The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old June 3rd, 2013, 12:25 AM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
If you could decide what country or part of the world on which to base a new game region in, what would you pick?

Would you want any certain real life cities to be adapted into pokémon world cities for use in the games? Like Paris for the main city of Kalos.

Are there other landmarks you would like to include in this region?

For reference, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh are based on different parts of Japan; Unova is based around New York and the US; Kalos is based on France.

It's interesting that they summarized aspects of America into one region and the whole of France into one region, while they only used small parts of Japan for whole regions. But that is probably because the game is Japanese to begin with ;)

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General

Old June 3rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
lmcde22

Australia! They should make one for Australia. The landscape is so diverse

Old June 3rd, 2013, 08:52 PM
Adventure
i n t e r s t e l l a r

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcde22 View Post
Australia! They should make one for Australia. The landscape is so diverse
I agree!

I'd also want to see a region based on Norway 8D A northern country with lots of dramatic scenery - fitting for a new gen with better graphics. Lots of mountains and caves that maybe don't really look as boring as in many old games. And Oslo as the biggest city, of course, and many fjords.

Dragon is officially 51% more awesome than I am.
moderator of Roleplay Corner and Pokémon General

Old June 3rd, 2013, 10:10 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
Aside from Australia- which is what I was hoping the sixth gen would be based off of, my longshot vote would go to something based on Western Canada/Alaska. It would provide a highly varying climate and landscape (beaches, islands, mountains, prairies, etc.), plus living here would make it much more exciting to play a game based on it. Plus, Vancouver has already been adapted into the series by way of LaRousse City in the anime, so it wouldn't be like they were starting from scratch.

Pokémon Trainer Brendan wants to battle!
Grovyle (Lv. 32) - Overgrow - (Leaf Blade, Energy Ball)
Favorite Pokémon Tournament: FINALE
November 21st / Staff Collab 2014

(reduced activity through december, poke me if you need me)
Old June 4th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Yeah that'd be good. Hell, why don't they even include LaRousse City, then have a Deoxys event?

I think Brazil would be a good one, perhaps. The main city could have a statue of Arceus replacing Christ the Redeemer :P And it could incorporate other parts of South America, i.e. as well as the rainforest (excuse for more of Hoenn's tropical creatures to appear) you could have say the Falkland Islands appearing, with key differences to the main region. Or if you're pro-Argentine, have the evil team overrun them in the beginning, with the player liberating them :)
Old June 4th, 2013, 07:07 AM
AlecGW
Unhatched Egg

I'm going with Australia. I want 1000000 Kangaskhan and a new drop bear Pokémon. I also want to see the outback be 90% of the entire region.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links