Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Team Flare Discussion | X and Y Fanmade Battle Theme!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old June 20th, 2013 (08:24 AM).
//TheEternalSushi

Nature: Bold
Do you guys think that there's going to be another evil team in this game? Or do you think there's going to be more like a gray area like Plasma? There's always the possibility of having a good guy turning bad...so what do you guys think about that one?

If you're interested, composer ElectricMudkip and I have created a fanmade battle theme for the so-called 'evil leader'!

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old June 20th, 2013 (08:58 AM).

I could see a scientists team that want to know more about the DNA of the lengendaries and maybe even the new discovered fairy type. They can end up making a new pokemon like Mewtwo and Genesect. But I think they gonna change how the team will work to not copy the past one since they seem to change about everything for now. I'm sure they will surprise us.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old June 20th, 2013 (01:09 PM).
Ice Cream

Nature: Jolly
I really hope that the bad guys are scientists! Kind of like the blonde dude form Black/White 2. That would fit the X and Y theory.
Old June 20th, 2013 (02:31 PM).

Nature: Jolly
I was thinking it would be interesting if the evil teams main goal centred around humanity rather than pokemon. It would be an interesting twist.

Like if they wanted to mind control the populace and since pokemon were immune they had to be destroyed.

Or if they wanted to cause conflict between humanity and pokemon. Cause humanity and pokemon to trust each other less.
Old June 20th, 2013 (02:58 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
There are the DNA symbols in the Logo. They must mean something.

I would like the evil team grunts to be Failed Trainers who lost to a particular Gym Leader, or to the Elite 4. (depending on for far in the game they are.) They are juvenile delinquents who want revenge on the Gym trainers that defeated them. They are rallied to action by an Evil Villain Mastermind.

Scientists are always cool in Pokemon, since there is so much magic too. It makes some nice contrast.

What if the Villains are magic-oriented? They have harnessed the power of Fairy-Type Pokemon and the Tech-Based Kalos trainers can't compete with the Mystical advantage the Villains have.

In order to defeat the Villains, you must lean such ancient secrets and bond with the most powerful Fairy of them all, Xerneas!

What about that?
Old June 20th, 2013 (03:06 PM).
'Cause why not?
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I know a lot of people won't like this idea but I wouldn't mind a return of Team Rocket. I don't know how the main legendaries would fit in with this, but then again, the game could be made in such a way where they wouldn't have to.

Old June 20th, 2013 (03:15 PM).
//TheEternalSushi

So you think it's basically like Plasma but oriented to DNA research to create genetically enhanced Pokemon? Seems like an overly used idea though...

TR's return actually does sound interesting after a few gens without em.

"Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere" - Anton Ego
Old June 20th, 2013 (03:20 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Aren't you guys forgetting that we need a female team leader(not counting spin offs) for once?~ Oh yeah, and for the main legendaries, lots of people(including me!) think that Yveltal and Xerneas are life and death. And contributing to that idea, maybe the evil team wants to reach immortality?
Old June 20th, 2013 (07:35 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Adding to that, and the DNA theme, it could have to do with the "aging" and "immortality" genes. Maybe it could be a modern genetic take on what alchemists from the late middle ages tried to accomplish using a mix of magic and chemestry, only it'll be magic (Xerneas/Yvetal) and science.
Old June 20th, 2013 (11:16 PM).
WUB WUB
Gold Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
The scientist idea is pretty nice and fitting to the theme, but they would need to be some kind of cult i think, who want to experiment on Pokemon, although it's illegal, to reach some goal, like immortality

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old June 21st, 2013 (03:40 AM).
//TheEternalSushi

Immortality is cliche but it hasn't been used in Pokemon. Maybe by changing genetics? Finding a 'fountain of youth'? I think it's possible.

Old June 21st, 2013 (08:46 AM).

They could try to do something with Xerneas and Yvetal to be able to make the philosopher's stone.

3DS Friend Code: 4742-5798-2881
XY IGN: Yvonne | Friend Safari: Water | Slot1: Octillery Slot2: Wartortle Slot3: Frogadier
Old June 21st, 2013 (08:53 AM).
//TheEternalSushi

Hm, reminds me of alchemy, da philo stone. There were also rumors about this 'Team Gear' thing and time travel. What do you think about that one?

Also what'd you guys think of the battle theme? //shot

Old June 25th, 2013 (11:40 AM). Edited June 25th, 2013 by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire.
Silver Tier

I don't think Time travel will be the evil theme/goal this time around, would've worked best with gen 4 or even gen 2 with their time-power using legendaries.

Also that rumor sounds familiar, like one that has already been disproven a long time ago.

I don't think Time travel will be the evil theme/goal this time around, would've worked best with gen 4 or even gen 2 with their time-power using legendaries.

Also that rumor sounds familiar, like one that has already been disproven a long time ago.
Old July 10th, 2013 (10:32 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Nature: Lax
Well, from this month's CoroCoro, it's been revealed that the new team is called Team Flare/Flair, and that their motivation is to make money. Seems like a weird motivation for an evil team set in the Pokémon world, seeing as it doesn't really seem to directly involve Pokémon at all. I'm kind of happy that the name isn't something like Team DNA or Team Genetics or anything of the sort like people were predicting!
Old July 10th, 2013 (10:39 PM).
'That Guy'

What an unexpected motive, but I like it actually. It's actually the only motive that's really anthropomorphous. I wonder what they will do with all that money? /epicforeshadowing

Aesthetically, they look pretty sophisticated and know what their doing.

Pokemon-wise? I'm guessing fire as their primary type, with psychic, normal, and dark as their secondary. (dark mainly because whenever I think of a syndicate with this motive, I imagine robbery and thievery, which reminds me of dark-types) and obviously other random types here and there, hopefully.
Old July 10th, 2013 (10:53 PM).
Silver Tier

Their name Flair/Flare even sounds like someone after money to me. They really went back to a more Rocket feel with this Team.
Old July 11th, 2013 (01:07 PM).
'Cause why not?
Gold Tier

Amazing! From whats been revealed so far about Team Flair, they, as was said in the post above this one, went for more of a Team Rocket feel with this one. So, basically, they did the idea I posted about wanting earlier, but made it a bit more original, which in turn, makes me very happy.

Old July 11th, 2013 (03:10 PM).
we're beautiful now ♪
Platinum Tier

I'll be happy if they're priority is Fire Pokémon rather than having a bunch of Zubats and Rattatas. Maybe this time they could use a mix of Fire Pokémon.
Old July 11th, 2013 (04:32 PM).
Silver Tier

Well Plasma avoided those Zubats (due to the lack of in Unova) and Magma, Aqua, and Galactic didn't use their regional rodent Pokémon, hopefully this team will avoid both.
Old July 11th, 2013 (10:48 PM).

Nature: Brave
Really nice name for the upcoming Evil team. I really did not liked their main Aim though. Man it should was something like Team Galactic's ambitions or something like that
Old July 11th, 2013 (10:54 PM).
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
I think they're gonna make their goal focus on more than money, I mean there's not much evil they can do which relates to just money in a Pokemon world. They could do something like using money to do illegal activity regarding Pokemon. Their money grabbing could just fuel a Pokemon scheme.

Or maybe they're buying and selling Pokemon illegally?

I dunno, I just hope money isn't their only goal.

But I do like the idea of the DNA and genetics stuff though, maybe they could of altered Mewtwo's and thus create his new form?
And I won't let you down

1349 6159 4149 // black magic // get weird
Old July 11th, 2013 (11:24 PM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by Magmaruby and Aquasapphire:
Well Plasma avoided those Zubats (due to the lack of in Unova) and Magma, Aqua, and Galactic didn't use their regional rodent Pokémon, hopefully this team will avoid both.
Magma/Aqua abused Zubat and Poochyena like no other, and Galactic just spammed Glameow/Stunky and Zubat. Kind of avoided it (At least Galactic did), so I definitely agree in totally avoiding them this time. It just gets old seeing the same two Pokémon over and over again. By going with a type (which I'd assume would be Fire from the name) maybe they'll just broadly use different Pokémon of that type instead of the generic ones.
Old July 12th, 2013 (12:23 AM).
~~King Of Plegia~~

Seeing that there is a place that has a lava lake maybe team Flare tries to turn the lava into gold?Simple but they might use it
Also there might be another team that opposes Flare and uses water types(Team Magma - Aqua style)

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 12th, 2013 (12:37 AM).
► My Happy Little Pill 
Platinum Tier

Honestly that just sounds way too similar to Team Magma and Team Aqua. I wouldn't want another Fire-Water rival teams going at one another again. That would just feel like a giant retconning, and would honestly make the games feel very boring. Turning lava into gold I guess is an interesting concept, but I don't see that happening really. Doesn't involve Pokémon much at all (but then again neither does the actual information we have now), but who knows!

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)