The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old June 19th, 2013, 03:31 PM
mudkipbubbles
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
okay, thank you for letting me know

Update #2:
  • After defeating Brock, I continued to Rt. 3, battling the gathering of random trainers with ease. I trained my Pokemon in the grass before Mt. Moon to lvl 20, so that we would have no problem in Mt. Moon.
  • In Mt. Moon, I battled the trainers that ran into my path (or did I run into theirs?), and got an old fossil that could be turned into a prehistoric pokemon from some nerd. As soon as I got my hands on the Helix fossil, Team Rocket (a gang of bad guys) demanded that I give them the fossil. I refused and declared a battle where I beat them easily with my Pikachu and Butterfree.
  • As I exited the cave, I was in the next city on my map: Cerulean City. As soon as I got there, I tried walking on a bridge, but Gary stopped me, asking me for a battle. I swept his Pokemon away and he left crying (not really). I then healed my Pokemon up and took the Nugget Bridge Challenge.
  • When I got to the end of the challenge, a member of Team Rocket asked me if I wanted to join their team (I wish there was a Yes/No option for that ._.). I quickly refused and he, of course, challenged me to a battle. I beat his Pokemon and he was whining about how I would make a great addition to Team Rocket.
  • I then headed for the Misty's gym. I beat her trainers in there with my Pikachu and Pidgey - who evolved into a Pidgeotto. When it was time to battle Misty, I used Pikachu to take out her Staryu and a combo of Butterfree's Poisonpowder and Pikachu's Thundershock to take out her Starmie. Misty gave me the Cascade badge as my reward and a TM to use.
  • I healed my Pokemon and went into a house that a member of Team Rocket had robbed. He stole Tm-28: Dig. I fought the Team Rocket Member and got back the TM that I have not used yet.
  • I went through the Safe-House leading to Vermillion City, and saved as soon as I got out.

Current Team:

Lightning the Pikachu, lvl 27
Moveset: Thundershock, Quick Attack, Slam, Thunderbolt

Beauty the Butterfree, lvl 24
Moveset: Confusion, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore

Nutmeg the Pidgeotto, lvl 22
Moveset: Gust, Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Whirlwind

I support:

Old June 20th, 2013, 02:22 PM
TheYellowPixel

UPDATE #2:

CURRENT TEAM:

WAKAFLOCKA (Charmeleon) LV 20

RICKROSS (Mankey) LV 18

WIZKHALIFA (Pidgey) LV 16

KATYPERRY (Butterfree) LV 16

JAY-Z (Pikachu) LV 19

YELAWOLF (Rattata) LV 3
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:22 PM
Halfcadence
Monocolorist

Nature: Quiet
FireRed Update #1

Name: Huggs
Rival: Muggs
Starter: Admiral the Squirtle

-Got to Route 22 and caught the next two members of the team, Snowball the Mankey and Herow the Spearow
-Went through Viridian forest and caught Margarine the Caterpie at the end
-Went into the Pewter Gym with a Lv. 7 Squirtle and beat the place with my eyes closed
-Went back to Viridian Forest, grinded and hunted for the last member of the team, Ziggy the Pikachu
-Margarine evolved twice on the route east of Pewter
-Got through Mt. Moon, did Nugget Bridge and all that (during which Admiral evolved into a Wartortle), then took on Misty
-She was quite the pain IIRC. Team effort.
-Started grinding Snowball through SS Anne and the routes east of Vermillion so she could take on Surge
-Fight wasn’t that bad, digged my way to victory

Screens:
Spoiler:

Team:

Admiral the Wartortle, Lv. 17
Ability: Torrent
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Withdraw
-Water Pulse

Herow the Spearow, Lv. 17
Ability: Keen Eye
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Secret Power

Snowball the Mankey, Lv. 26
Ability: Vital Spirit
-Seismic Toss
-Focus Energy
-Dig
-Brick Break

¸Margarine the Butterfree, Lv. 18
Ability: Compoundeyes
-Tackle
-Stun Spore
-Sleep Powder
-Confusion

Ziggy the Pikachu, Lv. 22
Ability: Static
-Thundershock
-Slam
-Double Team
-Thunder Wave

HM Slaves:
CH'DING the Farfetch'd: Cut

Completed Challenges:
ULTIMATE!
ULTIMATE!
Old June 21st, 2013, 06:24 PM
DarkChibimon

Nature: Brave
Username: DarkChibimon
Game: Yellow/Heart Gold/Emerald/Platinum/Black
Additional Restrictions: All: Must use starter Yellow: Must use Nidoking/Nidoqueen Heart Gold: Must use a Dunsparce Emerald: Must use a Ralts Platnum: Must use Shinx Back: Must use the Monkey pokemon I get before the first gym

Last edited by DarkChibimon; June 23rd, 2013 at 02:59 AM.
Old June 21st, 2013, 09:03 PM
Aslan
the pretender

Always wanted to get around to using a Butterfrees and Pidgeots. I might try this. :]

Username: Narnia
Game: Crystal

No restrictions! Will get started right away. :]

Last edited by Aslan; June 22nd, 2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
N30
The New Fire

Username: N30
Game: Pokemon Silver
Additional Restrictions: Kill any shiny pokemon I see (includes the shiny Gyrados), must pick Chikorita, no pokemon are allowed to evolve before the first gym (execpt Chikorita), Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium must be used to "faint" the last pokemon. However, if defeated I must use the next pokemon (in the right)

Last edited by N30; June 22nd, 2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 09:19 PM
tabor62
PONPONPON
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I've already started, but I haven't broken any of the rules so... it should be fine for me to sign up right? (I haven't even beaten Falkner yet)

Username: tabor62
Game: Crystal
Additional Restrictions: None

Friend Codes
Y

Trade Reviews
Click Here

Ever wonder what goes through my head as I breed Pokemon? Want to see all the steps and pains I take to provide Pokemon for all of you? Well clicky clicky [here].
Old June 24th, 2013, 02:19 AM
"NAME"
Unhatched Egg

I'm in

Username: "NAME"
Game: Emerald
Additional Restrictions: Only allowed to own four pokemon at a time
Old June 24th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Aslan
the pretender

Update #1

I started the game on Saturday or Sunday since I had a bit of spare time. I haven't exactly done that much, but I've managed to catch my whole team and train for a tiny bit. Let's get started on details! First things first, as I was playing, I was skyping with one of my friends from the server. I told them I was doing this challenge so they asked if the protagonist could be called after them. I figured why not so, I went with the male character and decided to call him Chase after jellicentfan1. Would of called the character Jelli but that's kind of giving Oak the information of future Pokemon, so I decided not to.

After a brief and warm introduction, gender confusion and a bit more chatting, he finally sent Chase on his way towards the world of Pokemon. He suddenly found himself shrinking and there he was, in a small house. After checking the PC hopefully for a free potion, which to his disappointment there was none- he headed downstairs. As he walked in, a woman greeted him. He assumed this was his Mum- I mean, a woman... in your house.. well I don't think it'd be an ordinary stranger to say the very least. That'd just be creepy. :p

So Chase's Mum walked up and started chatting away. She mentioned something of heading out to Elm's lab, gave him a Pokegear, explained how to use it even if Chase already had the speech drilled into his head, gave him a pat on the back and sent him on his merry way. Chase sighed and hoped that people in the game weren't all exactly like this. He then decided to head out towards Professor Elm's lab to see what all the commotion was about. As he was walking, he spotted a red-haired boy staring into the window. Definitely not creepy. Deciding to mind his own business, he walked in.

Elm somehow managed to make Chase walk up to him and then after a friendly hello, got right down into things. He rambled on about discoveries, a guy named Mr. Pokemon, Pokemon eggs etc. Chase didn't really care, the whole time he was eying the three Pokeballs on the table, wondering exactly was inside. He imagined roaring dragons and huge monsters that could tear a foe into shreds. His cheerful thoughts were burst by the Professor, who then suddenly looked at him and said. "Now... you can have a Pokemon from there. Go ahead, choose!"

Chase frowned. So as a reward for listening to this man ramble, he got a Pokemon? Fair enough. He walked over and eyed them all carefully. Cyndaquil's back burst into flames, in an attempt to impress the trainer. He passed over it quickly- while fire-types were cool, he was sure he'd find something even better out there. Next, his eyes fell onto a small,aqua crocodile who was snapping his jaws playfully. Nope. Lastly, he noticed Chikorita. The cute, little thing smiled at him innocently. He couldn't resist. He scooped up the Chikorita and grinned. "This one's mine!" he said.

Elm approved of the choice and then asked if Chase wanted to give it a nickname. Now naturally since I'm controlling Chase, I get to make all the decisions. So I decided to call the Chikorita, Alana, since it was the first name that popped into my head. So Alana the Chikorita and Chase walked out, one potion richer.

After training a bit on the route west of New Bark Town, he came to a small city by the name of Cherrygrove. He then met an old man who showed him around and made a clever pun about the sea. Chase approved of this guy. He finally came to his house and was given a map. This old man was really cool. The old man wished him luck and departed. In a good mood, Chase healed up and went all the way to Mr Pokemon's house, occasionally healing on the way. At last, he made it to the house with his pockets weighed down by berries. He was tempted to eat one but he wasn't exactly sure if they weren't meant for him.

Inside, Mr Pokemon gave him an egg to return to Elm. Chase couldn't help noticing the old man in the corner, who looked very familiar. Oak. The guy who had confused his gender. What was he doing here? Oak introduced himself and then gave Chase a Pokedex. ENTRUSTING POKEDEXES TO RANDOM STRANGERS- okay, seemed fair enough! Chase left after resting for a while, only to receive an urgent phone call of needing to hurry back immediately. He slowly strolled back and as he was walking out of Cherrygrove, was approached by a red-haired boy.

The red-haired boy muttered something about wimps and then they suddenly engaged in battle. After lots of tackles, leers and other things, Chase came away as victorious. He happily headed back to the lab, completely forgetting that Elm was in a crisis. As he strolled in casually, he walked straight into the walking arms of a police officer. What did he ever do? Turns out that the police officer just wanted information. he remembered the red-haired boy saying his name but it was dancing out of the corners of his mind. Derk. Yes that was it. (Jelli requested the name of the rival :])

The police officer then left and Elm suddenly said that he should take the Gym Leader Challenge. Could Chase ever catch a break? Apparently not. He talked to his Mum and then entrusting her with his money, headed out with Pokeballs now in his bag as well. He would catch all his Pokemon early. First he decided to go to that route in the middle. He headed up and the sun had just risen. He searched around for a while before finding a Phanpy. He caught it easily and named it Melody.

After a tiny bit of training, he then headed up to Route 30. He walked all the way to the Dark Cave and after a few hours of searching, he came across a Teddiursa. He caught that and called it Tom. He then stopped for a long break, when he finally came back to go catch some more team members, night was falling. He managed to catch a Spinarak since it looked fairly interesting and called it Kudos. As he was walking through the wet grass, he then encountered a Poliwag, which he also caught and named Kermit. Finally, he decided to go to Violet City. After healing up, he went to the small patch of grass to the left of the city and caught a Growlithe which he named Aslan. After another hour of training his team, he decided to stop and call it a day.

Current Team

Alana the Chikorita (F)
Level 12
-Tackle
-Growl
-Razor Leaf
-Reflect

Melody the Phanpy (F)
Level 7
-Tackle
-Growl

Kudos the Spinarak (M)
Level 6
-Poison Sting
-String Shot
-Scary Face

Aslan the Growlithe (M)
Level 7
-Bite
-Roar

Kermit the Poliwag (M)
Level 9
-Bubble
-Hypnosis

Tom the Teddiursa (M)
Level 7
-Scratch
-Leer
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:39 AM
DarkChibimon

Nature: Brave
Yellow Update

-Got Sparky (Pikachu) and beat my Rival Icey
-Got King (Nidoran♂)
-Train both of them to Lv 12
-Beat Icey again
-Got Bugy (Caterpie)
-Evolve Bugy into Metapod and Butterfree
-Beat Brock with King
-Evolve King into Nidorino than got a moon stone and evolve King into Nidoking
-Beat Misty
-Got Bubasur and Charamder
-Beat Icey for a 3rd time
-Beat Lt. Surage
-Got Squirtle
-Beat The grass gym, poison gym, Psychic gym fire gym, and ground gym
-Beat the E4 and Icey

Team before I fought the E4
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:47 AM
TheYellowPixel

UPDATE #3
I defeated Lt. Surge and obtained the Thunder Badge. I accidently recorded over the battle so i do not have a video of it. But here's me VS Erika!

WAKAFLOCKA (Charmeleon) LV 32

WIZKHALIFA (Pidgeotto) LV 31

RICKROSS (Primeape) LV 30

KATYPERRY (Butterfree) LV 30

JAY-Z (Raichu) LV 29

YELAWOLF (Rattata) LV 6
Old July 10th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

First Update on my FireRed run.

Chose Charmander as my starter.
Easily beat my Rival.
Did the whole beginning stuff.
Obtained the PokéDex and PokéBalls.
Went to Route 22 where I caught a Mankey.
Went to Viridian Forest where I caught a Pikachu and a Caterpie.
Trained Charmander and Pikachu to level 10 on Route 2, right before Viridian Forest.
Trained Caterpie and Mankey to like 7-8.
Took on the Rival on Route 22.
Took on the Bug Catchers in Viridian Forest as I made my way towards Pewter.
My (now) Metapod evolved into Buterfree.
Reached Pewter, healed up and took on Brock's Gym, leveling Mankey up on the trainer inside the Gym.
Kicked Brock's ass with Mankey who reached level 11 in the process.
Healed at the PokéCenter and saved.

Badges

Current Team

Charmander
Level 11/Female/Lax/Blaze
Scratch
Growl
Ember

Mankey
Level 11/Female/Relaxed/Vital Spirit
Scratch
Leer
Low Kick
Karate Chop

Butterfree
Level 10/Female/Jolly/Compoundeyes
Tackle
String Shot
Harden
Confusion

Pikachu
Level 10/Male/Mild/Static
Thundershock
Growl
Tail Whip
Thunder Wave

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old July 10th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Lost Christmas
Extra coated with nice hot syrup!
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Username: Dark leader Adam
Game: Emerald
Additional restrictions: None

So can I use pokemon from Route 116 and Rusturf tunnel? Also can I return to places once I get a good rod to catch pokemon?

~ Shihoko Hirata feat. Lotus - Beauty of Destiny ~
Hi I'm Adam ~ Showdown ~ VM ~ MyAnimeList ~

Last edited by Lost Christmas; July 10th, 2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old July 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
overlord tyranitar
The Yeti on the Silver Mountain

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to overlord tyranitar
Sign me up, What better way to get back into Pokemon than a fun challenge?
Username:Overlord Tyranitar
Game:HG
Additional Restrictions:Run ends when Red lays broken before me and I hear the lamentations of his Pokemon.

The sea can be calm and tranquil friend as long as you treat it right and are wary

FC:5129-2557-3642

Old July 10th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Meaii
The countdown begins ...

Nature: Gentle
I'll hopefully sign up to this challenge as soon as I've fixed my DSi! <3

23 days until~
Old July 10th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Username: BinaryPeaches
Game: Ruby

I've always liked using Pokemon before the first gym so this is perfect for me! ♥

Last edited by Sora; July 10th, 2013 at 12:57 PM.
Old July 12th, 2013, 03:27 PM
physi1

Nature: Bold
Username:physi1
Game: Fire Red

Seeing as I usually fumble through the elite four on the back of a legendary. This could be very interesting.
Old July 12th, 2013, 03:28 PM
overlord tyranitar
The Yeti on the Silver Mountain

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to overlord tyranitar
Update no1 -note switched to gold over heartgold due to a little bit of instability with HG
Started with Cyndaquil nicknamed it quil, have done some grinding, beat the rival in the first battle and am currently in Cherrygrove

Current Team
Quil Lv 7 Cyndaquil Male
Tackle
Leer
Smokescreen

Debris Lv 2 Geodude Female
Tackle
Defense Curl

The sea can be calm and tranquil friend as long as you treat it right and are wary

FC:5129-2557-3642

Old July 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Youngster Timmy
Dev/Rookie competitor

Name:Youngster Timmy
Game:Emerald
Restrictions: None
Old July 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

First Badge Challenge - First Update
Ruby | Jackson

So it begins! I begun my journey by picking Mudkip as my starter, naming it Riptide. Did the beginning stuff, defeating my rival and all that. Then once I receive my Pokeballs I started my quest to obtain my team. First was Zigzagoon who I had named Travis. Then after a little bit of finding was Ralts who I named Juniper. Once retrieving Juniper I helped someone named Wally get his own Ralts before continuing my quest. After, I caught a Poochyena and named her Mrs.OLeary. Then, I traveled through the forest, catching a Shroomish and naming him Coach. Once I hit Rustboro I went to the route past it and caught the sixth member of my team, a Nincada named Sync. I know six Pokemon are going to be difficult on this journey when many people only do three, but it doesn't feel right to me so six it is!

After acquiring my team I did a little training before taking on Roxanne. Wasn't difficult with a Mudkip and a Shroomish on my team! So the battle finished quickly, and I hoped onto the boat that brought me to Dewford where I am currently training for the second gym.

Riptide (Marshtomp) ♂ | Relaxed | Level 16
Tackle, Bite, Mud Shot, Water Gun

Travis (Zigzagoon) ♂ | Impish | Level 15
Tackle, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Headbutt

Juniper (Ralts) ♀ | Naive | Level 15
Confusion, Growl, Double Team

Mrs.OLeary (Poochyena) ♀ | Naughty | Level 15 @ King's Rock
Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite

Coach (Shroomish) ♂ | Bold | Level 15 @ Miracle Seed
Absorb, Tackle, Stun Spore, Leech Seed

Sync (Nincada) ♂| Serious | Level 15
Scratch, Fury Swipes, Leech Life, Sand-Attack

HM Slaves:
Nincada - Cut
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:42 AM
Orianna
So strange, they scream.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Leader Adam View Post
So can I use pokemon from Route 116 and Rusturf tunnel? Also can I return to places once I get a good rod to catch pokemon?
Well, I hope this answers your question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PekoponTAS View Post
Pokemon such as Skitty in Ruby/Sapphire and Riolu in Black/White 2 are allowed since they are obtainable before you are REQUIRED to fight the first gym.
You can reach Rusturf tunnel before you are REQUIRED to take on the first Gym so that should work xD

"We will kill your enemies. That will be fun."
Old July 13th, 2013, 05:26 AM
physi1

Nature: Bold
Update Uno:

Assessed my options by catching everything available before I challenged brock. Of the 8 choices(that I found), I decided to leave spearow and ratata out, leaving charmander, pidgey, weedle, caterpie, mankey and pikachu in. Defeated Brock and passed the point of no return. Have made it to Cerulean City and over nugget bridge. Training just to maintain level parity at the moment.

My current team (in no particular order) is as follows:

Beedrill Lvl 14
Pidgey Lvl 15
Mankey Lvl 17
Pikachu Lvl 14
Charmeleon Lvl 17
Butterfree Lvl 16
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

First Badge Challenge -Second Update

Ruby | Jackson

So I decided that I didn't want to train anymore and went to go and face Brawley. Wasn't a challenge at all as Juniper easily took down all of his Pokemon. So then it was the trip to Slateport, dealing with Team Magma at the museum and making my way towards Mauville. Defeated my rival with little difficulty (that Grovyle ugh) and after training a little and evolving everyone went and took on Wattson. He was also a piece of take, Riptide easily taking down his Pokemon with Mud Shot. I'm sure this luck is going to cease soon, so I should see about training more between gyms haha. But next will be heading to the next gym which is none other than Flannery's.

Riptide (Marshtomp) ♂ | Relaxed | Level 24
Tackle, Bide, Mud Shot, Water Gun

Travis (Linoone) ♂ | Impish | Level 20
Tackle, Sand Attack, Tail Whip, Headbutt

Juniper (Kirlia) ♀ | Naive | Level 20
Confusion, Growl, Double Team, Teleport

Mrs.OLeary (Mightyena) ♀ | Naughty | Level 20 @ King's Rock
Tackle, Howl, Sand-Attack, Bite

Coach (Breloom) ♂ | Bold | Level 23 @ Miracle Seed
Mega Drain, Headbutt, Mach Punch, Leech Seed

Sync (Ninjask) ♂| Serious | Level 20
Scratch, Fury Swipes, Fury Cutter, Double Team

HM Slaves:
Nincada - Cut
Old July 14th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
I wanted to try this challenge in Heart Gold, but here's the thing.

In the Violet City Pokèmon Center, a man gives you a Mareep/Slugma/Wooper egg if you tell him some phrases (also gives you secret PC wallpapers). Is this thing allowed?

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old July 14th, 2013, 02:47 PM
TheYellowPixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porygon Z View Post
I wanted to try this challenge in Heart Gold, but here's the thing.

In the Violet City Pokèmon Center, a man gives you a Mareep/Slugma/Wooper egg if you tell him some phrases (also gives you secret PC wallpapers). Is this thing allowed?
if you can obtain it before challenging the first gym, then yes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here