The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Are you proud of your hometown?
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Vital
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Vital
Dat inspiration.

New York City? Yeah, I'm definitely proud. We've managed to reduce crime in this place so much, it really astounds me sometimes. It's also just really well known, so maybe I'm a little biased? Hah, but yeah. NYC is my baby.
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Sydney is actually one of the cooler parts of Australia to live in, and anyone who follows the Olympics would know it cuz it hosted the Olympics in 2000, which were apparently the first ones I ever watched on TV. Some people think it's weird because it has a bridge that looks like a giant coathanger but it's a very iconic part of Australia but it's a really great tourist destination. I only live like two suburbs south of the city area itself but I still do live fairly close. And also it's home to some of Australia's most famous beaches as well!

I think it's a great part of Australia to live in, and I wouldn't have liked living anywhere else.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old June 24th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Broken_Arrow
Paper plane~

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Broken_Arrow
Yes,i am..it's a beautiful city and a peaceful place by the shore of the sea,is there any better?? ..the only thing i hate about it that it gets sooo quite in winter.

Old June 24th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Limerent
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
Sydney is actually one of the cooler parts of Australia to live in, and anyone who follows the Olympics would know it cuz it hosted the Olympics in 2000, which were apparently the first ones I ever watched on TV. Some people think it's weird because it has a bridge that looks like a giant coathanger but it's a very iconic part of Australia but it's a really great tourist destination. I only live like two suburbs south of the city area itself but I still do live fairly close. And also it's home to some of Australia's most famous beaches as well!

I think it's a great part of Australia to live in, and I wouldn't have liked living anywhere else.
Proud of Sydney? The harbour is pretty scenic I guess. It's ok, but we do have pretty outdated public transport and congestion, and if you watch ACA us young people are all binge drinkers who go to the city every night, get blind wasted and cause inebriated havoc. That's not great. Some Sydney residents are not exactly the most amazing types (esshayz lads) and all that. Education here is ok, but god so many kids can't read. Then again, I live in the Western Suburbs (I'm not a bogan, honest!) so my view will be different from yours though. But every time I go to the CBD it is pleasant and a fun adventure, there are many worse places I could live in honestly, and every time I tell foreigners I live here they have a positive reaction, so yes I'm sort of proud to live in Sydney Quality of life here is pretty darn good!

Edit: I also like the weather (yes,even now :D)
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:26 PM
nimbo
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Nature: Naughty
I'm from Detroit and I am not proud of it. It's bankrupt and crime is insanely high, there isn't much to be proud of.
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:27 PM
LilJz
Zoeeyyyyy! ♥
Community Supporter

Montreal? It's not bad. Lots and lots of events during both winter and summer (Obviously there's more in summer, but wtv :])

Thing I hate? Expensive public transport fee and they're not reliable at times you need them to be and always constructions going around in Montreal so it's hard to drive around. But security wise, it's really nice. We've had 12 murders since January which isn't so bad right? Compared to other cities.

We have a good number of malls here and it's also home to the biggest underground mall in the world (Which is getting boring for me now, since I go there often)

But Montreal is a nice place for both living here and visiting, I like my city and I'm not planning on moving to another city, I wanna stay here :3
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Black Ice
[XV]

pros: one of the cheapest places in the nation, plenty of stuff to do, not redneck like the rest of the state
cons: everyone thinks there's nothing to do and that it's redneck like the rest of the state, dumbass governor
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Starry Windy
The curious dude
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
I'm quite proud of my hometown, regardless of whatever happened to my city.
Pairs | PC Family | My PC Blog | Twitter | Tumblr
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
I was born in a farming town with 300 people....I miss it. The best childhood anyone could ever have.
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Ephemeral Euphoria
Devil In Exile

Since my hometown is basically a gang infested trashheap nowadays I wouldn't say that I'm proud of it in the slightest.

One piece at a time.
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
My hometown of Hines Creek? A place where farmers and drunks collide. Nothing more to say, really.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Marisa
ghost lead
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Marisa
Hm.

My hometown is full of drunks and junkies. As in, people who are just really stupid and...yeah.

I'm not really proud, but home is home, and that's what counts.
pairs
family
credit
theme
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Cadance
& Shining Armour

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Cadance
My hometown of Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico...

Not so much, actually. Lately crime has been a huge factor there, and traffic is effing horrible. So no. I hate it there sooo much.

KASEY KAHNE
oral-b usa 500 winner | atlanta, georgia | august 31, 2014
moderator of fan clubs & groups | battle server moderator

Shining Armour
Old June 24th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Talli
Prince of the Ninja tribe

Nature: Naughty
not anymore, as crime/homeless is really high in my home town.
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
Woodbridge, the suburbs of Toronto. I think the only annoying thing I could say about it are the bad public transportation, and the parking-lot loiterers, and the spoiled kids, but everything else is really nice. In retrospect, the cons aren't even that bad at all. Especially with having Toronto right closeby, it's easy to go into the city if you wanted to have a day out or find something you needed. I'm proud of it and I miss it.
Old June 25th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
I have not been to my hometown in over 17 years, Anaheim CA (which is a suburb of Los Angeles), so I don't know how its changed for the good or bad, so when I was there I was young so I remember very little of it. I can't rate my hometown at all. I would love to go back and visit some day.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenge -
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: X

Last edited by Playful_Weasel; June 25th, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old June 25th, 2013, 01:17 AM
AWsquared
I know what things are.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
My hometown is St.Louis, Missouri which I still live in today. I would say I'm proud of living there for the most part. Crime rate there is a bit lower it seems than it was, but it consistently has been placed as the most dangerous city in US, but it hasn't been as bad as it used to be it seems. Though I haven't witnessed as much crime in my area of the city. One plus is that traffic's pretty good here. While I wouldn't say it isn't non-existent, it's not as bad as some cities. It's easy to get from one place to another without much delay. Though some time you might have be stuck in jam, but they only last 2-5 minutes tops. One thing I love about St. Louis is there's many fun things to do that are free. We have a free zoo, a free art museum, free science museum and planetarium, free history museum , and an outdoor musical theatre that has 1500 free seats and with 11000 seats in the largest outdoor theatre in the nation, also known as The Muny. The Muny is rather famous too cause there's been numerous numbers of celebrities who's appeared in shows. For example , John O Hurley from Seinfeld, was in their performance of Spamalot and played King Arthur too, the main role. I went last Monday and it was excellent! And Phyllis Smith from The Office is gonna be in an upcoming version of the musical Nunsance .Plus we have The Cardinals, the most decorated and most successful baseball team in all of MLB history with eleven World Series championships, 18 National League pennants, and ten division titles.

So overall, I would say I'm proud for most part, though there's some things like crime , I'm not so happy of.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old June 25th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Zach
Sniiiii~

My hometown is Tampa, in which I reside now in one of its many suburbs. I am not proud of it because I've lived here my entire life, but I at least know my way around the city without a GPS.

However, I guess what makes me proud is that crime in Tampa is nothing like crime in the neighboring county of Polk, where crime is tremendous.
Fairy
Old June 25th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Hoenn
➜is not the last B E A C O N

Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
When I was less than a year old, I moved away from my hometown and never re-visited for much time, so I don't think I have a good opinion on it. Although for the next five years I lived in a place of extreme awesomeness and stuffz. Added to that was natural beauty and having an actual garden, as well as befriending a wild peacock. Nostalgia hits me all day long

Previously known as Elaitenstile 
Old June 25th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Depends on which one I count. I don't remember living in Brooklyn all too well because I was so young, but I certainly don't take pride in the craphole where I grew up in SC (not gonna name the actual city). Actually, all of SC is a craphole.
Old June 25th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky
I used to be, but not now. It used to be a beautiful community with everything you needed. Next thing I know I am standing in a wasteland of drunkies, weirdo's and most probably perverts.

WHY DOES GOD HATE NICE TOWNS???!!!
Old June 25th, 2013, 06:42 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
[Left PC]
Community Supporter

Half of that city is all scenic and stuff. The rest is a crime-ridden mess. I'm from somewhere in between those places haha.
But yeah sure. It's a pretty cool place, so long as you someone isn't mugging you. {:

If you mean where I live now, it's pretty uninteresting. The occasional drug bust or shooting. It really isn't the kind of place where you want to be alone at night. Especially in a nearby forest. That's one of those places you avoid going to alone at all costs, no matter what time of day. >_<
(Copy/paste the above into your browser)

Last edited by ⊗Slenderman⊗; July 30th, 2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:16 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

My hometown is a little, rich, exurban town in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis and Saint Paul) area. I like the town, and it's not a terrible place to live, but it's so far from everything that I'd like to move to a larger town that actually has some public transportation. They're not terrible at planning for future growth, but the people refuse to support any sort of mass-transit in the area, so that will probably come back to bite them in the rear at some point.

The Twin Cities as a whole, however, are something I am very proud of, given the fact that there is a lot of intercity cooperation on how things should develop regionally, including various rail lines, with many of those proposals actually starting to get done this decade. It's also a pretty nice place to live, even in the worst neighborhoods.
Old June 25th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Aeon
Now face the avalanche

I'm neutral on Denver. I grew up in a quiet and older neighborhood so it wasn't too bad. Some of the city is pretty while others looked like a steaming pile of crap (some just left there to rot.) I might be returning to it eventually whether I like it or not, but I prefer where I am now.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here