Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Announcements
Notices

Community Announcements Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 14th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
I'm not too keen on that because like Skype requires a money subscription to video chat lol

If you can find a way to get say, 8-15 people on board, then by all means do it!
who said anything about video chatting? DX gosh if people saw me as well I wouldn't be able to sing anymore xD

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Counterfeit

Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via Skype™ to Counterfeit
For all you hosts, I'm around to make lovely thread CSS/Graphics again if wanted. :]

Last years: 1, 2, 3

These all used the same recycled CSS unfortunately as I was a little pushed for time last year! This year however I'm promising you all unique designs, if you do want any that is.

(If we're using a universal-ish design across the board though, like we were meant to last time ^^', ignore everything I just said!)

As well, I'm available as backup host if necessary. (Super flexible in regards to time, as ever)
eram quod es, eris quod sum
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

PokeOlympics!

But thats massive itself.

(I legit, copied and pasted a post I did from like years ago. Yes I went that far)

Warning if your that lazy to read a long description, just don't.

Spoiler:
There will be 5 teams, as in 5 regions (well 6 now) (5 Olympic rings, if you know what I mean, just add another one somewhere) if dont know the 6 Pokemon Regions then wooow ' Each team will either have a amount of people (I haven't decided on numbers yet)

Each event will have "category mini game" (Solo, double, triple, team)
(Solo) The winning individual with the fastest time/points wins.
(Doubles, Triples, Teams) The team with the best combine total time/and or points wins.

Event #1 -The Decathlon

Goal - On a organized course(which I may do soon) Run, bike and swim/surf through out a chosen region and course as fast as you can.
Rules - Each athlete is given 5 repels and 1 max repel. A bump into a object is a 5 second add to your total time, and a Pokemon encounter is a 10 second adding.
(Solo & 5 athlete team competition)

Event # 2 - Defeating Whitney and Milktank

Goal - Defeat Whitney and her team as fast as possible
Rules - No OP teams (I'll have to add more rules)
(Solo & 3 athlete team competition)

Event # 3 & 3.5 - Pokemon Speed Hatchery
Goal - Breed and hatch as much Magikarp in an hour
Rules - Your able to use Ditto to breed, and Fire type Pokemon to hatch the eggs.

Goal - Breed as much selected Pokemon in 2 hours. Individual athletes and team with the most points win
Selected Pokemon and Points System

Spoiler:
Magikarp - 1 Point
Pichu/Igglypuff/Cleffa - 2 points
Kecleon/Mareep - 3 points
Chikorita/Charmander/Mudkip - 4 points
Spiritomb/Dratini/Eevee/Aerodactyl/Snorlax- 5 points

Rules - Your able to use Ditto to breed and Fire type Pokemon to hatch
(Solo & 5 athlete team competition)

Event # 4 - Pokemon Battle!

Goal -
Become victorious in the tournament
Rules - No cheating
(Solo, Double and if possible triples)

NOTE: Even though its going to be a event outside of the Olympics but in the Get Together. This event has a Gold Medal on the line! <--- that's the difference.

Event #5 - 17 Types

Goal - Catch 1 pure type Pokemon of each 17 types of Pokemon as quick as possible. Quickest time wins.
Rules - No hacking to get them, and you can only use Pokeballs and you're unable to attack the Pokemon your going to catch.

Event #6 - World Champ!

Goal - Defeat Pokemon Champion at the highest difficulty (if possible) as quick as possible. Quickest time wins.
Rules - No cheating, duuuhhh. Each time you fail to defeat the Champion, 3 minutes will be added to your total time.
(Solo, doubles, and triples)

Event #7- Elite 4

Goal - Defeat the Elite 4 as quick as possible
Rules - No cheating, AND your unable to use potions, revivse, full restore or anything to help your Pokemon out before, during and after the battles. Your unable to save before any fights except the first Elite. Each defeat adds 2 minute to your total time.
(Solo, doubles, and triples)

Event #8 - Wheelies!

Goal - On a bike, keep a wheelie as long as possible without any distractions, while in movement. Longest time wins.
Rules - You cant stand still, you MUST be in motion. (Yo' thumbs gonna die!)
(Solo)

Event #9 - Swimming/Surfing

Goal - On a planned out coarse, execute the coarse as quick as possible. Fastest time win
Rules - Each swimmer gets 3 -5 repels, each bump into anything is 5 seconds and Pokemon encounter is a 10 second add to total time
(Solo and 4 athlete team)

Event #10 - Running

Goal - On a planned out coarse, execute the coarse as quick as possible. Fastest time win
Rules - Each runner gets 3 -5 repels, each bump into anything 5 seconds and Pokemon encounter is a 10 second add to total time

Event # 11 - Biking

Rules - Each cyclist gets 3 -5 repels, each bump is 5 seconds and Pokemon encounter is a 10 seconds add to total time

Event #12-14 - Pokemon Training

Goal - Raise a single Pokemon to level 25(Event #12) 50(Event #13) or 75(Event #14) quickest time wins
Rules - No cheating, rare candy, exp share, or boosting.
(Solo and 3 athlete team)

Event #15 - Gym Leader Runs

Goal - Defeat all eight gyms in a selected region. Quickest time wins.
Rules - No OP teams, and no cheating.
(Solo, doubles and 6 athlete team)

Event #16 - The Medal Total Count

Goal - The Region with the most Gold Medals win.
Rules this implies with all events - You MUST be honest on the result you get in your events

Yeaaa thats all I can make up right now. And most likely need some planning out and sign up a weeks or days before the actual get-together starts. It can be fun. Hectic for organizers but a new experience, right? And plus competitors have a chance on winning a gold medal(emblem)! Bragging rights for your Poke Region. And oh yea and set a World and Olympic Record!

So what you guys think?

Though I highly doubt this can even happen.
Old June 14th, 2013, 05:34 PM
UnderMybrella
Some Game Developer

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by droomph View Post
I like the idea, but a couple things about the Java one.

First, Java/Ruby isn't easy to pick up in a hurry (it took me about a year to even get the concept of C, personally) like scripting and I don't think many others without any experience can either.

Second of all, I think RMXP and programs like that costs money, and I sure don't have any expenses to spare XD

So even though I would be willing to try it at least, I'm not too sure the less RH-oriented guys would be as willing.
Hmmm,
1. True. That is true... Then again, a similar thing can be said about graphics XD... Or maybe that's just me.... However, there are good tutorials out there that allow you to get a basic grasp of them, enough to create something simplistic yet awesome. Plus, you've got websites such as stackoverflow.com and stuff that'd allow beginners (and others) to find out why something isn't working.
2. RMXP has a 30 day trial, which'd allow judges that don't have it to use it over the get-together. As for pure ruby and java, you could use notepad if need be to build it, and running it is simplistic enough. IDE's are different, but Eclipse(for Java) is free, awesome, points out errors, and runs the code as well.
The Monoball Challenge - Have you got what it takes to catch 'em all, but with only one type of Pokéball? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=7889482
Old June 14th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by KagamiChan View Post
How about a Karaoke session via skype? o.o
That would be a ton of fun xD
Hey, that's not so bad of an idea! Thing is, if I recall correctly from past Skype sessions, not many people were keen on voice chatting either. Still, that doesn't mean we can't try. 8D
Old June 14th, 2013, 08:44 PM
YamiNoBlade Twihiki Amias
~Be by my side for Eternity ~

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
Hey, that's not so bad of an idea! Thing is, if I recall correctly from past Skype sessions, not many people were keen on voice chatting either. Still, that doesn't mean we can't try. 8D
The thing with voice chatting is that you'd need at least a few people to voluntarily talk, but in this case where there is going to be a mass group, it'd take at least max 6-8 people to muster up the courage to voice chat and keep it going.

But we'll come up with something once the planning gets going. :>
"The one who seeks the right path!"

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime
| Showdown! | PC Family | Pairs

Currently on Hiatus until further notice.
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
I'm sure people would feel at ease once I got online :)
Old June 15th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
I mean to say that, Twi, that not many people might be comfortable with voice chatting. =P

But of course, all we have to wait for is PC's own Harlequin to take the stage, er, mic!
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:37 PM

Lololol. That's why I said that it'd take at least max 6-8 people to muster up the courage to talk. Because if those people would talk, then everyone else would get into it and start talking as well, of course as hosts we'll have to partake in the voice chatting as well, to promote it among the group, aka that's where Harley comes in and Grace us with his Blunt and to the point wits and charm~

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime

Old June 16th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
I'd like to see a Design-a-Pokémon contest (or create a Pokémon, whatever doo-hickey you please to call it) again this year. The past few design a Pokémon contests were fairly successful and fun. I'd be up for hosting that again too if no one wants to since I have a lot of ideas for it after last year's. Still, just a suggestion :p
Old June 16th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twihiki_Amias View Post
The thing with voice chatting is that you'd need at least a few people to voluntarily talk, but in this case where there is going to be a mass group, it'd take at least max 6-8 people to muster up the courage to voice chat and keep it going.

But we'll come up with something once the planning gets going. :>
I don't see why people wouldn't be comfortable talking if they have a mic .-.

So when does the planning phase start?
This signature has been disabled.
Donger is too large.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Krazzikk; June 16th, 2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old June 16th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
Agreeing with the above regarding skype and people who are shy to talk in voice. Surely you need about 4-6 people to start a convo. But optionally, 1-2 of them have to be the hosts. xD

But then like, voice chatting is optional on skype. there's always IM for those who want to join the event but don't have a mic.
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old June 16th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Is it just me, or does it look like not a whole lot of people are intrested in this years GT?

Usually we'd have 2-3 times the events by now and a lot more pages in this topic.
Follower of Carlinism since 2008.

Come play Runescape
Old June 16th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
A good chunk of events have been suggested but the OP hasn't been updated yet.

Although I must agree, usually we're supposed to have 100 events suggested by now and we're supposed to be in the planning stages. NOT THAT I'M RUSHING OR ANYTHING. Like... it's understandable.

Has anyone suggested singing contest yet? I think I might be up for it as a participant. :D
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old June 16th, 2013, 05:58 PM
awolfsquared
Prattoween
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Yeah last year there was tons of pages by now full of events suggestions by now. Though last year was because it's was PCX so we had many people come back for the 10th anniversary. I'm hoping we get more suggestions as the GT gets closer.

Singing content sounds fun.

Andy and April's Halloween party: "Someone will die" "...of fun!" "And of murder..."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Old June 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
MaGiiCz
Pokemon Lover

I think i can Host a Art Drawing Contest =P Various Members participate by making an Original Drawing and then i rate them =P
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:05 PM

Based on what time of the year it is right now, most people are busy with school/college/uni ---exams and finals...and some are on vacation. But as Megan said, it's understandable, so we should be getting more people on board once they've finished with schooling and studying and the what not. Although even though I don't mind waiting around, I would like to get the planning started, 2 and a half weeks are going to go by fast and we need all the time we can get to plan and organize our events, but like I said, I don't mind the waiting around.

Gym Leader Cheren
Partner N'Crime

Old June 17th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

I at least agree on getting planning started as soon as possible, especially for events that have already been settled with its hosts, that way the events aren't rushed.

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Old June 18th, 2013, 12:38 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Planning will commence shortly guys; be patient. 8)
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old June 18th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Pepster98
Eon Trainer

I would also like to help out with the retro gaming event. me, jnathan, and delta.

Owner: JNathan
Co-Leader: Me
Old June 18th, 2013, 07:23 PM
The Dark Avenger
PumpkaBOO!

Nature: Adamant
I'd really like to see some Pokemon X and Y related events. I think PC could use X and Y to promote this year's get together as a pervasive theme.

For example, the design a Pokemon event could challenge participants to design a fairy type Pokemon, a ride-able Pokemon, or some other pertinent theme. Likewise, in the creation of a story-line event, there could be a prompt to write the story-line for the X and Y game or something more nuanced to X and Y. Even if the event has nothing to do with Pokemon, we can still tie in events like the Skype Event by promoting the connectivity of X and Y as explained at the E3 Round Table.

Activity on the site has spiked recently because of the X and Y discussions, why not try to use that as the connective thread? Just a thought.
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
For example, the design a Pokemon event could challenge participants to design a fairy type Pokemon, a ride-able Pokemon, or some other pertinent theme.
This is actually one of the ideas that I'm planning to implement if ever I get to be the host of the design a Pokémon contest (and if they approve of the design a Pokémon contest).
Old June 19th, 2013, 04:04 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I'd love to see a Yugioh tournament (either Duelling Network or YGOPro) being held for the GT, if that appeals to people? I was thinking either Match or Tag games, or possibly both depending on demand. I'd be more than happy to host it if people are interested enough to take part, but the big YGO fan base on here bodes well I think :)

(There may also be a potential ban on the T1 decks at the moment like ED/Prophecy which completely unbalance the game for other decks, but we'll base that on opinion)
Sorry but was there ever a yes or no to this? (And the majority of the other ideas in this thread?) We'd like to know whether or not we should start planning it since it's getting pretty close to the date. We've already started a tad but we'd hate for it to all be in vain, as I'm sure other people have been thinking too :p
Old June 19th, 2013, 04:56 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Sorry but was there ever a yes or no to this? (And the majority of the other ideas in this thread?) We'd like to know whether or not we should start planning it since it's getting pretty close to the date. We've already started a tad but we'd hate for it to all be in vain, as I'm sure other people have been thinking too :p
Hopefully (most likely) I'll be getting confirmation from TwilightBlade to post all the approved events. Trust me, we're literally on the brink of the beginning stages of actual planning, so don't worry!
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old June 19th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I'd like to host Design a 6th a Gen Pokemon please!

Or co-host anything else. I've never been chosen to help with one of these things
3DS Friend Code: 1204-0601-9485
Pokémon X
Post on my wall if you add me so I can add you!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here