< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central Are Pokémon Games Hard?

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.
Sort Threads: Spinoff Central

Reply Post Reply
Old July 28th, 2013 (10:20 AM).
Nature: Timid
I personally think most of 'em are easier than lots of other games I've played. Black 2 and White 2 ramped up the difficult by quite a lot, though, so they're exceptions to that. Hopefully the future Pokemon games will be the same difficulty because I really enjoyed that. o/
Old July 29th, 2013 (7:34 PM).
On the whole, I've always found the "main" games pretty easy. I recall struggling some when I first played through Red, mainly because of my difficulty getting through caves/dungeons. Indeed, I remember restarting my game because I wasn't sure how to get through Mt. Moon. I also recall attempting to Struggle myself to death to get out of the Seafoam Islands (I eventually stumbled across an exit, but with an overleveled Blastoise that only knew offensive moves, all of which OHKO'd any enemy I encountered, I couldn't come up with a faster way to knock myself out). In retrospect, though, the games were only difficult at first because I was young and didn't really know what I was doing.

At some point, several years after I first played Red, I went back and replayed the game. It was interesting to note that it took me about ten to fifteen minutes (while half-asleep) to clear a dungeon (Victory Road) that I had become stuck on for months when I first played through.

The newer games seem easier to me than I recall the older ones feeling when I first played them, but that's likely a product of my increased experience and abilities. Even if the games have shifted from being moderately challenging for, say, an eight year old to being equivalently challenging for a ten year old, I've grown a lot more than that in my fourteen years of playing Pokémon. Frankly, given that Pokémon games are likely geared towards a relatively young audience, I think it's a good thing that I don't find them challenging anymore (particularly in comparison to games I've played that are geared towards an older demographic). Many posters on this forum are likely in a similar position, and hence, the majority of us probably find the games easy. If this forum were made up of eight year olds who had never played more challenging games, we would likely see a different distribution of opinions on this topic.
Diamond FC: 1504 2172 1147
White FC: 1721 2860 5156
3DS XL FC (X): 2466-2669-5197
Old July 29th, 2013 (10:26 PM).
Mega Houndoom, baby!
Nature: Lonely
Difficulty means levels. In terms of strategy, Platinum was the hardest Pokémon game I've played. But I'm sure BW2 in Challenge mode are harder because of the additional strategic element.

Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the day Pokémon pulled a Dallas and jumped the shark.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links