• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Pokemon - Amie~!

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
A new feature in the games called Pokemon-Amie (amigo?) was introduced in the new promotional video today. It allows you to interact with your Pokemon a bit like NintenDogs. It helps your bond with your Pokemon grow stronger and I'm guessing it will help Eevee evolve to Sylveon.

What do you think about this feature and will yo be using it?

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
lol "amigo" Wrong language :P

"Amie" is "friend" (feminine) in French. They're just going further with the French influence in-game.

I'll definitely be using it. I think it's great; I always found NintenDOGs wasn't fit as a 100% game on its own (more like a mini-game) so I never bought it. Waste of money. If it's semi-integrated into Pokemon, then that'll be fantastic <3

blue

gucci
Years
I assume this is the new bonding system they were talking about. I think it's a nifty little feature, it will help to evolve those Pokemon that require maximum happiness too.

Guy

just a guy
Years
This is more than likely the new bond feature that many people were talking about for a long time now. I like it! The fact that you can interact with your Pokémon in more ways than just having them following you (Yellow, DPPt, and HG/SS) and actually be able to feed them and pet them is a cool touch. It may certainly help when it comes to evolving some Pokémon like Eevee, Riolu and others. I definitely plan on giving it a go. Hopefully it's as good as it sounds and looks.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'll use Pokémon-Amie feature! That sounds like fun that we could interact with Pokémon like this.

Last edited:
Years
It's a pretty good use of the new 3D graphics, something I'd hope they'd do - to be able to actually interact with your own Pokemon is a really nice touch.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I hope bonding actually makes Pokemon stronger, as that's what the whole universe is suppose to be about... Like Pokemon Conquest's bonding system.

Years
It should at least bring some brief enjoyment. Hopefully it does actually add to a pokemon's happiness as that will make a lot of evolutions easier than they currently are.

Certainly a good substitute for Nintendogs if nothing else as well.

Like Livewire said, it's a good use of the new graphics too.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The feature reminds me of the Dream Eaters feature in Kh 3D...considering how much time I spent on that I can already see how much time I'll be spending on this...a lot of time.
I like the follow feature, it seems sort of unique for these kind of mini games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Would be cool if we could have both in a future game.
Also I love the linguistic bonus in the name of it, as amie is French for friend and this region is based on said nation ^_^.

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
This seems good as finally we get to treat pokemon as pets and not just 'I catch you, you follow every command I say and get beaten to a pulp by other pokemon'

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I expect lots and lots of scratches incoming on my 3DS XL's bottom screen's screen protector. Who knows? Maybe I'll use this because I find it adorable.

tnfsf11

Finally a feature that makes Pokemon less like robots, I hope this makes it easier to obtain evolutions that need Happiness ^_^ but I don't want to take my Pokemon to poop every 5 seconds like in Digimon World :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
At last I can pet and feed my Pokémon! It's a dream come true! You can even give them high-fives~ And they react to your real-life facial movements! It's all so great! <333

alexithymia

Time Lady
Years
It looks like an awesome feature, and one that I'm ridiculously excited to try out! :D I've wanted something like this ever since the Pocket Pikachu haha. :) Like several others have said, it will be cool to be able to treat our Pokemon as pets for once.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
This is the feature that has me most excited about X/Y. I'll admit that I'm a huge sucker for virtual pets, and this is just perfect. It's a lot like NintenDogs (which I did buy because PUPPIES!), only this isn't the whole game. I can travel around the main game with my Pokemon, and then at the end of the day just cuddle them and play games with them.

Between this and the Pokemon turning to you in battle as they wait for your command, it's great to finally see the creatures they proclaim as our "best friends" in the game as actual creatures instead of battling robots.

Pikachu was so adorable wanting you to follow its directions~

Back