The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For non-Pokémon related game discussion. This area is for talking about computer and video gaming, from Nintendo to Sony, Microsoft to Sega, PC to Commodore.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 9th, 2013, 11:45 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
Released at Midnight June 8/9. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is the newest title in the Animal Crossing series and a Nintendo 3DS exclusive.

I just picked up my copy at midnight (only to remember there is very little to do late night in Animal Crossing) The Graphics are darn pretty, and I'm in love with some of the new features (the fortune cookie and the Re-tail shop specificity)

My towns name is Kaze

My fruit is Peaches, I've acquired Cherries

I have 5 current towns folk with 1 new character already moving in.

Buck the Horse
Anchovy the Bird
Annalissa the Anteater
Tangy the Cat
Pancetti the Pig

Spoiler:
I've already paid the down payment on my house and will be getting it tomorrow! Red Roof! I've also gained the shovel and the Net, and I'm just waiting for the fishing rod. (I've always loved the Aquarium)

Feel free to post any pictures you take, designs you make, and if you want to meet up with anyone on the forum for a romp let us know! I would love to see all your lovely towns
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:08 PM
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Just picked up my copy today. I'm in pretty much the same position as you, in regards to the spoiler tag. So excited for tomorrow! ^-^

Let's see... my town is called Paradise. My native fruit is apples, but I should be getting cherries somewhat soon. The villagers I have now are:

Alfonso (alligator)
Gigi (frog)
Curt (bear)
Victoria (horse)
Hamlet (hamster)

Also, I'm jealous that you got Tangy.

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:16 AM
jamesmikehj

i had mine since midnight on release i time jump so i can get to island have 5-6 of the fruits and alway have a fish rod it shop i buyed off whole frist floor and am working on second i keep 4 shark of the game as my pets and i happy to help you guys

Old June 11th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Mochi
Formerly AzaleaLightning

Nature: Sassy
I have it! I'm playing it right now!

I've never been a big Animal Crossing fan but I love this game so much. I just paid off the 38,900 loan and I've still got about 50,000 leftover. Going to unlock the island tonight so I can visit it tomorrow!
Old June 11th, 2013, 11:22 AM
jamesmikehj

you welcome on my island lighting

Old June 11th, 2013, 07:22 PM
simplysam
Unhatched Egg

I just bought my copy today! Well, just like, two hours ago. Not much to do at night, really. xD This is my first Animal Crossing game, so this is all brand new to me. O: It's cool to see that each game is a bit different, like how people start out with different fruits and characters. And the characters are so cute! I'm loving this game so far, even if there's not much to do right now. It just makes me more excited to explore some more things tomorrow!
Old June 11th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Gyardosamped
entering snake habitat
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
Send a message via Skype™ to Gyardosamped
I received the game this afternoon and have been playing it ever since. My fruit is pears, but I should have peaches soon. :p

This is my first Animal Crossing game, so I'm quite new to how everything works but I'm learning it all pretty quickly. All of the characters are super adorable, and it's just a really relaxing game to play.

As for what you wrote in your spoiler, I just got done doing that, and for now I'm just trying to build up the amount of Bells I have by fishing and collecting seashells. I just received a net as well, so we'll see how bug-catching goes. I've also been donating a lot of stuff to the museum too.

I can't wait to explore more of what the game has to offer!

Last edited by Gyardosamped; June 11th, 2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 13th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Nature: Quiet
It's out here in the UK tomorrow so I'll be picking up my copy :) Very excited! I'm a complete newbie, never played it before but thought with the new 3DS game I'd jump right in. Look forward to learning lots.

Old June 13th, 2013, 02:38 PM
TheBigMan0706
UMAD?

Nature: Lax
I might get it soon, although i haven't played the other games

who knew?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.
Old June 13th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Tetrakeet
Lilligant's Caretaker

Nature: Careful
I've been debating on whether to get this or not and I'm still trying to see the draw to it. I have played the Gamecube, DS, and Wii versions, but I honestly could not get into the games. There must be something wrong with me, everyone says the game is great fun and very addicting! >_< Is the 3DS version a big step up from the old ones? Maybe it could be more fun if I played with people on here instead of alone? ^ ^;

Old June 14th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I've previously played the original GameCube one and, while I liked it well enough, I didn't really delve deep enough into it to truly experience the joys that everyone else did from it. Partially because I liked to binge my way through games back then and, if anything, Animal Crossing is NOT a binge-game. But I'm really considering getting New Leaf. Partially because I have less time to play it so would need to do so a little bit every day, but mainly because it's received such good write-ups from everyone involved that I'd like to see what all the fuss is about. If I do get it, I'll be sure to share my town with the peeps here! :D
Old June 14th, 2013, 10:23 AM
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!

Nature: Naughty
I really want it. ;_; Pokemon X or Y or this will probably be the only 3DS games I'll play. And finally, a villager with my name! Well it's Japanese but whatever, and the character looks really cute. In case you were wondering, my name is Natalie.
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Autaven
Gamer Girl

Got my copy yesterday! I only managed to play for about 20 minutes as I had to sleep for work today but I'm very excited to go home and get into it. I dont really have a clue what I'm doing just now but once I do if anyone wants to exchange FCs that'd be great :)

Old June 15th, 2013, 11:37 AM
The Doctor
I've got new kidneys!
Community Supporter

Location: The planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous
Nature: Adamant
Downloaded it straight at midnight on release yesterday. My towns fruit is Apples with some Oranges growing.

I'm refusing to time jump at all in this game, I want to do it properly.
The only time I time jumped was when I got it since I didn't want to wait till morning till everything was morning, then I changed it back when I went to sleep.

I'd love to visit other people's towns if anybody wants to share friend codes.

IGN: Adam
Old June 15th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

I've created my very own Pawnee with Wendy and Baabara and Sheldon and Lucy and Butch and Zell is moving in and I'm already so excited and haven't even been to the island as of yet and aaaaaaaah. Even things like watering the plants is surprisingly addictive. Already planning on what to do with my first extension! :D
Old June 15th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
So far, I think the majority of the Bells I got came mostly from selling insects. Well, granted, I've only just started today, so, I didn't caught a lot of rare insects (or much at all for that matter) but here they are:

Darner dragonfly x3 - worth 200 Bells each
Mantis - worth 430 Bells
Raja B. butterfly - worth 2,500 Bells
Agrias butterfly x2 - worth 3,000 Bells
Tiger butterfly x2 - worth 160 Bells

They helped me pay my down payment. ^^ The rest went to the museum.

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old June 15th, 2013, 05:43 PM
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!

New fish are in the game? Then that means...MORE RAGING ON SEA BASSES! You can catch oarfish now? Those things are HUGE!

Last edited by TreeKangaroo; June 15th, 2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

I picked the game up on Thursday. I've never been a big Animal Crossing fan...I get bored of the games fast and find them really mundane and repetitive. I'm actually enjoying what I've played so far though. I won the Bug-Off today by a wide margin and I'm looking forward to getting more into the mayoral stuff since I just reached 100% approval rating today and hopefully get my development permit tomorrow. I should have my house expansion soon too since my loan is close to being paid off.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of arago
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

I hadn't played any of the other games in the Animal Crossing series before, but I had an EB Games gift card, so figured I might as well give it a chance after hearing how popular it was.

I'm still sort of figuring things out, but I've been having fun with it so far. Other than all the introductory stuff, I've mostly been catching bugs and collecting shells to earn some more Bells, and just managed to put the down payment on my house down. Hopefully I can do a little bit more once my house gets built tomorrow, and then hopefully pick up the fishing rod.
Old June 15th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigMan0706 View Post
I might get it soon, although i haven't played the other games
AC is definitely not the kind of game where you need to worry about that. :P

I got screwed a bit today because I was out and about until like 11 at night so I didn't get to do the Bug-Off and didn't get to actually buy anything/go to any stores other than the recycling store. So I haven't been able to buy a watering can yet, and I think that's why my approval rating is hovering around 90% right now. :( Hopefully tomorrow I can bump it up!

My fruit is pears but I also have some mangos and bananas growing as well as one other fruit that I've forgotten what it was - I guess I'll figure it out when they sprout!

'Hoy, small fry!
Old June 15th, 2013, 08:38 PM
antemortem
resign to your demons

Send a message via Skype™ to antemortem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
My fruit is pears but I also have some mangos and bananas growing as well as one other fruit that I've forgotten what it was - I guess I'll figure it out when they sprout!
God, we need to get together right now because my peaches are getting lonely! :P I need a watering can too, because my apple trees that my friend oh-so-generously donated to me have hardly even sprouted let alone been growing, haha. I also tend to pick it up a little later at night when, like, nothing is open, leading to the lack of being able to do anything. At least I can stack my fishing and whatnot since I have a storage cabinet as to sell in bulk the next day.
[4:32:35 AM] Shinx: my nipples are permanently erect
Old June 15th, 2013, 10:32 PM
U.Flame
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
God I love this game! Everything I expected in a new Animal Crossing, everything City Folk lacked, and more! Especially the new clothing options. I just can't look at past Animal Crossing games the same again, not just pants and shoes, but crossdressing too! I just want to rant all day about my blown mind, but meh, who'd listen?

I spent a good ten minutes deciding the town name, what to reference, what fits...Equestria was my second-best (and now that I look back, probably my best) choice, but I decided to go with a Tales reference and named it Aselia, the name of the Tales of Symphonia and Phantasia world. (Just couldn't come up with anything original :p)

I've been playing non-stop and am about to reach the first week since the town's creation, so I'll soon be able to upgrade the shop, wake up Cyrus, and actually do stuff! So far, I've expanded and paid off my home loan on a daily basis and plan to finish without missing a day! The island just makes it so easy to earn bells.

What else...eh, I think I'll conclude my rant here. Just, my God this game is perfect!

Yay my username is accurate now! Also holy crap I just realized Unbeatable was misspelled for the longest time! Fixed. xp

Times I've been ninja'd: 17
Times I've ninja'd people: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drarixio View Post
Unbeatable Flame would make a pokemon trainer run outta breath in the anime:
Unbeatable Flame, Flamethrower.
Unbeatable Flame, Sky Uppercut.
Unbeatable Flame, this.
Unbeatable Flame, that.
Un*pant*beatable---Flame, hooollaaa
Un-un-un-un--bea-bee....*Pokemon trainer fainted*
Old June 16th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
I bought Wild World back in December, because I wanted to try and give the Animal Crossing games a try - I had always thought the games looked kind of boring. And, of course, it kind of was. I decided to try New Leaf, though, because of all the hype. So, I traded in Wild World and got ten dollars off New Leaf and started playing, and I really love it! This game is adorable and I can't get enough of it (even when I can't find much else to do at the moment, haha).

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old June 16th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Oryx
open up your sea chart
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
God, we need to get together right now because my peaches are getting lonely! :P I need a watering can too, because my apple trees that my friend oh-so-generously donated to me have hardly even sprouted let alone been growing, haha. I also tend to pick it up a little later at night when, like, nothing is open, leading to the lack of being able to do anything. At least I can stack my fishing and whatnot since I have a storage cabinet as to sell in bulk the next day.
Trees don't need watering this game! Mine are getting there, but I think I need a few more days for them to be fully grown. @-@

I'm having the same problem with picking it up late at night though. At least there's an ordinance that you can pass once you get all set up that makes people stay up later, the stores stay open later, etc. I'm really impatient for tomorrow in my game because that ordinance will go into effect, my public work of a yellow bench will be built, and my house will be expanded!

How is everyone decorating their houses? Any pictures of them? I always have tons of trouble deciding how to decorate my house in this game. @-@ Gulliver gave me a Statue of Liberty on the first day I played so I want to use that because I feel like that kind of thing is rare, right? But I have no idea how to build a house around it. XD

'Hoy, small fry!
Old June 16th, 2013, 10:23 PM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
I currently have Peaches, Oranges, and Cherries if anyone still needs any more of the fruits (feel free to send me a PM with your Friend Code, mine is public so feel free to just snatch it out of my profile )

Also to anyone looking for the watering can, it can be obtained without shopping for it

I'll give ya'll spoilered instructions below.

Spoiler:
Ok, so to get the watering can, you have to keep talking to the Poodle at the Town Hall (sadly can't remember her name), always asking her whatever the top option is (it goes away after you obtain the watering can), and continue to follow her suggestions until you obtain both rewards (A random fruit that isn't your starter, and the watering can.)

Also there is now a flower shop in my game, I have no idea if that relates to me having the watering can or not so...yeah.)

I totally missed the Bug Off, but at least now I have an ordiance where people stay up later so I don't have to wake up early just to play my game (My work schedule lovingly loves to keep me away from this game. )

What are some of the Public Works Projects you started? I'm building a campsite, while several other of my friends are working on Fountains or more bridges.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here