|About PokéCommunity Daily|
|Contribute to Daily|
|What is Live?|
|Open Chat in Popup|
|Open Chat in External Client|
|Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.
June 25th, 2013 (4:03 AM). Edited July 1st, 2013 by TehFisharmahn.
The Forgotten Taste of Freedom
OOC thread is here - please post Sign-Ups there.
Hello to my RPG. If you want a quick reference to what it is all about, I can tell you that as a player you will be a spy in service of the people who will fight for freedom beside your loyal Pokemon partners. This is no console game-like experience. Your Pokemon won't have a possibility to be healed after a battle. They will be killed viciously by your enemies considering you and your kind as rebels, pests who must be blasted to oblivion. Will you take the challange?
At the beginning - sorry for some grammatical errors. I'm not english, but I hope everything is understandable
Every player is to become a part of The Resistance. With an aid of a tamed Pokemon (or a few of them, if they choose to), they will try to make living better for the mankind. There are no magical Pokeballs, there are no Poke Centers capable of doing miraculous healings. People die. Pokemon die. Nobody is safe.
For further notice, players start in a hidden Resistance base situated in a forest south of Mahogany Town (there are about 20 people here, but it is big enough to hold up to 50).
Let's get to the technical part
Everyone willing to take part in my campaign is to stick to following rules:
1. Two basic RPG rules (1. GM is always right; 2. If GM is not right, see point 1. )
2. If not stated differently below, all regular PC rules apply
3. Any absence should be noted (by PMs [it sounds so wrong...] sent to me), if it won't be and the player will not write anything in more than 3 days (that is tops), I shall make decision by myself as if they were an NPC (sentient and intelligent, so I won't suicide you, no worries). If absence is noted, I will discuss the actions of the player with him- or herself
4. As I previously stated, death is an option (both player's and their pokemon's)
5. Basically, all the players are a part of weak minority, hence heroism and stupidity are close to each other (it's more of a remark than a rule)
6. Players have control over them ONLY. Their Pokemon are tamed, but have their own consciousness, you can give them orders, but not decide what they do by yourself. In the heat of the battle, on the countrary to Anime's customs, one would rarely scream the orders. A trained partner would more likely adjust to commands given at the beginning of the fight, but would be thoughtful of trainer's 'tips'. Having one-word commands for given fighting styles is a good idea, but any kind of creativity in training is even better
7. As stated in the story part, there are no magical pokeballs, revives, potions, pokecenters, rocket grunts giving money after being defeated and running away and so on. Players should know when to forfeit the battle and mind the life of theirs' and their Pokemon's. Acquiring a partner would require some skill in handing those magical creatures, this skill will be a kind of statistic in a game (explained later).
8. Pokemon up to 4th generation (yet I myself prefer them up to the second, but I know much about all 493)
9. The world we play in, to make it easier for everyone (I'm polish, so I know much about Europe, but other continents aren't my best side), is from Pokemon games, but more realistic. I know, this world is somewhat situated in our real one, but everyone here knows Johto and Kanto inside-out, don't we? Hence, we play mainly in these two
10. Rating - M. We pretty much die here, swearing could be seen (so we can create an appropriate atmosphere)
Number of players:
Due to the spy-like character of the game, I'd like no more than 6 players (this can expand later).
That is pretty much all. If I find something else worth noticing, I shall do so. I hope I'll find at least four players willing to take place in this far from regular Pokemon game