The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 27th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

Actually we've already seen a good bit of her air moves including her down-air; from what is released, I'm guessing we already know the up-air, forward-air and down-air. And like I said before, she looks very mobile and her smashes and ground attacks look very swift with fast animation. Maybe not a good air combo-er but a good air juggler and general combo-er.

Last edited by Logiedan; July 27th, 2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Nature: Quirky
A lot of people on youtube such as this guy are upset about story mode's removal for SSB4, thinking it'll hurt not only the game's sales, but also the Wii U's sales. Since when was Smash Bros. ever about the story, especially how not many people liked SSE in Brawl due to how tedious it is to beat. Plus, no story mode saves a lot of time and space for the game's development to focus on character balance, online features, and creative modes.

Credit goes to anon from JoyReactor.com for the sig he posted
Old August 3rd, 2013, 07:38 AM
monks1692

My roommates always beat me so bad at this game.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
A lot of people on youtube such as this guy are upset about story mode's removal for SSB4, thinking it'll hurt not only the game's sales, but also the Wii U's sales. Since when was Smash Bros. ever about the story, especially how not many people liked SSE in Brawl due to how tedious it is to beat. Plus, no story mode saves a lot of time and space for the game's development to focus on character balance, online features, and creative modes.
Yeah, I'm just fine with story mode being removed, as cool as it was. Like you said, more space for things that really matter. Besides, if anything, I'm sure we'll still get Classic Mode and maybe an Adventure Mode like the one from Melee. In fact, I think that area in the trailer where Mario jumped from the 3DS version of the game to the Wii U version (with the platforms and rotating ferris wheel-like structure) was from that Adventure Mode .

Either way, not sure if I posted this here yet, but here are some of my character predictions:
  • The original 12 from SSB64 aren't going anywhere, as per usual
  • Ike will be replaced by Chrom from FE: Awakening
  • Mewtwo will return as playable, complete with his new form, possibly replacing Lucario
  • Pokemon Trainer may not return either, instead being replaced by another Pokemon from Gen 6
  • Snake won't return, but Sonic has a high chance of returning, especially with his exclusives and Lost World on the way. He's practically a Nintendo character right now. xD
  • Dixie will be playable to promote DKC: Tropical Freeze.
  • R.O.B. probably won't return (even though I liked using him)
  • Shulk from Xenoblade will be playable
  • Toon Link may return due to Wind Waker HD, but if not, he'll be replaced by Ghirahim from Skyward Sword
  • Ghirahim will be playable regardless (this is pretty much my only wish with this game )
  • Demise will make an appearance somewhere if Ghirahim is in, most likely an Assist Trophy if those come back
  • Reggie will be playable (please Sakurai?? xD )

I guess that's all I can think of at the moment.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
The original 12 from SSB64 aren't going anywhere, as per usual
No duh.

Quote:
Ike will be replaced by Chrom from FE: Awakening
Why can't they co-exist? Sakurai has already expressed his hate on cutting characters. Roy was originally meant to co-exist with Ike in Brawl, but he, along with Mewtwo, was cut due to Sonic's late entry.

Quote:
Mewtwo will return as playable, complete with his new form, possibly replacing Lucario
Again, like Ike and Roy, Mewtwo and Lucario were originally going to co-exist in Brawl (have you ever lurked into Smashboards?). The only characters who aren't safe by default are the third-parties.

Quote:
Pokemon Trainer may not return either, instead being replaced by another Pokemon from Gen 6
The Pokemon Trainer we have now is way too iconic to be replaced, and Mewtwo's return will already represent Gen 6 because of its new forme.

Quote:
Snake won't return, but Sonic has a high chance of returning, especially with his exclusives and Lost World on the way. He's practically a Nintendo character right now. xD
But there's a thing about guest characters in fighting games making only one appearance and never come back in the next installment.

Quote:
Dixie will be playable to promote DKC: Tropical Freeze.
While she was originally meant to appear in Brawl as part of a tag team with Diddy Kong, King K. Rool has higher priority due to the many fan requests.

Quote:
R.O.B. probably won't return (even though I liked using him)
Mr. Game & Watch wasn't removed in Brawl, so what makes you think R.O.B. will be removed?

Quote:
Shulk from Xenoblade will be playable
He has a lot of requests from fans at Japan, so his chances are high.

Quote:
Toon Link may return due to Wind Waker HD, but if not, he'll be replaced by Ghirahim from Skyward Sword
No, that will be Classic Link from ALttP, Link's Awakening, OoA/OoS, and ALBW.

Quote:
Ghirahim will be playable regardless (this is pretty much my only wish with this game )
Except he's a one-time Zelda character, who aren't allowed to be playable. What makes you think Midna and Zant weren't playable back in Brawl? He's better off as an assist trophy.

Quote:
Demise will make an appearance somewhere if Ghirahim is in, most likely an Assist Trophy if those come back
See my response on Ghirahim.

Quote:
Reggie will be playable (please Sakurai?? xD )
Reggie himself said in a interview that will all be based on Sakurai's decision, so he asks Reggie to add him in Smash, then his body is ready.

Old August 5th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000

Quote:
Why can't they co-exist? Sakurai has already expressed his hate on cutting characters. Roy was originally meant to co-exist with Ike in Brawl, but he, along with Mewtwo, was cut due to Sonic's late entry.
I never knew they didn't make it because of Sonic. I mean, I knew about the hidden files of the cut Melee characters, but I didn't know Sonic's appearance caused them all to be cut. :/

Quote:
Again, like Ike and Roy, Mewtwo and Lucario were originally going to co-exist in Brawl (have you ever lurked into Smashboards?). The only characters who aren't safe by default are the third-parties.
I actually haven't been on Smashboards in about a year. I think I have to go back now. xD

Quote:
The Pokemon Trainer we have now is way too iconic to be replaced, and Mewtwo's return will already represent Gen 6 because of its new forme.
I guess so. Maybe PT will have other Pokemon to play as? xD

Quote:
But there's a thing about guest characters in fighting games making only one appearance and never come back in the next installment.
Yeah, that's true. I thought Sonic would come back with moves from the new games. If he does or doesn't, it's fine with me, provided he doesn't cause the cutting of more characters.

Quote:
While she was originally meant to appear in Brawl as part of a tag team with Diddy Kong, King K. Rool has higher priority due to the many fan requests.
I knew there was one character I forgot on my list! xD
I hope he makes it in as well.

Quote:
Mr. Game & Watch wasn't removed in Brawl, so what makes you think R.O.B. will be removed?
I only said that because I've noticed that many people don't really like him, though I don't know why. He's a pretty good character if you use him right.

Quote:
No, that will be Classic Link from ALttP, Link's Awakening, OoA/OoS, and ALBW.
Oh, that makes sense. How did I not think of him? And A Link to the Past is one of my all time favorite games. xD

Quote:
Except he's a one-time Zelda character, who aren't allowed to be playable. What makes you think Midna and Zant weren't playable back in Brawl? He's better off as an assist trophy.
T_T

Quote:
Reggie himself said in a interview that will all be based on Sakurai's decision, so he asks Reggie to add him in Smash, then his body is ready.
I saw that interview, which made me put that down. How awesome would it be though?
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
If they did remove Pokémon Trainer, it would be nice if he was replaced by N with Reshiram & Zekrom as the pokemon switching instead of the Kanto starters. Obviously B&W will probably be majorly forgotten about since this will come out after X&Y which is a shame since there wasn't a SSB game at an appropriate time for it.

Having recently bought FE:Awakening, I would be very happy to see Chrom on the roster.

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old August 6th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki

Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°
I really disliked brawl in terms of gameplay mechanics, Melee was much better in my opinion which is why I play Project: M. I hope that SSB4 is more like Melee or else I probably won't get it. I do hope they add Chrom to the roster as well, which I'm sure they will since he's the newest FE protagonist. Reggie shouldn't be added to SSB4, as funny and cool as that would be it's gonna get really old quick. I'd rather just have Wii Fit instructor have a "my body is ready" taunt. I would really like for them to keep Lucas in the game since he was my brawl main but the only reason he was put in brawl was so EarthBound fans could use him since Mother 3 was never released in America. If they do remove him then I'll just main Toon Link or MegaMan.

Gym Leader Blue
DeathAnkou @Pokemonshowdown
Old August 6th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

So guys, a new stage is revealed on the website today, and it's our first retro stage. It's apparently based on the SNES installment of Pilotwings. So, Pilotwings rep confirmed?

Old August 6th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000

Quote:
So guys, a new stage is revealed on the website today, and it's our first retro stage. It's apparently based on the SNES installment of Pilotwings. So, Pilotwings rep confirmed?
I just took a look at that before coming here. Until I read your post, I had no idea what stage that was, as I've never played Pilotwings. xD
Old August 7th, 2013, 06:39 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Luigi's confirmed for Smash Bros.! Although, it was probably as expected:

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old August 7th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Luigi's confirmed for Smash Bros.! Although, it was probably as expected:

There's even an update to Weegee's profile on the website: http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/luigi.html

I'm shocked to see Sakurai reveal him this early before the game's release, due to his history of being an unlockable character, as well as a semi-clone of Mario, who are traditionally unlockable.

Old August 7th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000

Yeah, I didn't expect Luigi this early, though it's acceptable because we already know he'd have been included anyway. xD
Unlockable characters are usually revealed much later though. Maybe he won't be unlockable this time?
Old August 9th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Now that it's confirmed that Lucario is getting a new forme like Mewtwo, and both are under the Mega Evolution category, I think it's safe to assume that speculators will drop the idea of Lucario getting axed in SSB4 for Mewtwo's return, and both can co-exist in the roster together, like it was originally planned in Brawl, and use their Mega Evolutions as their final smash, replacing Lucario's Aura Storm.

Old August 9th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki

Arena Ferox is a Smash Bros. 3DS stage.

Since this is the case, I think it's safe to assume that Chrom or Lucina will make an appearance in this game, replacing Ike more than likely.

Gym Leader Blue
Old August 9th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero° View Post
Arena Ferox is a Smash Bros. 3DS stage.

Since this is the case, I think it's safe to assume that Chrom or Lucina will make an appearance in this game, replacing Ike more than likely.
Brawl had the Bridge of Eldin and Frigate Orpheon, yet neither Midna, Zant, nor Dark Samus appeared in Brawl's roster, so what makes you think Chrom/Lucina will be in the roster? Just because we have a stage from a recent installment doesn't automatically mean we'll get a character from that installment. We could be getting Marth, Roy, and Ike in their Awakening outfits instead.

Old August 11th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki

They replaced Mewtwo with Lucario so why not? I still feel like adding Chrom or Lucina would be a pretty good thing, regardless if they replace one of the characters from the past FE games. I was just putting out what I thought would most likely be the case, no need to sound so harsh bro.

Anyway I just saw a video of Sakurai playing Smash 4 with a gamecube-like controller, which makes me very happy because it would've been hard to play competitively with a Wii-U controller. I'm also glad Sakurai decided not to add trippings because that was just stupid lol. Hopefully this game will be as fast paced as Melee.

Gym Leader Blue

Last edited by Zero°; August 11th, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old August 11th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
King of Kaiju

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero° View Post
They replaced Mewtwo with Lucario so why not? I still feel like adding Chrom or Lucina would be a pretty good thing, regardless if they replace one of the characters from the past FE games. I was just putting out what I thought would most likely be the case, no need to sound so harsh bro.
If you read my previous post, you learn that Mewtwo wasn't replaced by Lucario, because they were originally planned to coexist in the Brawl roster just like there was originally going to be 3 Fire Emblem reps with Roy's return. Chrom or Lucina can't be in SSB4 by themselves due to having their niches done by Ike and Marth respectively, so the only logical way for them differentiate from them is to pair them up together, just like in Awakening, but they face competition with Roy, who is requested by Japanese fans to come back along with Mewtwo, as well as 3DS limitations on duo teams that Sakurai has revealed. Plus, Sakurai expressed his dislike on cutting characters.

Last edited by Pinkie-Dawn; August 11th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki

That's if the roster is limited in SSB4, which I hope it isn't, the more characters the more fun it'll be. Since Sakurai doesn't like cutting off characters then I'm pretty sure there will be a return of Melee and Brawl characters. I didn't know Mewtwo was supposed to be in Brawl actually, I knew about Roy though xD But since neither of them were added idc but it would be nice for them to return. I sincerely hope they keep Lucas(doubt it) and Toon Link, or at least a "young link" clone, in the new game's roster because those are my current mains for Project M/Brawl. I'm not so worried about anyone else, I'll just wait and see when I get the game myself.

Gym Leader Blue
Old August 13th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Apple Juice
who are you

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
I can't wait for SSB4! All the previous versions of this series were big hits for me and the rest of the gaming world, and I'm positive this one will be no different. To add a quick summary of my opinions from the other leaks from earlier in the thread, I can't wait to knock people out with Villager, and adding Sonic was a great move on their part. The fitness trainer is a unique call, and I'm going to wait to the game's release before I judge too harshly, but it could be a success or a bust. One character doesn't make or break a game, fortunately for them, and so I excitingly await this game. :]

As for the most recent information, I agree that the cast shouldn't be limited, as the way the game is played, adding more characters won't hinder any aspect of it, and so why not?

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old August 14th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Juice View Post
I can't wait for SSB4! All the previous versions of this series were big hits for me and the rest of the gaming world, and I'm positive this one will be no different. To add a quick summary of my opinions from the other leaks from earlier in the thread, I can't wait to knock people out with Villager, and adding Sonic was a great move on their part. The fitness trainer is a unique call, and I'm going to wait to the game's release before I judge too harshly, but it could be a success or a bust. One character doesn't make or break a game, fortunately for them, and so I excitingly await this game. :]

As for the most recent information, I agree that the cast shouldn't be limited, as the way the game is played, adding more characters won't hinder any aspect of it, and so why not?
We don't know if Sonic is back yet.
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:25 AM
ShinyPikachu2000

Nature: Calm
Has anyone had ever played the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros? I heard that the Japenese version had some differences that were even removed or changed in the American version. Can anyone tell me what those differences are? I really would like to play it to see if its good or bad.
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyPikachu2000 View Post
Has anyone had ever played the Japanese version of Super Smash Bros? I heard that the Japenese version had some differences that were even removed or changed in the American version. Can anyone tell me what those differences are? I really would like to play it to see if its good or bad.
The only ones I really know of is that they all retain the "GAME SET" from the original and that Mewtwo talked in his victory poses in Melee.
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:44 AM
RollsOfSushi
Hotter than Wasabi

Nature: Jolly
I can't wait to get this game for the 3DS... Pokemon and this game, they are the only reasons I am keeping the handheld device.

Gengar
~Hotter Than Wasabi~
" Gengar hides in the shadows. If a Gengar is nearby, it is said to feel ten degrees colder than normal. "
Awesome avatar by Alexial • Wrestling YoutubePokemon Youtube
InstagramSprite Shop

Old August 17th, 2013, 09:48 AM
ShinyPikachu2000

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
The only ones I really know of is that it retains the "GAME SET" from the original and that Mewtwo talked in his victory poses in Melee.
I was actually talking about The original N64 version of SSB. My mistake for not mentioning the N64 version.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links