• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Lovely Amity Square

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
In Hearthome City, you could visit a park where you could walk with your Cute Pokemon. This place is called Amity Square. What do you think about this park, and what's your experience there? Feel free to discuss!

Years
I don't really remember going to Amity Square and based upon the Pokémon that the player is allowed to take in, I can imagine I visited it once with my starter and then never thought about it again.

It was largely pointless except for the items you could obtain, but since every area has items it isn't much of a redeeming feature.

I do appreciate it was probably a good test of the following feature so that it could then be implemented in HG/SS though which means I accept that it was probably a good idea. Plus other players may like things like this.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I didn't really like Amity Square that much. It did seem like a test-trial of the Follow-me-feature but all in all, I didn't find any part of it particularly thrilling. It's also rather annoying that only a few handful of Pokemon are let in. The only good things to me personally were the accessories you could get and the scenery. However I didn't really like it in any way other than that. :p

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Basically the only way I used it was with my Pokétch Step Counter and hold item abuse. Plethora of berries collected around, I wonder how the fluff does my Torterra find then.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Like most others I didn't like the restrictions they placed on the Pokemon you were and weren't allowed to take in. Consequently, I didn't really enjoy my time there. Collecting a few items from around the area as well as from my Pokemon was a neat little feature, but for the most part I found it rather boring.

Years
The Pokemon restrictions were a little annoying, but at least I did like most of the Pokemon they did include (Happiny, Pachirisu, Buneary, Psyduck, Pikachu etc) and also Platinum added the Sinnoh starter lines. The fact you could pick up accessories for Contests and also rare berries was what made it pretty fun.

Years
It was a fun little idea that they added to the game, but with a very select amount of Pokemon you could have follow you, and not all that much to do while in there, I didn't really care for it. Granted, it gave us a little taste of what was to come in HG/SS, but we still should've been able to pick from more than just 4% of available Pokemon (and only 2% of known Pokemon in D/P).

PandaBoy

gotta catch 'em all
Years
I wanted to go in with my Cleffa, but the security there said that Cleffa isn't cute enough. But Clefairy was. Isn't Cleffa like thousands more cuter than Clefairy??

Sirfetch’d

I really loved this place and thought it was a neat feature, although it was a little too limited imo. I would always walk my little Drifloon, Floons :3

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I did not like that you could only choose from a few pokemon. If I had been able to use whatever pokemon I wanted, I would have gone back a lot more often and actually used the square. It really didn't impress me much though.

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
Amity Square felt like the beta testing of HGSS's walking feature. I did not like Amity Square. I remember walking in, thinking it would allow me to walk with Shinx. Surely Shinx fulfills the cute criteria, right? WRONG.

Psyduck does, though. Interestingly enough, bonding with the random Psyduck I caught in my PC through Amity Square convinced me to keep her in my team. :)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, in Diamond I hated it. I just went in it the first time today, as I'm going to try use Happiny. But before then I never had the right pokémon (Chimchar and Shinx don't get in...). Platinum was a slight improvement with the items as well as being able to walk with your starter.
But at least it led to the best feature of HGSS.

Years
It was an adorable little feature but the Pokemon you were able to take were so limited. I'd have loved if you could take any Pokemon you want and it was more interactive. :(

Back