< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse You're promoted!

Notices

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Reply Post Reply

Old June 20th, 2013 (5:13 AM).
Crystal Tier

If you were promoted (to moderator, super moderator, staff administrator, or for some strange reason administrator??), how would you want it to happen? Would you want to be asked, would you want it to be a surprise and be initiated in through a group conversation, would you want it to just happen?

I would want it to just happen. Any other way takes a lot of the surprise out of it for me, and I would want to keep that. For my super moderator promotion, I knew it was coming because it was done the same way that my moderator promotion was done, in a group converstation. So if I were to be promoted to a staff admin, I would want it to be completely random and just log on one day and see red.

Relevant Advertising!

Old June 20th, 2013 (6:23 AM).
s c a r l e t
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
If I return, am deemed a worthy contender and am offered the position again then I'd say that I'd want it to be a surprise too. :p Things are much more interesting that way. And as much as I love the idea of preserving those promotion PMs for years and stuff, I don't think I'd be as excited if I saw it coming before it actually happened.
Old June 20th, 2013 (7:31 AM).
for my shooting star 🌠
Platinum TierCS

Nature: Quiet
I don't care how it happens really. I like to be taken by surprise, and that's that. I love surprises in and out of itself, so being taken off-guard while it happens is definitely the way I'd want it to happen, haha.
pair
an enigma of colours and dreams beyond.
Old June 20th, 2013 (8:05 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I think a PM with a message saying "hey you wanna be a mod?" is just boring, I want to get modded in like a multi-convo, or maybe they could make a joke about me (like they did when Tabor was modded) or even like in Cid's case a few months back, the PC Battle Server. I'd want something that can make me curious yet anticipated at the same time.
Old June 20th, 2013 (8:09 AM).
Back to PC~
Silver Tier

I would be surprised pretty much no matter how I'd find out, honestly. I've only been around for a few days short of 7 months, and I only am active in a couple of forums.

But yeah I would just go along with whatever is happening, assuming I accepted the offer.
I can't think of a good signature.
Old June 20th, 2013 (8:20 AM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Jolly
I'd rather be surprised about a promotion, but at least with some expectation that I was a candidate.

If I were asked, then I could be easily convincing to myself to decline such a position, then later on reject the fact that I declined and feel upset. So that's why I'd rather be surprised
Old June 20th, 2013 (8:22 AM).
#teamcap
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Treecko
Either way would be fine, but I'd love if it were a surprise the most. I think I'd be a bit more exciting if it happened that way, cause I'd just log on to PC with my name suddenly blue and 20 billion (exaggerating) VMs and PMs. I have a feeling that I'd be somewhat suspicious when being thrown into a random group conversation with a bunch of smods and staff admins. I've heard how staff likes messing with people before they announce they're becoming a mod so it may or may not be as exciting to me. But either way would be a really amazing way to get promoted.
United we stand, divided we fall.
Old June 20th, 2013 (8:23 AM).
Crystal Tier

I'd like to be taken out for a nice romantic candlelit dinner at the Ritz, hear my favourite song come on in the background as I look around to see where my hstaff has gone, and then turn around to see them stood on the stage as they sing the song to me whilst gazing directly into my eyes, before bending down on one knee, taking my hand in theirs, and whispering those sweet nothings that every PC member is dying to hear; "Will you be my moderator?"

Either that, or a VM conversation building up to it like last time was very fun! I loved how I was told masked in an endless list of totally true complements (courtesy of Nick) and I'm vain enough for something like that to be appealing again, though something like a PM saying "Would you like to mod xxx?" would be just as thrilling I think - it was incredibly fun the first time around but I think if it happened again it'd be hard to find the same level of excitement haha.
Old June 20th, 2013 (8:25 AM).
Press F to kick the Undead

Formal PM enquiring as to my acceptance of such a position.
Old June 20th, 2013 (8:31 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush

Nature: Naughty
I would like an e-mail telling me I have been given a job as a mod, I would be very shocked if I was asked to be, after a week of calming myself I would appect the job.
Old June 20th, 2013 (8:57 AM).
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I'd like a helicopter flown directly to my house with every PC staff member. We'd party at my house all night long. I'd also like marching bands parading all around the world, celebrating my PC promotion.

Yes.
"Power through ambition." - Overlord Drakow
Forum Set // Pair
Old June 20th, 2013 (2:46 PM).
#TeamRowlet
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hades
Asked, because it may not be a good time and I wouldn't want to let anyone down ;;
Bow down before the one you serve
You're going to get what you deserve
+ Gallery + Set by the lovely Pebbles <3 +
Old June 20th, 2013 (3:31 PM).
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
I'd want to be asked, of course, but if I agreed then I would love to be knighted with a physical representation of the Banhammer. Maybe an actual hammer.
Old June 20th, 2013 (5:06 PM).
Still missing that hair

I would like to be asked to be a mod (either by PM or VM). My primary goal in a Pokemon forum is to one day become a mod, so I can help protect the forums from spammers, bots, trolls, and flamers. I try to find ways that would help me increase my chances such as trying to win an argument against either a well-respected user or another mod.
R.I.P. Serena's long hair (2013-2015)
Old June 20th, 2013 (6:09 PM).
Crystal Tier

I want the PM sent to me containing everything as follows, the PM being sent from none other than Captain Fabio himself. The message inside doesn't necessarily have to be from Fabio himself but he is the one I want the PM to come from.
Spoiler:
Dear Chris, the staff as a whole are immeasurably sorry for the way we have so, in our ignorance, mocked your contribution to the forum over the years. After much lengthy deliberation, we have unanimously decided to extend an offer to you in order to apologise for five years of grievances. The offer, you ask? The opportunity to mod one out of these three forums; General Entertainment, Chit Chat & Polls or the soon-to-be-released Member Interaction Center. With the recent promotion of Shining Raichu to Super Moderator, the prestigious role of Chit Chat & Poll Moderator has become free, and we could think of no one else but you to fill the spot. Of course, we remembered your love for General Entertainment and would be just as delighted to see you and David working together and raising the forum to degrees of eloquence and hilarity the forum has never seen before. But, Nick himself specifically requested that the MIC be made available to you, as he remembered the constant presence you were in the forum's inception and insists that you at least give the forum a thought. Again, we are so sorry for the way we treated you in the past and we can only hope that this offer remedies some of the defamation you have received as a result of our actions. We love you, Chris.

Signed by Will, Gavin, Nick, Blade, Geoff, Shawn, Marcin, Jess, Jon, Harry, David and our newest Super Mod, Andy.

Don't take this too seriously <3 It's a joke <3
I'm doing science and I'm still alive!
I feel fantastic and I'm still alive!
While you're dying I'll be still alive!
And when you're dead I will be still alive!
Still alive! Still alive.
- GLaDOS (Portal, 2007)
Old June 20th, 2013 (6:13 PM).
Paper plane~
CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
i would lie on the floor and stare to the ceiling!!.......oh,i won't expect it,i won't ask for it!!! what?? i don't like chasing over things tbh -.-
A Caterpie may change into a Butterfree, but the heart that beats inside remains the same.
Brock – Pokemon

Old June 20th, 2013 (6:24 PM). Edited June 20th, 2013 by Dave.
proliferation of spirits and vapor
Crystal Tier

Nature: Naughty
If I was promoted to super moderator, I'd definitely prefer to just log in one day to see that I was promoted.
TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS
Old June 20th, 2013 (8:59 PM).
Gold Tier

Id prefer to be asked, I wouldnt want it to just happen one day, I want time to decide whether or not I wanted the job.
Old June 20th, 2013 (9:59 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antemortem View Post
If I was promoted to super moderator, I'd definitely prefer to just log in one day to see that I was promoted and that's all there is to it.
I'd like to be modded in a way similar to what Dave said here. I'd like to just look at my profile and notice if my name suddenly turned blue or something.
Old June 20th, 2013 (10:39 PM).
the enemy that never dies
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Imperishable
I'd like it to come out of nowhere and to surprise me...I'd freak out for a minute if I logged in and found my name blue one day, but then I'd cry on the inside as I'd have to learn how to be an effective moderator
Palm-Top Tiger

vm | pm
friends
theme
credit

Old June 20th, 2013 (11:03 PM).
i'll take two
Administrator BSCS

Nature: Gentle
Getting modded took me completely by surprise. I wasn't close with many of the hstaff at that point, but we still had group chats on MSN every now and then so it wasn't too suspicious.

S-mod was pretty obvious because an admin at the time had told me a month before that I was up for promotion (I didn't get it that time, lol.) Then like a month later I was up again and got it that time, and the group chat was just full of people I didn't normally talk to, sooo... yeah.

It took me like a whole ten minutes to notice I had been promoted to assistant admin, and the only reason I noticed was because I switched styles while viewing a thread and I was like, uhhhh why are there a bunch of new styles?? haha.

The circumstances around Jess, Mork, and I getting staff admin were pretty peculiar so that was one that I knew was coming (to say the least, haha. the three of us actually promoted ourselves), but it was a full four years after the last promotion and I had never really thought it would happen, so it was kinda surreal.

In retrospect, if given the choice, I would prefer all of my promotions be a complete surprise. Group chats are fun but they don't need to happen BEFORE the promotion. Instead I'd like to sign on to PC, see my username in a new color, and THEN get added to a group chat where everyone is all ~yaaay congrats blah blah~
-430 posts until level up
Old June 20th, 2013 (11:03 PM).
i have no idea what im doing
Gold Tier

I don't really know. I'd like to just log on and see if my username turned another color, but then again, it wouldn't feel official. I'd like to see a PM, but I don't want to read something too official. A simple "Hey, Hannah. Guess what? You just got modded to Chit Chat & Polls (or Discussions & Debates, The Welcome Lounge, General Entertainment, or maybe Art & Design)" would do.

i’m a spark and you’re a b o o m
Old June 21st, 2013 (1:58 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
I want the PM sent to me containing everything as follows, the PM being sent from none other than Captain Fabio himself. The message inside doesn't necessarily have to be from Fabio himself but he is the one I want the PM to come from.
Spoiler:
Dear Chris, the staff as a whole are immeasurably sorry for the way we have so, in our ignorance, mocked your contribution to the forum over the years. After much lengthy deliberation, we have unanimously decided to extend an offer to you in order to apologise for five years of grievances. The offer, you ask? The opportunity to mod one out of these three forums; General Entertainment, Chit Chat & Polls or the soon-to-be-released Member Interaction Center. With the recent promotion of Shining Raichu to Super Moderator, the prestigious role of Chit Chat & Poll Moderator has become free, and we could think of no one else but you to fill the spot. Of course, we remembered your love for General Entertainment and would be just as delighted to see you and David working together and raising the forum to degrees of eloquence and hilarity the forum has never seen before. But, Nick himself specifically requested that the MIC be made available to you, as he remembered the constant presence you were in the forum's inception and insists that you at least give the forum a thought. Again, we are so sorry for the way we treated you in the past and we can only hope that this offer remedies some of the defamation you have received as a result of our actions. We love you, Chris.

Signed by Will, Gavin, Nick, Blade, Geoff, Shawn, Marcin, Jess, Jon, Harry, David and our newest Super Mod, Andy.

Don't take this too seriously <3 It's a joke <3
Spoiler:

Any way, being promoted to Super Moderator took me by complete surprise to the point I just sat with my mouth open for a bit. But how would I want it to happen? By surprise. I prefer not being told about it until it happens or it being hinted at.
Old June 21st, 2013 (4:55 AM).
ATTACKonTITAN
Platinum Tier

The sad thing is, I literally cannot remember my most recent promotion. I can remember my first two though. Reason being is that the first time was actually quite fun, it was what... 3 years ago now? Wow. Anyway, it was pretty fun at the time as I had a real strong interest in PC and was really in that honeymoon period with it. Not to mention that the same week was one of my the best weeks of my life around that. Morkula & Will basically kept me up until 2AM before they modded me, then I stayed up for aaaages. It was a lot of fun, group conversation, looking over all the amazing things Parallelzero had to say about me (very entertaining), and generally being pleased by the blue colour I had for a username. The second time was a stark contrast, as I came back after 6 months due to quitting over the stress of exams. It was literally "okay Gav you're a mod again, don't muck up."

If I ever got promoted again due to some madness, I'd like to do something like a group Skype call. When we modded Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers, I called her on Skype for a chat, from which I linked her to post in the staff rooms saying "Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers, will you marry me?", from which I began to congratulate her on being a mod again. Then added some of the other staff to the call, which was quite fun. Something similar to that would be simple enough but would be perfect for me. I'd appreciate that just as much as some big massive ceremony so to speak!

I do also one day wish to promote somebody in person, bring them out to lunch or something. I know it sounds silly, but now I've done it through PM, real-time conversation, phone call, and need to knock in-person off my belt!

abnegation

paired to adventure
there's always something
worth waiting for
Old June 21st, 2013 (5:23 AM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I'd rather live a life out of knowing that the upliftment of a minor, such is never possible, will never happen. I would like to have a life of extreme simplicity here, along with all the other forums that correspond to this one.

If, and I ever repeat this word, if I become a moderator I would switch out immediately, or try making an effort and if I find out I'm not a complete fail, then I would stay as one.

Regarding to the news, I would just have a simple PM, since my PM box is practically empty and that's the only way I get startled.
~
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links