The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 11th, 2013, 08:15 AM
KidCarter93
PokéTech Guy

Nature: Jolly
Although trade evolution can be useful in a lot of situations (namely to get Golem, Machamp, Alakazam and Gengar), I personally don't like it now that I don't have a gameboy to play the games on.

As I use an emulator on my Android, getting certain Pokemon is clearly out of the question and therefore it's a selfish rreason why I don't like it :p

As I don't really play the official games anymore though, I don't mind as the trading to evolve limitation doesn't exist.
Old June 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Cypher DS

In terms of filling out the pokedex, the GTS Request system is the best thing that happened to trade evolutions.

I will say that GameFreak could have been more helpful in explaining the Shelmet/Karrablast evolution mechanics in the game. Their pokedex entries and the references to electricity made me think you had to level them up in the Chargestone Cave.

Old June 11th, 2013, 06:01 PM
SubVirus

I found that trading was nice when i was young and still in school where people played the game around me. Now that that is not the case it is just an annoying part of the game that generates gamefreak more money.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
You have no idea how I hate trade evolution. Ever since I found out that, to get my hands on the almighty Alakazam, I needed to trade Kadabra.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links