The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:10 AM
Squidchan
The Lady Cthulhu

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
I find myself watching too much TV Cartoon Network, so don't feel alone but I will say though that if it's bad to where I cannot stand lack of noise, then school is not the place for me to be, especially in a class when the teacher isn't lecturing but wants things silent xD
I was lucky for the fact that my teachers understood that sometimes noise helps concentration (especially when you're listening to your favourite music), and would let us listen to our iPods and such when they weren't lecturing.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:13 AM
DavidtheDeadPhilosopher

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganium90 View Post
Also, Digimon is on Netflix if you didn't know. I'm on episode 20 and it contains both Adventure 1 & 2 :D

They have it both subbed and dubbed! I got really excited that I finally got to watch the show in Japanese...only to find out that for whatever reason (probably nostalgia), I ended up liking the dub better.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 01:36 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidchan View Post
I was lucky for the fact that my teachers understood that sometimes noise helps concentration (especially when you're listening to your favourite music), and would let us listen to our iPods and such when they weren't lecturing.
OMG lucky Dx

Here you couldn't listen to music anytime (per school rules, which have always been broken about this) even during times in which the teachers aren't lecturing. I'm out of high school now, so there's no way a college professor would permit the same thing
Fairy
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Nature: Timid
I thought it was really stupid how cell phones weren't allowed in my school (and many other schools). One time an issue came up at home where my dad had to be hospitalized and if I had actually not taken my phone with me then.. yeah. v_v
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:39 AM
Castform

Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Luckily at our school we wouldn't get in trouble for having our phones, but if they were seen out in class there would be punishments depending on the teacher.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:41 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidtheDeadPhilosopher View Post
They have it both subbed and dubbed! I got really excited that I finally got to watch the show in Japanese...only to find out that for whatever reason (probably nostalgia), I ended up liking the dub better.
Maybe because of the puns? That seems to be a reason why a lot of people favor the dub. The subbed version doesn't have any puns, but I feel like in 02 it does a better job with Ken sometimes. Like there is this conversation Ken has with Izzy/Koushirou in 02 and in the english version they talk about something different and there are no feels to it and ahh. But that's probably just me hee.

I think these days a lot of schools allow cell phones to be brought to school but not be used in the classroom. That way if there is an extreme emergency or something or you need it for after school then you have it. School who still don't even allow them on campus are kind of dumb in my opinion.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:42 AM
Sheep

I don't recall phones being allowed period in my school and sometimes they'd even check through our bags to make sure. That was awful. People shoved their phones in their shoes to hide them, haha. D:
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:44 AM
skyluigi2
L-let's-a go...!

Send a message via Skype™ to skyluigi2
I'm pretty sure we weren't allowed phones at school either... and yet I don't remember anyone that didn't take one

☆ 3DS FC: 5069-3912-3062
☆ Let me know if you've added me!

☆ Next most anticipated game(s): Super Smash Bros. for 3DS, Bayonetta 2, Fantasy Life, Hyrule Warriors and Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

☆ Currently playing: Pokémon Platinum and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

☆ I'm known on Twitter as skyluigi2 as well

skyluigi2
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I legit wonder how people students got stuck at school for a while because of that. There are so many variables these days that can cause someone to miss the bus, be picked up late, etc that phones are a good thing to have on hand. Also after school programs what about the students who had those. :'(

You were allowed to have a phone at my school but it had to be silenced/off and you weren't allowed to take it out during class. Unless you had an easygoing teacher who didn't care haha.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
I didn't have a mobile phone when I was a younger teenager so whenever I had to call my mum to pick me up, I'd have to use the payphone by the reception and it was at times embarassing cause all the other kids had mobile phones V____V
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

My school allows mobile phones just like BP.

no, you gotta get it inside
you push it back down, you push it back down

Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:55 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakow View Post
I didn't have a mobile phone when I was a younger teenager so whenever I had to call my mum to pick me up, I'd have to use the payphone by the reception and it was at times embarassing cause all the other kids had mobile phones V____V
I didn't get a phone until I was 16 or so, and by then everyone else around me had one too. XD;
Old August 23rd, 2013, 07:58 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

I didn't get one until I was about .. 14? 14 or 15 since it was in tenth grade. Though I didn't have it long because someone stole my cell phone. Then my second I lost at the college campus. Managed to not lose my third cell phone though! Never mind I dropped it in an orange shake and had to replace it but shhh
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:08 AM
xxkaylabby
unacceptable!
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to xxkaylabby Send a message via Skype™ to xxkaylabby
i didn't get my first cellphone till 7th grade. it was a pink razor flip phone.

|Pair|
|Theme|
|Tumblr|
|My Gallery|
|Friend Code|
|Trade Thread|

Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:10 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
I didn't get a phone until I was 16 or so, and by then everyone else around me had one too. XD;
I was 16/17 when I got my first mobile. It was the diamond hard phone known as Nokia that when dropped from a building would make an impact of a meteorite.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:12 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

Quote:
I was 16/17 when I got my first mobile. It was the diamond hard phone known as Nokia that when dropped from a building would make an impact of a meteorite.
I used to have one. And I had my first phone at 13

Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxkaylabby View Post
i didn't get my first cellphone till 7th grade. it was a pink razor flip phone.
Kind of what I had! .... Except it wasn't a razor it was something else and it was 9th grade not 7th. But it was a pink flip phone! :D

I think it's what started my liking of pink tbh.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
A funny story about me & my phones: I got my first phone at 14, at the start of sophomore year. It was this one. Two days after the start of sophomore year, I lost it at the quad area. Got grounded for two months and wasn't allowed to get a new phone until I started my senior year.

& yeah...this just proves that you gotta be pretty responsible to have a phone. I was 14 and wasn't all that responsible yet. xD

I did get a MotoRAZR phone right after high school. Probably one of the best phones I had before the switch to smartphones eventually.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Castform

Quote:
A funny story about me & my phones: I got my first phone at 14, at the start of sophomore year. It was this one. Two days after the start of sophomore year, I lost it at the quad area. Got grounded for two months and wasn't allowed to get a new phone until I started my senior year.

& yeah...this just proves that you gotta be pretty responsible to have a phone. I was 14 and wasn't all that responsible yet. xD

I did get a MotoRAZR phone right after high school. Probably one of the best phones I had before the switch to smartphones eventually.

I got my first phone when I was 13, and it didn't last long haha. I had lost it within a week and didn't get my next one until I was 15 which was a RAZR. It was one of the best phones that I have ever had. Now I use an iPhone, which was great at first, but now is incredibly glitchy and I hate it.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

I got my first phone when I was 13 years old, and it's the same phone I've had since.. it's just a Motorola Razr go-phone on AT&T. I really wish my parents would spend their money more wisely or else I could have had a data plan and a smartphone years ago when the major providers still offered unlimited data. ;_;
Fairy
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:32 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
I think my parents each had one those 14 years ago. Those things did not take well to being dropped into toilets.

My first phone was a red Samsung flip phone. I got it my freshman year of high school, but had to share it with my brother in Middle School. Eventually, when it turned out he had it more often than I did, they just got me my own number and phone, giving me my mom's then current phone unit and upgrading her unit at the same time without telling me that they bought me my own line until Christmas.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 08:49 AM
Autumn Reverie
wibbly wobbly... timey wimey... stuff.

My first phone? It was a Nokia too x) The one with the black and white screen (or was it a greenish tint?) and the classic Snake game. I actually didn't lose it though! I must have been really careful last time or just plain lucky lol. It now should be lying somewhere in my aunt's house collecting dust. My second phone was a colour screen Nokia, and then Sony Ericsson, then Motorola, then finally an iPhone which I am currently typing this post on. It's a secondhand, but it's still functioning decently and serving its purpose.

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
I think the classic snake game was the main reason why I wanted a phone so badly when I was 14. I kept playing the game on my dad's phone and that literally made me want one.

My...*leans back on chair* times have changed, really.

DARRELL WALLACE JR.
mudsummer classic 2014 winner | eldora speedway, ohio | july 23, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

[22:39] ★srinator: ur sig would become so much more better with my name on it
Shining Armour
leave of absence ~ july 26 to aug 3
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:27 AM
Castform

Quote:
I think the classic snake game was the main reason why I wanted a phone so badly when I was 14. I kept playing the game on my dad's phone and that literally made me want one.

My...*leans back on chair* times have changed, really.

OMG I remember this so well <333 The old phone games were the best.
Old August 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Nathan
too lazy
Community Supporter

That Snake game was so addicting back then. But sadly, right now I'm not interested in it anymore.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links