The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:39 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I don't evolve my shiny Pokemon. Well, I did evolve a Chikorita, but that was just stupid.

If, for some reason, I'm training a Munchlax, I don't let it evolve. I just don't like Snorlax as much. I:
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:41 AM
molivious
so much fail...

Nature: Modest
Vibrava because cute
Pidgey for exactly the same reason.

Squish, squish, squish. Goes the bug under your foot.
Squish, squish, squish. I'm telling you not to look.
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Aslan
the pretender

I've never evolved any of my Pikachus like most people have said. Mainly because I'm too lazy to find a THunderstone or flip through my bag to find one, but also since I prefer Pikachu's adorable design over Raichu's. Raichu is a nice electric-type but the Light Ball gives Pikachu an advantage, cuteness and power-wise.

Oh and I never evolve my Wingulls usually. They're just so adorable and I can't let them evolve for some strange reason. Also because I'm really fond of Mr Briney and him screaming "WROOOOAR PEEKO", might of contributed. I sometimes let Wingulls evolve but usually I don't unless I absolutely have to. :<
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:37 PM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
Lol I evolve all of my Pokemon. They look cute when they're young, but they're normalyl better when evolved. :p
Old June 19th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Pikayosh
Epic Pikachu

Nature: Gentle
I don't evolve my pikachu not because of laziness because pikachu's my favorite pokemon.

PM me if you want to Join the team!
Old June 19th, 2013, 10:39 PM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
Definitely Vigoroth, i hate that slacking off every other turn thing.
Old June 20th, 2013, 01:08 PM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
I've only done this once. On my first Generation V game. When I caught Joltik, I pressed B every time she attempted to evolve in Gavantula. I made a promise when I started that save. "I will not evolve my Joltik." Obviously I discovered the repercussions of not letting her evolve, especially during the Elite Four encounters . Anyway, now I have her in Black 2, still there looking cute as a button. While I was training her to level 100 in Black 2, there were several times I almost threw in the towel and let her evolve. But at the last moment, I had a change of heart and hit B again. Forever my Joltik. :'3
Old June 20th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Ckbruin

Nature: Quirky
The only Pokemon I've refused to evolve was Quilava. It still looks relatively adorable, and has a higher battle capacity than Cyndaquil does. Typhlosion is strong, sure, but it looks terrifyingly ferocious. Other than that, I evolve basically every Pokemon I capture. With the exception of Pikachu...maybe...
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:50 AM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
I normally evolve everything, I can't remember stopping the evolution process in recent memory.
Old June 21st, 2013, 05:47 AM
Yukari Yakumo
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Yukari Yakumo
I don't evolve Pokemon that need certain stones, as they tend to stop learning moves once you use the stone on them (good example of this is Growlithe, which gets good moves like Extremespeed and Flamethrower pretty late on, as when you evolve it into Arcanine immediately, it will halt the process of learning new moves).
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:44 AM
Travel_Travitron_
+ Self-Expressive Trainer
Community Supporter Tier 2

Nature: Relaxed
Long ago, I would play Red or Yellow. The Pokemon evolve from trading was impossible for me since nothing was online, and no cable. I would have my Geodude or even Graveler on my team and not have Golem. Haha
Also, found a Lv. 76 Pikachu in my PC storage in my Blue version recently. lol
Otherwise, I do evolve my Pokemon. If Pokemon were to be real I think twice more than playing the actual game and not evolve my pet...
Old June 21st, 2013, 12:19 PM
Sheraku

There are many Pokemon I don't evolve into their final stage, mainly due to design. For Starters, most of the Starters. The entire First Gen I like the second forms best, 2nd Gen: I keep Chikorita and Quilava, 3rd Gen: Grovile and Marshtomp. I don't really care for any of the 4th Gen. Then in the 5th Gen I like Dewott Best.
Mainly though, Sneasel, which is my favorite Pokemon in general, and absolutely refuse Wevile.
Old June 21st, 2013, 02:37 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Sometimes I don't for things like challenges. Actually it's normally for things like challenges. Otherwise I think other than my Marshtomp (who I did evolve into a Swampert before I restarted Ruby but whatever) all the Pokemon on my main teams are fully evolved. However, if I felt like it there are plenty of Pokemon that I would not evolve such as Quilava, Aipom, Pikachu, Litwick, etc etc because I like their design more than their final evolution's.
Old June 21st, 2013, 02:43 PM
Arron13
Calm, Relaxed, but Competative

I usually evolve all my pokemon but two I refuse to is Rhydon and Electabuzz. Those two are just awesome pokemon with cool designs, and their evolutions . . . . ya I just can't stand them.
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Most of the time I don't evolve my Pidgey, just because I really want it to stay as it is. Naturally this means it won't work well as part of my main team as I get further in the games, but whatever man, can't let go of my Pidgey >:O
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Hikamaru
Ωmega and αlpha
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
If I have a spare Pikachu, I never want to evolve it because I wanted to be like Ash at one point. And usually if it's a male, I do evolve a female into Raichu though.
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Whyvile
Toot your horns

Nature: Lax
There is only one Pokemon that I never evolve.

That Pokemon is the only one that actually gets weaker upon evolution.

The Pokemon, in question, is Magikarp.

Ok, in all seriousness, I have to go with Vigoroth. At least in maingame, where I find no use for Skill Swap. Metagame, I can see it happening.
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Poke_Tray
Basic Trainer

I never evolve my Mudkips or Quilava I don't know why.
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Kyrul
Long Live The Note
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I never evolve Totodile or Pikachu. Actually, there's alot of pokemon I don't evolve, primarily because I don't like the evolved forms design. Never gave a crap about stats.
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:02 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I got a Pikachu that I don't evolve. Because I use it on wi-fi battles to prove that Pikachu is an awesome Pokemon despite what Pikachu haters say
Old July 7th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Arlo

There aren't any that I never evolve, but there are a few of which I catch more than one, so that I can evolve one and keep the other unevolved - Dragonair/Dragonite, Vigoroth/Slaking, Scyther/Scizor...
Old July 7th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Boilurn
Scald Pokémon

Nature: Mild
Chansey, Magneton and Vigoroth. They can all tank hits better with an Eviolite, but also, Chansey looks cuter, Magneton is faster and Vigoroth has a better ability than their pre-evolutions.
Old July 9th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I usually evolve every Pokemon, only exception was a Vigoroth i had in Sapphire (because of his ability) and if a Pokemon can learn a certain attack his Evolution can't or needs a TM to, like Growlithe and Flamethrower. Oh yeah, and i delay stone evolutions as much as possible

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:00 AM
PuzzledPsyduck

I tend to avoid evolving Haunter, Graveller, Kadabra, Pidgeotto, Tranquill or Ducklett. I prefer their designs to those of their evolutions and I don't engage in competitive battling, so it doesn't really hurt my play.

I sometimes just give up and let them evolve when I get sick of hitting "B", though.
Old July 13th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

I have never had a reason to hold a pokémon back from evolution. If I want to use unevolved pokémon I'll stick with mystery dungeon.

| TuMbLr [X] | ReViEwBlOg [X] |
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links