Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page Shocks and Volts: Electric-type Pokémon Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 24th, 2013 (12:23 PM).
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Zylas:
Alright, Alright. I feel like this subject has worn itself out. Can we get a new topic?
Just a simple misunderstanding, no big deal Sure, let me think of one and I'll put it in the original post.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old July 24th, 2013 (12:49 PM).
Dat Trains Kid

Nature: Docile
Do you think Electric-types should have a weakness to Rock like they do to Ground-types? Why or why not?

In my opinion, no I don't think they should be weak to the Rock Type. My reason for this is because the purpose of Electric being weak to Ground is because when lightning strikes, it strikes the tallest thing in the perimeter. This is why ground beats Electric because the ground almost never if not ever gets hit by lightning. However, I do think having one weakness is a bit unfair

|Black 2 FC| Best Song EVER|
|Platinum FC| Mah KI:U Neoseeker|
|Old Profile|VM|PM|Credit|

For an innovative, innocent, young boy once said, "I like trains."
Old July 24th, 2013 (01:06 PM).
Master of Ice

I have changed all the Electric-type's sprites on the original post to animated ones. I even took the liberty of adding Thundurus' Therian Forme and Rotom's 5 other forms. Unfortunately, since Helioptile is new, he does not have an official sprite, animated or inanimate, as of yet.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old July 24th, 2013 (01:50 PM).
Just chillin'

Quote originally posted by CloysterOyster:
I have changed all the Electric-type's sprites on the original post to animated ones. I even took the liberty of adding Thundurus' Therian Forme and Rotom's 5 other forms. Unfortunately, since Helioptile is new, he does not have an official sprite, animated or inanimate, as of yet.
Lanturn, the other forme of Thundurus and Eelektross are not animated yet.
EDIT: Oh now they are.

Do you think Electric-types should have a weakness to Rock like they do to Ground-types? Why or why not?
No, it may sound OP that Electric only has one weakness, but almost every Rock-type is part Ground or can at least know a Ground-type move, and there are a lot of in-game trainers who use Rock-types. And Electric isn't super-effective to most types and doesn't have resistance to most types, so they're pretty balanced.

tl;dr: Electric-types don't need a new weakness, because they're pretty balanced.

Old August 8th, 2013 (01:51 AM). Edited August 8th, 2013 by Starry Windy.
Bring your melody to life
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
Preferred Username: Windy
Partner Pokémon: Pachirisu
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: Most of the electric Pokémon are cute, and I like how their moves often paralyzes the opponents. And they're very handy when it comes to handling Water types.

I don't think so, because Rock Pokémon usually have Ground type moves as the counter for them.
Old August 8th, 2013 (06:08 AM). Edited August 8th, 2013 by HeyLoro.
So shiny!

Nature: Bashful
Preferred username: HeyLoro
Partner Pokémon: Luxray
Answer the current topic: No, because lot's of rock types have ground type moves.
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt obviously :p
Why do you like/love electric types?: I think they're more powerful than most people realize...just look at Elesa and how much trouble she gave you~! xD But for real, they are tough and lovable at the same time.
Old August 8th, 2013 (06:14 AM).
my heart pumps out old red paint
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
Welcome to the club, HeyLoro and Wind Heart!

Now gonna answer the topic since I didn't get around to it:

I don't think Rock needs to be strong against Electric, the Electric-type looks fine as it is and most Rock-types tend to learn Ground attacks anyway.

battle server | tumblr | profile | lovely pair
adoption center mentor | fairy-type club

Old August 8th, 2013 (11:05 AM). Edited August 8th, 2013 by CloysterOyster.
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Wind Heart:
Preferred Username: Windy
Partner Pokémon: Pachirisu
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: Most of the electric Pokémon are cute, and I like how their moves often paralyzes the opponents. And they're very handy when it comes to handling Water types.

I don't think so, because Rock Pokémon usually have Ground type moves as the counter for them.
Welcome to the club. Pachirisu is cute. Thunderbolt is my most favored Electric move, I just loved watching it cause massive damage to my opponents. I like their paralyzing effects too, gotta have Thunder Wave and other Electric moves handy. I love Water types too but they don't stand a chance against Electric types.

Quote originally posted by HeyLoro:
Preferred username: HeyLoro
Partner Pokémon: Luxray
Answer the current topic: No, because lot's of rock types have ground type moves.
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt obviously :p
Why do you like/love electric types?: I think they're more powerful than most people realize...just look at Elesa and how much trouble she gave you~! xD But for real, they are tough and lovable at the same time.
Welcome to the club. Luxray is awesome. He should have the Dark type added to him in the new generation, it seems fitting to his nature. Another vote for Thunderbolt. Gotta love that move. I have never faced Elesa in the games but she was tough in the anime. I wish she wouldn't have used Tynamo though, it only used one move and was taken out too easily.

Quote originally posted by Hikari10:
Welcome to the club, HeyLoro and Wind Heart!

Now gonna answer the topic since I didn't get around to it:

I don't think Rock needs to be strong against Electric, the Electric-type looks fine as it is and most Rock-types tend to learn Ground attacks anyway.
All three of you make a good point about Rock-types knowing Ground moves anyways to damage Electric-types. I just can't wrap my head around how electricity effects rocks anyways, real life or in the show/games.
Old August 8th, 2013 (03:36 PM).
So shiny!

Nature: Bashful
Thanks for the welcome Cloyster.
I agree about Tynamo, it wasn't Elesa's best Pokemon. She makes up for it with the rest of her team, though.
Old August 9th, 2013 (12:50 PM).
Master of Ice

I just posted a new topic in the original post, so be sure to check it out and answer it if you wish. I will go ahead and give my answer.

I would have a Jolteon because I am a big fan of Eeveelutions and Jolteon got me out of tight spots in the games. Its moveset would be Pin Missile, Double Kick, Quick Attack and Thunder (the same moveset I had him have in the Game Boy Color games).
Old August 19th, 2013 (10:26 PM).
Master of Ice

Let's shock some life back into this club

Old August 22nd, 2013 (07:31 AM).
Momentai :D

Eek, that poor Pikachu!

If I were to have an Electric-type in real life, hmm... I'll be honest there's absolutely no contest here for me - it would 100% have to be Pachirisu. It's adorable beyond belief, it's playful, it's friendly, it's useful for its power, and above all else it's a squirrel. I absolutely adore Pachirisu and would jump at the chance to have one in real life, and I truly believe he would be the perfect pet (if you've got the energy for it!). It would be a dream come true having a Pachirisu in real life and although there are many other Electric-types that I'd love to keep in real life, Pachirsu will always come out top.

What about you guys? :D
Old August 22nd, 2013 (10:00 PM).
Master of Ice

I'd have a Zapdos and/or Jolteon. Not sure where I'd hide them though. Zapdos' moveset would be Drill Peck, Thunder, Rain Dance and Zap Cannon. Jolteon would have Pin Missile, Double Kick, Quick Attack and Thunder.
Old August 23rd, 2013 (01:26 PM).
Momentai :D

Quote originally posted by CloysterOyster:
I'd have a Zapdos and/or Jolteon. Not sure where I'd hide them though. Zapdos' moveset would be Drill Peck, Thunder, Rain Dance and Zap Cannon. Jolteon would have Pin Missile, Double Kick, Quick Attack and Thunder.
Why on earth would you want such aggressive Pokémon in real life? I can imagine it'd be very cool to have either of these Pokémon by your side, especially if you could fly on Zapdos' back through the thundery skies, but I would be terrified to go near them haha. Something cute like Pachirisu is much more my style!
Old August 23rd, 2013 (08:02 PM).

PREFERRED USERNAME: Pikadex (as you can see, my PokéCommunity username is OfficialPikadex)
PARTNER POKÉMON: Pikachu, if you couldn't guess from my username.
CURRENT TOPIC: "If you were to have an Electric-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be?"
CURRENT TOPIC ANSWER: I would have to pick Pikachu. I just love Pikachu, and I always have. Not only is it the series "mascot", but I have always just thought it was so cute, and I just, for some reason, love cute Pokémon. Others would say that there are Pokémon easily 10x as cute at the Electric mouse, but to me... I just can't get enough Pikachu! I would have it's moveset as Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Signal Beam, and Quick Attack, which is fairly balanced.
FAVOURITE ELECTRIC-TYPE MOVE: Thunderbolt
WHY DO YOU LIKE/LOVE ELECTRIC-TYPE POKÉMON: I just think that a bunch of Electric Pokémon are so cute, such as Pikachu, Pichu, Pachirisu, Plusle, and Minun (a bunch of P's, wouldn't you say? Just like Pokémon). Along with that, they have some pretty good moves, and usually have pretty good Special Attack and Speed stats. Oh, and, of course, Electric is the type of my favourite Pokémon overall: Pikachu.
Old August 23rd, 2013 (09:42 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by OfficialPikadex:
PREFERRED USERNAME: Pikadex (as you can see, my PokéCommunity username is OfficialPikadex)
PARTNER POKÉMON: Pikachu, if you couldn't guess from my username.
CURRENT TOPIC: "If you were to have an Electric-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be?"
CURRENT TOPIC ANSWER: I would have to pick Pikachu. I just love Pikachu, and I always have. Not only is it the series "mascot", but I have always just thought it was so cute, and I just, for some reason, love cute Pokémon. Others would say that there are Pokémon easily 10x as cute at the Electric mouse, but to me... I just can't get enough Pikachu! I would have it's moveset as Thunderbolt, Iron Tail, Signal Beam, and Quick Attack, which is fairly balanced.
FAVOURITE ELECTRIC-TYPE MOVE: Thunderbolt
WHY DO YOU LIKE/LOVE ELECTRIC-TYPE POKÉMON: I just think that a bunch of Electric Pokémon are so cute, such as Pikachu, Pichu, Pachirisu, Plusle, and Minun (a bunch of P's, wouldn't you say? Just like Pokémon). Along with that, they have some pretty good moves, and usually have pretty good Special Attack and Speed stats. Oh, and, of course, Electric is the type of my favourite Pokémon overall: Pikachu.
Welcome to the club. I take it you are Pikachu's biggest fan. That moveset is quite balanced, and lethal too, a good combo of speed and power. I always wonder what made the creators decide to make rodents all Electric. The best I can come up with is because mice like to get inside your walls where your electric lines are.
Old August 24th, 2013 (06:42 PM).
Go Seahawks!

Nature: Lonely
PREFERRED USERNAME: Pikachuie
PARTNER POKÉMON: Pikachu ( My username is Pikachuie)
CURRENT TOPIC:"If you were to have an Electric-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be?"
CURRENT TOPIC ANSWER: Pikachu and thundershock
FAVOURITE ELECTRIC-TYPE MOVE: Thundershock Best Pikachu move (As of my pikachu's XD)
WHY DO YOU LIKE/LOVE ELECTRIC-TYPE POKÉMON: They are so cute and well that cute doesnt make them bad at fighting that cute i think makes the other trainers thinks it's weak but then they just kick their pokemon's butt XD
Old August 26th, 2013 (02:58 PM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
I'd take one of the cute little electric rodents. Either Pikachu or Emolga since they're my top two. :) They're cute and easy enough to take with me anywhere without needing to keep them in a Pokeball, plus electrics as a whole are just so useful to charge things when I need it. I want something cute that I can hug at night!

cool | family | my star | twin | credit
Old August 26th, 2013 (03:50 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Pikachuie:
CURRENT TOPIC:"If you were to have an Electric-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be?"
FAVOURITE ELECTRIC-TYPE MOVE: Thundershock Best Pikachu move (As of my pikachu's XD)
WHY DO YOU LIKE/LOVE ELECTRIC-TYPE POKÉMON: They are so cute and well that cute doesnt make them bad at fighting that cute i think makes the other trainers thinks it's weak but then they just kick their pokemon's butt XD
Welcome to the club. Another Pikachu fan Thundershock to me is like a smaller version of Thunderbolt but is still effective. Cute must be why Emolga swoons its opponents and then takes them down.
Old August 27th, 2013 (07:20 AM).

Quote originally posted by Pikachuie:
I see you like Pikachu, too! :D
Welcome to Shocks and Volts.
Old August 28th, 2013 (08:56 PM).
OBJECTION!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to The Songbird
A wild applicant appeared!

Preferred Username: The Songbird
Partner Pokémon: Manectric
Answer the current topic: I would probably have a Stunfisk. They're oddly adorable! Moves: Thunderbolt, Muddy Water, Earthquake, Sludge Wave
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt. Straightforward, decent power and PP, and may paralyze. Works for me!
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?I suppose some of the standard reasons- they're quick and strong. And adorable! :D

Old August 29th, 2013 (04:22 AM). Edited August 29th, 2013 by CloysterOyster.
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by The Songbird:
A wild applicant appeared!

Preferred Username: The Songbird
Partner Pokémon: Manectric
Answer the current topic: I would probably have a Stunfisk. They're oddly adorable! Moves: Thunderbolt, Muddy Water, Earthquake, Sludge Wave
Favorite Electric-type move: Thunderbolt. Straightforward, decent power and PP, and may paralyze. Works for me!
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?I suppose some of the standard reasons- they're quick and strong. And adorable! :D
Lol to your first comment. Welcome to the club. I like Manectric, reminds me of a stout dog that's calm until it's provoked. Stunfisk is probably the most unique Electric-type I've seen, it being part Ground and lives in the water. Thunderbolt is probably only second or third to Thunder and Zap Cannon as the best damaging Electric move. They are quick and strong. I prefer to have a Jolteon and even a Zapdos on my team.

The new Electric/Fairy type, Dedenne, has been added to the original post. He and Helioptile don't have animated sprites yet so I am using the ones other people made until official sprites are out.
Old September 4th, 2013 (06:14 AM).
The Electric Soldier

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to HoodieDoodie Send a message via Skype™ to HoodieDoodie
h-hi!!
i'm glad this group is now in good hands, awh ;w;

Preferred username: Hoodie

Partner Pokémon: Minun, I think (I just slightly prefer Minun over Plusle)

Answer the current topic: I'd probably take Minun around! Because it'd be cute and small, and not attract to much attention like a larger, more showy pokemon would!

Favorite Electric-type move: Thunder! It's strong, thought it misses a lot woops

Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: I usually really like every pokemon that is electric - even the new ones such as Dedenne are completely adorable! Also, the moves they can learn are pretty versatile and strong, and are pretty good all-rounders (useful to have at least one electric type on a team, for me).

anyway, this is a really nice club, good luck with it! c:
Old September 4th, 2013 (06:27 AM).
...overuser of the ellipsis...

Send a message via Skype™ to lineofdeath
Preferred username : my name is lineofdeath
Partner Pokémon: i would like mow rotom
Answer the current topic:a mow rotomwith the moves, leaf storm, volt switch, hp ice and thunderbolt
Favorite Electric-type move: volt switch, i love volt turn
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: volt switch

peace is key...

hey guys... check my trading shop...
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=305409
..........................................................................................................................................they call me red.http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic362557_3.gif
Old September 4th, 2013 (10:02 AM). Edited September 4th, 2013 by CloysterOyster.
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by HoodieDoodie:
h-hi!!
i'm glad this group is now in good hands, awh ;w;

Preferred username: Hoodie

Partner Pokémon: Minun, I think (I just slightly prefer Minun over Plusle)

Answer the current topic: I'd probably take Minun around! Because it'd be cute and small, and not attract to much attention like a larger, more showy pokemon would!

Favorite Electric-type move: Thunder! It's strong, thought it misses a lot woops

Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: I usually really like every pokemon that is electric - even the new ones such as Dedenne are completely adorable! Also, the moves they can learn are pretty versatile and strong, and are pretty good all-rounders (useful to have at least one electric type on a team, for me).

anyway, this is a really nice club, good luck with it! c:
Welcome to the club, and thank you for the kind words. Minun is a cutie. I am beginning to think that all the Electric rodents are all similar to one another despite there being no evolutionary connection to each other (except for the ones that do evolve). Thunder is my fav Electric move too, takes out an opponent quickly, as I have done many times before. Electric types are strong indeed, as to why I had a Jolteon and sought out Raikou too (which I never captured sadly :/).

Quote originally posted by lineofdeath:
Preferred username : my name is lineofdeath
Partner Pokémon: i would like mow rotom
Answer the current topic:a mow rotomwith the moves, leaf storm, volt switch, hp ice and thunderbolt
Favorite Electric-type move: volt switch, i love volt turn
Why do you like/love Electric-type Pokémon?: volt switch
Welcome to the club. Rotom is a great choice, in any form, as it can take on several forms and use a wide variety of moves. I am not familiar with Volt Switch except for when Emolga used it in the anime. I haven't played the games in some time but I have brushed up on some of the newer things.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links