Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page
DCC
PC Fastfood Inc.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2013 (12:09 AM).
Starry Windy
Bring your melody to life
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Starry Windy
Quote originally posted by Twilight Sky:
The only traveling my family would probably ever do is go back to Puerto Rico. Which isn't a bad thing per se but idk. I haven't been there in about 7 or 8 years, but when I have been there previously, it wasn't anything spectacular or anything that took me off guard.

...Then again, I can't really remember all that much, it was quite a while ago. I can recall loving it a lot there at the same time. Hm..
This reminds me, that usually every February my family and I would go back to a certain city where my relatives are, because I'm celebrating Chinese New Year there. Being in that city is full of memories too.
Old September 19th, 2013 (12:17 AM).
Elaitenstile
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
I like to go to relative's places to celebrate events as well. It's nice to be out of town, especially when there's not a single person similar to my family in the neighbourhood.
Old September 19th, 2013 (12:23 AM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Quote originally posted by ★Hoenn★:
I like to go to relative's places to celebrate events as well. It's nice to be out of town, especially when there's not a single person similar to my family in the neighbourhood.

This is how my family is. We do take a yearly vacation to the beach, but other than that we don't leave the state unless it is for a family get-together. The reason for this is, my mom hates traveling by plane and no one wants to make long drives so we just don't go places I guess.
Old September 19th, 2013 (01:03 AM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

We take vacations once every two-three years. We did take a vacation this year, but it wasn't a long one, since there were a lot of work back home that my dad was required to get done. If he wasn't able to get them finished, then unfortunately, his boss would've been quite upset. ): During our vacation, we've visited a country in South Asia known as Bangladesh. They have a lot of villages that are very nice-looking, but their main city is kind of underdeveloped. It's not that bad when you compare it to some places from India though, which is its neighboring country.
Old September 19th, 2013 (01:04 AM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Quote originally posted by Perdition Haze:
We take vacations once every two-three years. We did take a vacation this year, but it wasn't a long one, since there were a lot of work back home that my dad was required to get done. If he wasn't able to get them finished, then unfortunately, his boss would've been quite upset. ): During our vacation, we've visited a country in South Asia known as Bangladesh. They have a lot of villages which are very nice-looking, but their main city is kind of underdeveloped. It's not that bad when you compare it to some places from India though, which is its neighbor country.

Our vacation this year was delayed because my dad was so busy with work as well. It sucks once you start looking forward to the vacation and find out that you can't go because of that reason, but it is certainly understandable.
Old September 19th, 2013 (01:33 AM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

Doesn't it always suck to see your parents busy with work? I used to have birthday parties at my house when I was younger, and my did had to miss a few of them just because of it. So did my mom. They haven't missed any of my sister's parties, though, because they have a bit more free time now. I mean, they are still busy, but just not as busy as when I was little. My mom doesn't work as much as she used to, and my dad has taken a couple of days off as well. d:
Old September 19th, 2013 (01:35 AM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Yeah, I hate seeing that as well. It's especially annoying when your parents are overworked as it is. I'd love for my parents to take a vacation on their own and take a break from all of this work, but unfortunately they can't :[
[14:31] @Christοs: my dream gf is a female zeffy
[11:37] srinator: i sent shirtless piks to some random old girl yesterday after gym :<
Team Orb

Old September 19th, 2013 (03:03 AM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
My parents have gone on vacation for the week, they're back on Friday but I'm happy for them to take a vacation since they're usually working all year round. However the house is now an absolute mess with it being left in the hands of myself and my sister..
Old September 19th, 2013 (03:07 AM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
My parents have gone on vacation for the week, they're back on Friday but I'm happy for them to take a vacation since they're usually working all year round. However the house is now an absolute mess with it being left in the hands of myself and my sister..

Are you enjoying having the house basically to yourself or do you wish they were home? XD The reason I ask is, I always want the house to myself and then when I actually get that I hate all of the work that has to be done and immediately want my parents back.
[11:37] srinator: i sent shirtless piks to some random old girl yesterday after gym :<
Team Orb

Old September 19th, 2013 (03:12 AM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Michonne:
Are you enjoying having the house basically to yourself or do you wish they were home? XD The reason I ask is, I always want the house to myself and then when I actually get that I hate all of the work that has to be done and immediately want my parents back.
Yes I really am, I always enjoy having the house to myself when my parents are away. Not that I don't enjoy it when they're here it's just when they're gone everything is just care free and much more laid back, it's great. ;D
Old September 19th, 2013 (03:19 AM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Quote originally posted by Suicune™:
Yes I really am, I always enjoy having the house to myself when my parents are away. Not that I don't enjoy it when they're here it's just when they're gone everything is just care free and much more laid back, it's great. ;D

I get the house to myself today as I have no classes and both parents will be at work, so I plan to enjoy the day by sleeping :D
Team Orb

Old September 19th, 2013 (03:31 AM).
Tsutarja
not so smug

Nature: Jolly
I've had the house for myself for weeks on end now, as my mom leaves for work at 8:15am when my dad gets home at 5:45pm.. though usually on Mondays my brothers comes home from work instead of visiting his girlfriend's house because his girlfriend works late hours at her job on Mondays.
Old September 19th, 2013 (03:39 AM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

I just found out that I'll have the house to myself the entire weekend as my parents are driving upstate to visit with my grandmother for the weekend. My brothers are going to be a friend's houses so this weekend will be amazing =D
Team Orb

Old September 19th, 2013 (03:39 AM).
Hikamaru
modern life is rubbish
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I do get the whole house to myself when my mother has art class on Mondays every week, I like being able to do my own stuff for a bit because of how strict and annoying she is.
Old September 19th, 2013 (03:40 AM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

Yeah, it's great having the house to yourself.. but when it's 24/7 for a whole week it starts to get kinda boring. I've enjoyed this week a lot but it's starting to feel strange with them gone for so long! ;;
Old September 19th, 2013 (03:56 AM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Yeah, a week is a really long time to be away from your parents. I know that I would definitely miss mine after that long even though I say all of the time that I wish they would go away for a week or two XD
Team Orb

Old September 19th, 2013 (04:09 AM).
Blue
エルフーン
Community Supporter

It will be even more strange because two days after they come back I go on vacation for a week myself, it will be like not seeing them for two whole weeks. D;
Old September 19th, 2013 (04:25 AM).
Tsutarja
not so smug

I wish I could go on a vacation away from home right now, but the sad thing is that my parents don't have the money currently and they don't want me going far away by myself just yet either, which I can understand..
Old September 19th, 2013 (04:25 AM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

I get the house to myself when both of my parents are at work, and my sister is at school. This usually happens on every Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. It can get kind of boring when nobody's around in the house though, since you can't hearing anybody talking. You can keep the television turned on, but it just doesn't give you the same effect. D:
Old September 19th, 2013 (04:26 AM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

It does get a bit boring which is why I am glad that I always have my little dog to keep me company :D
Team Orb

Old September 19th, 2013 (09:39 AM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Nature: Brave
I'm mostly alone in the mornings, since my family is out and don't really go to school until the evenings. I already figured out what I'm gonna be doing to spend that time alone instead of being in a bubble. xD It does get boring and lonely, but I have my two cats and my doggy to keep me company. :)

My dad returns tonight from his three month business trip. I miss him lots and I'll be able to see him after class tonight <3

Old September 19th, 2013 (04:36 PM). Edited September 19th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

I have a cat, but to be honest, I can't exactly say if I enjoy her company or not. D: She is cute and it does feel nice to be able to cuddle with her, but she just causes a lot of trouble. It's extremely hard to keep her under control. I know that she's still young and not mature enough, but we've had a couple of other cats before, and they weren't this troublesome when they were around her age. If she keeps this up, then we might just need to call in a professional one day to teach her some discipline. Earlier today, I had some eggs on the kitchen counter, and she pushed them all off and made me clean up the whole mess. ):
Old September 19th, 2013 (05:14 PM).
Castform
The Weather Pokemon

Quote originally posted by Perdition Haze:
I have a cat, but to be honest, I can't exactly say if I enjoy her company or not. D: She is cute and it does feel nice to be able to cuddle with her, but she just causes a lot of trouble. It's extremely hard to keep her under control. I know that she's still young and not mature enough, but we've had a couple of other cats before, and they weren't this troublesome when they were around her age. If she keeps this up, then we might just need to call in a professional one day to teach her some discipline. Earlier today, I had some eggs on the kitchen counter, and she pushed them all off and made me clean up the whole mess. ):
It's odd. I am a cat person and would much rather have a cat than a dog any day, but lately I have been wanting to spend more time with my dog as opposed to my cats. I guess that he is just easier to play with and enjoy.
Team Orb

Old September 19th, 2013 (05:40 PM).
Tsutarja
not so smug

Considering how I don't live in a house with animals, I'm not sure if I would prefer cats or dogs.. but there used to be dogs in my house when I was young and both have just passed on ages ago and my mom hasn't cared to have pets in the house since.
Old September 19th, 2013 (05:53 PM).
Sableye~
Back to PC~
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I have two felines...one is a playful little idiot, and the other just sleeps and eats.
I didn't even intend to get a second cat. He just showed up on my porch, and, under the circumstances, he probably wouldn't have survived out there. I have too much of a heart and I let him come in. I:

The lizard doesn't really keep me company much. He just chills out on his cork bark and watches me. Even though he's skiddish and likes to try to beat me up with his sharp tail, he's still cute.

Sponsored Links