The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 7th, 2013, 10:41 AM
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavok View Post
Is there any way to make this work in Pokemon Ruby? Or does this work? I am editing that, and I could really use the extra flags :/ Thanks in advance
Change the offsets in the code and branch and you should be good for Ruby.
Old September 7th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Tavok

Emm... can I ask how to do that? Because I have no idea... sorry for any inconvenience :/
Old September 7th, 2013, 10:55 AM
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Just change the offsets in the ASM routine to the offsets of Ruby's save blocks and such.
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Tavok

Emmm... Could you be a little more specific? I am new to hacking, and, I really have no idea of how to do that... Do I need to know how to use ASM? I am just starting to see how it works, and it seems kinda complicated, even more since I have zero programming knowledge...
Old September 7th, 2013, 11:35 AM
GoGoJJTech
Community Supporter

Well you do need ASM knowledge, and you may need to change up these routines based on ruby's... But you do need to know the offsets both in the RAM and ROM to port it.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 12:58 AM
Phenom2122

I hope that it is alright to bring up a fairly old post here. I am wanting to try and port this to Emerald even if I have to do it via trial and error. A simple comparison of bytes with the data from that Fire Red offset does not really do the trick in this case.
All I would like to know, I hope someone can help me here, for testing purposes, would I successfully get a break in VBA's debugger if I set either 'bpw 0203C000 1' or even better 'bpr @offsetofroutine 1' and then set a flag?
How can I know if I have found the right offset or not from testing? I tested my first try without a break, before I proceed I would just like to know if I will even get a break at all.
Old August 9th, 2014, 10:20 AM
teamrocketjessie

What is the asm code to force certain names for the main chars? Say I wanted to make Jessie and James the main chars what code would I use to set those default names?
Old September 9th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Derlo
Braziliam Hacker!! De Mossoró

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Derlo
someone has a new link to "This patch" in the first post?

Pokémon
Essence of Light

Comming Soon...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links