The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 25th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Brynjolf
It's so overt it's covert

Advertise here
Everyone around me says this town sucks but It's just the people in it that suck. We've got some idiots living here.. But overall it's a nice town. Minus the idiots.

I guess.

I would rather not live here but y'know, it's tolerable.
Old June 25th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I grew up in a very small town and it really didn't have many stores or people. I am proud of it because of the experiences it had, but we had to drive 40 minutes to get to the nearest mall so I just wish maybe it had more things to offer, but overall not a bad town.

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old June 26th, 2013, 12:16 AM
Brendino
Hold your breath. Make a wish. Count to three.

Nature: Quiet
Living in the suburbs of Vancouver, there isn't anything spectacular about my town, but I guess nothing really to complain about either.

If I were to lump myself in with Vancouver itself, I can easily be both proud and disappointed by it. I can be proud that it's such a beautiful city, it's home to such a diverse group of people, and it's hosted some major events like the World Expo, Winter Olympics and the upcoming women's FIFA World Cup. But, there's lots to dislike about it, too, like the awfully high cost of living here compared to a majority of North America, having a rising amount of drug abuse and violence in and around the city, and having stupid things like the Stanley Cup riots in 2011 tarnishing our reputation. All in all I'd say I'm proud of the city as a whole, but find it easy to pick out its flaws.
Old June 28th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Last month I would have said no.

But now I've moved to Charlotte, North Carolina which is awesome because (a) it's in the south and (b) it's big enough so there's actually stuff for me to do and (c) I actually know people here from my college days.

(we will not bring up the topic of the craptacular Carolina Panthers lol)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Mr Cat Dog
Everything Will Be OK

Nature: Relaxed
I don't really think about my hometown all that much, if I'm honest. I grew up in a city in the north of England called Durham. Most British people know it as the location of Durham Cathedral, a Norman-age cathedral that houses the bones of St. Cuthbert who... was famous for something! Not entirely sure what. For people outside of the UK, it's best known as the location for the film (and musical) Billy Elliot. In many ways, it's a city that's still recovering from a massive change in industry and social structure since the '80s from coal-mining to a more service-based sector. Added to that that there's a relatively small population that fluctuates massively due to the university in it which means there's not all that much to do. Essentially, it's fine for what it is, but I have no real desire to go back.
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Sanguine
À la prochaine!
Community Supporter

Paris is pretty nice, and the atmosphere is amazing. So yeah, I'm proud of my hometown, and I would never change it

[02:57] -Dark Azelf: u liek teh bottix
[19:45] -Dark Azelf: she is evil and cute kinda like satan except in a bunny forme

[00:57] -Kanzler: stupid guys make me homo
[23:11] +PervertedPika: Yeah, I have had bad things happen when my family was home and I was having Marky time in my room ;.;
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Snowdrop
Throw a blanket over it!

Nature: Jolly
Ha ha, I love this title. I swear I'm, like, the only one who thinks the live-action Scooby-Doo movies weren't that bad... =P

Anyway, my hometown is, like, a block away from where I live now and I'm neutral towards it. It's not as bad as the other areas around here, but it's got nothing really special... I'd like to move north when I'm older, even if it's more expensive.

EDIT: SHOOT I didn't mean to like my own post, sorry xP

Last edited by Snowdrop; July 7th, 2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Warship
異議あり!

Nature: Jolly
well i like ankara. we have a mall (albeit small) almost next to our house and the site i live in is quite peaceful. the city pretty big so i cant get to wherever i want but still i can go to many places. you could say im quite proud of my town
Old July 7th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Purple Materia
Shape the future!
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Careful
Not really. The city was marked as one of the most dangerous cities in America in 2012, coming in at 10th. Second in the California region. Also named one of the most miserable cities in the US. How's that?

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm
Old July 7th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Not really. The town where I was born and lived in for 12 years is not exactly a nice place. It's full of rednecks, racism, crime, and methheads. The town I live in now is full of stupid people with too much money. Ah well, at least I get to go off to college soon...

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old July 7th, 2013, 06:20 PM
NightOfRemorse
my anxieties have anxieties

Nature: Lonely
My city is pretty boring, everyone here usually just drives the ten minutes needed to get to San Francisco and then you actually have **** to do.
I stay away
Old July 9th, 2013, 01:41 PM
jcl

New York City represent Bloodex is right, the environment has definitely improved. I still see a lot of crazies in the subway though.
Old July 9th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?
Community Supporter

Its not so much that I'm not proud of my hometown, because I'm very proud with of it for how much its grown yet still manages to be very clean, but the problem I have is just that: it has grown.
My hometown looks nothing like I did when I was a kid. It used to be just a small town, but then a lot of companies moved their HQ's there, which along with allowing me to meet some cool people from all over the world, caused the town to grow rapidly and all of the surrounding towns to hate us.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here