Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 4th, 2013 (10:12 PM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
I believe mine was the original Machamp one from one of the starter decks. The one I most remember is the original Electrode card that I traded back and forth in elementary school back in 1999. I don't remember if I ever kept it because I had traded it with so many back then but upon looking in my card binder recently, I found the same card and thought to myself if it was the very same Electrode I had used in trades back then. Not sure how I could find out but I'm happy to have it. I lost the Machamp one many years back when I got it stuck in a crack in my bedroom's floorboard and it must've fell into the subflooring.

I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old June 4th, 2013 (11:06 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I do believe my first holo was actually that Machamp. I had no holos before I got the Starter Set.
Old June 5th, 2013 (01:00 PM).
Brendino
Strike that. Reverse it.

Nature: Quiet
I know for a fact that the same Machamp card was one of my first two holographic cards. I also managed to pull a holo Ninetales from the original Base Set, but I can't remember if it happened before or after I got the Starter Set.

I still believe that I have my Ninetales tucked away in my binder of cards, but I don't remember what exactly happened to my Machamp.

Moderator of Pokémon General
Old June 22nd, 2013 (10:20 AM). Edited June 22nd, 2013 by CloysterOyster.
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

I searched on Bulbapedia and they have alot of the holographics listed in what packs they came from. I am focusing on getting the ones I don't have from the Base Set, Fossil and Jungle packs, which is like 30 cards. I also plan on getting the holo Espeon and Umbreon now that I know they exist in holo form.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old June 23rd, 2013 (11:13 AM).
Necrum
Doctor Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik

Nature: Adamant
My first holo was a Raichu from the Base Set. My parents bought me and my brother a booster pack one day, and we both pulled that same Raichu, lmao.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (02:25 PM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by NecrumWarrior:
My first holo was a Raichu from the Base Set. My parents bought me and my brother a booster pack one day, and we both pulled that same Raichu, lmao.
That's awesome. I have it in both English and another language, which I think is German or something.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (03:59 PM).
JayD
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

My first holo was also the Machamp from the base set. Looks like that Machamp holds a place in our heart for all of us :-)

The first holo I ever got from a booster was either a Crawdaunt or a Regirock EX. I dont really remember.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (05:13 PM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by LilJz1234:
My first holo was also the Machamp from the base set. Looks like that Machamp holds a place in our heart for all of us :-)
I need to replace mine, lost it in the floorboard of one of my father's old homes. As a kid, I wasn't as careful with my cards as I am now.
Old June 23rd, 2013 (07:20 PM).
JayD
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Same here, I don't even know where my Machamp went
I'm keeping my valuable cards in a binder now, since I finally the value of them
Old June 24th, 2013 (07:37 AM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by LilJz1234:
Same here, I don't even know where my Machamp went
I'm keeping my valuable cards in a binder now, since I finally the value of them
Me too, best place for them to be.
Old June 24th, 2013 (07:47 AM).
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I think my first holo was the base set Ninetales from a theme deck I bought to challenge my friend's deck.
Old June 24th, 2013 (09:56 AM).
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Curtis talli:
I think my first holo was the base set Ninetales from a theme deck I bought to challenge my friend's deck.
Great card. I plan on getting one soon. Did you win?
Old June 24th, 2013 (06:38 PM).
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
Pretty sure mine was a Charizard one. I got it for Christmas, just that card. After that it started an obsession and I practically bought a pack every week. I should really find all my old cards, I had a ton.
Old June 30th, 2013 (09:35 PM).
Elec.28

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Elec.28 Send a message via Skype™ to Elec.28
I think it was that Machamp too, if not then it was either Magneton or Blastoise.
Old July 2nd, 2013 (08:27 AM).
Left 4 good

The only holo I can actually remember pulling as a kid was Charizard from Base Set, probably because it got me so excited, I still remember my reaction, however, probably not my first holo
Old July 2nd, 2013 (12:16 PM).
Bobith
Tossin' balls since '99

Nature: Impish
That machamp. As a kid I was really excited about it, until I realized all my friends who bought the set had it too.

Pokemon Clan Site/Strategy Guide/Other Thingies
Shuckle is love, Shuckle is life.
Old July 5th, 2013 (06:14 AM).
DarkRaichu80

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Yahoo to DarkRaichu80
I started collecting when the Team Rocket expansion came out. I believe my first holo was Dark Charizard.
Old July 16th, 2013 (02:05 PM).
drr26

Nature: Relaxed
Machamp base set here! I had a few non holos to start with and bought the starter set. It should still be at my Dad's lol.

Machamp was swapped for another holo but after I started collecting again a few years ago I bought it from eBay
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links