The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Clemstar

Master Xehanort - This guy is a genius. While he's failed to achieve his goals at least 4 or 5 times, he always has a backup plan and comes back stronger every time.
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Nature: Jolly
Phhh, just take a look at my signature.

Vaas Montenegro.

He is not just my favorite villain, but my favorite character in any game. He excels in all departments when it comes to being a villain. He's insane.
Old July 16th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Sailor Moon ™
Champion of Justice

Kuja: An, extremely underrated FF villain. Kuja, destroyed a whole World along with tormenting Gaia.

Handsome Jack: In general, the Borderland's series is full of humor. But, Handsome Jack is the glue that holds all of it together.
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Supernova
スマイル ♡

Nature: Gentle
From Final Fantasy VII: Sephiroth! Don't know why exactly. Maybe it's his hair or that bad-ass Masamune.

From Legend of Zelda: Ganondorf, of course! He's always been the best. Then there is Demon Lord Ghirahim, who I just found cool and funny. c:
Old July 16th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Noka
Leader of the NSS!

Nature: Jolly
I'd have to say Mithos from Tales of Symphonia. I love that they actually had him infiltrate the party and observe them for further insight, and then for him to even find a friendship with one of the characters, causing even more conflict when one eventually faces him down. Not to mention his presence is virtually everywhere once he first shows up in the game, there's always the feeling that he's lurking and watching.

I'd also have to say Miraak for a second. While not with quite as much of an impact as Mithos, he also makes his presence known very well, especially when he just shows up and steals the soul of a dragon you just killed. The final showdown with him was very satisfying as well.

(Made by Joobell)
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:45 PM
New Eden
Master Spork

Nature: Modest
Fawful. He goofs up as a subordinate to Cackletta and then proceeds to attempt to take over not long after. His dialogue is hilarious and he's an overall likable antagonist in Bowser's Inside Story.
Old July 17th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Captain Fabio
The Shadow Pokémon

Nature: Lax
> Looks at the thread
> Looks at my theme
> Looks back at the thread

Well then, I have no idea who it could be...
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:15 AM
PixelWarrior
Conqueror of Castles

Tough decision, but I think I would have to say my favorite is Vaati from the LoZ series. I don't know what it was about him, but I just really liked him. His character design, the way he interacted, it all appealed to me. The depressing part is he had no role in the plot of any of the other games other than Minish Cap, which basically made him one of the most unimportant main villians of the games haha. I still love him though!
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Dorongo, I swear, you come up with the best gaming threads.

Anyway, on to my response. As of now, my favorite villain is Raul Menendez from Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. He is just so intelligent. Half the events you go through in the game were set up ages ago by this guy. He's one step ahead of you every moment and just when you think you have him cornered. He jumps-jumps-double-jumps and is in your back row.

On top of that, he holds a grudge for more than 30 years and hurts your characters heart and mental state multiple times. Truly a master of manipulation.

So, to recap. Raul Menendez.
Old July 17th, 2013, 12:53 PM
DataFile

Okay, Mass effect spoilers
Spoiler:
Catalyst from Mass Effect 3, yes really! He is one of my favorites because he is intelligent. He can understand possibilities that Crucible has. He is ready to make compromises when his plan seems to break, and even gives choice to be destroyed or taken over by hero, because they would replace his now unworkable solution.
Old July 17th, 2013, 05:30 PM
physi1

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings Don't Cry View Post
Vanye Carudas Solidor from FFXII, that one game everyone hates.
I don't know why that is, personally thought it was brilliant.

Giovanni (Pokemon) - purely because he knows when to give up (a sadly lacking trait)

The Illusive Man (Mass Effect) - Because one never really knows what he wants and he plays the part of the ally as well as the enemy.

Spector (Ape Escape) - Despite being rather intelligent, still uses an army of monkeys.
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Mr. L from Super Paper Mario. It was so obvious what his secret identity was, and seeing Luigi (I'm pretty sure I don't need spoiler tags for this) act as a bad guy was pretty funny.
Old July 19th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Tsurera
Sculptor

Nature: Brave
Like some others have said, Kefka is one of my faves. He's so delightfully evil. In the same vain as Joker from Batman. He's so cruel and chaotic.
Old July 20th, 2013, 02:16 AM
R.F.
Badass Overlord

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digimon Kaiser View Post
These, plus Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII. I know, he
Spoiler:
killed Aerith, which pissed me off a bit.
Wasn't that supposed to be Jenova who looked like Sephiroth? At least that's what I've heard. Sephiroth doesn't appear until very late in the game.

Kefka from FF6: he plays the role of a villain very well, even though he makes himself rare at the last third of the game...
Golbez from FF4: he doesn't give the heroes much time to breath, since he seems to be right behind them all the time

Old July 20th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
The King of Evil himself Ganondorf from The legend of Zelda.
He could easily take over Hyrule and have the power to do so thanks to the triforce of power.
Old July 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Arcturus.
Does this unit have a soul?

Nature: Quiet
I actually like the Gravemind from Halo a lot, just always thought it had a pretty cool way of doing things.
Old July 20th, 2013, 03:39 PM
KriegStein
Nuclear Reactor

Nature: Lonely
Favourite villain huh... Tough choice... Im terrible at choosing. id say Bob Page from the original Deus Ex... (oh spoilers maybe): He practicaly made everything in the game happen...including you. Also he has wealth, technology attitude and a slick suit. Oh and awesome music at his final base. :D

Also I like Kefka and other mad clowns equaly as much. You know...because clowns.

Also Eggman or Robotnik has in my opinion some very diabolical plans. Sad that he usualy makes some poor decisions with them.

Oh and one villain I kinda like that many might not know. the main villain from Witcher. Jaque something I guess was his name. He is just...Interesting villain.

Oh and every major villain in Phoenix Wright series.
And of course Yomiel from Phantom Detective. (Seriously awesome game/villain)

Old July 20th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Epickid
Banned

Nature: Brave
Definitely Klunk, Dr. Nefarious, and Seth from Street Fighter.
Old July 21st, 2013, 05:37 AM
sρεcтяα
Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to sρεcтяα
One of my favourite villains is The Apostle of Creation, from the sadly unappreciated Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Whilst this game had its ups and downs in terms of character development, I felt that his was particularly well-handled, and whilst its questionable as to whether or not he was really a villain or just a victim of tragic circumstances, considering the game was filled with world-shattering (often quite literally) moments of tragedy, I think that gives his appearance as a villain that much weight.
Old July 21st, 2013, 08:25 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Gotta go with Luther Lansfeld from Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time. He programs an entire huge MMO universe and then goes crazy as he tries to understand how his creations have become self-aware. Even though he doesn't show up until very late in the story, I like the way he was handled as being the final boss. Technically he's the God of the Star Ocean universe, so having him as the final boss put a very nice ending to the series timeline.

Also Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2 because all of his dialogue is great and I keep playing for the sole purpose of listening to him.
Old August 18th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Peitharchia
// and finite incantatem

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Peitharchia
Laser Man from Mega Man Battle Network 4 is one of my favorite villains. He has a super armor, so he never flinches when attacked by weapons like Vulcan and Air Hockey. His primary attack is Cross Laser, which strikes whatever panel that you're standing on. It rarely misses. In order to beat him, you have to use plenty of recovery chips and stay alive for as long as possible. Demise from Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is my favorite villain, too. He has the perfect looks for a villain, he's the source of all monsters, and he was very hard to beat. GLaDOS from Portal, Bowser from Super Mario, Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear, and Wesker from Resident Evil are also my favorites.

Last edited by Peitharchia; August 18th, 2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old August 18th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Apple Juice
who are you

Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
Villains have always been my favorite characters from video games. Whether they be extremely cryptic and sly, or downright malicious, or even shy yet cruel, their personalities and designs never fail to intrigue me. One that I've always held close to my heart is Skull Kid from Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. His character is impeccable; the story of a troubled child and an enchanted horrifying mask that is seeking to take everything over. A positively wondrous evil plot, if you ask me. Fawful from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is also one of my favorites. As well as those two, I'm a big fan of the more classic villains such as Bowser, and even Ghetsis from Pokemon! Villains add a flavor to games that nothing else does, and without them playing through one would be stale and boring.

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links