< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Pokémon Clubs The Pokémon Trainer Association

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

 
 
Thread Tools
  #51    
Old August 7th, 2013 (12:33 PM).
Nolafus's Avatar
Nolafus Nolafus is offline
On a DLoA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lost in thought... again
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 5,755
Water is one of the most commonly used types and is often referred to as the best type. It can cover its weaknesses very well while still maintaining great type coverage. It's a great type with a lot of different options.
PairPC sister

Relevant Advertising!

  #52    
Old August 7th, 2013 (3:34 PM).
HeyLoro's Avatar
HeyLoro HeyLoro is offline
So shiny!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Bark Town
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Posts: 32
[b]Username:[b] HeyLoro
Your Goals: Hmm, not much really. I just started replaying SoulSilver today, and I've also been replaying Platinum, almost done replaying Black.
"If you shine with an inner light, all that surrounds you will be illuminated by it!"
  #53    
Old August 7th, 2013 (8:22 PM).
Squirrel Squirrel is offline
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 8,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayr231 View Post
Water is one of the most commonly used types and is often referred to as the best type. It can cover its weaknesses very well while still maintaining great type coverage. It's a great type with a lot of different options.
Quite a boring type too, don't you think? ;o I dislike the sheer amount of Water-type Pokémon, it makes them feel so common and boring haha. (Ignore the Floatzel posts!) I love a lot of the Water Pokémon and I like the type on the whole, but I see something rarer like Poison or Steel as a lot more fun to use on a team. You really have to think hard about getting them to blend in and it's a much better test of your training skills. What do you guys think?
  #54    
Old August 7th, 2013 (9:29 PM).
Nolafus's Avatar
Nolafus Nolafus is offline
On a DLoA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lost in thought... again
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 5,755
Quote:
Quite a boring type too, don't you think? ;o I dislike the sheer amount of Water-type Pokémon, it makes them feel so common and boring haha. (Ignore the Floatzel posts!) I love a lot of the Water Pokémon and I like the type on the whole, but I see something rarer like Poison or Steel as a lot more fun to use on a team. You really have to think hard about getting them to blend in and it's a much better test of your training skills. What do you guys think?
That's why I like the grass type! Poison and electric are probably the only other types I don't see often. Steel is pretty common because all those resistances really attract people and secondary typings means there's a counter for each weakness.
PairPC sister
  #55    
Old August 8th, 2013 (12:20 AM).
Dark Shadow 6's Avatar
Dark Shadow 6 Dark Shadow 6 is offline
Friends Till The End
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nimbasa City Unova
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 489
So This Club Moved To MIAU


Now Im Playing Emerald,Gold,Fire Red,Diamond,Black

For Complete The Ultimate Monotype Challenge With Fire Type Pokemons And Be Come The Best Fire-Type Trainer In The World
  #56    
Old August 8th, 2013 (12:27 AM).
Nakala Pri Nakala Pri is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 2,386
Username: Gym Leader Rozu.

Your Goals: To become the very best like no one ever was!

I wish to join and stuff! xD
  #57    
Old August 8th, 2013 (3:22 AM).
Nolafus's Avatar
Nolafus Nolafus is offline
On a DLoA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lost in thought... again
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 5,755
Welcome you guys! I can't officially accept you into the club, that's Miau job, but make sure to keep us posted on how your goals are going! I'd be interested to hear about your progress through all those games Musaddiq, and just how do you plan to become the best Rozu?
PairPC sister
  #58    
Old August 8th, 2013 (4:55 AM).
<Challenger>'s Avatar
<Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
Goodbye PC...for now.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 2,480
[b]Username:[b] Heretostay123, but you can call me HTS or Heretostay
Your Goals: It's very obvious. There is only one true reason to want to be a pokemon trainer: I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was. To catch them is my real test! To train them is my cause! I will travel across the land searching far and wide. Each pokemon to understand the power that's inside! *Sings the rest of the pokemon theme song*
  #59    
Old August 8th, 2013 (6:04 AM). Edited August 8th, 2013 by BurningLanguages.
BurningLanguages's Avatar
BurningLanguages BurningLanguages is offline
Student Linguist
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States of America
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 193
Hi heretostay123 this is a great Association you will love it here!

On a side note I will be training my ditto a little bit more today! I'm pretty pumped about that
  #60    
Old August 8th, 2013 (6:49 AM).
HeyLoro's Avatar
HeyLoro HeyLoro is offline
So shiny!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Bark Town
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Posts: 32
Alrightly, well a little while ago I was playing SoulSilver. I've gotten to the Slowpoke town. One of my favorite SS parts lol.
Though I've forgotten a bad thing about replaying SS and that's Whitney, eheh...
"If you shine with an inner light, all that surrounds you will be illuminated by it!"
  #61    
Old August 8th, 2013 (6:51 AM).
Squirrel Squirrel is offline
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 8,561
Welcome new members, great to see y'all here! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal Spirit View Post
On a side note I will be training my ditto a little bit more today! I'm pretty pumped about that :P
Interesting, this is something I've never even considered haha - what's your plan for this? How would you actually go about training a Ditto? You'd always be one turn behind in the battles and whilst using the same stats/moves as them (but probably with less HP?), I can't imagine it'd be an easy one to train in any sense. I'd love to hear what you do to level it up because it's one that I've always wanted to use but I've just never had the dedication haha. Let us know how it works out for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyLoro View Post
Alrightly, well a little while ago I was playing SoulSilver. I've gotten to the Slowpoke town. One of my favorite SS parts lol.
Though I've forgotten a bad thing about replaying SS and that's Whitney, eheh...
Ahah, that Miltank is the bane of most trainers. What Pokémon are you training to use against it?
  #62    
Old August 8th, 2013 (6:56 AM). Edited August 8th, 2013 by mucus.
mucus's Avatar
mucus mucus is offline
Moémon Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Usa
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 333
I'm currently training my Totodile and Whismur.
Hanging out on route 30 a lot, looking for another whismur because the one I caught really doesn't suit me.
I'll try to find her a good home, leaving them in the boxes really doesn't seem nice to me.
There are also supposed to be some Ralts here too, but I have yet to see even 1. . .
Toto may not be the cutest, but she has a lot of personality...
and with a face like Whismur's how can your heart not melt?
  #63    
Old August 8th, 2013 (7:21 AM).
HeyLoro's Avatar
HeyLoro HeyLoro is offline
So shiny!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Bark Town
Age: 17
Gender: Female
Nature: Bashful
Posts: 32
Quote:
Ahah, that Miltank is the bane of most trainers. What Pokémon are you training to use against it?
Not too sure yet. I've got my Quilava and Hoppip so I'm going to try and find more strong Pokemon before I hit Goldenrod.
"If you shine with an inner light, all that surrounds you will be illuminated by it!"
  #64    
Old August 8th, 2013 (8:26 AM).
Dark Shadow 6's Avatar
Dark Shadow 6 Dark Shadow 6 is offline
Friends Till The End
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nimbasa City Unova
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 489
Im Start Pokemon Emerald Noow For My Ultimate Monotype Challenge I Chose Torchic Now Training It
  #65    
Old August 8th, 2013 (10:31 AM).
Miau's Avatar
Miau Miau is offline
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Camphrier Town
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 707
Yay, new members and so many posts ♥

First things first. Welcome to HeyLoro, Rozu and Heretostay! Hope you enjoy the club and have fun, we're always eager to hear how you're doing with your goals

I love Water types, and somehow the fact that there are just so many Water Pokemon is making it even harder for me to put a team together. There are so just too many options! I've never made a monotype team before, that's why I chose the Water type, but it seems like it's actually turning against me, hehe! I have used a few Water Pokemon on my teams before, so half of my team will have some of them, since they're already level trained, and the other half will be new Pokemon. I guess the amount of them may be overwhelming, but somehow each of them still has its individuality. I've grown quite attached my Water Pokemon, Wailord included, even if I've never trained him for battling, he's always in my post-game team for HM purposes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal Spirit View Post
On a side note I will be training my ditto a little bit more today! I'm pretty pumped about that
Ditto is one of those gimmick Pokemon that I've never considered using in battle, I don't even know how he works in battle, so I'm really curious about your strategy too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mucus View Post
I'm currently training my Totodile and Whismur.
Hanging out on route 30 a lot, looking for another whismur because the one I caught really doesn't suit me.
I'll try to find her a good home, leaving them in the boxes really doesn't seem nice to me.
There are also supposed to be some Ralts here too, but I have yet to see even 1. . .
Toto may not be the cutest, but she has a lot of personality...
and with a face like Whismur's how can your heart not melt?
I've said this before, but those sprites are all so adorable! I'm not familiar with hacks; beside the cute new sprites, are there changes to the plot as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainerMusaddiq View Post
Im Start Pokemon Emerald Noow For My Ultimate Monotype Challenge I Chose Torchic Now Training It
Good luck with your Fire team! I never realized how popular monotype teams were, hehe.
  #66    
Old August 8th, 2013 (10:36 AM).
mucus's Avatar
mucus mucus is offline
Moémon Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Usa
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 333
There is anticipation of there being plot changes, but as it stands right now Moemon is just an adorabler version of Pokemon. (check my sig for the link)

While out training my whismur got poisoned, as soon as the battle finished I RAN to the nearest Pokemon center, which happened to be in Cherrygrove and she fainted ONE STEP from Nurse Joy!
I felt so bad.
  #67    
Old August 8th, 2013 (11:28 AM).
<Challenger>'s Avatar
<Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
Goodbye PC...for now.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 2,480
I myself have never done the challenges. I've always played through with whatever pokemon I felt like using, and pure grinding. If I WERE to use a monotype team, however, it would probably be a poison team.

I've recently restarted every single one of my games, from my original Red to my Black. I've also restarted my SS, Emerald, Platinum, Diamond, and Pearl, and my LeafGreen, not to mention my Yellow. My current goal is to beat them ALL. So far I've only beaten Black and SS. I'm at the Victory Road in Diamond, in Pearl I just started, Emerald I'm currently working on the seventh gym, in Platinum I'm making my way to Snowpoint, and in LeafGreen I'm working on the fifth/fourth gym. In Yellow I'm stuck on Brock (Freaking Pikachu!) and in Red I just restarted.
  #68    
Old August 8th, 2013 (12:29 PM).
Miau's Avatar
Miau Miau is offline
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Camphrier Town
Age: 25
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
Posts: 707
You have so many games! How do you chose the Pokemon you use between so many games? Do you try to use as many as you can? Do you have any favorites that you just have to have on your team? Questions are up for anyone who feels like answering too
  #69    
Old August 8th, 2013 (12:42 PM).
Nolafus's Avatar
Nolafus Nolafus is offline
On a DLoA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lost in thought... again
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 5,755
I usually choose whatever pokemon appeals to me at the time. Although, during replays that aren't challenges I have to force myself not to use the same pokemon as before. One thing is that I have to use the grass type starter if I can. I just can't see myself using any other type.
PairPC sister
  #70    
Old August 8th, 2013 (1:56 PM).
<Challenger>'s Avatar
<Challenger> <Challenger> is offline
Goodbye PC...for now.
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: East Coast, USA (Represent!)
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Posts: 2,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
You have so many games! How do you chose the Pokemon you use between so many games? Do you try to use as many as you can? Do you have any favorites that you just have to have on your team? Questions are up for anyone who feels like answering too
I've been a collector over the years. Haha. But I usually base my teams on the following template. I never use the same team twice with the exception of starters.
Starter:
Surfer:
Flyer:
Attack Extra:
Defense Extra:
Speed Extra:

I use as few as possible, and usually have only two pokemon by the time I arrive at the third gym in most games. I only have four in my Platinum right now. I usually don't have a full party until I reach the seventh or eighth gym. Sometimes the Pokemon League. My personal favorite pokemon that I like to have on most of my teams is Snorlax. He's my rock. In terms of starters, Kanto I normally choose Charizard, but I've gone with Venusaur in my latest playthrough. In Johto I always use Feraligator, in Hoenn Sceptile, and sometimes Swampert, in Platinum, Diamond, and Pearl I always chcoose Empoleon. In Unova I chose Samurott, but I was very disappointed with the Unova region.

EDIT: I'm very picky about my team. I beat SS all the way through a total of four times before I was finally happy with my final team.
  #71    
Old August 8th, 2013 (2:49 PM).
Squirrel Squirrel is offline
Crystal Tier
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: England
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 8,561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayr231 View Post
I usually choose whatever pokemon appeals to me at the time. Although, during replays that aren't challenges I have to force myself not to use the same pokemon as before. One thing is that I have to use the grass type starter if I can. I just can't see myself using any other type.
This is pretty much the way I play, bar the starter bit. I choose what to use as I play the game, catching and training anything that looks interesting, but I always try not to re-use anything just for the sake of avoiding repetition. I love using certain Pokémon in every team (ie Sandslash <3) but for the most part I aim to use completely different members each time to get some diversity going. As for starters, I usually end up abandoning them because they're all very samey too, but I occasionally choose to use them if they take my fancy at the time haha. Usually the cuties like Cyndaquil :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretostay123 View Post
I've been a collector over the years. Haha. But I usually base my teams on the following template. I never use the same team twice with the exception of starters.
Starter:
Surfer:
Flyer:
Attack Extra:
Defense Extra:
Speed Extra:

I use as few as possible, and usually have only two pokemon by the time I arrive at the third gym in most games. I only have four in my Platinum right now. I usually don't have a full party until I reach the seventh or eighth gym. Sometimes the Pokemon League. My personal favorite pokemon that I like to have on most of my teams is Snorlax. He's my rock. In terms of starters, Kanto I normally choose Charizard, but I've gone with Venusaur in my latest playthrough. In Johto I always use Feraligator, in Hoenn Sceptile, and sometimes Swampert, in Platinum, Diamond, and Pearl I always chcoose Empoleon. In Unova I chose Samurott, but I was very disappointed with the Unova region.

EDIT: I'm very picky about my team. I beat SS all the way through a total of four times before I was finally happy with my final team.
Your format is interesting and certainly sounds like you'll get some good teams from it, but doesn't it get kind of... samey and repetitive? I'd never be able to stick to a format like this, I'd get too bored of always having the same basic things haha.
  #72    
Old August 8th, 2013 (7:49 PM).
Dark Shadow 6's Avatar
Dark Shadow 6 Dark Shadow 6 is offline
Friends Till The End
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Nimbasa City Unova
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 489
I Finished Gold
For Trainer Type Ultimate Challenge

I Very Happy Now Im Going To Complete emerald


Gold Team After Beating Read At Mt.Silver
Spoiler:
Smarty The Typhlosion LvL 93 @none

Faster The Sneasel LvL 29 @none

Monster The Gyarados LvL 43 @none

Beetel The Heracross LvL 26 @none

Evolution The Evee LvL 32 @none

Chess The Lickitung LvL 24 @none

It's Very Hard To Beat Red
  #73    
Old August 8th, 2013 (8:42 PM).
BurningLanguages's Avatar
BurningLanguages BurningLanguages is offline
Student Linguist
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States of America
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Posts: 193
Going back to past Ditto comments on this Page, when my Ditto is a higher-level I will tell you guys how it goes. I am going through some testing myself with my Ditto, I am quite positive that he will be great on my team but only time will tell.
  #74    
Old August 8th, 2013 (11:18 PM).
Nolafus's Avatar
Nolafus Nolafus is offline
On a DLoA
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Lost in thought... again
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Posts: 5,755
Ditto can be very annoying in competitive play. You get a pokemon all stacked with your boosting move of choice and along comes Ditto (with it's dreamworld ability) to not only copy your pokemon, but copy all of the stat boosts as well. Ditto is one of the only reasons I won't throw out Breloom against a mono-normal team. I can't risk the opponent getting that kind of power. If the unthinkable happens and Breloom falls to the opponent's ditto (now Breloom), Tangrowth is there to absorb every blow.
PairPC sister
  #75    
Old August 8th, 2013 (11:31 PM).
Nakala Pri Nakala Pri is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Nature: Naughty
Posts: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayr231 View Post
Welcome you guys! I can't officially accept you into the club, that's Miau job, but make sure to keep us posted on how your goals are going! I'd be interested to hear about your progress through all those games Musaddiq, and just how do you plan to become the best Rozu?
By... rockin' it day and night! After all, A Little Poison on The Stage, A Little Poison in Your Days.

But when I'm older... I wanna become a Ranger! I know you thought I couldn't get any weirder, but I just did. So EAT IT! >:D
 
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Contact Us Archive Privacy Statement Terms of Service Top