The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 15th, 2013 (11:07 AM).
Anna
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Ignition is such a great ship. (~ ̄▽ ̄)~ I can't wait to actually watch their episodes sequentially because sdfgh bbys

XY Ships... people are already working on those lmao. Diode! (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・ And Max/Bonnie is either LittleSibling or FourthWheel. Ash/Serena is probably named but not yet updated... idk I don't name ships lol.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 15th, 2013 (01:44 PM).
ZeroX5

Nature: Modest
According to Pokemon Smash, it was apparently stated that Ash already knows Serena, and has met her else-ware before. Make of that what you will.
Old September 15th, 2013 (01:51 PM).
Moltres Rider
Banned

Ever since I saw the episode where Iris rode Zekrom in Ash's dream, I ship a Pokémon x Human relationship between Iris & Zekrom
Old September 15th, 2013 (02:08 PM).
Anna
Community Supporter

Already knows Serena...? Weird. Is she a childhood friend, or someone he meets off-screen, or someone he meets earlier in Kalos and then joins him as a companion later?
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 15th, 2013 (02:12 PM).
ZeroX5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternallyAnna View Post
Already knows Serena...? Weird. Is she a childhood friend, or someone he meets off-screen, or someone he meets earlier in Kalos and then joins him as a companion later?
Shōko Nakagawa on Smash mentioned he had met her already in the past, and the other cast members on the show asked "where?", but he didn't give an answer. Apparently she's a rookie trainer too, but that was kinda to be expected.

This has potential. XD
Old September 15th, 2013 (02:15 PM).
Anna
Community Supporter

WELL THIS IS RLLY WEIRD. I want childhood friends (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・ And I wonder what effect previously knowing each other will have on their relationship?
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 15th, 2013 (08:10 PM).
Lucreciatwo
A Mewtwo Lover

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Yahoo to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Skype™ to Lucreciatwo
Is Canon X OC Shipping allowed?
Old September 15th, 2013 (08:31 PM).
MTG
Burning shooting star!

Quote:
Ignition is such a great ship. (~ ̄▽ ̄)~ I can't wait to actually watch their episodes sequentially because sdfgh bbys
ehh, you mean in DP or something else? the only episodes i know are in DP. <__<;
Old September 15th, 2013 (10:22 PM).
Famon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroX5 View Post
According to Pokemon Smash, it was apparently stated that Ash already knows Serena, and has met her else-ware before. Make of that what you will.
May be, She was Ash's first crush !!!
Which Ash didn't understand himself due to being too young???
He called that feeling ''unusual Heartbeat'' .
After all , The Player character (Calem/Serena) moved to kalo region .
So May be Serena used to live in Pallet Town before moving to Kalo region with her Parent .

Old September 16th, 2013 (07:17 AM). Edited September 16th, 2013 by Anna.
Anna
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucreciatwo View Post
Is Canon X OC Shipping allowed?
I mean... you can talk about it if you want but I doubt anyone else will be interested.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG View Post
ehh, you mean in DP or something else? the only episodes i know are in DP. <__<;
DP of course. I've only seen one ep with Flint I think. In the process of watching all of DP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Famon View Post
May be, She was Ash's first crush !!!
Which Ash didn't understand himself due to being too young???
He called that feeling ''unusual Heartbeat'' .
After all , The Player character (Calem/Serena) moved to kalo region .
So May be Serena used to live in Pallet Town before moving to Kalo region with her Parent .
idk about that... shipping it that way would be fine but I really doubt it would be explicitly stated or even implied. I didn't know the protag recently moved to Kalos though- that does support a potential childhood friendship.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 16th, 2013 (07:36 AM).
MTG
Burning shooting star!

oh ok, i was 'bout to say. xD
though, i need to watch some eps of flint and volkner some more to get to know them alittle more. right now, i like i posted before, i'm doing a crossover of them playing a game together. a game to die for!
Old September 16th, 2013 (11:31 AM).
J. D. Guy
Pokemon Fan Forever!

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Quote:
Shōko Nakagawa on Smash mentioned he had met her already in the past, and the other cast members on the show asked "where?", but he didn't give an answer. Apparently she's a rookie trainer too, but that was kinda to be expected.

This has potential. XD
Is this true? If so, all I can say is "Wow!".

I read a post once that was speculating/wishing that they'd make Shauna a childhood friend that Ash once new that he'd meet up again in Kalos.

If this is true, then this would mean that they might do something like this, but with Serena.

For the most part, we almost never learn anything regarding Ash's past before he became a Trainer. This outta be very intriguing. Would certainly lead to a lot of interesting stories, both Anime and fanfiction-wise.

I can't wait to find out more.
Old September 19th, 2013 (12:25 AM).
Famon

You know , I tried people kept telling that Kids Anime like Pokemon shouldn't have any Shipping !
Specially when Doraemon has romance even though it meant for ever younger audience then Pokemon.
I mean , Look at this-

If I wish something like this in Pokemon then there will be some people telling Ash is just 10 year and this scene is not suitable for Pokemon Audience.
Doraemon even made a Whole OVA about Nobita & Shizuka's marriage .
So As I see , Pokemon is an Anime that need Audience and a huge part of fandom is a shipper So The Anime should use shipping rather then get rid of it in order to make Pokemon a Kids Anime .
I believe People just think of Dating and other heavy romantic stuff instate of A simple romance when anybody mention Shipping

Old September 19th, 2013 (06:19 AM).
Anna
Community Supporter

There's a difference between shipping and canon romance. The Pokémon fandom enjoys shipping, but the anime needs no romance.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 19th, 2013 (09:56 AM).
KingCyndaquil
Pokemon Master

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
There's a difference between shipping and canon romance. The Pokémon fandom enjoys shipping, but the anime needs no romance.
Romance actually isn't anything new in the Pokemon series, so it CAN fit, easily too. After all, Pokemon falls into the Shonen genre of anime anyway. It's not like it would be hard.

We saw girls had feelings for Ash in Kanto, Johto, Battle Frontier, Pokemon The Movie 2000, Hoenn, a FEW times in DP and Pokemon Heros.

I understand that Shipping is different from Canon, but romance, although to a small degree, would actually make the series interesting. It doesn't need Clannad levels of romance lol.

3DS FC: 4184-2489-6268 (Pokemon Y)
Old September 19th, 2013 (04:12 PM).
ZeroX5

It seems that Ash and Serena, at the very least, were passing acquaintances when they were younger. But from the short little flashback of her's, he might have left a good impression on her.

However, given the fact that it's confirmed that Clemont's little sister Bonnie is stern in her desire to find her big bro a wife he's 10 what the hell idk, if Serena did have a thing for Ash..it would eventually switch over to Serena x Clemont. I dunno, just a feeling i got.
Old September 19th, 2013 (04:24 PM).
Master Trainer Empoleon

Shipping is going through the roof this saga!

As far as Serena x Clemont thing goes. It's possible but who knows? I also think that they're older than 10 this region. Ash seems to have been aged.

Old September 20th, 2013 (09:12 AM).
Famon

Plot Twist : Ash isn't clueless About Romance !
He understand the concept of Love and Notice other girl feeling for him but he decided to pretend to be oblivious Because He's already has a secret crush on his Childhood Friend Serena and he didn't wanted to confront other girls .

Just Kidding !!!!

However , I hope Ash & Serena's relationship isn't like Ash & Dawn where Serena show Open Admiration toward Ash .
Since they are childhood friend , I want them to act like Childhood friend .
Like , Ash & Serena calling each other by special nick name and Ash trying to show off his maturity only to get Tease by Serena and Both of them start arguing.

Basically like How Ash & Misty will act if they bump into each other now.

Old September 20th, 2013 (09:43 AM).
Lucreciatwo
A Mewtwo Lover

Send a message via AIM to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Yahoo to Lucreciatwo Send a message via Skype™ to Lucreciatwo
I know I'll get shot for this.
But I ship Mewtwo with my OC (gets shot)
Old September 20th, 2013 (04:49 PM).
Anna
Community Supporter

I still say DiodeShipping is going to be big. (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・

In other news, I was looking for a little notebook to take to work and found one with mostly-done CaféMocha fic that I didn't remember writing. I might publish that. Bookends, you know- did a fic soon after Dent appeared and could do one right after he left.
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 22nd, 2013 (05:15 AM).
Master Trainer Empoleon

What is diodeshipping? Never head of that one before.

Old September 22nd, 2013 (08:10 AM).
Anna
Community Supporter

Diode is Ash/Clemont! There's already fanart appearing on my tumblr dash and it's really cute and I think they'll get along really well but probably fight a lot and their relationship is going to be really cute whether you interpret shippy or not (ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・

[click pics for source]

"…You fall from Heaven?"
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old September 26th, 2013 (08:46 AM).
Famon

For Shipping Sake , I hope Serena will be like Gwen (Ben 10) , Akane (Ranma1/2) Or Misty !!!
If She start treating Ash formally Or gently like May/Dawn then this shipping will be over before it begun.
Since they are childhood friend , I would love if She & Ash has ''Love & Hate'' relationship first .

Old October 3rd, 2013 (06:09 AM). Edited October 3rd, 2013 by Master Trainer Empoleon.
Master Trainer Empoleon

I come bearing gifts! I obviously don't know the context of this scene so don't shoot the messenger!

I think this is the first time Ash has been taller than his female companion. Also, the favorite name for Ash x Serena is Kalosshipping. Spread the word!

Old October 3rd, 2013 (04:16 PM).
Lucreciatwo
A Mewtwo Lover

If I had to do a canon shipping, I would support the Mewtwo from the previous ones with the one from the 16th movie. (is shot)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links