The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 17th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Apple Juice
who are you
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
We don't know if Sonic is back yet. :P
Hmm, I must've been given some faulty information. It would be pretty out of the ordinary for them to leave Sonic out. He's such an iconic character, I would honestly be appalled if they decided to take him out. I'm sure there's another character that they could take out to keep the blue hedgehog in.

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:40 AM
Sir Servine
Who wants poffins? :3
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quirky
I think the Pokemon Trainer is going to return, but with a different set of starters. It'd most likely be Gen 5 or 6. :o
Old August 18th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Servine View Post
I think the Pokemon Trainer is going to return, but with a different set of starters. It'd most likely be Gen 5 or 6. :o
As much as I like to see that happen, it won't because the Kanto starters are too iconic to be replaced along with the lack of le sneaky pebbles in Smash Bros. to hurt Charizard.
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Radiam
This is my breaking point.
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I don't think that Pokemon Trainer will return. It will probably be a Pokemon that can change into another form, to act as another Pokemon.

Ex. Mewtwo could return and turn into MegaMewtwo and Lucario could return and turn into MegaLucario. I brought them up because they're very popular and they were in previous Smash Bros games.
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Metroid Other M stage confirmed!

But on the verge of metroid characters, I'm not sure if there's anyone that can be qualified other than Samus.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Darkrai Lv.1000
The Ultimate Dark Pokémon...

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Doronjo View Post
Metroid Other M stage confirmed!

But on the verge of metroid characters, I'm not sure if there's anyone that can be qualified other than Samus.
Yeah, that's the Geothermal Power Plant where you fought Ridley! Awesome! After seeing this stage in Dead or Alive Dimensions, I was hoping it would be a stage in the next Smash Bros! Maybe Ridley will appear as a stage hazard like in that game as well. xD
Old August 20th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrai Lv.1000 View Post
Yeah, that's the Geothermal Power Plant where you fought Ridley! Awesome! After seeing this stage in Dead or Alive Dimensions, I was hoping it would be a stage in the next Smash Bros! Maybe Ridley will appear as a stage hazard like in that game as well. xD
Ridley's legion of space pirates would have to disagree with you.

The way Sakurai describes this stage is definitely trolling Ridley's role in SSB4 for the fans.
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Dragon
inifinte

Nature: Modest
In SSBB4 news:

Poooosibly a Galaxy stage or something. Maybe super Mario galaxy. Also hooray for Kirby's hammer!
I'm probably gonna play as Kirby more. :3
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGDArm View Post
In SSBB4 news:

Poooosibly a Galaxy stage or something. Maybe super Mario galaxy. Also hooray for Kirby's hammer!
I'm probably gonna play as Kirby more. :3
it could also be Rainbow Road.
Old September 10th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
I don't think that's Rainbow Road. If it was, then the background would've been completely black. It would have had some small, white stars as well. We may get a Rainbow Road stage in one of the future SSB games, but we're not going to get one in this game, most likely.

Anyway, that picture kind of reminds me of the place where you've fought Demise in Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. xD It could be either that, or it could be a place from Super Mario Galaxy.

Last edited by Endless; September 11th, 2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

There's a rumor I found on 4chan saying that this week on Wednesday or Thursday, there will be a Nintendo Direct with a new SSB4 trailer featuring Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer, and Peach as our returning veterans and Wonder Red as our newcomer. The trailer will also show N's Castle from the 3DS version and Honeyhive Galaxy from the Wii U version. The rumor was posted this Monday, but I would take it with a grain of salt since tomorrow is Wednesday and Nintendo hasn't announced a Direct yet.
Old September 11th, 2013, 08:34 PM
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
Ah, Smash Bros.! I can say my 2nd favourite game outside of the RPG Genre. I hope to see a Clock Town stage in the new one because Majora's Mask is my favourite game in the Zelda stage. Can't wait to use Megaman though because he is just so awesome and is my favourite platformer!
My favourite in the series is Super Smash Bros. Brawl because I really love the Stage Builder! I don't know why, that's just me.
Old September 11th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

So I've been playing Drill Dozer non-stop for the past few days. Now I'm hoping Jill makes the cut (it's a long-shot, but one can dream, right?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
There's a rumor I found on 4chan saying that this week on Wednesday or Thursday, there will be a Nintendo Direct with a new SSB4 trailer featuring Zero Suit Samus, Pokemon Trainer, and Peach as our returning veterans and Wonder Red as our newcomer. The trailer will also show N's Castle from the 3DS version and Honeyhive Galaxy from the Wii U version. The rumor was posted this Monday, but I would take it with a grain of salt since tomorrow is Wednesday and Nintendo hasn't announced a Direct yet.
Eh, we'll see. Just a few weeks ago, a rumor on 4chan was going around saying that ZSS was going to be announced around late August. Of course, that didn't happen at all.

EDIT:

AAAANNNDDD Peach is announced.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/peach.html

Last edited by Rest; September 12th, 2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old September 12th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Slayr231
Aspiring Writer, or something

Nature: Calm
I love SSB! It's a great party game and I'm looking forward to all the new characters and stages. Maybe there will be a character I can kick butt with. All I'm saying is that, you know you aren't very good when your best character is Bowser. XD
Old September 12th, 2013, 04:31 AM
Dragon
inifinte

Yeah, it looks like Peach has slightly altered attacks from Super Smash Bros Brawl, uuut no surprise that she made it in SSBB4!

I'm wondering guys - for those of you who want to get SSBB4, are you going to get it for the 3DS, or for the Wii U?
Old September 12th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Rest
Showstealer Pro: Trial Version

Quote:
Yeah, it looks like Peach has slightly altered attacks from Super Smash Bros Brawl, uuut no surprise that she made it in SSBB4!

I'm wondering guys - for those of you who want to get SSBB4, are you going to get it for the 3DS, or for the Wii U?
I'm not planning to get a Wii U anytime soon, and it would take a LOT more than just SSB4 for me to even consider it. I'm getting it for the 3DS, definitely.
Old September 12th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

I guess this pretty much disconfirms Toad as a playable character, as well as possibly any new Mario rep due to the series already being complete with the most iconic characters (Waluigi and Bowser Jr. don't have enough star power to be in the same ranks as the big 4, and Paper Mario would only create a time paradox within the Mario universe like Dr. Mario since they both take place in the same universe).
Old September 26th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Dragon
inifinte

Toon Link is officially confirmed!

Old September 26th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Everyone thought Toon Link was going to get axed because of his appearance as a background character in the Spirit Tracks stage, even though that's not the same Toon Link. Good thing this confirmation has put all of this worry to rest, though I'm quite surprised that Sakurai has revealed a traditionally hidden character before the game's release for a second time. This proves two things: 1) Sakurai still believes having two versions of Link, an adult and a child, in the roster is important, and 2) Sakurai enjoys messing with patterns we found (we thought Sakurai would only reveal one character per month).
Old September 26th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000

I knew Toon Link would be back, especially with Wind Waker HD. I suppose this kills any hope anyone had for a "Classic Link".

Quote:

I already planned to get the 3DS version. But now that I finally bought a Wii U (WWHD Bundle!! :D ), I may get both if the differences are large enough.
Eh, who am I kidding? I'm getting both regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie-Dawn View Post
Everyone thought Toon Link was going to get axed because of his appearance as a background character in the Spirit Tracks stage, even though that's not the same Toon Link. Good thing this confirmation has put all of this worry to rest, though I'm quite surprised that Sakurai has revealed a traditionally hidden character before the game's release for a second time. This proves two things: 1) Sakurai still believes having two versions of Link, an adult and a child, in the roster is important, and 2) Sakurai enjoys messing with patterns we found (we thought Sakurai would only reveal one character per month).
What if they aren't hidden this time? xD
Old September 27th, 2013, 12:07 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
This proves two things: 1) Sakurai still believes having two versions of Link, an adult and a child, in the roster is important, and 2) Sakurai enjoys messing with patterns we found (we thought Sakurai would only reveal one character per month).
Such is the follow of trying to fit a pattern to a small sample. The game was only announced some months ago after all.

There is a 'stronger' pattern though, to be said, but a clearer one - some of the reveals have clearly tied to releases for the franchise. Olimar for Pikmin, for instance, Toon Link for the Wind Waker HD release... so if people want to speculate, Pokémon's coming up soon, Sonic has a chance near the end of October, and there's the ALttP sequel after that too.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old September 27th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°
Tink is still in omg yes <3 I was worried I was gonna have to drop my mains (Lucas and Tink) but at least I have one of them.

And I'll probably be getting SSB4 on Wii U since I'm sure 90% of the competitive community will be on the Wii U
Old September 27th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Endless
& heading that way

Send a message via AIM to Endless
By standing next to Peach in the first picture, Link immediately fooled me into thinking that she was actually Princess Zelda. xD Is Zelda going to be in the game, anyway? If she is, then that's awesome! I loved using her in Melee and Brawl. I hope they use the same Zelda from Skyward Sword, because in my opinion, that was the best-looking design that Zelda ever had. If she is not going to be in SSB, then are they at least planning to include her in some capacity, maybe as some sort of a DLC character? Also, how about Ganon, the arch-nemesis of Link and Zelda? Are they going to have him in the game as well?

Last edited by Endless; September 27th, 2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old September 27th, 2013, 01:08 AM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perdition Haze View Post
By standing next to Peach in the first picture, Link immediately fooled me into thinking that she was actually Princess Zelda. xD Is Zelda going to be in the game, anyway? If she is, then that's awesome! I loved using her in Melee and Brawl. I hope they use the same Zelda from Skyward Sword, because in my opinion, that was the best-looking design that Zelda ever had. If she is not going to be in SSB, then are they at least planning to include her in some capacity, maybe as some sort of a DLC character? Also, how about Ganon, the arch-nemesis of Link and Zelda? Are they going to have him in the game as well?
She's not yet been confirmed, but I think it's nigh a given that she will be revealed sooner or later. (As said above, maybe the timing of the LoZ game on the 3DS will suit hers, or Ganon's, reveal). They're staple and iconic characters, much like Bowser and Peach are, I'd say.

I don't think DLC is something they're initially or currently planning for? At least, that's from vague memory from an article.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old September 27th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Such is the follow of trying to fit a pattern to a small sample. The game was only announced some months ago after all.

There is a 'stronger' pattern though, to be said, but a clearer one - some of the reveals have clearly tied to releases for the franchise. Olimar for Pikmin, for instance, Toon Link for the Wind Waker HD release... so if people want to speculate, Pokémon's coming up soon, Sonic has a chance near the end of October, and there's the ALttP sequel after that too.
But Peach's reveal wasn't tied to current releases from this year; she was revealed on the anniversary release of the first SMB game rather than 3D World.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links