had finally moved back onto the road becoming a fully fledged highway-man.

Weapons: 2x bronze throwing knives, 1x large, stylised bronze dagger.

Code: Checkmate!!!

NOTE: I do plan on there being more back-story for my character, but it'll be revealed later.

I hope everything checks out alright.

Old June 8th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

@Colony. I'm pretty sure Max will be afraid from Citlali the moment she goes all tough n' stuff xD Which is something he'll eventually witness just by being himself o3o

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Old June 9th, 2013, 02:30 AM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

@Dansparce- Your SU has been accepted.

Ok, since most of us are done, I will post the IC thread sometime today! (Not that it will necessarily be available today.)
Old June 9th, 2013, 03:17 AM
pokeman10000
Leftie

Nature: Serious
Ok, finally had time to make a start, I'll VM you when its doneDone! Also, I've reused a little old material, hope you don't mind since it never got used!

Character Name: Zoro

Gender: Male..no female... no male...ARGH SO HARD TO CHOOSE!!! (male)

Class: Myrmidon

Appearance: Zoro wears a pure black trenchcoat with red trim and has two sown in pure black scabbards for his two swords, a Katana which is pure white, from handle to tip, and one which is pure black. He wears a black vest and pure black trousers, with a black belt which has concealed pockets for two custom made knives in the buckle. He has pure black shoes with blades in the toe and heel. He has hair and eyes a deep shade of green, and a tanned complexion. He is well built, around 6' 3", and a red bandana with a yin-yang emblem on it, as well as a scar that covers his left eye, in which he is blind.

Personality: Zoro is the kind of person you'd keep your distance from if you didn't need his services. or know him well. He takes his 'work' seriously, but is lighthearted and people warm up to him quite quickly. He is charitable, if he sees a village can't afford his services, he will risk his life for them anyway, and only charges those who can afford it. He doesn't care for rare items or money, he only uses it to keep himself alive. He can be very threatening and 'persuasive' when he want's to be, though that's only when you get on the vwrong side of him.

History: Zoro was found as a baby in the woods by a poor family who lived in western Ylisse. He grew up in a small buy close community and had an uneventful childhood up until he was 16, when a large group of bandits ransacked the village and left only him and his best friend alive. For the next few years they grew proficient with a blade and began tracking down large bandit groups and wiping them out completely. Through it all they continued to track the group which had destroyed their village until finally they felt strong enough to take them on. They were gravely mistaken.

When they attacked they were completely outmatched by the lowest among the group. Zoro lost an eye and his friend, and very nearly his life. He swore that he would take them down one day and went travelling around Yllise challenging the the strongest in each village. He continued doing this until he was 21, when he returned to the bandit hide out and killed them all with ease. Having finally completed what he had set out to do five years ago, he became a travelling mercenary who would defend villages from bandits until he was recruited by the shepherds.

Code: Checkmate

Last edited by pokeman10000; June 9th, 2013 at 03:40 AM.
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:55 AM
darkpokeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowGardevoir View Post
@Dansparce- Your SU has been accepted.

Ok, since most of us are done, I will post the IC thread sometime today! (Not that it will necessarily be available today.)
IC thread? Coming soon? Can't wait!
Old June 9th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Dansparce
is rly good

Hmm, has anyone else seen this yet? It might be a problem.

Heretostay123 said this over on the Roleplay discussion thread...

Quote:
Hey everyone. I'm sorry, but I'm going to be leaving for a few weeks. Three to be exact. I promise no activity the first week, and very little to none the second two. I will return however. If my characters could be bunnied until then, that would be great.

Old June 9th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

Actually, yes, and I discussed this with both hereto and Garde, who has already approved of this: I will bunny Shinji along with us following any guidelines hereto provides me while he's away o3o As well as any reactions he's already planned and the like :3

Chalifoux
Slighlty Dronk
*drunnk

Send a Private Message!
Friend Code
Logbook
IGNs
Trade Reviews
Pair
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Dansparce
is rly good

Well, that's good. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knew.

Also, am I allowed to start Tarin as a character who isn't apart of the New Shepherds?

Old June 9th, 2013, 09:44 PM
jov0006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansparce View Post
Hmm, has anyone else seen this yet? It might be a problem.

Heretostay123 said this over on the Roleplay discussion thread...
Yeah I was notified about it by ~Genevieve~ through the Game of Pokemon OOC, it shouldn't be to big of a problem now that EliteBeats in bunnying Shinji.

On a very unrelated note to heretostay's situation, I made a Sonatina sprite for fun.

Last edited by jov0006; June 9th, 2013 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here