Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old June 14th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Advertise here
I like this new addition. Even though there is probably going to be a lot of useless limitations put in action, I think it's still a pretty cool idea. Hopefully, it won't have too many limitations because I think that this new addition can be quite enjoyable.
Old June 14th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalhand View Post
finaly i will see how dodrio is able to fly, i always was wondering howthe doduo family are able to fly and the scizor family not
Scizor doesn't fly. It flaps its wings to adjust its body temperature.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

I like Lyra so take my opinions with a grain of salt.
Old June 14th, 2013, 12:31 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post

Scyther is a FLYING-Type. Has WINGS. Can Not Fly.

Scizor is made of METAL. He is to fat to fly. (like the song, "to fat to fly")
Old June 14th, 2013, 01:39 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Heavy, there's a difference between fat and Heavy you know.
Anyways I think it'll make sense to restrict things such as Emoga if they do so as it's a flying squirrel which one wouldn't expect to be flying so high. Ghosts can I guess as they can go very high up as they aren't "limited" by a "body"

Interestingly this gives Origin forme Giratina something that it's other forme can't be part of, that's if Giratina's origin forme can participate.

Also I see Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Latios, and Latias being the rulers of Sky Battles... and Sky Plate Arceus...if Sky Arceus is available to participate.
Stand for Life
Old June 14th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
I think it will be definitate for most of the ghosts with the levitate ability such as Haunter, Banette, Mismagius etc. As for the flying types I think it will be mainly focused around the bird species so Swellow, Pidgeot, Noctowl, Unfeazant, Staraptor, Talonflame etc.
Old June 16th, 2013, 05:25 AM
Altair
Incognito

Nature: Brave
I like the idea of 'Sky battles' I bet it would look amazing in 3D. Has anyone seen the video of Talonflame using Brave Bird on Noctowl in a Sky Battle, it looked epic! I hope there will be more to it though.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mr. Magius
  
Community Supporter Tier 5

I like the idea, and I'm interested in seeing how they will actually work with the feature in the game.
The thing that I'm not too fond of, though, is exactly how it settles in with the rest of the gameplay. So if a trainer doesn't have a Pokémon capable of flying, he can't participate in Sky Battles... obviously seems fair, but how it sits in with uselessness and playability to the game is what I'm curious about.
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:50 AM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus87 View Post
in the anime(and even in the manga if i recall right) i saw scizor fly...
Friend Code: 2981-6462-6027
Old June 17th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

How are surf battles going to work in 3D then? The more realistic the graphics get, the harder it is to suspend our disbelief.
Denny Hamlin. ugh so late
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:06 PM
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Nature: Jolly
So does this battle system mean only Flying/Levitating pokes are allowed?
If not then what happens if I switch to a non Flying poke in-battle? Will it fly? Will the opponent's poke fall to the ground???
Too many questions
Old June 17th, 2013, 06:40 PM
MarinoKadame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
How are surf battles going to work in 3D then? The more realistic the graphics get, the harder it is to suspend our disbelief.
What about underwater battles too ? I think I didn't saw them since gen 3.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old June 17th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Rai
Misao <3

Nature: Impish
Send a message via AIM to Rai
I think it is a pretty interesting idea. And I am not surprised that only flying and levitating pokemon can participate. I mean, it would be unrealistic and unbelievable if a pokemon like Snorlax could join, although that would be awesome x3

I am excited to try Sky Battles. I think it will be a fun and cool :3
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I just hope sky battles will have some kind of special feature, and are not just regular battles but for flying/levitate pokes only

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Hoenn
Elite
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
If we get Ruby & Sapphire/Emerald remakes, I wonder if you would partake in a Sky Battle Winona? It happens in the anime and she IS a flying type leader sooo..
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:09 PM
mediocrity

I think it's a cool idea, however as others have pointed out, it doesn't seem very fleshed out. Still, it will look cool.
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:39 PM
TheYellowPixel

I don't like the idea of having an option to battle. It defeats the purpose. And since its mostly flying pokemon, any duel electric/ice type will destroy the competition
YOUTUBE: www.youtube.com/TheYellowPixel
TWITTER: www.twitter.com/TheYellowPixel
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:44 AM
XmarkXalanX
Shadow Master

Nature: Quiet
Love the idea. Been waiting for more interesting types of battling, such as this, for a while now.
Currently re-working Pokémon Neo Destiny. Thread currently closed at the time.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
bashau
Distinct Phantom

Nature: Docile
i still think this flying battle stuff is dumb
can some tell what everyone see in it
Old June 25th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I think it is a pretty interesting idea. And I am not surprised that only flying and levitating pokemon can participate. I mean, it would be unrealistic and unbelievable if a pokemon like Snorlax could join, although that would be awesome x3

I am excited to try Sky Battles. I think it will be a fun and cool :3
But Pokemon that can fly without being Flying type or having Levitate cannot enter, so no Beedrill, Volcarona, Garchomp...seems pretty lame that Pokemon that can fly are excluded since they don't have Levitate and aren't Flying type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorogami View Post
I just hope sky battles will have some kind of special feature, and are not just regular battles but for flying/levitate pokes only
Its pretty much a gimmicky special battle that's just a normal battle with restrictions. They showed a good amount of it with some battle footage. Nothing out of the ordinary was shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYellowPixel View Post
I don't like the idea of having an option to battle. It defeats the purpose. And since its mostly flying pokemon, any duel electric/ice type will destroy the competition
There aren't many of either dual types outside of legends. I think only Ice/Flying is Delibird and Electric/Flying is Emolga. Neither of those are really that threatening when you mix Levitators in.
Old June 26th, 2013, 04:11 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I think Sky Battles are BLIMMIN' AMAZING additions to the normal set, since they really give a cooler look to battling. The option to battle... meh, I think since setting up the sky battle is hard, I'm sure no one can just jump on you and say - "Hey! Let's battle!"

... but the flying restriction seems unnecessary. It's logical, of course, but in Ruby, underwater didn't stop my Blaziken to Sky Uppercut that Relicanth, did it?
~
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:19 PM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
I kinda like this idea and I am defenitely testing it out as soon as I get the game This should be interesting :3
I don't care about EV's or IV's - I play for fun not competitive.
I don't own consoles - I play on emulators on my computer.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old July 11th, 2013, 12:26 PM
JP
wut?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
What they should have done to flesh it out a bit more was limit it to everything that can learn Fly, has wings or the Levitate ability (or simply looks like they can levitate.) Like that, you could see things such as most Dragons and Ghosts participate. Maybe there's more to it than what's been released so far.
Old July 11th, 2013, 11:43 PM
Jake♫
► My Happy Little Pill 
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
This is one of those situations where when we were speculating I was so hyped up about it, and now that we can actually see it I'm just disappointed. It just looks like a giant gimmick. Plus on top of that, from what we know (as others have stated), not everything Flying typed can participate? I guess if they make it make sense like certain Pokémon like Dodrio or Gyarados who have Flying typing but don't really fly can't participate, but everything that does actually fly can, then I'll be okay with this. If it's just stuff that is Flying typed and capable of flight that they left out for no good reason, then I'm just going to be disappointed further.

On a whole different level, graphically it just doesn't look that impressive either =/ They could have done so much with this, and they just completely dropped the ball on this one. Maybe they'll revamp it before release, but I'm doubting that.
Old July 11th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Nite Ace

My big hope is that they make it a tier itself and perhaps ban entry hazards from it. It would make sense if entry hazards aren't usable in the 1st place cause your above the ground so there's no base for stealth rocks or spikes. As a competitive battler and Flying being my favorite type I'm excited for this new feature. Hope it wont be a train wreck and will provide a healthy fun experience.
Old July 12th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Pokemon_Celestial

It looks awesome, I like how they're trying to implement new things into this game. I only hope they bring the game corner slots back in the Eng version XD
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here