< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse Chit-Chat PC Fastfood Inc.

Notices

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Closed Thread Closed Thread

Old September 19th, 2013 (5:54 PM).
Silenced
Super Moderator

Nature: Calm
I'm a huge animal lover, but I'm afraid animals don't return the love. I have about five different stories of dogs attacking me and cats almost always act aggressive towards me. I know they normally do, but I'm talking like raising the hair on their backs. I'm more of a cat person, but I also love birds. When I'm older, I think it would be cool to have a few birds.
PairPC sister

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 19th, 2013 (5:56 PM).
ModeratorBSCS

We used to have a dog in our house when I was just a three-year-old. He (I think it was a he) passed away when I turned five, unfortunately. I didn't get along with him too much. He used to smell me a lot and push me around from place to place constantly, and if I remember correctly, he bit me a couple of times as well. ): My parents kept him in our backyard most of the time, but they allowed him to get inside during the nighttime.
Old September 19th, 2013 (5:56 PM).
ModeratorBSCS

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachLMedia View Post
Considering how I don't live in a house with animals, I'm not sure if I would prefer cats or dogs.. but there used to be dogs in my house when I was young and both have just passed on ages ago and my mom hasn't cared to have pets in the house since.

If you couldn't decide on the two you could narrow it down to preference on the amount of work. I find cats much easier to have as pets because they are well...easier to raise imo. Cats like to keep to themselves a lot. At least the ones that I have had in the past while dogs need attention nearly 24/7.
Old September 19th, 2013 (6:38 PM). Edited September 19th, 2013 by Peitharchia.
ModeratorBSCS

Some cats are easy to raise, and some are not. If your cat doesn't cause too many issues for you, then you shouldn't be having any kind of problems when it comes to raising it. All you have to do is feed it whenever it's hungry, give it a bath every couple days (most cats don't like baths, but you still have to keep it clean), take it out for a walk every now and then, and make sure that it gets enough sleep every day. If it does like to cause trouble, then that's an entirely different story. You probably won't even be able to get near it, haha.
Old September 19th, 2013 (6:41 PM).
ModeratorBSCS

We did have one cat that loved to cause trouble. She would have to be placed in another room everytime we had people over because she wanted to bite them. She wasn't doing it in a mean way, but rather playful. She just didn't realize how bad she was hurting people though when she was doing this.
Old September 19th, 2013 (8:58 PM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
My two cats are just so adorable, and they come in hand with trouble, so I guess it's an interesting experience raising them. It's always different when a new litter comes out, and we have more cats in the house, but sadly they all go away some time. Both of them don't bite unless we do something to aggravate them, and thus we don't have those kind of messy problems around the house.
~
Old September 20th, 2013 (2:09 AM).
Champion
Platinum Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I've got two Cats, one is twelve and the other is thirteen. They're pretty easy to look after as long as you feed them regularly, they just look after themselves since they're primarily house bound. It's nice to have them around the house and I've grown very attached to them over the years!

Old September 20th, 2013 (5:48 AM).
ModeratorBSCS

My current cat, Baeli, is only one year old. She was born last year in February. And I used to have two other cats. One was ten and the other was eight. Unfortunately, both of them had passed away two weeks after we adopted Baeli. We never got the chance to figure out what caused their death, though... it must've been something they ate. We used to love these cats, because unlike Baeli, they were extremely friendly. They got along with each other very nicely, and they didn't cause too much trouble either. ^^ Plus, they used to kill all the mouse that were in our basement, which was really nice.
Old September 20th, 2013 (8:41 AM).
شكرا
Crystal Tier

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
Cats <3

I saw one on the street the other day that belonged to a deli owner, and I started rubbing its belly and everything, and it purred. <3
Old September 20th, 2013 (8:45 AM).
Blade of Justice
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
I had 3 dogs. One got killed by a neighbor, the other died while eating and I gave the 3rd to my grandpa. So I'm a huge lover of dogs!
|| ||
I am the white void, I am the cold steel, I am the just sword, with blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world, and cleanse them in the fires of destruction! I am Hakumen! The end has come.
Old September 20th, 2013 (8:53 AM).
ModeratorCS

Unfortunately, my mom wouldn't want to be a cat owner.. especially considering how we have lots of stray cats who live around where I live and that she has quite of bird feeders in our yard haha
Old September 20th, 2013 (10:00 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Two cats and a doggy here. <3 They all get along so I'm actually proud. They both were raised together so we never had any problems at all. :)

tem pay 4 cooleg
da twitterz : moi steamz
Old September 20th, 2013 (10:42 AM).
Jinx? Stands for Jinx! Durr.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Sassy
i've had lots of fish, they always die though. right now i have my three dogs(:

Twitch
Hopeless Masquerade

Twitter

Graphic Shop

Theme Credit

Old September 20th, 2013 (11:10 AM).
ModeratorBSCS

I have one dog, 3 cats and 3 little fish. The cats and the dog all get along well so that is really nice :D
Old September 20th, 2013 (12:00 PM).
ModeratorCS

Now you guys are seriously wanting me to convince my mother to get a pretty with all this pretty talk xD

Only problem is that there wouldn't be any room in the house to keep them though of course we had a dog in the house many years ago, we've since added more to our house in those years thus limiting the space.
Old September 20th, 2013 (12:05 PM).
→ ring a bell
ModeratorCS

Nature: Gentle
Just a dog, a hamster, and two birds right now. None of these pets are "mine" as the dog and the hamster are my sister's and the birds are my mom's. I have terrible luck with pets (I blame my dad who also does) but I love them so much so it's so heartbreaking and I normally can't function too well after the loss of one.

That said I might just get a fish. We have a dog, a rodent, and birds. Don't want to get a cat because of what happened to our last two and I don't want another reptile because I just lost mine recently. So I don't have much other choice for now. And if that fish dies of anything other than old age or something I don't even know.

i must be the l i g h t
when you're in the d a r k
- pairs
- ask me anything
Old September 20th, 2013 (12:09 PM).
Crystal Tier

I remember I had one of these when I was in high school:

It lived for two years, when usually Betta fishies live for about a year or so.

tem pay 4 cooleg
Old September 20th, 2013 (12:15 PM).
→ ring a bell
ModeratorCS

I'm considering getting a betta fish actually since I think it might be the cheapest? And one year is, sadly, a lot longer than my last two pets when I lost them and how long the animal can live.

i must be the l i g h t
- pairs
- ask me anything
Old September 20th, 2013 (12:31 PM).
Crystal Tier

It's around $3-4 at walmart, with the food it's around $6 or so. Probably more expensive in pet stores.

tem pay 4 cooleg
Old September 20th, 2013 (12:34 PM).
→ ring a bell
ModeratorCS

Yeah. In the pet store I normally go to it depends on the type of betta. I think the cheapest is around $5-10 while one type of betta is like $35 (but it is a very pretty betta). If I do decide to get one I'll definitely go around and see if I can find one I really like that isn't too expensive since I also have to get food + a small tank or something for it. I'll probably get its food from Wal-Mart though its not like Reptiles which I couldn't do that aha.

i must be the l i g h t
- pairs
- ask me anything
Old September 20th, 2013 (12:36 PM).
naughty biscotti
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I usually wait for the open beta because I'm a poor student and can't afford money. It's interesting that you can find betas in a pet store, I usually use a download manager to get mine. I'll definitely have a look around, maybe it'll be more convenient for me

Spoiler:
Old September 20th, 2013 (12:42 PM).
Crystal Tier

^I just....

my day has been made right here on the DCC.

tem pay 4 cooleg
Old September 20th, 2013 (12:54 PM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahISuck View Post
I usually wait for the open beta because I'm a poor student and can't afford money. It's interesting that you can find betas in a pet store, I usually use a download manager to get mine. I'll definitely have a look around, maybe it'll be more convenient for me

Spoiler:
Well, I guess open beta is beta version than closed beta.

Spoiler:
I killed it, didn't I...
FC: 1203-9327-2949
IGN: Serena (X), Landon (OR)
Old September 20th, 2013 (1:05 PM).
Gold Tier

I got a betta for Christmas one year, but it died in 6 months :l

I would like another betta, but I'd need a bigger covered tank to keep my cat away from the fish.
Old September 20th, 2013 (1:36 PM).
ModeratorBSCS

I got my mom a betta fish a few months ago to put in her room because she had a stand that she wanted to place a fish on. He is a pretty healthy fish that requires so little attention. I also love looking at him and watching him swim because of how beautiful of a fish he is.
Closed Thread Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links