Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page What Video Game(s) did you spend the most money on?

For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old July 19th, 2013 (10:26 PM).
Forza titles; that series is like collecting Pokemon, but with cars. Forza Horizon got bashed by fans because there were like 20 - 30 cars in-game and everything else was DLC. So, they released a free expansion named 1000 Club to try and ease our frustration, but I don't know... I just want the cars even though the game is handled in a strict pay-to-get-all-deh-cars fashion.
Old July 20th, 2013 (10:28 PM). Edited July 22nd, 2013 by Cassino.
Total War: Shogun 2; about ¤60. Most DLC I've seen is worryingly overpriced, but for this game is okay.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (5:57 AM).
I just love ham jerky.
Nature: Adamant
$80 for an imported copy of Super Dangan Ronpa 2. I don't feel comfortable ever paying that much for a video game again.
Old July 22nd, 2013 (5:59 AM).
Now you see me, soon you wont!
Crystal Tier
Nature: Jolly
Borderlands 2: They have so many DLC's avalible and theres even more to come, by far i spend like 100 euros for the game plus all the DLC that was avalible at that time
So am I, still waiting~
For this world to stop hating?
Old August 18th, 2013 (4:53 AM).
A Scene In Between
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is the game that I've spent most of my money on. I bought the game on its release day, so that instantly took $70 dollars away for me. Then, every time they've released new maps, zombie modes, weapons, and other downloadable contents, I had to pay for them just so I can enjoy them like others do. I've also spent much of my money on Battlefield 3. This game had a lot of DLC, and I just had to get every single one of them. Plus, since I had this game for my Xbox, I had to pay for a monthly Xbox Live subscription fee.
Old August 18th, 2013 (7:09 AM).
JinxStands for Jinx! Durr.
Crystal Tier
Nature: Sassy
Skylanders. enough said
"'She's such a loser, always ready to cry!' T-t-t-ta!"

Old August 18th, 2013 (7:49 AM).
who are you
Gold Tier
Send a message via Skype™ to Apple Juice
The closest I've come to spending money on a game that wasn't an MMORPG was Temple Run 2 when they offered Usain Bolt for a limited time, lmao. I fortunately have not gotten into the usage of DLC in games. Of course, I see the appeal, and if I was extremely wealthy, I would utilize it. I'm not, though, and don't see the point when you can still get through the game without it. If I spent money on a console game, it would have to be something I wanted horribly bad, because otherwise I wouldn't even consider purchasing it.

Now, I'm sad to say that my mindset with console games did not carry over to my love for MMORPGs. Back in the day when all I did on a computer was go online and play these games, I begged my parents for money to get more in-game cash and pretty my character up with rare equipment and upgrades. I probably spent $100 on MapleStory a few years ago. That was definitely a dark time, haha. Eventually, I got out of that obsession and now I never spend money on games. I'm relieved that I changed, because now I realize the uselessness of what I was doing!

LP/Guide/Review of the Week! - create one now and it could be featured!
shawn , janna , dave // credit
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links