Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner
Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
Lark watched the going's-on with a mild fit of giggles. People... they could be just so... so... silly! Wen the customer asked what happened, Lark frowned again. 'Well, the guy who got slapped just kind of walked up to the girl who slapped him an~d just got up in their face a bit." She tilted her head. "Don't people know that's not polite?"

It is if you're a doggie, like me!

Kit looked around again. This was getting weird. Oh well, she was a mistress of weird. "Oh, are you leaving already? Have a nice day!" She called to the couple who left, as well as the man who had been slapped. She looked at the two tickets in puzzled delight before handing them to Jessie.

"Look, a peace offering!" Jessie examined them before grinning, pocketing them.

"Whatever you say."

Kit giggled then turned back to Kali. "Les Mis is so great," she finally gushed. "It's so, so pretty! Hey, hey, what's it like in Tennessee?"
"What Tama wishes for is..."

Old June 28th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Nideous
The world refused to change...

Nature: Gentle
Quincy Marley
Ep. 1 pt.1

Quin yawned softly to himself. What an eventful night. Well, it was over now. Now he had to worry about the morning. Let's see... first things first, he needed clothing, like, now. Clothing that didn't identify him as a mental patient. He looked around, holding his broom tightly. A house was nearby. Whose house? Who cared. He needed clothing. He walked to the house and circled around it, looking for a way in. Then he sighed and kicked the back door in. He walked inside, looking around. The house seemed empty, thankfully, and there was no alarm. He walked around, looking for something to change into. finding a dresser filled with clothing he pulled some out. A pair of old blue jeans, and a red t-shirt. He then grabbed some scizzors and began to snip and cut away his hair, letting it fall into a bag, and pulled a hat over his shorter hair now. He smiled and shaved up a bit, looking a lot more like a kid again. He smiled brightly. Looking at the picture of him from the mental ward now, you wouldn't even recognize him! Which was great! He put his old clothing in the bag with his hair and looked at the blood stained broom he held. that wouldn't do at all. He had to dispose of it.

No... No, keep it, you may need a weapon later hun. What'dya say beautiful? You should find some other little fool and hit them with it until they stop moving. No one will ever call you weak or powerless!

"Shut up Jen... Shut up shut up shut up!" he said to himself, falling to his knees and holding his hands over his head, trying to shut out the voice of the murderous girl that was talking now. Telling him to hurt more people, to kill more. He had three lives on his hands already, how many more did she want? He didn't mind hurting people if he had too, but she was different. She just wanted the world to burn. He was trying to save it, to save the majority, which meant some would be lost to save the rest, but that didn't mean he liked hurting people. He hated it! But if he had to he would. But only if he had to. He sighed and shook his head, just sort of sitting there for the moment.
What is real? What is truth? Is it something you can touch? Can you see it? Find it? Hold it in your hands? What is true for you is not always the truth for someone else.

RIANBOW SPADE! (My answer to everything. )
Old June 28th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Nickle4aPickle

Kali Rose
"Oh, so that's what happe-" Kali started, then the guy in question stepped up next to her and set the pieces of paper on the counter.

"If you know someone that likes a good concert tell them those passes can get ‘em in for free. The location is on the pass itself. It’ll even get them backstage if they ask."

And then he was gone.

"Nope, guess he doesn't know what's polite, and what's not," Kali rolled her eyes at his rudeness of interrupting her. What ever happened to good ol' manners?

After the girl handed the passes to her co-worker, she asked about Tennessee. Kali's eyes lit up as she spoke. "It's a lot warmer than here, that's for sure! But I guess most places are these days, huh?" She giggled a bit. "Even though I come from a large-ish city, everyone's pretty chill. People will say 'Hey, how're you doing?' as you're passin' by. It's got a small town-kinda vibe to it."

As she smiled at the girl, Ryan came up next to her. "We're gonna be leaving soon, Kali. Better chow down while ya can!" He took his sugars from her and rushed back to their table.

"Ah, guess I gotta get going. It was nice to meet you, ah...?" Kali left the question hanging in the air as she extended her free hand for a handshake.

tumblr.//dA//twitter//youtube//raptr

Scraggy face edit by me
Old June 29th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Gavin "Rhodey" Rhodes
???????
Ep1//PrtA//Sub6

“What the hell hit me?” Rhodey said, while recovering from the unknown attack to his face. He was lying on his back, dazed for obvious reasons. Upon sitting up he took an immediate look around to see what had hit him, but he saw nothing. No assailant, no weapon, no traces. When he stood up, though, he discovered something, it was an egg. This egg was no ordinary egg, however. It was larger than any type of egg that he had ever seen, and it had an odd pattern on the shell. Rhodey hesitantly picked the egg off the ground to inspect it further. He noticed that the egg was fairly heavy, since he had expected something like a soccer ball’s weight, which coincidentally was approximately the same size as the egg. The pattern wrapped the entire egg, and it could be described as a lot of layered smoke, except for the very top of egg, which was covered in a flame-like marking. Then the egg shook. Rhodey nearly jumped out of his skin at that moment. In his surprise he dropped the egg, but surprisingly it didn’t shatter. It was on the floor just shaking, nothing much other than that actually happened. The shaking egg wasn’t the only weird thing happening, though. A sound was coming from somewhere, but Rhodey wasn’t exactly concerned with an odd noise.

Then the sound got louder, and louder, until Rhodey was unable to ignore it. Frantically, he searched for the source of the deafening screeching. It wasn’t coming from the speaker system located around the shop. It wasn’t coming from the computer either. Where was it? Rhodey fell to his knees from the pain of the sound, and at that point he realized something. That device that evolved from his tuner! It was in his pocket, and when he pulled it out the screech multiplied. That lasted for about a minute, not that Rhodey could grasp time at the moment. The sound was finally extinguished when a flash of white light erupted from the device. Moments later he heard a voice.

“So, how should we play?”

The question, in question, puzzled him. Did a customer come in while all of that had happened? Why would they want to play? None of it made sense and only got crazier when Rhodey regained his composure. There it was a puff of white smoke with a face on it. To top it off it was talking. What the hell is going on? Was his bear claw laced with hallucinogens again? Whatever it was the puff of smoke was here, looking antsy to play or something. Immediately, Rhodey dashes to the front door and locks it. The puff of smoke just looks at him oddly, wondering what Rhodey was doing. The two continued to give each other varying looks, though Rhodey’s looks were more in astonishment while the puff of smoke’s were of curiosity. Rhodey was about to say something when the puff of smoke gave him a look of displeasure.

“This is no fun! You’re no fun! I. Want. To. Play. If you don’t want to play I will just play by myself.”

At that moment the puff of smoke flew around the room, messing with anything it could find, often musing about how something looked cool or asking what it was. The little puffball was destroying so much merchandise, and at such a fast pace too. It was stunning in so many ways. Rhodey couldn’t even begin to fathom what was happening. One thing he knew for sure was that he wouldn’t be able to play at concert with all of this chaos going on.

Rhodey reached for his phone to text Drew. He told him that he wouldn’t be able to do the show tonight, and to ask the label to change the date. Drew asked him why, but Rhodey didn’t really know what to tell Drew, without sounding insane of course. The only option he could come up with was that he should record it. He turned on the filming option, which must have caught the creature’s attention, since it proceeded to come over to Rhodey. It gave a curious look at his phone before giving a devilish smile.

“Mine!”

The puff of smoke grabbed Rhodey’s phone away from him, and before he knew it the phone was fried. The smoky monster somehow fried his phone with his smokiness. Now what was Rhodey supposed to do? It wasn’t exactly like he could leave this creature alone, but he needed to call Drew, maybe even the police. Uhh, first he was smacked in the face, then his tuner was morphed into a screeching machine, an egg almost gave him a concussion, and now a smoke monster was about to sabotage his music career. Worst. Day. Ever. Rhodey looked at the puffball, who was trying to get the phone to work.

“Why are you trying to ruin my life?”

The ball of smoked looked puzzled and offended.

“A Mokumon does not ruin lives. They make them fun, by playing of course.”

Rhodey just facepalmed after that. Well, at least he now knew it was called Mokumon.

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old June 29th, 2013, 06:25 AM
YogiOne
Fantasy Dreamer

Nature: Modest

Adrian Fitzgerald

Adrian and the Beast
Adrian went down as if he was shot, It was worse than any time he got sacked playing football, even worse than that was this strange creature standing over him in his dazed state.

"Tamer....." Adrian heard a voice; it sounded faint but was obviously coming from close by.

"Tamer!...." the voice got louder but Adrian was still a little disorientated, scratching and shaking his head. It seemed as if no one was even around despite the fact not all New Yorkers are friendly he doubted the fact that they would just walk by during a time like this. Adrian definitely chose the wrong day to be on the ground at the edge on an alley.

"Tamer!!..." louder and louder each time, more and more frustrating and Adrian still didn't even know who was talking to him.

"Will you shut up!" Adrian couldn't even shout like he wanted to, it was more of a week mumble instead. "And will you turn off that damn light!!" the light he was speaking off was coming from a red and black device being held by the little creature. Adrian finally seemed to have snapped out of his disorientation slowly opening his eye and stared down the red lion-like creature in it's face.

"You can't really be my tamer" Coronamon held Adrian by the collar of his jacket obviously upset about the situation at hand. Contrasting emotions would be found on Adrian's side of things, his face showed more fear and surprise than anything else. He was being held at the by this thing and it was just shouting in his face even Adrian would get nervous at a time like this.

Adrian was at a loss for words, face to face with this red creature "I--- Wh---"

Old June 29th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Nideous

???

She smelled someone nearby. Granted, she smelled many people nearby, but this one was different. She picked up the bag again and padded off after the scent, growling.

Quincy Marley
Ep 1 pt 2

Quin finally got to his feet and shook his head. He was feeling better already. Hmm... Maybe he should try and find some money or something. Something he could use? Nah... Stealing clothing was fine, but stealing money? He wasn't a common criminal! He gathered up his old clothing and tossed them into the bag with his hair and tied it up. He looked out the window and spotted the trash can sitting there. With a smile, he simply walked outside and through it in the trash, to let the garbage men pick it up. He looked again at the broom and shrugged walking away from the house with it. He would have to get rid of it somewhere nearby, because he knew that they would know he was here. Still, no where in the immediate area presented itself so he just kept it with him.

"Grrr..."

He stopped, his hair on his neck popping up. This was a new voice... One he did not recognize. It was eerie, just a growl. He hadn't seen any evidence of a dog near him, so the voice COULDN'T be real, right? He stopped and ducked behind a tree. Hm... Why did he feel so defenseless? so open? So exposed? He gripped the broom tightly, his heart pounding in his chest. This was not going well, he felt so scared and alone. Hm... He heard the growl again, and looked around. He was still in the suburbs, so there could be dogs anywhere. He paused and listened. Why was he listening? He was sure that the voice was in his head! He heard a branch snap behind the tree to the right, and swung the broom around.

"OOF! That hurt you blasted human!" came the startled cry. Quin looked at the odd white little dog... looking creature. Two things, it was not of this world, obviously, and...

"Whoa, you can speak." he said calmly.

"Well DUH! Stupid! Of course I can speak!" the creature said, rubbing it's head. Quin smiled, realizing this was a digimon! She scooped it into a tight hug, laughing happily, a complete change from his demeanor before. Not only was he choosen to have a digimon, which he knew already, but his digimon had actually found him!

"Hey! Lemme go!" the startled creature said. Quin promptly let go as asked, and the startled puppy fell to the ground. It sat down and looked up at him.

"You are a digimon." he said happily, petting it's head.

"Um... Yeah..." the puppy said, giving him an annoyed look. "And you are a human. I decided to make you my tamer!"

Quin cocked his head and then brightened up, sitting down as well. "Capital idea! With your help I can change the world. No one will be able to stop me now!" he said happily. "Oh what is your name little guy? I am Quin."

"I'm a girl you big human! And what's a name?" she said giving him a pouty look. Without missing a beat Quincy smiled at her. "Oh of course you are, but that was an expression, a phrase that people say, a sort of dialect. and a name is what you are called. What are you called miss?"

"Uh... Salamon..." Salamon said, looking at Quincy oddly.

"Excellent! Then we must be on our way!" Quin said standing up.

"Nuh-uh! We gotta find some stuff I was carrying!" Salamon said urgently. She got to her paws and sniffed around. Quin looked at her curiously.

"Why?" he asked.

"Cause its important!" she said.

"Then why did you drop it?" he said curiously.

"Cause some idiot hit me with a big piece of wood!" she said, angry now, still searching for her belongings. Quin nodded, not even noticing her sarcasm or anger, and began to help her look as well.
What is real? What is truth? Is it something you can touch? Can you see it? Find it? Hold it in your hands? What is true for you is not always the truth for someone else.

Last edited by Nideous; June 29th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old June 29th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Chalifoux
:: Like FROO-OO-OO-OOT ::
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Nikholas Parsson

Insert Serious Title Here.

Part The First: Meep!
New York City... No Comments
Theme: True Love - Ke$ha

A happy Nikholas bounces from left to right between the masses of people in the sidewalks. Limbs atrociously revolting in an unaligned fashion as he whistles to a song he's only heard one, but deems as very appropriate, occasionally singing along now and then.

"Is this true love, is this true loOoOove!" He ends with an acute yell that could make everyone's eyes bleed... if they cared enough to actually pay him some attention. But in New York, who cares?

Hey! I don't know that song!

That voice again. He had barely noticed it since it caused him to almost screw things up with Natalie a while ago... Although it's not as annoying when it's not singing along to awful songs. In fact, it is almost delightful to listen to--

Down here on the deep blue sea!... Spoke too soon.

"Who the hell are you?" Nikk silently asks as he sighs.

Who the hell are YOU? Stupid. Annoying.

"I asked you first!"

I asked you second! Stupid, pointless, annoying voice... Whatever. Nikk wasn't going to talk to this voice again. Not even if his life depended on that. He had decided on that. If he ignored the voice, it would eventually go away, right? And so, with his thoughts in place, he resumed his power bouncing across the crowded streets of New York. Heading home now so that he was to go back to his tedious everyday routine.

Lettice asking stuff.
Mom and Dad ignoring him.
Babysitter in turn being stupid.
And his brother Owen being as clueless as can be about what's going on... If he is at home, of course...

Yup. Regular life and stuff... As he nears his house in the bustling streets he decides to kick a random can in the ground in order to release how frustrating his routine is. And as the can is propelled into the dark realms of a nearby alley, the voice returns with a boosted anger.

HEY! Watch it! ...Freaking passersby!

"Huh?" He replies in confusion upon hearing the chocking voice yelling at some guy who threw a can at him... Was it? No, he has clearly lost it. It can't be right, so-

Yes, you! I can see you from here! Think you're so rough, huh?!

"Uh..."

Oh, sorry, I'm just dealing with some punk that threw a can at me. Freaking children, get away from my land of concrete and shadows!

"Yeah..." Nikk scratches his head in confusion, "This simply cannot be right, but..." Nikk takes a few steps into the domains of the alley. The city was all shiny, bright and stuff but the alley itself was eerie and gloomy, it looks like no one has ever taken the time to lift the hordes of trash around, and the smell that pervades thru the air is a mix of both rotten eggs and Cheetos. As Nikk comes closer to a black, wide, rectangularly-shaped trash container, he proceeds, "That's probably me..."

What?! A white ball of slime jumps from a side of the container. Big, bubbly eyes that were a deep black and a set of tiny wings that didn't move at all, "Meep!" Yells the strange creature as it bounces in joy. Oh my god! It's you! ♩I'm so excited.♪ ♫And I just can't hide it.♬ ♭I'm about to loose control and I think I like it!♮

"Wait a sec..." Nikk makes a pause as he places his hand in his chin, thinking... Where has he seen creatures like this before... A comic, a figurine, the new? The news! That's right! Some kids who did stuff with these weird Digi-something creatures. Digidogs, or something, that has to be it!, "You're a Digidog, aren't you?"

"Meep!" Digimon, but yes. Hello!

"... ... I'm calling the police."

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita
:: life could not be much sweeter ::

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old June 29th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Lark smiled a little past the girl, her expression growing thoughtful at the sight of the outstretched hand. She hadn't had a new friend in ages. Or... to be more precise, a friend. "Kit," she chirped, smiling like there was the best present in the world awaiting her. "Nice to meet you!" She shook the other's hand and pulled back quickly, an odd thought reaching her head.

You can't be so lucky...

These things aren't real, you know...

Come on,now, don't drop your guard...

Kit sighed softly and shook her head. It did no good to think of those things now. She had a job to do. Maisie poked her blond head out from the kitchen. "Kit, get your tiny butt out the door. Delivery for that silly retailer on 8th."

"Shouldn't you send me to do it?" Jessie called over. "Kit's about as good with direction as I am with a textbook." Kit flushed and giggled.

Maisie rolled her eyes. "You've got customers and the order's smaller than your pants size."

Jessie scowled. "Man, why are you running this joint again?"

"Cause I don't smoke."

Kit looked between them and chuckled. "Don't fight! I'll do it!" She pulled off the apron and hung it, heading out the door with the box.

As always, New York was busy, talkative. She liked it: it was all she ever knew, all she ever needed to know. Carrying the cake box, she looked around. "Hmm... which way..."

You should give me the cake.

Ehm... this cake was for the customer.

But I want it! I'm gonna come get the cake.

Lark looked around. She didn't know what creature would want a cake with almonds on it with pieces of pecan. Probably a silly creature, whatever it was. She decided to simply keep walking and hope the other person got some sense and decided not to.

That was when she was hit straight in the back of the head by a large, glowing projectile. She squeaked and hit the grass face-first, box tumbling over beside her.

I killed her! Noooo~

Old June 29th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Magic

Episode 1: Kenta

The rustling started again.

Ever since I entered the park I had noticed the sound. It was quiet, distant, but never too far away. Following me, stalking me from the bushes and shrubbery.

Just keep walking, I told myself. My pace quickened, sticking to the elaborate brick path and not daring to look back at my follower. I was only five minutes from home, once I was behind a closed door I could easily call the police and report him, or her.

The rustling started getting closer, I took a sneaky glance backwards but couldn't spot anyone - the whole park seemed to be deserted.

Then a bush in front of me giggled.

"...what?" I asked myself. The bush was far too small to hide a person, or even a child, but it had definitely just laughed at me.

"Chaaaarge!" It yelled, a blur of purple erupting from the foliage and darting towards me, colliding with my legs and sending me toppling to the pavement. The strange creature erupted into laughter. "You fell, you fell," it chanted; I stared at the monster in a daze.

"What?... What are you?" I spluttered.

The puppy-like creature darted closer to me, "What?" it asked, angrily, "WHAT? I'm Dorimon, do-ri-mon!"

That really doesn't answer my question, I thought, eyeing up the odd animal. It's small frame brimming with energy, bouncing from side to side with anticipation and excitement.

The talking, purple, dog-thing was full of surprises, "Let's go home, Ken!"
Old July 1st, 2013, 05:05 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Part B

Well, it's evening now and you are sitting here with this thing. It could already be eating your fridge. What now?

Have you told your parents about the thing? Or your friends? Have you been crazy enough to put it on Facebook? Well, if you have, you might want to be careful. Something is up on the net and whatever it may be, you don't want to be a part of it. Especially when it has a title like Echelon Zwei on its website and any information linked to the word “Digimon”, which the creature keeps repeating, is being erased.

How helpful is that?

At a loss, it's time for the evening news, with a special bulletin.

“Breaking News!”

Oh, that line is never good.

“This is Angela Middleton reporting an explosion in Times Square! I repeat, what appears to be a bomb has been set off in Times Square. Evacuation of all nearby areas has been issued so please pack your things and-what on earth is that?”

As the poor newswoman is reporting, a large glowing hand reaches towards the camera. With a scream, she flees out of view and the picture is cut off. The strange creature, the Digimon, takes this moment to find its way out of your home/apartment and runs off, heading towards, by the look of things, the danger zone.

Well, are you going to follow? I certainly hope so. The strange device that came with the creature won't shut up until you do.

There you will see quite a few beings. That device of yours will quickly identify them.

BlackAgumon

Piyomon.

Liollmon

Boss: Angemon

Well, what can you do? There are others around you, all ready to fight. Are you ready? Here goes!

THINGS OF NOTE

-You CAN interact with other Roleplayers, though good luck.

-You CAN fight the boss, but no killing it until I give the say-so.

-NO evolutions yet. It can't be that easy.

-There MIGHT be a team up to defeat the boss. Fair warning.

Old July 1st, 2013, 05:44 AM
Nideous

Quincy Marley
Unnamed Salamon
Ep1. Pt. 3

It would take hours, but Quin and his Salamon would find what she was looking for. His Salamon. That just made him smile right there. His digimon. He could scarcely believe it. But one look at the emblem in his hand and the device in his other hand was proof. Salamon was his. He looked at the puppy, who was sniffing everything.

"You live here Quincy? Out in the woods? I thought all humans lived in big buildings and had food and everything!" she said, looking a bit disappointed. Quin laughed and rubbed her head fondly, making her give him an annoyed look. He ignored it.

You have a digimon, what now deary? You never thought you would get this far, so what do you do now?

Kill everything.

Shut up you worthless runt! Just because you have power does not mean you flaunt it!

I would flaunt it. With this sort of power you can do anything you wish.

It could be dangerous though. Get rid of it!

Hey something is happening in town!

No, you can't be the only one with this power. The odds are good that you are not alone. Indeed, there is an 84.64690138591 percent chance someone else has a stronger digimon than you.

"But no one is smarter or more clever than me..." Quin mumbled to himself, carrying on a conversation with himself. Salamon's ears perked up and she looked at him.

"Who are you talking to?" she asked. This... Was a rare moment, usually he didn't let anyone see these conversations with himself. They made him look absolutely insane. As he listened to the voices chatting with him and each other, one went unheard, and that was the voice of reason. He smiled and leaned his head back, going to take part in this conversation again, completely ignoring Salamon.

But Dearies, if you hurt someone important that is not good. Come now sweethearts, play nice.

Nonsense!

If you hurt a friend then they won't be able to help you anymore.

"Not really... If you are smarter than them it's easy to get them to do what you want even if they don't know it. It's manipulation, and it's key to getting anywhere in life. Why use force when you don't have to?"

... Because it is more fun?

I do not need to use lies and deceit like a powerless little human! I am Balthazar, the mighty dragon! I take what I want and I do as I please! None can stand in my way!

There's something happening in town!!

Kill, murder, death, destroy! Kill everyone! Let the world burn!

For god's sakes, shut UP!

Hey, Digimaster, you're gonna lose teh digimons.

Quin blinked and looked around. Salamon was running off, barking and yapping at something, heading for town. Quin shook his head and laughed.

Quite an impulsive little runt is she not?

Master Quincy is quite the same.

Watch out, else you will die.

With their words ringing in his ears he ran after the digimon, leaving the bloodstained broom in the trees. He caught up to Salamon as she stopped, and pulled her into an empty building. Startled, she punched him in the stomach, causing him to double over and groan in pain. She whined and looked at him apologetically.

"D-don't worry, i'm ok... But let's hide here, ok little one?" he said, his grey eyes gleaming. He was the first on the scene, and he settled to watch how this would happen right now, curious as to what the other digimon were doing.

"But we gotta go! Those are bad guys!" Salamon protested, her voice lowered. Quin looked at her and smiled a bit, pulling her to him.

"Yes, and no doubt with an attitude like that they would say WE were bad guys. If you act without thinking you may make an enemy that you don't need. So don't get your knickers in a twist trying to fight if you don't have to. Besides, that one looks out of your league." Quin said, pointing at Angemon. Salamon was more confused about his odd words, but she seemed to understand. Yes, the pair would wait and watch, and see what was going on, THEN they would decide whether they would attack or try and make friends or what.

Old July 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM
YogiOne
Fantasy Dreamer

Adrian Fitzgerald

Responsibilities of a Tamer
"So let me get this straight, your a digimon? I'm your tamer? And this thing is a digivice?"

Coronamon nodded in response to each question and so far Adrian wasn't going crazy or was he? Walking down the street like everything was fine, ignore the fact that he was walking beside a digimon and yeah ignore all the stares people were giving them, Adrian didn't even think whatever was going on was real.

These things don't happen, there's no such thing as digimon. Ok Adrian stay calm, It's just a dream, nothing more than a very........very vivid dream. I'll wake up and have a good laugh about this but I'm not going to make anyone know I spent the entire night dreaming about bear claws and digimon

Yup, Adrian had decided to play this off as some sort of crazy dream and that's why he didn't even mind the odd stares from people, It was only a dream what does it matter if they stare for all he cared they could take pictures.

"Tamer, where are we going?"

"I told you to cut it out with that tamer crap, call me Adrian or even Fitzy that's what my friends call me"

"I'm not your friend" Coronamon's words were cold almost as if he didn't even want to be around Adrian but Adrian ignored the tone essentially not wanting to start an argument or something.

"Umm ok...To answer your question we're going to my dad's place, he isn't at home so we should have the place to ourselves"

Coronamon responded with a soft grunt, he really was a hard character to read You say you spent all your time in "our world" searching for me but when you find me your behaving so weird

"Here we are" Adrian pointed out the building to Coronamon and for the first time an emotion other than anger was finally being shown. Coronamon stared at the building with a sort a fascination of a child, wondering to himself what magic allows the door to open and close by itself.

"Are you sure the guard wont pose a problem"

"Guard? You idiot that's the doorman" Adrian headed inside, Coronamon following close behind, and eventually found himself inside his father's apartment, empty like he predicted.

Adrian flung his jacket on a nearby coach, grabbed the remote and turned on the tv "Nascar has never seen a driver like him before John" Adrian scrounged his face after hearing nascar but decided to let it run anyway making his way to the fridge.

"Make yourself comfortable I guess"

Coronamon's eyes were glued to the television screen, definitely not because of the news on nascar but mainly because of the bright lights and colors appearing on the large flat screen in front of him. "Sprite or Pepsi?" no response, Coronamon was still staring at the tv too intently to answer, even if he knew what Adrian was talking about.

"In breaking news though, Trouble at time square as..." Adrian made his way to the coach and watch as the anchor man announced an evacuation of Time Square.

"There here!" Coronamon sprung up from in front of the tv and headed towards the nearest window.

"Be careful we're four stories up" Adrian's attention was still with the news report and listened intently to hear the cause of all the commotion.

"Petit Prominence"

A large crash came from Coronamon's direction, the digimon had set himself on fire and leaped through the window shattering glass in every direction.

"What the hell man!!" Adrian rushed to the window and watched as Coronamon bounced from car to car heading towards the same place being evacuated, Time Square. What was even worse was the bright light and siren like noise coming from his red and black digivice, growing louder and louder the further Coronamon got.

"Damn it!" Adrian grabbed his jacket and ran through the front door, following the directions on the digivice I'm going to have to come up with a really good excuse to explain the broken window, leaving the tv on and two glasses of soda but I'm sure I'll think of something...
Old July 1st, 2013, 03:22 PM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

3 – Natalie Delgado
Theme for this post: “People Like Us”
New York City

Natalie loved the show Medium. She loved the ideas a person being able to see ghosts and using it to solve murders and other cases for the police. Even though it was episodic, she loved how the characters and their relationships seemed to pop out at her. (*cough* Completely nothing like that train wreck that was The Ghost Whisperer) She never thought in a million years that she would ever be in a situation like in the show.

Her phone decided to prove her wrong. For the past twenty or so minute, her phone screamed at her with lyrics from the glee mash up that had played in the middle of the Magnolia Bakery earlier in the morning. As time went on, Natalie wished that the lyrics were in here head like in Medium. However, life wasn’t fair, so the screeching of her phone was heard by everyone she passed by. She was even yelled at by an old man.

“GO NOW GO! GO NOW GO! GO NOW GO-”

“Oh no, not down an alley,” Natalie muttered in the middle of a busy sidewalk. Many people were staring at her with annoyed eyes.

“GO NOW GO! GO NOW GO! GO NOW GO….”

“Oh okay, fine,” Natalie sighed. She walked through the tight space of an alley way. The song went on and on for a while and once she made it to the other side the song stopped. She looked at her phone, “Seriously? That’s it? You put me through an alley way, a place where I can get raped, for nothing? No dead body? Nothing-”

She was then sent flying and hit the ground.

“Who put this wall here?”

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old July 1st, 2013, 06:07 PM
Nickle4aPickle

Kali Rose
"Kit, eh? I'm Kali," She smiled, but their happy moment was interrupted by the manager. Kali decided to let the girl get back to work, not to mention finally eat her beloved muffin.

~*~

"Allons-y, tout le monde!" Madame Dubois clapped her hands loudly to be heard over the din of the small bakery. "We have lots to see and little time!"

Everyone groaned as they wearily got to their feet and shuffled out. Kali shoved the last bit of her muffin in her mouth, and grabbed her hot chocolate cup as she headed out the door.

~*~

As the day wore on, Kali had lost track of all the sites they'd seen. She was thankful to have taken lots of photos both with her camera and her phone so she could recall the memories later.

The class ate at a wonderful little Italian restaurant in the evening. The food was excellent, and the staff even treated them to a mini-concert! Kali thought they were very talented.

"Next stop: Les Misérables!" Madame announced as she stood up to put on her jacket after the bill was paid. The kids all cheered, and everyone hurried out of the eatery as quickly as they could.

"WAH!" Kali heard as soon as she stepped down onto the side walk. Her eyes quickly darted back and forth to see who made the sound, and she saw Crystal on the ground. Kali rushed over to see if she was OK.

"Crystal!" She bent down next to her friend and held out her hand.

"Thanks, Kali," Crystal winced as Kali helped her up. "Agh!" Her free hand shot down to her right ankle.

"Oh, goodness!" Kali gasped as Crystal knelt down to inspect her ankle. "Madame! Crystal needs help!"

Madam Dubois rushed over and looked at Crystal's ankle. "Oh dear, looks like it could be sprain-"

Kali didn't hear the rest of Madame's discovery - something hit her in the face and bowled her back.

"Hi!" Kali grabbed the soft... thing that was clinging to her face and pulled it off her. The first thing she saw was an adorable face with huge baby blue eyes. The next thing she saw was her classmates and teacher staring at her and the creature she was holding.

"Hi! Cupimon is Cupimon, and you're Cupimon's Tamer!" the creature giggled, and Kali just starred. "What your name?" Cupimon asked when Kali didn't respond. "Cupimon can't just call you 'human!'"

"I, uh... I'm Kali. What's going on?" Kali held the squishy creature in her hands gently as she sat up.

"Cupimon doesn't know, Miss Kali, but we've gotta go that way!" Cupimon pointed one claw in the direction of Times Square, the opposite way of the theatre.

"What?! Why? We're going to see Les Mis right now!" Kali was getting anxious; was this little angel-like animal going to make her miss the show she'd been looking forward to since last year?!

Yes, yes it was.

"Something big is happening, and we need to be there for it!" Cupimon stretched its arms as far as it could to try to convey just how big the event was. Kali took a breath, then looked at her stunned teacher and classmates.

"Kali, go," Crystal insisted.

"I'll take care of her," Madame Dubois knew that Kali would rather stay to take care of her friend.

"Hey everyone!" Classmate Ryan called out. "There really is something happening!" Ryan rushed right over to Kali, and showed her the news broadcast on his phone.

Kali looked at Cupimon, and Cupimon nodded. She took a deep breath.

"Times Square it is!"

tumblr.//dA//twitter//youtube//raptr

Scraggy face edit by me
Old July 2nd, 2013, 08:21 PM
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

Nikholas Parsson

Part The Second: Meep. Meep? Meep!
NYC, by@tch!

"Hey Nick, what you got in there?" A more-than-usually-curious Lettice asks as she catches a glimpse of Nikk running across the hallway of their apartment, squashing a mysterious figure as he enters his bedroom and locks the door, "It is none of your business, Lettice!" he ends as he abruptly throws the slime Digimon at his bed.

"Fine, jeez!" Her voice begins fading as he begins several curses towards his figure... and now he wasn't hearing them. But he was sure she hadn't stop cursing him. As he decides to focus his sight back on Pupumon, he notices a set of purple bubbles that now float across his room.

"Wow, what's THAT?" He says as he watches the spherical shapes reflect the lights of the big apple.

No! Don't touch them! You'll *hic* regret it! *hic*. So the thing had hiccup now, huh? That makes sense, seeing as how a new bubble comes to life with every hic. HIC!

"Ah... whatever, I guess you can stay. You could even eat my homework, haha!"

"Meep!" What's homework?

"Ugh... Nevermind."

"Meep! Meep! Meep!" The blurb is suddenly bouncing all around.

"Fine, I'll explain it to you, you see--"

"Meep! Meep!" No, no, no! It's not that! We need to get moving!

"And people deliver this homework thing to their teachers so that--"

"Meep! Meep!" Shut up! I'm telling you we need to go!

"And that's how Britney learned to dance!"

"MEEEP!" SHUT UP!

"Fine! Maybe she didn't learn that way, but--" No! That's not it! We need to get going! People are in trouble!, "What? No! I barely snuck you here! I'm sure they can handle!"

No!. The slime creature hops in a surreal way from bubble to bubble, finally making its way into Nikks shirt.

"No, no, agh!"

"W-What's going on in there?" Lettice asks Lolita as they both stand worried in front of the door of Nikk's bedroom.

"The birds and the bees, Lettice..." Lolita adds as she sighs and makes her way to the kitchen, "The birds and the bees..."

And just as fast as he was inside, he dashed outside his bedroom with a small bag over his shoulders.

"So he's fast, huh?"

"What?"

"Nevermind, dear, sweet Lettice!"

Run, run, run! The people of Times Cube needs us!

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Last edited by Chalifoux; July 2nd, 2013 at 09:40 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2013, 09:28 PM
Colony
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Gavin "Rhodey" Rhodes
Mokumon
Ep1//PrtB//Sub1

A few hours had passed since Rhodey and Mokumon had met. Within that period of time Rhodey had figured out how to keep Mokumon entertained (simply playing his guitar sufficed) and in return Mokumon explained that it was a Digimon, and it also explained about the digital world. Unfortunately, Mokumon did not know why it was in the real world, but it did know that it was possible to get back to the digital world, even if it didn’t exactly know how to do it.

Rhodey quickly found himself attached to the cloud of smoke known as Mokumon. The whole idea of creatures from another world was exhilarating for Rhodey, and it really showed. His face was always lit up in excitement, and he constantly asked questions about the little Digimon’s world. Granted he rarely got a sufficient answer, but when he did his eyes glimmered. Everything had been going really well until the explosion could be heard. That’s when things got really out of hand.

The roar of a bomb could be heard about five blocks away, Rhodey figured it was Times Square, as it was near that area. Mokumon had been in a much more relaxed state up until that point, but once it heard the explosion it went for the door. The little puffball couldn’t get through the door, and as a result it started blowing massive amounts of smoke in the building, thus causing the room to fill up. The air was getting harder to breath for every second that passed until finally Mokumon stopped and looked at Rhodey.

“We gotta go over there, we gotta.”

Rhodey just looked at Mokumon with the weirdest expression, which contained intrigue, confusion, and astonishment. Instinctively, Rhodey reacted. He walked towards the door, and while doing so a flood of feelings washed over him ranging from fear, excitement, curiosity, and most importantly that unnerving sense of the unknown. They rushed out the door on to the busy streets, only they weren’t busy anymore. Instead a lot of people were fleeing away from Times Square. Mokumon gestured Rhodey to follow him, and he did just that. People passed by from either side, like buffalo stampeding away from a pack of hunters. One wrong move could cost Rhodey a life. Luckily, the crowd thinned out the further he got and by the time they had reached the square it was desolate, mostly desolate that is.

Four Digimon were centered on Times Square, but one in particular out sized them all, it even outsized Rhodey. The massive Digimon had the appearance of an angel, which seemed very ironic in retrospect. There were also a black dinosaur, a big pink bird, and a little lion with a Mohawk. This entire situation just got weirder every second that went by. Rhodey and Mokumon stood there almost stunned by what was happening. The bird Digimon saw Rhodey and Mokumon. Nearly at the same time the little device that was Rhodey’s tuner beeped. He quickly grabbed the item and checked what it had to say. The device had an image of the bird Digimon with a header over it that read “Biyomon.” The bird stared down Rhodey and Mokumon as if it was waiting for their move.

“Please tell me you can fight.” Rhodey whispered.

“Nope, Mokumon can only blow smoke.”

“****”

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old July 3rd, 2013, 08:46 AM
YogiOne
Fantasy Dreamer

Adrian Fitzgerald

Responsibilities of a Tamer pt 2
"Coronamon wait!!!" Adrian weaved through the stationary cars and the few people who were around, the news of the time square explosion had put New York in a state of stand still. At the time Adrian didn't even know why he was chasing Coronamon but the closer he got to the digimon, the less his digivive would beep.

"Tamer?" Coronamon looked behind him as saw that Adrian was chasing him.

"Digimon cooperating with humans" the voice was neither Coronamon or Adrian's.

Coronamon stopped and looked around but he couldn't see where the voice was coming from.

"It's stupid of you to think that you'll be stronger with them than your own kind" the was getting louder, as if it was approaching closer and closer. Coronamon still unable to find the source though...

"Hey Coronamon" Adrian finally caught up, panting and catching his breath.

"So this is your human?" Shifting in the shadows, that was the only indication of where this voice was coming from and slowly a figure stepped out into the light revealing a reptile like creature with jet black skin, it almost look like a small dinosaur on two legs. "Never seen a human so close before"

"Tamer get back"

"Who.........wh--o is this?"

The digivice reacted to Adrian' question and displayed a tiny screen with the unknown digimon's information.

"BlackAgumon, virus type, a rookie like you, its attack is Pepper Breath and that's one attack you don't wanna mess with"

"Well it's accurate at least" BlackAgumon laughed as it stepped closer and closer "When I destroy you two in this alley, I wonder if they'll find your bodies"

Adrian was stone cold, he was now slowly realising that all this craziness is not a dream, faced off against BlackAgumon with no where to run, how will Adrian and Coronamon handle the situation in front of them.
Old July 4th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Nideous

Quincy Marley and Salamon
Ch 1 Pt 4

Quin sighed to himself as a few others showed up. Especially considering that one of the people challenging the "bad guys" couldn't fight back it would appear. Salamon growled softly, her paws twitching. Yes, the rash little puppy wasn't going to wait. She would bound off and join the fray whether Quin wanted to or not. And besides, this was a perfect chance to make some new allies. There was no doubt in his mind that Quin and Salamon would win with the help of those others.

Get ready dearies, young Quincy is going to do something rash.

That is what Master Quincy does I'm afraid. He doesn't think his actions out well enough.

I commend his bravery! Such an action is worthy of a dragon of valor!

KILL THEM ALL!

You rock little dude!

Quin smiled down at Salamon and pet her head, getting her attention. She looked up at him curiously, a look of urgency and nerves on her face. He smiled and nodded, still crouching down to remain unseen. Why was she nervous? Didn't digimon exist to fight? Was she scared of her enemies? No, that wasn't it. Maybe... Was this possibly her first time in a serious fight?

"Don't worry. I'll be right with you, backing you up." he said soothingly. Her face brightened, mainly because they were about to be doing something. She very quickly explained to him what she could do, and he was pleased with it, so he crept over to the door and motioned her over. They snuck around in the shadows, keeping out of sight of the others until they were close to Biyomon.

"Sledge Dash!" Quin cried suddenly, and as the bird thing turned to look at him, Salamon was on her way, moving incredibly fast, tackling into the bird digimon. She toppled over him, landing on her face behind him. Both of them struggled to get up and Quin ran over to the other person, who was holding a very small digimon that his digivice identified as a Mokumon.

"Hey! If you can't fight you need to back up a bit. Me and Salamon will handle the bird, but i don't think we can take the big one. Go get help!" Quin said, his face alive as he spoke, sounding like he knew exactly what he was doing.

Old July 4th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

Nikholas Parsson

Part The First: Meep!
NYC, by@tch!
Theme: Hero - Bonnie Tyler

C'mon! We need to help everyone! We must become heroes!

"Going... going..." Nikk said as he stopped in a sudden need for air. Gasping and whatnot, the teenager with poor physical condition then added, "The human body wasn't made for this!"

Let's go! We're almost there! Pupumon just kept bouncing around, eager to finally get to Times Square. His destiny called for him, and from his experiences in human land, his chockign voice began to telepathically sing along to a song by a female human that the slime Digimon deemed appropiate for the situation...

Where have all the good men gone
and where are all the gods?

"You... you seriously cannot be singing that song..." A weak voice from Nikk said between pauses. His spacing between words was each time longer as he was having a harder time keeping up with Pupumon. This was enough excercise for a year... and a lifetime...

Where's the streetwise Hercules to fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?

And then, they were finally there. The crossroads of the world spread in front of them as they turned around a regular and somewhat generic corner in the city. Not only was this place a wreck and not at all like it looked yesterday, but some annoying beeping kept disturbing Nikk. That weird thing that Pupumon gave him when they met... What the hell was it anyways? Well, can't think of it right now, Pupumon himself has already joined the scene along some other young ones.

Die hellspawns! Pupumon ejects his almighty bubble once more with a determined expression. But neither the Liollmon that had made his presence known in front of him didn't seemed to notice... or care about the weak attack.

"Hey! Stay away from him!"

And just like that, the attention of the Digimon strayed away from Pupumon and it now targeting Nikk as their lunch, "Oh... f***..." Nikk then retook his galloping as he was fleeing amongst the ruckus with an annoyed kitten behind him... And a meeping Digimon that spit purple bubble behind them...

This. Is Not. His day.

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Last edited by Chalifoux; July 5th, 2013 at 05:39 AM. Reason: durr hurr hurr
Old July 9th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Magic

Episode 1(B): Kenta

It had all happened so quickly.

I had crept into the house so carefully, the small 'digimon' in my arms, and had just managed to sneak past my sister. Dorimon had insisted that she would love him, I knew that Maki hated most animals - Fido was the one true exception to the rule.

We had just made it to the doorway of my bedroom, safety, when a news bulletin sounded out on the television. I paused, just hoping to overhear it.

“This is Angela Middleton reporting an explosion in Times Square! I repeat, what appears to be a bomb has been set off in Times Square. Evacuation of all nearby areas has been issued so please pack your things and-what on earth is that?”

Dorimon instantly perked up, springing from my arms and darting across the room to the television.

"KEN!" Shrieked Maki, I was definitely right about her pet-hates, "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?" Dorimon seemed oblivious to the screaming, starring at the TV. Without a word, he ran. Out the room, out the flat, out the building. I had no choice to tail him, whilst an angry Maki threw daggers at my back.

The scene at Times Square was chaos. There were other people running around, seemingly confused, as well as more odd-looking monsters. Dorimon was frantic, constantly yelling (possibly to himself) about... well, I'm not sure.

"What a digicrisis!"
"Do somethingggg!"
"CHARGE!"

He flew off in to the distance, careering off towards one of the enemy monsters, when an unusual voice called out behind me.

"Spiral Twister!" I turned to see a flying bird, the size of a large toddler, spouting odd green fire from its beak. The attack singed my coat, I fell backwards in fear.

It shrieked in delight, "How about a double fire." Throwing back its head, the bird readied another attack. Thankfully, someone came to my rescue.

"CHARRGGEE," the purple furball yelled as it flew through the air, knocking the pink chick out of the sky and into a pile of rubble, "That'll learn ya!" Dorimon smirked, cheerfully.

Old July 9th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Grif of Hearts
Que sera sera~

Nature: Naive
The woman had returned home after her trip. The attempt at rest had been heavily disturbed and she thought it best to head back to safer surroundings as quickly as possible. Much to her appreciation her family were not inside. Odd she had first thought, but as it turned out the five other family members that were with her had been out to help with plans for the funeral of the late Francis Calder, if the note was truthful.

Noémi had been left alone. A mixed blessing in most respects, but overall she was glad that she could spend some time in solitude amongst the comfort of her own lodgings.

Almost alone, at least.

Noémi had been boiling water for the past two minutes, a towel wrapped around her head to soak up the water from her damp hair. She watched the electric kettle with great intent, water bubbling inside and streams of vapour leaking from the spout. Her face was only inches away from it, elbows supporting her as she leaned over the counter and fingers rubbing her temples. Noémi was showing the early signs of a headache and tea was always a good way of discarding it.

While Central Park was a pretty enough place it was far from eventful. Tossing and turning for twenty minutes her body teased her with the idea of sleep, but every time Noémi’s eyelids drooped shut her body jolted back to life, whether by the yelling of children playing in the park, an insect buzzing past her ear or on at least one occasion the feel of a ball thrown wide and landing on her stomach. It struck with a little more of an impact than she would have liked.

No, she had to get moving again. She vanished from her position for a moment, taking her things with her,, although returned ten or fifteen minutes later to sit in exactly the same place, now with an ice cream in hand. If there was one thing that Noémi could get used to in the big city was that if you wanted something it would only be ten minutes away. It was a shame the mint flavoured treat had already started to melt, but it tasted delicious. Noémi sat, eating for a moment.

Stuffing what remained of the cone into her mouth and licking the melted ice cream off of her fingers, Noémi wanted to attempt another nap. Yet, the world seemed intent on distracting her. There was more screaming, likely of some child that had fallen over and scraped their knee. Noémi’s shins used to be littered with gravel and scratches where she had fallen over, being somewhat more adventurous in her younger years. She paid it no heed, her body finally feeling ready to rest.

But it continued, followed by the sounds of splashing. They all but replaced the screaming for help. Noémi pushed herself up, scanning the park and wondering if she would even be able to see the source of the sounds. She could. The lake, as lovely as it was, appeared spoiled by frantic splashing and flailing.

Someone was drowning.

Gripping the handle of the hot kettle, Noémi poured the steaming water into a brightly coloured mug and with her other hand she stirred with a metal tea-spoon. The clear water turned a deep, delicious shade of brown. She was tempted to drink it all right there and then, but her tongue was clearly not. Her tongue burned at the first sip. Noémi added a dash of milk before she picked up the bright blue mug and tested it against her lips again. Perfect.

With both hands wrapped tightly around her cup of tea, she cautiously made her way through the doorways of the kitchen and into the hall. It didn’t stop her from spilling it, but she tried her best. Releasing one hand from her drink, the skin on the palm of her hand feeling so hot that it may have just melted into the ceramics, Noémi turned the handle to the guest room.

Fitting five extra people into a house built for two had been a stretch, but it was not impossible. The guest room contained one double bed which had been inhabited by the two twins and two travel beds had been brought to give Noémi and her older brother somewhere to sleep. Their parents would have been in the living room if they were still in the building, the sofa pulling out into a bed of its own. It was crowded but not ridiculous, and the family were somewhat comfortable.

Noémi did not find a place to perch on her travel bed, finding it too low down, but instead on the more comfortable double bed. The duvet was slightly pulled back, a sign of a shoddy attempt at making the bed. Noémi found herself slipping under the bedsheets. And here she stared.

Just staring.

And still staring.

Staring at the yellow… thing on her bed. It was about the size of a cat curled up into a ball, and was covered in soft cream fur. This fur was messy, clearly not having been taken care of particularly well. Two protrusions sprouted from the side of its head, each one like feathers or fins, and it looked on with a blank expression. It looked up at Noémi and blinked twice.

Noémi’s response was far from immediate. She sat, frozen in place, watching the spectacle. Fast reactions and impulse movements had never been her forte. She waited for someone to rush to the rescue of this individual, but none came. Nobody leapt into the lake or even stared in panic as Noémi did.

The woman’s eyes glanced over her surroundings, briefly deviating from the splashing and the paddling. Noémi searched for someone willing to help, but much to her surprise she saw nobody. The once vibrant and populated lakeside was barren and empty. No couples strolled with hands locked and no dog walkers were led by their pets down the paths. She couldn’t even hear the sounds of cars on the streets surrounding Central Park anymore. Noémi only knew that everyone else seemed to have vanished, leaving only herself to save this person. Maybe it was a chance to prove her worth, an opportunity granted by some higher power, she thought. Noémi believed it was far more likely that she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So she decided to do something, and in seconds she had arrived at the side of the lake, shoes kicked off and her toes hanging just over the edge. Her legs carried her quickly when they needed to. Peering into the murky depths the water did not appear to be quite as crystal clear as Noémi had hoped but it was pleasant enough to look at. It would be freezing, that much she could tell, but she leapt in anyway.

Icy cold water filled every crevice of her body, soaking her skin, gripping her hair and clinging to her clothes. Her movements felt sluggish, but at the same time the weightlessness made her feel so graceful. It was an unpleasant experience. For a while Noémi accepted that a higher power had called her here, but it was less a test of worth and more a chance to revel in her torture. Yet she swam, forcing herself through the thick gloop.

Kick then paddle. Kick than paddle. Front crawl, although done with more enthusiasm than she had ever mustered up before. Noémi never claimed to be the strongest swimmer and her form lacked skill but she was capable, and with no current it wasn’t unlike pushing herself through the waters of a swimming pool. Her eyes were closed, held firmly in place, not wanting to get the lake water into her eyes, instead relying on the sounds of the person to guide her. There was less splashing, and it worried her, but she still had a guide.

Then she bumped into the drowning person, feeling the body react to her presence by trying to cling on to her. Pointing in their direction Noémi threw out a hand, gripping onto what felt like an open fist. Flat and with fingers. Her fingers wrapped around it tightly and instinctively and Noémi pulled.

What she dragged back to shore was certainly not a drowning child.

“So you’re a… Digimon?” Noémi rolled the word around her tongue for a little while, getting to grips with the pronunciation. It was a strange word, but it felt familiar.

Upamon nodded. For a small ball of fur that looked like a stuffed animal, Noémi had expected Upamon to be a little more upbeat than he actually was. In fact he was rather somber, not rude but she would have struggled to call him friendly. He had followed her back home but seemed reluctant to do so. He had refused any offers of food since they had gotten in but when Noémi slipped away for a moment shortly after they arrived she found Upamon rummaging through the cupboards for something to eat. He now sat comfortably on top of a towel which had been lain out on the bed, just so his still damp fur didn’t soak the bed sheets.

Noémi was somewhat more interested in the device that Upamon was carrying. He never seemed to have it when she had pulled him from Central Park lake, but as soon as he was on solid ground he had it held tightly between his teeth. It was white and silver, possessing a screen, a few buttons and a strap. Upamon had called it a Digivice, but unfortunately knew little about its use. Just that it was important. Noémi thought it looked like a toy.

Attempting to get more information out of Upamon, Noémi swiftly gave up and began to sip her tea quietly. Occasionally Upamon would make a peep, but seemed more interested in just watching the human before him. His stare was unnerving and refused to move.

This carried on for a few moments more. Noémi feared that her family would arrive before she had come up with a decent excuse for why this yellow blob had taken up residence in their home. The temptation to pass it off as a toy was almost unbearable, but she doubted it would ever work. It looked far too organic. Every creak she assumed was the turning of the handle of the front door and immediately her body twisted towards the sound, panicking. But they never arrived, and it was in fact Upamon that made the next move. His body quivered as if the room suddenly dropped ten degrees.

“We need to go,” he said, although offered little explanation. Upamon pushed himself forwards with his fins, sliding off of the bed and onto the floor. He bounced along through the door and out into the next room.

Noémi followed him into the hallway, tearing the towel from atop her head, throwing it back into the guest room and letting her hair fall loose. It still looked as if she had dunked her head in a swimming pool, but for the most part she was fine with it. She tied it back with a hairband, making it look less unkempt.

“Not until you tell me where you want to go.”

Upamon pouted as her pivoted to face her, although his eyes immediately turned to Noémi’s hand. She still gripped the device by the strap, and the screen was glowing a brilliant white. “Wherever it says to go,” he said, and watched intently as Noémi moved forward to unlock the door.

Noémi pulled up the device as Upamon darted down the stairs, examining it. The screen showed a map of New York city, and a pathway was emblazoned across it. Curiosity driving her, she followed it.
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Subsonic
Safe in My Hands

IDK, but it's that post with HICHEW – Natalie Delgado
Theme for this post: “People Like Us”
New York City

Natalie never fathomed that she would ever bring a digimon home. She remembered the times when she would play with her little brother. Fighting each other with their trading card decks that they had thoughtfully constructed from the cards they bought at the shop a few blocks away from their house. So it was safe to say that Natalie wasn’t a complete stranger to digimo and when she was knocked into the ground she knew that the culprit was a digimon, to be specific a blue Salamon.
She soon later found out, that the digimon was running from the pound. You got that right, the pound. How the digimon got mixed up as a stray dog was way beyond her, but once she signed some paper work, she was allowed to take him home. Did I mention that on the way, Natalie fed him hi-chew? Guess who became a hi-chew addict?

Anyways, when Natalie entered her house, it was completely empty. Her younger brother left a note saying that he was going out skateboarding or something. She scoffed when she read it, knowing that he couldn’t skateboard to save his life. Probably out there trying to impress a girl he liked. Or something like that. Allison sent her a text about some party and had begged her to come. After about an hour, she had stopped once Natalie told her that she was going out later with Nick. It wasn’t a complete lie, she was considering going to see Nick about her hi-chew addicted Salamon. After that, a lot of jokes were passed around before it stopped. Aaron was, well, she didn’t know where he was. It wasn’t like he had to tell anyone where he would be anyway, he was an adult now. It didn’t stop Natalie from wanting to know though.

The first thing the blue Salamon did once they entered was to run around trying to find Natalie’s stash of hi-chew and at the moment, they were both sitting in the living room on the couch while the digimon devoured the whole bag of Japanese fruit candy.

“So you really are a digimon huh?” Natalie wondered aloud.

“Ob couse eee em,” Salamon replied, with her mouth full of light multicolored candy.

“That’s disgusting,” Natalie shivered, “So why don’t you walk?”

Salamon stopped and then swallowed all the candy that he stuffed into his mouth, “It’s boring. NO duh.”

“Right,” Natalie deadpanned.

It was then the news flashed across the tv screen about the monsters that were causing a rampage in time square. Natalie recognized a few of them, the digimon, she had seen them on the tv show and some from the cards she and Jamie owned. She casted a glance at her little blue friend to find him staring intently at the screen. It was probably the first time she ever saw him sit still.

“C’mon, let’s go!” Salamon commanded, biting Natalie’s sleeve, attempting to pull her off the couch.

“What do you mean go? Go where?” Natalie exclaimed.

“To the Timey Stare place, of course!”

“Time Square,” Natalie corrected, “WHY?”

“To fight them of course,” Salamon answered, in a tone that pretty much could insult Natalie’s intelligence, “C’mon let’s go!”

“I don-

“You have too! You are my tamer! You are going to help me get stronger so that one day I can just go ‘pow’ on those mean digimon!” Salamon interrupted. The digimon then jumped off the couch and was heading to the door. Natalie sighed, and then stood up to go for the door, but noticed something.

“If we are fighting, don’t bring the hi-chew! You won’t need it!”

Credit: Allstate + Eli Lieb
Old July 11th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Nideous

Quincy and Salamon
Ch 1 Pt 5

Quin's heart was pounding, but his timely entrance helped out and Salamon was happy. He smiled and walked to his pup as more people arrived to join the fight. He knelt down in the midst of the combat, and pet Salamon.

"Good job little pup. Now go save that bubble blowing thing." Quin said, ignoring the Digivice that was constantly buzzing in his pocket. Did that thing ever shut up?

No.

"Huh? Oh the Pupumon? I'm on it! Hiya, time for my Petite Punches!" she cried, bounding at the Liollmon and slamming her fist into it from the side as it focused on the other digimon and it's Tamer. Satisfied, Quin ran forward. He had no idea what the rest of Salamon;'s attacks were so he called out "Petite Punches!" He was also marveling at how silent the voices in his head were. Maybe they were letting him concentrate.

Old July 15th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Chalifoux
Community Supporter

Nikholas Parsson - Ditching Titles Just Because
So... here's the deal. There's this guy, Nikk, m'kay? He found a Digimon or whatever. Squishy, filled with bee-vibe Pupumon. He jumps and throws purple bubble at everyone and everything while singing along to very annoying songs. Nikk is Nikk. And across a series of shenanigans that may or may not be of ones interest we now have them here... being chased around a Times Square that looks like it exploded, with another Digimon chasing Nikk while Pupumon spits bubble in a worthless attempt to stop it...

Same old, same old...

"Don't you not know any better moves?" Nikk protested between gasps as the need for air became more constant. How long had they been running now? An hour? Two?

Five minutes. The human body wasn't made for such exhausting tasks like running...

"Meep!" I'm Pupumon, I don't make miracles! A bouncing Pupumon didn't seem to let go of its trustworthy bubble. Bouncing and spitting bubble, like a boss. The ferocious Lyollmon that was chasing Nikk couldn't be caring less about the obnoxious slime behind him. Oh, wait, it just did.

"Enough of this, food!" The tiger-esque being of wide eyes and a piece of jewelry adorning its neck finished as it jumped and readied it claws for its feast. And as per all dramatic scenes, gravity decided to have some fun and made Nikk trip over some random rock.

"Ack!" Pain. He won't be able to stand up again. Dust. The place smells horribly. Desperation. This might just be it. A sneeze, Bless you, "Shut. Up. Stupid. Thing..." With his last breath he decides to now accept his face. Eyes closed, breath in hold, sweat running wild across his face. Pupumon a few meters away doing a derpy face... And that obnoxious device beeping. Deaths can be a lot better than this, y'know?

"Time for my Petite Punches!"

A puppy thing. A slammed tiger. A day saved. And it wasn't because of Pupumon... Stupid thing. It can't stop throwing bubble even if its life depended on it. Regardless, Liollmon was now out of their sight, probably hiding while recovering from the punch on its side, but Nikk couldn't care less about it. Air entering his lungs, a precious elixir that made it clear he was still alive Gasping in relief, he stands up. Dirt had now made it's home in his back, thing which he wasn't aware of. All he wanted to do was to thank his savior and his pup.

"I... Thanks. This thing over here is just... hopeless." He says as he stares in a mild rage at Pupumon. I did my best! And I was badass! You know it's true!. Nikk ignored him this time along as he wiped away the sweat of his forehead from his hand.

Same old, same old.

Chalifoux
Living La Dolce Vita

Private Message
Friend Code
Logbook
IGN
Trade Reviews
Pair

Old July 15th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Fuyu
Battle!

Bounce. Bounce.

She watched as the creature bounced happily up and down on Jake’s bed, stubby legs up in the air. Kit was fascinated. It was so cute and chubby! Thankfully, it kept the excited barking toned down to a dull yelping. Lark swung on her hammock, blue eyes curiously wide. In her hands was a very odd device, a... Digivice apparently. Weird name. She liked it though. It was a bunch of pretty colors.

Last she remembered, dreams always had things with pretty colors.

She shook her head and turned on the television. Jake let out a grunt from the other side of the room. “Keep the volume low, okay kitty cat?”

“Got it~” Xiaomon barked at her and she shushed it. Xiaomon. What a silly name. it was pronounced “Shao”. How weird.

For a few moments, she ignored the TV, going back to the drawing on her dresser. She usually had afternoons off, so she took the little creature home after it had tackled her unconscious. Weird thingy. It had thought she was dead.

Well, she wasn’t dead. Whee~

Suddenly, the little dog began to growl out the window. She patted Xiaomon’s form on the head and rose from her hammock. “What’s the matter?”Xiaomon growled again. “I don’t speak bark bark, you know,” Kit informed the dog, looking mildly put out.

“Think he’s saying we’re in trouble kitty cat,” Jake supplied with a small chuckle. “Look.” He had put down his paintbrush to peer out the window. Lark followed his eyes and saw flashing lights outside. The news began to blare and with it, her digivice thingy. Her eyes, transfixed on the unfolding images, almost missed Xiaomon bolting out of their apartment door. “Wait!” she shouted, to no avail. Her Digivice screamed in her ear and she winced.

Lark glanced at Jake nervously. “Um... I should...”

“Go after it?” Jake supplied. “Probably. Take the batons with you.” Kit nodded slowly. She didn’t know why Jake would let her go. He always did things like this. Was it a dream thing? She couldn’t understand.

Then again, she probably wouldn’t have time to. Running to her dresser, she pulled two black tubes from the top drawer and looked at them. She hated carrying these around, but considering a glowing hand had broken that camera, it was better to be safe than sorry.

It’s just a dream. You’ll wake up if you die.

Not for the first time, that thought calmed her racing heart.

Lark hurried outside for the second time that day, searching for a bouncing white blob. How hard could it be to find one?... Then again, she did live in New York.

“Rawruff!”

Surprisingly, Xiaomon hadn’t made it very far. Then again, she had some really, really stubby legs. Lark scooped her up and began to run. Extending one of the batons, Lark kept a tight grip on the squirming dog.

“YOu know, it would be easier if you could talk,” she informed the little Digimon, whose barking made sense once every three words. Xiaomon snorted and squirmed free despite Lark’s jokingly iron grip. She bolted into Times Square and barked with fury, running to tackle a small black dinosaur. Lark moved to go after her but a soft cough caught her attention.

An angel floated only a few feet away from her. Looking at it, it did not seem all that hostile. But then she saw its staff and cringed. “Hello there,” it said. Again, she cringed. It was just talking, but she was horrified. There was something about it. Something bad.

“I have a question, little human, if that is what you are. Are you my Tamer?”

Lark, confused, shook her head no. Xiaomon looked and saw her transfixed and growled at Angemon, as if to say: no, she’s mine! MINE!

The angel sighed. “I was afraid of that. Heaven’s Knuckle!” His fist glowed orange and he punched, straight towards her head. Lark screamed and rolled aside, even as Xiaomon barked and yipped in alarm, almost leaving herself open for Black Agumon.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here