The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Advertise here

Old June 14th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Sasuke Uchiha
The Avenger

Nature: Brave

Advertise here
So What Do You Think Is The Best?? :}

Old Username:RedPhoenixMaster

Old June 14th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Daixtey
That One Totodile

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Daixtey
I picked always Treecko he is good in the begining for the first 3 gyms and has a good speed and sp. att. so he also can be used if you want to battle fast like I do also I like the design of Gravoyle he looks just so cool. So there are probably more reasons why he is my favourite starter in Hoenn but I think this is enough for Today.
Old June 14th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Bevertails
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
Mudkip. Has the highest Attack and defense if that's correct or Highest HP or something. Picked him always after the last playthrough while using him. He's best starter long-term.

Old June 16th, 2013, 06:06 AM
PokemonComposer

For playing Sapphire I always used Treecko, as in Sapphire you encounter a tons of water pokemons. The only problem is with flying pokemons, which are also quite popular
That's why I always got Raichu in my Team.
Old June 17th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

Right up until Gen V you can't really dispute Swampert competitively. And he's got advantages against 3 of the first 4 gyms in-game too. But Blazikens' pretty awesome (And Torchic's cute), Sceptile's got a bit of power too (although I've only used it with rubbish movesets in Battle Factory).
So although I use Mudkip most (including my last play), and have only used Torchic once since I first got Emerald, they're about even. Torchic's probably my favourite because despite Swampert being an absolute beast in Battle Frontier (took on two of Anabel's pokémon, for example), Blaziken has a cooler design and his signature move, Blaze Kick, is awesome. Plus in Gen V he get super-awesome thanks to his hidden ability Speed Boost (although I realise this is in the Gen III forum).

...why no poll on this thread?
Old June 17th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
The Hoenn starters have always been my favorite threesome compared to the rest, and in my eyes are some of the best starters we've ever gotten. While I've used all three a fair amount, Treecko will always be my favorite, as it was the first one that I chose when I got Sapphire. And with the main antagonists of this game being Team Aqua, and the abundance of Water type Pokemon in this game compared to the others, Treecko (and later Sceptile) was the key component of my team. While Swampert and Blaziken are good, too, I found I couldn't rely on them quite as much as I did Sceptile.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: BUG // ROCK
Old June 17th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Catpersonisme
Unhatched Egg

I personally chose Mudkip (for the high demand on global trade on my ds games; I normally breed and transfer eggs), although I've decided to have an unconventional playthrough; my "main" pokemon is my Zigzagoon.
Old June 18th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Limerent
I can hear you.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catpersonisme View Post
I personally chose Mudkip (for the high demand on global trade on my ds games; I normally breed and transfer eggs), although I've decided to have an unconventional playthrough; my "main" pokemon is my Zigzagoon.
Mudkip for me too, personally I feel it has the best typing and moves to learn. Points to Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken but they're not as useful for me. I have a Zigzagoon on my team, his name is Zaps, lvl 30. I use him for battle from lvl 4, but he's becoming useless so i'm thinking of making him a HM slave, props to you if you can complete the runthrough with Zigzagoon!
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:05 AM
MeteorMash

Treeko, I always find it the most challenging route to take!
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Mudkip of course, cos he gains a Ground-type when he evolves meaning he is really good at countering Wattson easily. I also had the best time playing when I picked Mudkip, since his evos have only one weakness and decent defensive stats.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Old June 18th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
I alway choose Torchic when playing R/S/E because it has a high attack stat, and is good in battle.
Old June 18th, 2013, 01:17 PM
TheYellowPixel

Mudkip. It has nice bulk and a good move pool. It can easily sweep a number of early gym leaders. Treeko is probably the worst IMO, being only grass and sub-par stats. Torchic is tough to start with but once it evolves, it is a powerhouse
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Espeon20

Nature: Bold
I always pick Mudkip when I play R/S/E, except for my first playthrough of Sapphire. I picked a Torchic and raised a Blaziken to level 100! It was the only Pokemon I used, except for HM slaves. So Mudkip would be the best, but Torchic is my favorite
Old June 19th, 2013, 05:21 PM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

If I remember correctly, Swampert has the highest stat total of all starters. That's the only reason why I picked it- otherwise I would've gone with Treecko, considering I generally prefer it.
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)
Old June 20th, 2013, 05:09 AM
Therizinosaurus

ruby was the first video game i ever owned, and my friends told me to pick a torchic because it evolves into blaziken. not the hugest fan of torchic because it seems just designed to appeal to little girls obsesed with fluffy toys (not that all girls are, i just get the feeling that was the target audience with the design). but its other forms are great. i quickly drew to love treecko on other playthroughs, and i love all its forms. i like mudkip the least, but i still love it. i love playing through with all three starters. the only trio that i just love completely and unconditionally, even if the physical/special split made sceptile's leaf blade redundant
Old June 20th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Travel_Travitron_
+ Self-Expressive Trainer
Community Supporter Tier 2

I never go for the best. However, I often choose Mudkip, to take along with me throughout my adventures. A perfect match would be a Modest nature so spc. atk. rises. Considering grass(using ice attacks), fire, electric, rock, etc... types are no match.
Treecko and Torchic are also unique starters. I give them as much effort as I train any other Pokemon. I'm not too picky in this decision, but I vote for Mudkip, spoiled my answer. xD
Old June 22nd, 2013, 10:02 AM
mrcoolbro

For me, it's a tie between mudkip and torchic. Blaziken is just awesome, but so is swampert.
Old June 22nd, 2013, 04:07 PM
Fernando Torres
Class on grass
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Mudkip. Just mudkip. Enough said
Old June 27th, 2013, 02:09 PM
DraconianWing
Ω We fly Sky-High Ω

I picked Mudkip in Emerald and Torchic in Ruby. I can't seem to get past Liza and Tate in Emerald with Blaziken, so I just use Swampert to make things easier.

However the first starter I ever picked was Treecko, but then I was traumatized from my experience with Flannery's Torkoal. :(

"I go fast. Not because I want to, but because no one else will..." -Mega Salamence by Dragonith
Old June 27th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Emerald_Fire
(Insert Espurr meme here)

Mudkip. Mudkips all around.
Although, Red Chocobo's LP of Emerald displayed the strength of Torchic, so I'm using it during Emerald. The one thing I'm doing the same as Red is training a Marill to defeat Flannery.
Old June 28th, 2013, 06:12 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Nature: Jolly
Tho the Hoenn starters isn't really my favorite starters i would go for Torchic.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:06 AM
vEzekiaLv

I have to say...hm...Mudkip is my favorite. He's cute, strong, and amazing overall! The only thing is...when I had mudkip as a pick, I got my butt handed over to me by May in Saphirre when she learned any grass move...:/ Especially in the beginning...when I didn't have much variety or money to my team.
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:33 AM
SoraTheTruth

Nature: Naive
i like Torchic, it was easy in the beginning, but got challenging near the end (6th, 7th, and 8th gym) thats because back then i only really depended on my starter and the legendary all my other pokemon were HM mules, but then i started caring about my other types around 11 years old and learned what evolved into a flygon.
Old June 29th, 2013, 12:08 AM
alienhunterx

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to alienhunterx
I like Torchic just due to it's design but Mudkip is my Rock Star because of it's final evolution which learns Powerful and just un replaceable attacks
Old July 3rd, 2013, 03:06 PM
ViIsOP

Well, I have always picked Mudkip for two reasons. One. It's Adorable!!! And
Two. It's final evolution is Swampert. Who reminds me of Iman Shumpert, My favorite basketball player. I always name my Mudkip, Shumpert (He plays for New York and they wear White, Blue and Orange)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here