< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse *Sigh* Yeah.. I'm okay..

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Reply Post Reply
Old June 24th, 2013 (9:19 AM).
Gold Tier
Sometimes I take a nap and try to relax or think of something else. Sometimes if the weather is nice I go out for a walk, excercise is good for you and fresh air lifts my mood. Sometimes if Im really upset drinking a glass of cold water helps(dunno why, but it does)
Old June 24th, 2013 (9:41 AM).
. . .
Silver Tier
I find that whenever I am sad or upset, I listen to music and I feel better. It lifts my spirits, especially playing upbeat music. It makes me forget about whatever I am sad about and makes me feel pretty good. I also sometimes play video games to help take my mind off things, but I find music works better!
Old June 24th, 2013 (12:41 PM).
i use cheap tactics
Nature: Hardy
I usually just listen to music or play skyrim. Or sob for hours. :\ I can't manage sadness well.
Old June 24th, 2013 (2:15 PM).
Super ModeratorCS
Nature: Quirky
I tend to just sit there and...mope, I guess. I'll just sit there and try to let it pass while I distract myself by listening to music or watching something. Usually listening to music helps, as I can just drown out my thoughts with it. If that doesn't help, then I'll lie down and possibly nap, since I know some times a bad mood of mine comes around because I'm a bit more tired than I feel like I am.

And if nothing of that helps to dispel it...I smile. I'll often forget to try that until I've been moping around for a while, but after I read a blurb about how just smiling might actually help get rid of bad moods, I've tried it at times. It seems to help a bit.

And if that doesn't work...well. Guess it's time to just wait for the mood to pass.
we're not lost
we're all just wanderers

my artz, yo
Old June 24th, 2013 (3:02 PM).
The Imminent Victor
Nature: Relaxed
I listen to music, work out, or do a ton of creative things until I feel decent again.
Old June 24th, 2013 (3:17 PM).
All dreams are but another reality.
Crystal Tier
I deal with sadness by talking to someone I'm close to and/or immersing myself in some fun activity. I'll go play a video game, watch a funny video on the internet, listen to my music, or something. Bonus points if it blocks out the source of my sadness. Despite all my efforts of cheering up or waiting until things blow over, I may just end up crying anyways. A good cry leaves me feeling more relieved.
Old June 24th, 2013 (9:04 PM).
Nature: Timid
I just wait it out; time is the healer of all wounds for me in this case. Trying to get my mind off of it only makes it worse.
Old June 24th, 2013 (9:16 PM).
Eclipse Inheritor
Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Ephemeral Euphoria
I just put on a podcast in the background and play a random shooter whenever I feel like a sadsack now. I used to talk to others close to me on what I would be feeling but I ended up becoming pretty reserved about my emotions as the years flew by so no I'm not one to open up easily.
Employee of AI-COM/RSPN.
Old June 28th, 2013 (8:09 PM).
Crystal Tier
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Honest
I was pretty damn sad two days ago, on the last day of school. I had to say goodbye to a few friends, some possibly forever. I was fine until my friend Nazifa, a close friend who I really really really love. And when I saw her, I realized that this would most likely be the last time we ever managed to see each other, and that really got to me. We hugged and after me giving a few words to her ear "Always be amazing and never ever give up" I kissed her and watched her walk away. And then I started crying.

That's basically my answer. If it's something as emotional as that, I cry. I don't have shame in saying that at all. Sure, I started crying in the corner and my friend sorta had to put her arm around me and cheer me up. But it does help. After that, I simply recall all the good times and hope for everything it's worth that I see her in the future.

For less monumental moments, I just listen to music or lay in bed staring at the ceiling.
Old July 5th, 2013 (2:21 AM).
<insert witty eloquence here>
Nature: Relaxed
Watching TV comedy and binging on deliciously bad for you food. Currently my go-tos of choice are Bob's Burgers and large Domino's pizza. Oh, and I like to spend money when I'm sad... don't care what on, but the feeling of spending just makes me feel better for some reason.
Old July 5th, 2013 (2:52 AM).
Crystal Tier
Nature: Lax
Sadness goes away with time, I find. For me, I don't have to do anything special to get happy. Give me a few minutes, and I'll usually be pretty normal. I don't have way of dealing with sadness that's unique or special, and I don't really think you (generally speaking) need one, unless you have unique circumstances.
Old July 5th, 2013 (12:21 PM).
Nature: Modest
For me I just like to talk it out with someone. I don't mind sharing my troubles with others and just having someone listen to me when I am sad cheers me up more than anything.
Old July 14th, 2013 (10:35 PM).
Nature: Lax
alcohol n weed (is that inappropriate? smh)

or makin money

or workin out

hard to be sad countin money
Old July 15th, 2013 (3:08 AM).
trying to be cool
Gold Tier
Nature: Quiet
I tend to express my feelings to other people. Sharing my thoughts always makes me feel better, you know? Sometimes, if it's really personal and I don't want anyone knowing about it, I keep it to myself and find some alternative way to cheer myself up. I might read a book, watch a sitcom, go to YouTube, or play games.
“You see, love liberates. It doesn’t bind. Love says I love you, I love you if you’re in China, I love you if you’re across town, I love you if you’re in Harlem. I love you. I would like to be near you, I’d like to have your arms around me, I’d like to hear your voice in my ear. But that’s not possible now. So, I love you. Go.”

Old July 15th, 2013 (2:09 PM).
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to MisterCotton
When depression develops in me, the first I do is video games, comedy, or rest. Usually rest works well because it provides moments of silence and peace.

Old July 15th, 2013 (2:56 PM).
Still missing that hair
Nature: Quirky
When I'm feeling depress, I create an idea in my mind involving me killing the person who made me depressed in the first place, then end my own life after that with no remorse. But I never want to do such a thing irl, so what I do is moan about how I'm a monster and how I'm a mistake and don't deserve to exist in hopes of someone agreeing with me to make my life feel more miserable than it's suppose to be.
R.I.P. Serena's long hair (2013-2015)
Old July 19th, 2013 (9:37 AM).
♥ Cammybear ♥
Crystal TierCS
Nature: Gentle
I try to veg and and relax. Going outside for a swim or a walk tends to work, too, as long as someone else is partaking with me. If I'm stuck by myself I tend to become even more depressed lol

FC: 4699-7283-5972; IGN: Irène, Etoile; Trade Shop; Trade Reviews
Old July 19th, 2013 (6:51 PM).
→ you're here, aren't you?
Crystal Tier
Nature: Brave
Ahahahah.. >___> The norm is to sorta go with it, and listen to music, vent to people, etc. Though, I have this bad habit of not talking to anyone at all, all day, if I'm sad or too stressed. I do the wrong thing, and sorta close myself off. I'm self aware, so sometimes I'll make myself post on forums, or listen to music, but I will literally just kind of shut down until it fades. When I do talk to people, I tend to not reply much.

Normally I do what I can to keep myself up beat, so that I avoid all that. -w-

there's a floating, rhythmic sensation
when it rains the city lights mirror back

twitter | tumblr
Old July 19th, 2013 (9:29 PM).
Long Live The Note
Crystal Tier
Nature: Hasty
I will just get in my truck and drive for a few hours and think about why am I feeling sorry for myself, my life, and my accomplishments. I stay out until I realize that I don't have anything to be sad about and that alot of people are going through alot tougher things than I am.
Old July 20th, 2013 (5:35 AM).
Happy, and Searching.
Crystal Tier
Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Urugamosu
I head straight to YouTube, and just watch my favourite subscriptions; by the time I'm done, I'm laughing, or just feeling very happy.

Springtime, the sun is back and the breeze to accompany it..
Old July 20th, 2013 (6:18 AM).
It's pretty rare for me to be sad, but I can deal with sadness in varying ways.. if it's a very emotional moment for me I will break out into tears.. and usually if it's just normal sadness for me I will try listening to my favorite songs on either Youtube or Grooveshark if necessary, and talk with others to make me feel comfortable.

Happy Holidays
Old July 20th, 2013 (11:29 AM).
Now you see me, soon you wont!
Crystal Tier
Well since this has happened recently to me... I have a lot of things i do to drive sadness away. First of all i would drink loads of hot chocolate, then listen to loads of music, play some video games and watch some Youtube. And before i know it, the sadness is off my mind... Though it isnt always effective
From the city of angels.
And every vessel of devils.
Is there no way to save us?
Look through my eyes, see the world that you gave us!
Old July 20th, 2013 (12:16 PM).
Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Razgriz
Meh, I just listen to music, read a book, hang out with friends, play videogames, whatever comes up
I've exposed your lies, baby
The underneath is no big surprise
Now its time, for changing and cleansing everything
To forget your love
Credits to Flushed for the amazing sig!
Old July 20th, 2013 (1:02 PM).
Nature: Mild
I listen to music and find a friend to talk to. I don't hold back the natural tendency to cry as it's an effective way to vent negative emotions, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I also sometimes find myself googling kittens, and I even remember feeling better after watching Nyan Cat o.o

I'm weird, don't judge me >,>
Old July 21st, 2013 (5:02 AM).
should probably stop now
Nature: Naughty
My main reasons for getting sad are loneliness or something of the sort. Usually I just listen to music, or if I can, seeing a mate just gets rid of it completely.
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links