Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Computers & Technology
Notices

Computers & Technology The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:45 PM
bigjon357

Advertise here
i was wondering if anyone uses skype anymore? i dont have my own computer (atm its at a relatives house far away) but i just wondered is pokemon still cool on skype? ugg wish i couldd find my comp....
Old June 12th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

Nature: Quiet
Skype seems to have taken over as the people's choice for IM... especially with Live Messenger out the door. I wish Microsoft would have Skype have some of the features MSN did, but I guess one can only dream.
I have now moved to my new account
TéaQQ for good due to personal reasons.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

I use skype everyday to talk to my PC friends, because its much simpler to stay in contact that way.

"By force of will!"
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I still have my Skype account, and program installed on my PC, but I have not used it in over 8 months. My friends, family, and I always use the chat on Facebook - I'm thinking of uninstalling it if I'm not going to use it.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - sorry for no updates, been reorganizing my room
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 15
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: Y - Location: Geosenge Town
50/50 Challenge - Badges 4/8 - Game Y - Location: Lumiose City

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; June 12th, 2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old June 12th, 2013, 09:38 PM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

I have Skype and I use it to talk to people I met on PokeCommunity. Sometimes I use it to talk to my friend by voice chat. I don't really mind Skype, it's a good program. I prefer MSN. Maybe that's just because I've used MSN since 2005.
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old June 13th, 2013, 04:17 AM
Tsutarja
Happy Halloween!

Nature: Jolly
I use Skype to talk with some friends I know from school, and I use it to talk to some of my closest online friends and my pair here at PC. I, too, miss MSN/live messenger because of its features.. and the thing with skype is that sometimes I forget to sign in with my Live ID (and use my Skype ID instead) and then my MSN contacts dont show up..

Happy Halloween!
mod pairs family tumblr twitter pc social sites
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Denny Hamlin
i can f e e l again

Nature: Brave
I don't use skype as much anymore. The only time I use skype is when someone "wants me" to get on for a call, or just to talk. But otherwise, I just don't use it as much anymore.

When the PC Get-Together comes around, I'll use it a lot during that period. :P
MOD of FC&G & battle server // paired to Buoysel & Kanzler // rival of Jeff Gordon
[14:19] Slate...: yes megan is an independent black man who needs no shower & black woman to lead his new transsexual life
Old June 13th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I have a Skype account but only really use it to keep in touch with my mum.
Old June 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
i don't use Skype lately..it had it's brighting days... and now it's less and less
A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same.
Brock – Pokemon

Old June 14th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Hikamaru
I have not had my teeth whitened!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't use Skype right now and probably never will, because I'm one who never likes showing their face to the internet.
Old June 14th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Miss Anne Thrope
Disgusted

Nature: Bold
I had an account but the couple people I added never actually wanted to talk to me, ever.. So I deleted it.
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Purple Materia
Shape the future!
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Careful
I prefer MSN, but Skype has an appeal to it.

There's just something about the pre-VoIP days. I can't put my finger on it, but only being able to communicate via text is a million times better. At least in my opinion.

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm
Old June 15th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Cordelia
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I use Skype as one of my go-to IM clients now, along with Google Hangouts. :3
Old June 15th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

I just use Skype for IMing now since WLM got killed off. I still much prefer WLM and think Skype is inferior for text IMing, but...what are you going to do? It beats not talking to people at all.

I never use video or audio chat anyway, so that's kind of a moot point for me.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of patchisou yutohru
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

I'm trying to use Skype more for the sake of my friends (since they prefer it), but I don't really like it. I like the Skyping bit of it, but most of my friends prefer instant messaging as opposed to video chatting.
Old June 15th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

I used to use skype a lot to talk to people but as of recent I have kinda stopped talking to them and we just have to odd occasional IM chat, Wouldn't mind doing more skype chatting with people but msot people always busy now a days.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old June 16th, 2013, 02:41 AM
danks_
NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!

Nature: Serious
I still use Skype and I use it a lot, specially when you want to talk with more than 1 person at the same time, it helps a lot, but mostly for calling.
I think now a days 80% of my chatting goes through WhatsApp, 16% Facebook Messenger and the other small % goes for Emails and SMS together.

Specially if you live alone in a country far away from family and former friends.
Old June 16th, 2013, 03:04 AM
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I usually chat with about three friends on Skype a day, one friend a week, and about everybody in a month. As soon as I get the computer from my brother, I slot in my Skype ID and wait for someone to come online.

Skype is a bit of a lag on IMs, though. I have trouble chatting with IMs on Skype since my friend only receives half my messages .

Still Skype is usually where I wanna chat with my closer friends since I only have a few on PC and I wanna preserve our friendship lol
~
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Limerent
I can hear you.
Community Supporter

I made a Skype account a while back, never used it, and recently installed it on my phone and added a friend! We haven't talked yet really and I'm still not sure about all the features this service has or how to use them... It would probably be so awkward if someone Skype called me, like I've used Teamspeak and VoIP while playing games but that's easy if you're doing something what that person at the same time! >.> Voice conversations are hard, some people can express themselves better in words, which is probably why most people above miss MSN.
Hi.
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:24 AM
diab_low
#SmashingTheMaroons

I used to use Skype heaps but now I forgot my password hahaha I gotta retrieve it
Old June 21st, 2013, 04:17 AM
Aurora
dead until the 29th

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Aurora
I use Skype quite often. It's a useful tool for communicating with others and is a great place to hold group discussions. I find it to be a clean and nice-looking program (especially on Windows 8) and it doesn't consume too much memory, which is always a bonus.

I have noticed that my computer's start-up speed decreases when I set Skype as one of my starting programs, but that can easily be rectified by disabling it. Other than that, there really aren't any issues with Skype. Useful program, cheap, and easy to use.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\

server modblogmy lovely pair <3twitterfighting for social justice • skype me: auroracr9826
Old June 21st, 2013, 06:38 AM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

I made a Skype account last year in order to chat with one of my friends from BMGF, but now that MSN being merged with Skype, I log into Skype everyday.
Credit goes to KhanadianDaleks of imgur for the gif
Old July 13th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Sheep

Nature: Timid
Skype is the primary IM client of choice nowadays, I'm online almost all the time. My only real gripe is that you can't customize your font but oh well, that's minor. :(

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old July 13th, 2013, 01:08 PM
ShadowE
Got a whole lot of love
Community Supporter

I use Skype whenever i play games with friends or just to talk to people... And its useful on my phone too since i dont have to bring a laptop everytime if i wanna talk... Also for future people that add me... dont call me when its around 5am for me... that happened once and i woke up from it xD
Old July 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Like most people in this thread, I use it because it has become the primary IM system and the way I get in touch with my friends nowadays. If I had the option though, I would choose not to use it, because it's really ugly to me. ._.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here