Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page The Gen 1 Pokémon Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which starter did you choose?
Bulbasuar 14 20.59%
Charmander 30 44.12%
Squirtle 24 35.29%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old July 12th, 2013 (03:02 PM).
Overlord of the West

Your username: Squirtle17
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Squirtle or Blastoise
Why did you choose to join this club?: Because generation 1 is BY FAR THE BEST THING EVER. Also this just seems to be a cool club.
Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle). Squirtle because everything about him is just perfect. His color, his name, his voice. He is also really cute.
Old July 13th, 2013 (04:13 AM).
The countdown begins ...

Nature: Gentle
Yay, another Squirtle fan like me!

23 days until~
Old July 13th, 2013 (05:41 AM).
Say my name, silverflame, take control
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Squirtle17:
Your username: Squirtle17
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Squirtle or Blastoise
Why did you choose to join this club?: Because generation 1 is BY FAR THE BEST THING EVER. Also this just seems to be a cool club.
Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle). Squirtle because everything about him is just perfect. His color, his name, his voice. He is also really cute.
I was gonna say that I thought Squirtle might've been my least used starter ever, but thinking back, I'm pretty sure I always chose that one, because I actually thought Grass was weak to Rock for the longest time, and thus I thought Squirtle was the best choice for taking on Brock. That aside, I actually really liked Squirtle in the anime. I felt like he was one of the Pokemon with a distinct personality, being strong and loyal to Ash, while at the same time being a bit of a troublemaker :p And he definitely wasn't one to give up, as could be seen in the Pikachu's Vacation short. He was one of my favourite of Ash's Pokemon, and I'd really love to see him return to the show at one point, since I can't even remember the last time he appeared in the anime. But yeah, despite it being my least used starter of the region, I definitely still love it :)

Which was better to you - Rattata or Zubat?

I can't even remember the last playthrough in which I've used either a Rattata or a Zubat, but speaking from which one is actually better, I'm pretty sure I'd have to go with Zubat. Rattata and Raticate's main use are really their Hyper Fang, in hopes of getting that crit that everyone dreads, but they aren't really good Pokemon to use in most cases. Aside from their Speed stat, there's nothing really significantly good about them, and the only reason to really get them would be their Hyper Fang. Zubat would probably be the more practical use, despite everyone rambling on about how useless they are, because in all honesty, they aren't :p Yes they're annoying and may be the most common Pokemon to date, with every cave being ZUBAT ZUBAT ZUBAT, but if you take some time to train one and teach it the right moves, it can be a good help in battle. For what I remember, Crobat is a super fast Pokemon, and they're good Pokemon for getting that Poison + Confusion combo. They learn useful moves, and just compared to the Rattata family, they're much more useful imo. But then again, that's just what I've experienced with them, because I remember loving my Crobat in Silver, and Rattata was just a meh kinda Pokemon. That's not saying I'm gonna use Zubat any time soon though :p

Old July 13th, 2013 (07:27 AM).

Username:ps3smileyface
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Blastoise
Why did you choose to join this club?: Because I started on red and blue when it first came out, and some of my best child hood memories was battling with friends on the playground at school. It got intense.
Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? I would have to say squirtle. This was my favorite starter as a kid because I got pokemon Blue first then I got red later on. It was the one on my game and that is why I chose him. I was an OCD Kid so that helped me pick because I had it first then went onto get the other starters once I got my new red and other gameboy (gameboy pocket)
Old July 19th, 2013 (05:30 PM).
The New Species Pokémon - mostly inactive

Nature: Brave
OK guys! What is your least favorite
1. Gen 1 Pokémon
2. Gen 1 Starter

Mew

Old July 21st, 2013 (09:04 AM).
Lizardon Man

Nature: Adamant
What is your least favorite
1. Gen 1 Pokémon
2. Gen 1 Starter

My least favorite Gen 1 Pokemon is the Hypno. It's the only Pokemon that creeps me out to this day.

My least favorite Gen 1 Starter is probably Squirtle. Nothing against the little guy, I think Blastoise is beast, but I almost always never find myself using him on any of my Kanto playthroughs. Charmander's my favorite so I almost always use him and if not, I always get the most use out of Bulbasaur.

Old July 22nd, 2013 (06:44 AM).
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
What is your least favorite....

1. Gen 1 Pokémon
That is definitely err.....wow, I don't even have one....I'm just gonna say Rattata because it seems kinda useless.

2. Gen 1 Starter
Bulbasaur probably. I think it is a very poorly designed pokemon...well, perhaps Venusaur is the one I dislike the most. It just seems like such a dumb evolutionary design. It's the tree....why couldn't it have been a cool-looking flower or something?
Old July 22nd, 2013 (10:55 AM).
Vengeance is Vine

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to The Dark Avenger
Your username: fenneking

Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon:

(Lapras is a close-second)

What Pokémon did you see most prominently in your Pokémon Gen 1 play through? Do you like this Pokémon?

I'd say Pidgey. I know everyone always talks about Zubat, but you only see him in caves. Plus, pidgey exists in more routes. It may just be that pidgey is less difficult to deal with than the annoying status wrecking Pokemon that is Zubat.

What was your favorite legendary in Gen 1 and why?
Mewtwo - Simply one of, if not, the best legendary Pokemon. First, with each generation, the increase of legendaries detracts from the idea of a legendary pokemon. Thus, two lines, the legendary birds and the Mew/Mewtwo lines have more impact since they are so rare. Anyone who has watched the first pokemon movie as a child has a lot of deference for Mewtwo. His design is simple yet distinct. The storyline and characterization involving Mewtwo was spot-on. Some of these new giant-complex-uber-mega-super-ultimate-powerhouse pokemon just seem to lose their identity among the others. This is why I haven't used a legendary pokemon since Lugia.

Zubat.
If we are talking both better competitively or in design. Surprisingly, these guys can do some damage to your roster in two ways. 1) Poison Status 2) Confuse Status. Rattata only had the quick attack advantage, but it is so weak, the move usually didn't make much damage, if any, despite being a STAB priority move in the wild encounters. Additionally, I actually like zubat's design. Golbat misses the mark, I prefer a cave-bat that uses echolocation, rather than using its eyes. The rattata line doesn't offer much as far as creativity in either level; though, I do like Rattata's purple palette I guess. And, I love Crobat!!!

1. Gen 1 Pokémon

2. Gen 1 Starter

Artwork by Fairy+
Old July 22nd, 2013 (11:23 AM).
Just chillin'

Your username: LolPizzaLol
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Zapdos
Why did you choose to join this club?: Gen 1 is where it all started, and of the first games I ever played was Pokémon Blue.
Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle). Bulbasaur, he can learn Solarbeam and I like grass-types. I also really like how his plant grows when evolving.

1. Gen 1 Pokémon: Hmm this is a hard one. I'd say Dugtrio, it's just 3 Diglett and I know Magneton is just 3 Magnemite, but they are magnets and they pull each other, Dugtrio doesn't really make sense.
2. Gen 1 Starter: Charmander, it's a nice Pokémon but Charizard is just way too overrated and I'm not a big fan of Fire-types either.

Old July 29th, 2013 (04:34 AM).
friendly friends! 🎵
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
This club doesn't have enough members. Sign me up!

Your Username: Mokoko
Your Favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Eevee

Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon? Well, originally my favourite Pokemon was Persian but in time Eevee grew on me a lot. I just love it's design, simple, small and cute. Plus it can evolve into 8 different Pokemon! What's not to like?

Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle). Bulbasaur, because it's just cuter than the rest.

What was your favorite legendary in Gen 1 and why? Mew! It is just adorable.

Which was better to you - Rattata or Zubat? Are we talking design-wise? If so, I choose Rattata. My brother knows a way to complete a Pokemon game with a level 1 Rattata! Besides, I never really liked Zubat, it can get pretty annoying when you run out of repels and it uses Confuse Ray!

What is your least favorite Gen 1 Pokemon?

What is your least favorite Gen 1 Starter?
pc family & credit
vm & pm
Old August 1st, 2013 (11:08 AM).
Silver Tier

Which is your least favourite Gen 1 Pokemon?

Oh wow, a bit of a tough decision. The first generation is so nostalgic, and all the memories, all the Pokemon, are things I keep close to hard, so choosing my least favourite between them. Not an easy choice. It's not like I really dislike any of the Pokemon, so I guess I'd have to go with the one I've been the most disappointed with, in which case I'd probably have to go with Moltres.

Moltres was the one of the three birds, I genuinely just didn't care about. It had a terrible moveset in the first generation games, its design was less than impressive, and it was the least out-of-the-way legendary of all in the first generation games, like it was such a mediocre legendary, it didn't even deserve a maze or a puzzle to be found, and was just conveniently placed on your way toward the E4. Kinda like the Sword of Justice trio in B2/W2. And it wasn't really worth picking up either, since its moveset when its caught consists only of Peck and Fire Spin, two very mediocre moves that wouldn't get you anywhere in the league. And it doesn't learn any other good moves apart from Sky Attack, which it doesn't learn until level 60, which I really never had the patience to train it to before taking on the league. So all in all, a very disappoint Pokemon. It was one of the Pokemon I caught, just because it was legendary.

They've improved on it as the generations has gone by though, it still wasn't much in the third generation games, and I've yet to use it in any fourth or fifth generation games, but I hear the addition of certain moves has made it a much more reliable Pokemon. But yeah, I guess that's the one of the first generation Pokemon I hate the most, just because of how big a disappointment it was :( And it was even a bird :(

Which is your least favourite Gen 1 starter?

I believe I've already talked quite a bit about the starters, so I'll just cut it short. Squitle is my least favourite first generation starter, because of how little I've used it. I've found all of the starters to be pretty awesome, but I've just not used Squirtle nearly as much as the two others, just because it didn't stand out as much. I used it a lot when I was younger, but that was just because I thought Grass was weak to Rock as well (it seemed logical to me), so I chose Squitle just because it'd be easier to get past Brock. I later came to realise that Bulbasaur was the best choice for that, and have used it for that reason pretty much ever since. If I want challenge, I've chosen Charmander. So Squirtle just kinda became left and forgotten, which is why it's my least favourite. But that's not to say I don't like it, since Squirtle is one of my favourite of Ash's Pokemon to this day, due to how great of a character it is :p

Old August 3rd, 2013 (11:42 PM). Edited August 4th, 2013 by «Chuckles».
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

Your username:
ChucklesLucifer, call me chuckles
Mewtwo
Why did you choose to join this club?:
I love Generation one above all the other's
Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon?
The first Pokemon movie I saw featured Mewtwo, and when I got the game... Boy did I look for him everywhere I finally beat the E4 WHEN I was running through cerulean and saw the unknown dungeon was open. After a long SPAM run I reached the center... and there he stood the mighty Pokemon I scavenged all of Kanto for with my Masterball I immidiatly through it, he was caught. My Pokemon journey was complete or so I thought...

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old August 19th, 2013 (03:46 PM).

Hey, finally remembered this club... Listen, a Pokémon special is airing Oct. 2nd in Japan, all about Red and Green! Called: Pocket Monsters: The Origin. (Pokémon Origins)

Mew

Old August 19th, 2013 (07:12 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by chuckleslucifer:

Your username:
ChucklesLucifer, call me chuckles
Mewtwo
Why did you choose to join this club?:
I love Generation one above all the other's
The first Pokemon movie I saw featured Mewtwo, and when I got the game... Boy did I look for him everywhere I finally beat the E4 WHEN I was running through cerulean and saw the unknown dungeon was open. After a long SPAM run I reached the center... and there he stood the mighty Pokemon I scavenged all of Kanto for with my Masterball I immidiatly through it, he was caught. My Pokemon journey was complete or so I thought...

Welcome to the club Chuckleslucifer! Finally we got one of the Mewtwo fans in here. I mean, there were tons of people obsessing about Mewtwo back in the day, I mean he was practically considered a Pokegod, a legitimate one that is :p But with Arceus stepping into the scene, Mewtwo was kinda degraded to just being a really strong Pokemon, because who can compete with an actual God, right? I hardly ever see people use Mewtwo anymore, and it just goes to show what 16 years can do to someone :( Great to see people still like him though :D

Quote originally posted by UltraMew:
Hey, finally remembered this club... Listen, a Pokémon special is airing Oct. 2nd in Japan, all about Red and Green! Called: Pocket Monsters: The Origin. (Pokémon Origins)
Yeah, really looking forward to it! I'm just hoping it's gonna be a full-fleshed anime, seperated from the current one, though chances are it's probably just gonna be a few episodes. But it's definitely a great move on GF's part, because fans have been wanting this for years, and it may just catch the eyes of part of the original Pokemania crowd.

I'm really excited to see how they tackle the story though, ie are they gonna follow the games exactly as they were intended, or put their own twists on it like what was done with the PokeSpé manga. I'm just generally excited ;D

Old August 20th, 2013 (03:22 PM).

Quote originally posted by Olli97:
Yeah, really looking forward to it! I'm just hoping it's gonna be a full-fleshed anime, seperated from the current one, though chances are it's probably just gonna be a few episodes. But it's definitely a great move on GF's part, because fans have been wanting this for years, and it may just catch the eyes of part of the original Pokemania crowd.

I'm really excited to see how they tackle the story though, ie are they gonna follow the games exactly as they were intended, or put their own twists on it like what was done with the PokeSpé manga. I'm just generally excited ;D
Yeah, I think it's hinting at a RGBY remake!

Mew

Old August 21st, 2013 (07:05 AM).
Silver Tier

Perhaps, but I don't think that's actually what they're aiming for. I mean, it might happen, since even though it's already gotten a graphical update, it's still the only generation that hasn't been introduced to the capabilities of the DS yet. But again, I think they're mainly trying to get back the old crowd into Pokemon, and as well as give some of the people who hate Ash as the main protagonist in the anime something to be excited about.

But yeah, we'll just have to see. There's not much we can actually draw any conclusions from yet, because it may either just be some marketing scheme, or it could be they're actually foreshadowing a remake. I mean, they left numerous hints to the remake of HG/SS throughout several games, but I just feel like this might be too obvious? :p

Old August 21st, 2013 (03:14 PM).

Well, Kanto was in HGSS, so you meant RSE.

Mew

Old August 21st, 2013 (07:32 PM).
Silver Tier

Oh wait, I forgot R/S/E was on the GBA, but no, I actually meant Kanto. I consider the Kanto version of HG/SS to be kinda like the second generation Kanto, since there are several things that have changed within the region, as well as it isn't really story driven. Also I actually said that it was the first generation that hadn't been introduced to the DS, not Kanto, and there is a difference :p

But yeah, I am actually hoping for a remake of R/B/G/Y or FR/LG or whatever, but R/S/E remakes are still at the top of my list. I've already played through Kanto soooo many times in my life, counting all the times I've played through my Blue version, Leaf Green version, and I guess Silver could count too :p And I just kinda want something new, ie R/S/E remakes, rather than having to play through it once more. It's not that I like it, because it's easily my favourite region, and I would still be happy if we got an R/B/G/Y remake, but R/S/E are great games as well, and they just haven't touched on them in just about 10 years now :p But either way I'll be happy :D

Old August 21st, 2013 (11:37 PM).
"Code Red: 022"

Your username: kirou12

Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Charizard

Why did you choose to join this club?I join this club because I want to hang out with Gen 1 lovers like me. I choose Gen 1 because, it is the first Pokemon game I played , which is Yellow version. And for me Gen 1 pokemons are awesome and cool, unlike the later gens. (well I am not saying I hate the later versions)

Why did you choose your current favorite Pokemon? Well Charizard Is my Favorite Pokemon of all time.

Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle). Charmander, because he is the basic stage of Charizard.

Which was better to you - Rattata or Zubat? At first Zubat is annoying because when you enter a cave (except Diglet Cave) it is the most random encounter, and some of them block your escape or can't escape with them. For Ratata, well he is one of the first Pokemon I caught (together with Pidgey) and I like his move sets like Hyper Fang and Super Fang. So my vote goes to Ratata.

1. Gen 1 Pokémon Hmm, Zubat I think... because as I said it is annoying.

2. Gen 1 Starter: Well I love all Gen 1 Starters, but my least favorite is Bulbasaur. Well I don't dislike Bulbasaur he is just my least favorite.
Old August 23rd, 2013 (01:28 AM).
I'm a self aware man, I'm also borderline narcissistic

1. Gen 1 Pokémon
Wigglytuff it scared the pants off of me have you seen it's sprite?

2. Gen 1 Starter
Squirtle by far I didn't like the look of blastoise. it just seemed off.

"I make stupid shirts and people like it so, I am grateful." ~Tyler, The Creator
Old August 27th, 2013 (11:36 PM).
the demons in our minds
CS

Nature: Naive
Your username: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Your favorite Gen 1 Pokemon: Charmeleon. Probably. But I love most others as well.
Why did you choose to join this club?: Because I wanted to join a pokémon club and didn't feel like the singular type clubs were interesting enough, haha. Plus, I've always liked gen I so.

I've always loved Charmander and it's evolutions, and I have a thing for middle evos in starters. Bulbasaur is love, but Charmeleon is a bit cooler than the rest. Plus, fire is great and I like slashing pokémon, like Charmeleon is.

Which starter Pokemon is your favourite, and why? (Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle).
Bulbasaur or Charmander. I can't decide because it depends now and then.

What Pokémon did you see most prominently in your Pokémon Gen 1 play through? Do you like this Pokémon?
Pikachu, haha. I mostly played Yellow. Yeah, I liked it but I would have liked it better if it evolved :( Other than it, maybe Hypno or Primeape. Always had those on my team, only changing them for Hitmonlee or Kadabra now and then. But Hypno is better. I like Hypno. And Primeape feels like an old friend by now, haha.

What was your favorite legendary in Gen 1 and why?
Hmmm. Maybe Mewtwo. It's cool looking and really strong. The birds are okay, but I always liked the Johto beasts more and Mewtwo is a bit more badass than those birdies :]

In gen I definitely Rattata! Or rather Raticate, haha. Hyper Fang <3 Zubat was too derpy in gen I. Really didn't like that until gen III.

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old September 4th, 2013 (07:23 AM).

Did you guys watch the Pokemon Direct? they revealed that there is a Mega Evolution for the Gen 1 Starters.

Old September 4th, 2013 (07:37 AM).
the demons in our minds
CS

Nature: Naive
Quote originally posted by kirou12:
Did you guys watch the Pokemon Direct? they revealed that there is a Mega Evolution for the Gen 1 Starters.
I saw! Not sure I like it, haha. I do think it's cool that they include the gen I starters into X & Y somehow (professor Sycamore will give you one) and the more Mega evos, the merrier imo. But I think they could have been designed better. So far I've loved all the Mega evos except for these.

Charizard is pretty okay though. Does anyone notice the weightloss he seems to get upon evolution? xD

Now we know why Ash brought him back onto his team. He's gonna evolve! ^^

moderator of
Roleplay Theatre

roleplayer in
Crossroads x Digimon
Titans x Legends

Old September 4th, 2013 (08:10 AM).

Quote originally posted by Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers:
I saw! Not sure I like it, haha. I do think it's cool that they include the gen I starters into X & Y somehow (professor Sycamore will give you one) and the more Mega evos, the merrier imo. But I think they could have been designed better. So far I've loved all the Mega evos except for these.

Charizard is pretty okay though. Does anyone notice the weightloss he seems to get upon evolution? xD

Now we know why Ash brought him back onto his team. He's gonna evolve!
He looks like more of a Dragon Type now, wow can't wait to get my hands on Pokemon X and Y.

Old September 5th, 2013 (05:05 PM).

Quote originally posted by kirou12:
He looks like more of a Dragon Type now, wow can't wait to get my hands on Pokemon X and Y.

On the official Pokémon site, it says he's still Fire/Flying.

Mew

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links