The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:47 PM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
I don't even know what its really like to be in a neighborhood. The house that I live in is out in the countryside with only a few neighbors who are really friendly.
Well within my neighborhood it's not a full subdivision but rather just a collection of 14 houses together where the property is owned by the homeowner. Nowadays we're pretty disconnected from our neighbors but 10 years ago we used to have neighborhood gatherings around the holiday season
Fairy
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:51 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
The house that I live in is out in the countryside with only a few neighbors
If a person screams in agony as he's being chopped up in the countryside, and nobody hears it, did a person actually scream?

hehehe
Old August 21st, 2013, 07:06 PM
Paladin

Only if there's evidence left to prove there was a person. . . ;}

Welcome back, BiS! :D
Old August 21st, 2013, 07:22 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Thanks! I don't think jelli's read all this yet hehe. I wonder if he has a nightlight hehe. I think he'll want to keep it on all night long hehe.

In Scarborough (where I'm at), the urban planning is interesting. It is based on commercial centres at arterial intersections - could be a mall, a plaza, a professional centre, whatnot. Immediately outside the commercial centre are high-density residential buildings, like high-rises. Then come the townhouses and semi-detached homes, and finally on the hinterland connecting all the residential areas together are the fully detached homes.
Old August 21st, 2013, 07:59 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
Thanks! I don't think jelli's read all this yet hehe. I wonder if he has a nightlight hehe. I think he'll want to keep it on all night long hehe.

Should I be concerned with this statement?

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old August 21st, 2013, 08:05 PM
Zero°
Mirai Nikki
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Zero°
knowing bis, I would be. c:
Old August 21st, 2013, 09:52 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

What? Urban planning - what? We were talking about urban planning, right?

Quote:
Well within my neighborhood it's not a full subdivision but rather just a collection of 14 houses together where the property is owned by the homeowner. Nowadays we're pretty disconnected from our neighbors but 10 years ago we used to have neighborhood gatherings around the holiday season
Aww mang i remember back in the day when i lived in london we had this chinese neighbourhood association that had huuge events in auditoriums for mid-autumn and new years and we'd get free mooncakes and raffles and gifts for the kids (like me). that's when i first watched shaolin soccer, still remember it :') and playing pretend pokemon, gawd those were the days.

good neighbours are a good thing. keep'em close until you have to move.
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:01 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
The "neighborhood" I currently live in right now is actually just two about half-mile streets of houses that each have enough land for a horse if they wanted one (which some on both streets actually do have horses haha).
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:08 PM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

I like my neighbourhood. It's filled with lots of greenery and is really, really huge. There are so many streets I can't even name with hundreds of houses. There even is a private golf course only for residents! Awesome, am I right? x) The neighbours to the left, right and opposite my house are pretty close to my family. I agree with BiS that good neighbours are great c: You never know when you get into complications and need their support.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old August 21st, 2013, 10:50 PM
Paladin

Run Jelli. Run and don't look back.

Neighborhoods? I kinda live in the middle of no-where right now. I do have neighbors, but they're a little bit away. Unfortunately not so far away as to not hear me if I were to let loose a good blood-curdling scream, though. :T

And since I know I'm not the only one thinking about it. . .
Spoiler:

Ah, yes, the Cul-De-Sac. . .
Old August 22nd, 2013, 02:09 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Although there aren't three kids trying to scam me and a bunch of others, I just so happen to live on a cul-de-sac I remember when I first saw Ed Edd n Eddy that they lived in a cul-de-sac and it reminded me of where I live
Fairy
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:14 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
Although there aren't three kids trying to scam me and a bunch of others, I just so happen to live on a cul-de-sac I remember when I first saw Ed Edd n Eddy that they lived in a cul-de-sac and it reminded me of where I live

OMG <3 This just reminded me about my childhood. Ed Edd n Eddy was my life =D I loved this show and I wish it still came on tv

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:24 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Quote:
OMG <3 This just reminded me about my childhood. Ed Edd n Eddy was my life =D I loved this show and I wish it still came on tv
About a month ago Cartoon Network showed it on TV, but then that quickly changed ;~;

I first saw the show in 2007 because that was the first summer I was able to stay at home by myself and my parents didn't like the cartoons of the 1990s/2000s
Fairy
Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:30 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
About a month ago Cartoon Network showed it on TV, but then that quickly changed ;~;

I first saw the show in 2007 because that was the first summer I was able to stay at home by myself and my parents didn't like the cartoons of the 1990s/2000s
Cartoons of the 1990s/2000s were the best things ever!

Old August 22nd, 2013, 03:38 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Quote:
Cartoons of the 1990s/2000s were the best things ever!
Oh I agree. Just about every show from the early/mid 2000s made by Cartoon Network is tolerable for me, which is why I try to watch them whenever they come on.
Fairy
Old August 22nd, 2013, 04:57 AM
Charlie Brown
twisted logic

Nature: Sassy
Ed, Edd and Eddy was alright from memory, but I preferred Johnny Bravo and Scooby Doo :P I don't really know what the new cartoons are like but eh.

We're a small (but growing!) Pokemon forum with a tightknit community. Click here to check us out!
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:08 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Nathan
I really liked Ed, Edd and Eddy when they used to show them on TV. Ah good times.
On an unrelated note, my vacation is extended for one month since school starts in October.

nathan @ vm | pm | FF.net | pairs | bishie
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:09 AM
xxkaylabby
cake the cat
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
i use to watch that show all the time on cartoon network. good memories right there :3

|Pair|
|Theme|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:12 AM
Magic

That show used to drive me mad I had to switch away from it. Not many Cartoon Network shows I actually watched, apart from Dexter's Lab.

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:12 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

I never really liked (or gotten into) Johnny Bravo, but other 1990s cartoons I enjoy are the Powerpuff Girls (yes...) and Courage the Cowardly Dog. I also like Scooby doo as well, and I'm kinda surprised that it keeps getting bright back from the dead through movies.
Fairy
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:15 AM
Autumn Reverie

OMG THAT SHOW. So much nostalgia <3 I used to watch it on Cartoon Network many years ago until they stopped showing it. Jawbreakers xD Of course, and all the other great ol' cartoons. Cartoon Network doesn't show anything of much value anymore except for Adventure Time and some very few others like Tom and Jerry. Classic.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:18 AM
Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
OMG THAT SHOW. So much nostalgia <3 I used to watch it on Cartoon Network many years ago until they stopped showing it. Jawbreakers xD Of course, and all the other better cartoons of my generation. Cartoon Network doesn't show anything of much value anymore except for Adventure Time and some very few others like Tom and Jerry. Classic.
Question, does anyone under 12 actually like adventure time or is it just the older generation o_o I really can't grow to like it, but I've never seen any of the children in my family watching it...

Sunkern, the Seed Pokémon.

It may drop out of the sky suddenly. If attacked by a Spearow, it will violently shake its leaves.
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:20 AM
Autumn Reverie

Adventure Time does have some mature themes that require a higher level of understanding, and children don't really have that level of understanding imo. It does have a PG 13 rating after all.

Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:35 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Adventure Time is PG here in the USA, but it does have some mature content to it. It's not as adult-humored as Regular Show, though. I do love Adventure Time though, I'd that was too difficult to figure out.
Fairy
Old August 22nd, 2013, 05:49 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I know that a bunch of Cartoon Network shows from the '90s and such are on netflix. :'D They have their own category rn and everything. Haven't watched much more than Courage though.

I think the kid I babysat last year liked Adventure Time? I can't remember with the fact that he really liked watching minecraft videos on youtube. But from what I have seen of Adventure Time I think if I took the time to actually watch and keep up with it i would like it.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links