Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 12th, 2013 (03:44 PM).
Romaov
Orra

how do you think they're gonna allow us to transfer our pokemon from BW BW2 or games even further back? I really hope they make like a transfer tool that you can download from the eshop for free that way it just connects to your regular ds games and holds them until you connect your X or Y version. Because not everyone owns two DS's to trade back and forth from.
Old June 12th, 2013 (03:48 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I'm also hoping they do that. Trading from gen 4 to 5 was dubious enough, we don't need another repeat of that (needing two devices I mean).
Old June 12th, 2013 (07:13 PM).
bashau
Distinct Phantom

Nature: Docile
i think they will find a way be it'll be a game store only
Old June 13th, 2013 (08:47 PM).
PheonixDeath1

Idk but i hope mutiple games will be able to trade pokemon
Old June 13th, 2013 (08:55 PM).
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Honestly, I'm of the assumption that X/Y would probably pull what BW/2 did and have some sort of Pokemon Lab where you can transfer your Pokemon over. It's really the only way I can imagine things happen at this point, and I can't think of another way it'll be possible. D:
Old June 14th, 2013 (03:25 AM).
Blue
the one
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
If they make Gen 5 transferable then I'm pretty sure Gen 4 will be too, they're both on the same handheld so I can't see why one would be viable too with the other not. As for a transferring method I'd say they will probably stick with the Pokétransfer Lab which was pretty straight forward and it got the job done, I really want to be able to see all of the Pokemon in 3D graphics eventually!

Team Platinum
Old June 14th, 2013 (07:39 AM).
Mithel_Celestia
Alluring Illusion

Nature: Modest
I just had a revolutionary breakthrough thought that no one might have thought of before. What if they make an app that can be downloaded via eshop or better, part of the game package, and it will be just like the Ruby and Sapphire box system whatever from the old Gamecube where you would be able to deposit any pokemon from the DPPtBWB2W2 DS games, if their on your 3ds, and be able to take them out from the XY games. If they will hint a little Generation 3 in this new generation than they might go for this move. Also, you all know that Generation 5 was a reboot with aspects of Generation 1 implemented. They further went with the format in Generation 6 with an introduction of a new type as Generation 2 had done. Now here is where you might get excited. Generation 2 was the only generation where you are able to send Generation 1 Pokemon from the GSC games back to the RBY games via "time machine" trade. Since the two generations (5 & 6) are equivalent to 1 and 2, there might be chance of the proposed box system idea I mentioned to be able to send back non-Generation 6 pokemon back to the DS series if you ever wanted to.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old June 14th, 2013 (08:06 AM).
Twiggy
Slender snake
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I can always dream about a transferring app that reads a Gen IV/V card's save area, and then moves all the relevant Pokémon data to XY. That would be... ridiculously easy, though.
Old June 14th, 2013 (08:20 AM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by ♪Twiggy♪:
I can always dream about a transferring app that reads a Gen IV/V card's save area, and then moves all the relevant Pokémon data to XY. That would be... ridiculously easy, though.
Same here. Though I feel if they do that they may still add in a mini game. I see the Pokémon appearing in a ranch like setting, and capturing them with a Park/DW ball.
Old June 14th, 2013 (11:46 AM).
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
well i heard that there were problems with ds connecting to 3ds but i dont know how true is that. gen5 transferring was really the worst since it required two systems and not everybody had two. i think an app would be cool and currently its the most viable way imo. as long as we can transfer from older generations though im okay with whatever it may be
Growlithe - Charmeleon - Braixen
Old June 14th, 2013 (12:13 PM).
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

I hope that we still have to use 2 handhelds.
It will be awfull if they made you download an app.

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old June 14th, 2013 (01:42 PM).
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by JayTheKing:
I hope that we still have to use 2 handhelds.
It will be awfull if they made you download an app.
It'll really restrict players who only own one 3DS if we are made to use two of them much like gen 5 did. Sure we can trade them to friends gen 5 games who have two and trade back in XY but it can get tedious to do so.
Old June 14th, 2013 (07:43 PM).
Romaov
Orra

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Same here. Though I feel if they do that they may still add in a mini game. I see the Pokémon appearing in a ranch like setting, and capturing them with a Park/DW ball.
I really hope they don't make another stupid mini-game, I just wanna get my pokemon fast and easy and then go on about my business.
Old June 15th, 2013 (10:19 PM).
franko94
Master Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I think the issue will be with the Hidden Power mechanic. The old Pokemon are not programmed to be able to have Fairy type hidden power

Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/The-Legend-Arkana-Great-ebook/dp/B00DAIDXDA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371362957&sr=8-1&keywords=B00DAIDXDA

iOS devices can access via apps for either Kindle or Nook

Also, for those of you who like more realistic fiction, on November 28th, my second work Family is Forever comes out.
Old June 15th, 2013 (10:51 PM).
Therizinosaurus

as long as they dont have a stupid minigame ill be all good. gen V's mini game was so annoying, and i often didnt manage to get all the pokemon i was attempting to transfer.
but i dont think youll be able to transfer pokemon back to gen V. as franko94 said, theres new mechanics, and if they were going to let you do it at all, game freak would have let you transfer from gen V to IV.
Old June 15th, 2013 (11:11 PM).
coolking49

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by franko94:
I think the issue will be with the Hidden Power mechanic. The old Pokemon are not programmed to be able to have Fairy type hidden power
Well, the IVs of the pokemon wouldn't change, so while the hidden power would have to be re-configured, it wouldn't be a change in how the stats are calculated, like gen 2 to 3. I think Gamefreak learned from the backlash from gen 2 to 3 and will always make games backwards compatible, which is cool since i can use pokemon from Sapphire 3 generations later.
How is a different question. I don't own a 3ds yet, but I've played DS games with my friends who do in multiplayer, so they can connect. The question is how would a ds game connect with a 3ds game, which is a rather new problem, but I'm sure Game freak will figure it out.
Old June 16th, 2013 (10:59 AM).
Romaov
Orra

Quote originally posted by coolking49:
Well, the IVs of the pokemon wouldn't change, so while the hidden power would have to be re-configured, it wouldn't be a change in how the stats are calculated, like gen 2 to 3. I think Gamefreak learned from the backlash from gen 2 to 3 and will always make games backwards compatible, which is cool since i can use pokemon from Sapphire 3 generations later.
How is a different question. I don't own a 3ds yet, but I've played DS games with my friends who do in multiplayer, so they can connect. The question is how would a ds game connect with a 3ds game, which is a rather new problem, but I'm sure Game freak will figure it out.
as I suggested they should just make a free transfer tool in the eshop where you take pokemon in a 5,4th gen game to put it into the 6th gen.
Old June 16th, 2013 (02:52 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Could they use Dream Word connectivity to move pokemon?

Could BW save data to the SD card? Then the 3DS could get them there.

GF should find a way for a Single 3DS to transfer pokemon. GF shouldn't expect us to have two.
Old June 16th, 2013 (05:14 PM).
Romaov
Orra

Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
Could they use Dream Word connectivity to move pokemon?

Could BW save data to the SD card? Then the 3DS could get them there.

GF should find a way for a Single 3DS to transfer pokemon. GF shouldn't expect us to have two.
IKR! I'm probably the only person I know of any of my friends that has a 3ds or a ds ever.
Old June 16th, 2013 (05:57 PM).
Austin1395
Dark-type Trainer

Nature: Serious
I'm really just hoping that they can find some way for us to transfer our Pokemon from other/previous games without having a second DS/3DS.
Old June 16th, 2013 (08:19 PM).
MarinoKadame

I wonder with Pokemon X and Y if they gonna release a pokemon stadium type game on Wii U.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old June 16th, 2013 (09:37 PM).
awolfsquared
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
At the Developer's Roundtable last Wednesday, they mentioned they're working on a way to transfer Pokemon from previous games.
Quote:
Q – Can you import Pokemon from previous games?
A – We are thinking of something. The DS and 3DS can’t communicate, but we are working on it.
So that's good to hear we will be able to and I expected that we would since it's been a thing for two generations so why remove it? I'm thinking since they're still working on it's not in the game? They could still be developing it though cause it seems they're still improving the graphics. (which are look better each time I might add.) I would hate to have to buy two 3DSes just to transfer them again. That is such a pain so I hope they make an e-shop app just for transferring Pokemon. I hope too that you can transfer more than 6 at a time cause it that takes prefer when you have an entire game of hundreds of Pokemon to transfer. I liked the Pal Park alot so I'd also like if there's something like that in the game cause it felt more real than the PokeTransfer minigame.
Old June 16th, 2013 (09:55 PM).
Community Supporter

That Q&A makes me think that if they don't figure it out by release date we'll be seeing a patch/update or an app on a later date. Hopefully they'll be able to think of someway to by pass the restrictions, if not Gen 6 may become like it's half number, Gen 3.
Old June 22nd, 2013 (09:42 PM).
Hikamaru
save yourself
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by AWsquared:
So that's good to hear we will be able to and I expected that we would since it's been a thing for two generations so why remove it? I'm thinking since they're still working on it's not in the game? They could still be developing it though cause it seems they're still improving the graphics. (which are look better each time I might add.) I would hate to have to buy two 3DSes just to transfer them again. That is such a pain so I hope they make an e-shop app just for transferring Pokemon. I hope too that you can transfer more than 6 at a time cause it that takes prefer when you have an entire game of hundreds of Pokemon to transfer. I liked the Pal Park alot so I'd also like if there's something like that in the game cause it felt more real than the PokeTransfer minigame.
But there's a problem, the 3DS is an entirely different console to the DS, in fact it's the successor to the DS as a next gen console. So that means there will be an issue with transferring old Pokemon over from older games. If one looked at one of the X & Y trailers carefully, a Charizard appeared in it. The only way to get it in R/S/E was a trade from FR/LG, and in the case with 4th and 5th Gen it had to be transferred over with Pal Park and Poke Transfer respectively. If the case that the DS and 3DS can't communicate due to being different gen consoles, it will be the end of transfer as we know it, but GF learned their lesson when 2nd Gen couldn't transfer to 3rd Gen. I'd like to see a new way of transferring over Pokemon from 5th Gen games, maybe an e-shop app or something.
Old June 22nd, 2013 (10:15 PM). Edited June 22nd, 2013 by Limerent.
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
But there's a problem, the 3DS is an entirely different console to the DS, in fact it's the successor to the DS as a next gen console. So that means there will be an issue with transferring old Pokemon over from older games. If one looked at one of the X & Y trailers carefully, a Charizard appeared in it. The only way to get it in R/S/E was a trade from FR/LG, and in the case with 4th and 5th Gen it had to be transferred over with Pal Park and Poke Transfer respectively. If the case that the DS and 3DS can't communicate due to being different gen consoles, it will be the end of transfer as we know it, but GF learned their lesson when 2nd Gen couldn't transfer to 3rd Gen. I'd like to see a new way of transferring over Pokemon from 5th Gen games, maybe an e-shop app or something.
If Gen 6 is really incompatible with older games due to being a next gen console, then we will most definitely see remakes of the older games to quench our thirst for those pokemon. Hoenn maybe? But I think the 3DS can communicate with the DS for backwards compatibility, I mean it can still play DS games right? If not, I think we'll see a Poketransfer app like you said, you install it on your flash card, and when a DS Pokemon game is booted up on the 3DS it can prompt you to migrate if you'd like to migrate some Pokemon to said flash card. So the next time you play X or Y it transfers that data to the game and voila, old Pokemon! :D

EDIT: Nope, the 3DS and DS can't communicate, so it will probably be an application of some sort.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links