Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page The Hive: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old November 1st, 2013 (08:44 AM).
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by Pilkie:
Hmm... I'm still not set on the Metapod vs Caterpie fight. Wouldn't Metapod's iron-wall defence easily negate Caterpie's offensive attacks, allowing for Metapod to have more time to slow its opponent with string shot and then go in for the K.O. with its tackle?
That makes sense. I am sticking with my vote though.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old November 1st, 2013 (08:51 AM).
Pokémon Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Oh, I wasn't trying to make you change your vote. I was just trying to spark a little discussion.

~---------------------------------------------------------------------------~
3DS Friend Code: 4399-0158-9260
(Note: Please PM me if you add me so I know it's a PC member and not a random)
Friend Safari: Ghost Type: Phantump, Lampent, and Golurk
Old November 20th, 2013 (05:21 PM).
Hello

Nature: Jolly
Are you upset with the lack of Bug-types in the new generation? What kind of Bug-type would you love to see be made?

Yeah I was a bit disappointed in the lack of bugs I'd like to see a Bug/Fairy type, I think Scyther could receive another evolution turning into a Orchid Mantis that is Bug/Fairy.
Old November 21st, 2013 (05:05 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Pokemount:
Are you upset with the lack of Bug-types in the new generation? What kind of Bug-type would you love to see be made?

Yeah I was a bit disappointed in the lack of bugs I'd like to see a Bug/Fairy type, I think Scyther could receive another evolution turning into a Orchid Mantis that is Bug/Fairy.
Bug/Fairy would be an appropriate combo. What exactly would this Bug/Fairy look like?
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old November 21st, 2013 (07:55 PM).
Hello

Nature: Jolly
Found some Art of a Bug/Fairy.

Old November 22nd, 2013 (05:37 AM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Pokemount:
Found some Art of a Bug/Fairy.

That is really awesome. Could be a female counterpart, kind of like Gardevoir is to Kirlia.
Old November 28th, 2013 (03:55 PM).
Face of Rubber

Nature: Quiet
Preferred username: Sonatron
Partner Pokémon: Escavalier
Bug Team:
Escavalier
._-..._ Shedinja_.._.._-_.. Scizor

Swords Dance .
X-Scissor._-_ Shadow Claw . X-Scissor.._-_ Night Slash . Venoshock
Iron Head . Bug Buzz.._-_ .._.Shadow Ball . Aerial Ace _.._-.Bullet Punch. Steel Wing

Beedrill.._..._ Galvantula .._-.._-_ Volcarona

Venoshock . Acrobatics ..._ Discharge . Signal Beam ..._-__-_Heat Wave . Silver Wind
Sludge Bomb . U-Turn ..._-_Electro Ball . Bug Buzz ..._......_Fiery Dance. Hurricane

Yay for bugs :D I'm sort of torn between Steel and Bug as my favourite type... Good thing there's a few that are both!

Pet Shop "Let's make it another great day!" RPGuild

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Old November 28th, 2013 (09:10 PM).
the pretender
Battle Server
CS

Nature: Relaxed
Welcome to the club, Sonatron! Escavalier is a fairly decent Pokemon although admittedly I've never paid that much attention to it. What makes you like it so much? Design, moves, symbolism? Personally I think it's a little on the scary side but that's just my opinion. :p

Also I could see a bug/fairy being possible! Perhaps friendly looking flying.. things? I'm horrible at thinking up of descriptions but I'd definitely like to see something along those lines. Anyone else got any ideas of how a bug/fairy could possibly look? :o
Old November 28th, 2013 (11:20 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Sonatron:
Preferred username: Sonatron
Partner Pokémon: Escavalier
Bug Team:
Escavalier
._-..._ Shedinja_.._.._-_.. Scizor

Swords Dance .
X-Scissor._-_ Shadow Claw . X-Scissor.._-_ Night Slash . Venoshock
Iron Head . Bug Buzz.._-_ .._.Shadow Ball . Aerial Ace _.._-.Bullet Punch. Steel Wing

Beedrill.._..._ Galvantula .._-.._-_ Volcarona

Venoshock . Acrobatics ..._ Discharge . Signal Beam ..._-__-_Heat Wave . Silver Wind
Sludge Bomb . U-Turn ..._-_Electro Ball . Bug Buzz ..._......_Fiery Dance. Hurricane

Yay for bugs :D I'm sort of torn between Steel and Bug as my favourite type... Good thing there's a few that are both!

Welcome to the club. Escavalier is a good partner, he is very strong. I have never used him in battle before but I have battled against one and they are super durable and surprisingly powerful. I like your team too, a unique array of Bug-types. Should try your team in Pokemon Showdown.
Old November 29th, 2013 (06:03 AM).
Face of Rubber

Thanks for welcoming me :D I like pretty much everything about Escavalier, he's a combination of my two favourite types, he looks like a knight, and he's really fun to fight with :D giving my bug team a go in showdown sounds like a good idea :D

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Old December 2nd, 2013 (02:39 PM).
Master of Ice

I know it's Monday, but let's get buzzin'. What shall we talk about Bug-wise?
Old December 2nd, 2013 (05:59 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

Nature: Bold
A bug club? Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting in on this.

Preferred username Chris
Partner Pokémon Ninjask
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold)
Spoiler:

Yanmega
Ability: Speedboost
~Bug Buzz
~Air Slash
~Ancient Power
~Signal Beam
Item:Wide Lens

Scizor
Abilty: technician
~Vacuum Wave
~Bullet Punch
~Counter
~Acrobatics
Item: Flying Gem

Ninjask
~X-Scissor
~Double Team
~Swords Dance
~Baton Pass
Item: Focus Sash

Heracross
Ability: Guts
~Megahorn
~Close Combat
~Aerial Ace
~Counter
Item: Expert Belt

Forretress
~Toxic Spikes
~Stealth Rock
~Rapid Spin
~Gyro Ball
Item: Focus Band

Venomoth
Ability: Tinted Lens
~Quiver Dance
~Silver Wind
~Psychic
~Giga Drain
Item: Silver Powder

Answer the current topic:
While I was initially disappointed in the lack of new bugs, I did like how many of the old bugs were in the Games. Not to mention the megas. Plus trying to get every version of Vivillion is pretty cool.
Old December 2nd, 2013 (09:41 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Christopher:
A bug club? Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting in on this.

Preferred username Chris
Partner Pokémon Ninjask
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold)
Spoiler:

Yanmega
~Bug Buzz
~Air Slash
~Ancient Power
~Signal Beam
Item:Wide Lens

Scizor
Abilty: technician
~Vacuum Wave
~Bullet Punch
~Counter
~Acrobatics
Item: Flying Gem

Ninjask
~X-Scissor
~Double Team
~Swords Dance
~Baton Pass
Item: Focus Sash

Heracross
Ability: Guts
~Megahorn
~Close Combat
~Aerial Ace
~Counter
Item: Expert Belt

Forretress
~Toxic Spikes
~Stealth Rock
~Rapid Spin
~Gyro Ball
Item: Focus Band

Venomoth
Ability: Tinted Lens
~Quiver Dance
~Silver Wind
~Psychic
~Giga Drain
Item: Silver Powder

Answer the current topic:
While I was initially disappointed in the lack of new bugs, I did like how many of the old bugs were in the Games. Not to mention the megas. Plus trying to get every version of Vivillion is pretty cool.
Welcome to the club. You're the first to pick Ninjask, how awesome is he? I like Nincada and his 2 evolutions a lot. Powerful team you have there. Do you have that on any games or have used it in Pokemon Showdown? I like the new Mega evolutions. I have yet to use many but I like them. Isn't there like 8-12 different Vivillon patterns?
Old December 2nd, 2013 (11:03 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by CloysterOyster:
Welcome to the club. You're the first to pick Ninjask, how awesome is he? I like Nincada and his 2 evolutions a lot. Powerful team you have there. Do you have that on any games or have used it in Pokemon Showdown? I like the new Mega evolutions. I have yet to use many but I like them. Isn't there like 8-12 different Vivillon patterns?
He is very awesome. Nincada is an all around great bug, especially for Mono-type runs, he's a two for the price of one pokemon. I'm working on building it on Y, I'll likely change some moves and items as the current setup just doesn't thrill me. I've only just recently returned to the online communities and so I've yet to download Showdown, my last PokeSim was Shoddy :D. I've used MegaHeracross though not competitively, I don't have access to Pinsirite and I can't find a good natured Scizor on the GTS, well one that's not asking for a stupid rare pokemon anyway, now that my router martyr'd itself I have no way of getting one . There are 18 forms of Vivillion and I only have 4. I've gotten plenty of Scatterbugs from Wondertrade but they're all either Modern or Elegant upon evolution.
Old December 4th, 2013 (08:58 PM).
Dovahkiin

Send a message via Skype™ to Wicked3DS
Disappointment about lack of Bug-types? I'd say they still need a Bug/Dragon type. Fans have been calling for one of these for how long now?

Old December 4th, 2013 (09:28 PM).
the pretender
Battle Server
CS

Bug/Dragon would definitely be something that I'd want. Hopefully, it'll be something like Durant. Fast, lots of raw power and generally okay when it comes to defense. Perhaps it could even be a legendary? Anyway, I kind of see Vibrava and Flygon as Bug/Dragon already. What do you guys think?
Old December 4th, 2013 (11:23 PM).
Hear Me Roar
Silver Tier

I definitely see the Trapinch line as Bugs, I mean they're in the Bug egg group after all. I would really like a Bug/Dragon, I somewhat expected a Mega Flygon with this typing, I guess I just like to hope for crazy things. :D

I'd also really like toe see a Bug/Dark or a Bug/Fairy. Maybe something based on a Whip Scorpion and a Poodle Moth respectively. I've linked to pics of them just in case. :D
Old December 4th, 2013 (11:41 PM).
the pretender
Battle Server
CS

I agree! Add to the fact that it has those magnified eyes, small wings and a general bug look about it, they'd be perfect for the typing. A mega evolution for Flygon could possibly be Bug/Dragon. After all, they surprised us with a Water/Dark Gyarados. I would of thought dragon. Guess we can expect the unexpected then?

I've never really thought about Bug/Dark. It seems pretty interesting although most bug types have a general aura of darkness around them. Spinarak's line, anybody? Scary moths? Spiders? I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet. Perhaps previous bug types could be retyped? If we were to have a new one though, I'd imagine it go along the lines of a poisonous creature such as scorpions or wasps. Those things are pretty scary, after all.
Old December 5th, 2013 (01:02 AM).
Battle Server
CS

Preferred username: Synerjee

Partner Pokémon: Volcarona

Answer the current topic: Trapinch family for Dragon/Bug retyping?

Yes, definitely! All three of them - Trapinch, Vibrava and Flygon - all have insect-like characteristics: insect-like body and wings, compound-like eyes, just to name a few. Also, the Dragon/Bug typing is really unique as there isn't any Pokemon with that type combination as of yet as far as I know. It'll definitely make a great force to be reckoned with in the games and in the competitive field.

pairs | twitter | showdown | lake valor | pc family
Old December 5th, 2013 (04:20 AM).
Dovahkiin

Trapinch would have to be Bug/Ground, while Vibrava and Flygon would be Bug/Dragon. So what Bug-type moves would they have? Probably Bug Buzz and X-scissor at least.

Old December 5th, 2013 (07:16 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Synerjee:
Preferred username: Synerjee

Partner Pokémon: Volcarona

Answer the current topic: Trapinch family for Dragon/Bug retyping?

Yes, definitely! All three of them - Trapinch, Vibrava and Flygon - all have insect-like characteristics: insect-like body and wings, compound-like eyes, just to name a few. Also, the Dragon/Bug typing is really unique as there isn't any Pokemon with that type combination as of yet as far as I know. It'll definitely make a great force to be reckoned with in the games and in the competitive field.
Welcome to the club. I freakin' love Volcarona. Who knew a Bug/Fire type would work? It has such an awesome design and colors too. I definitely think Trapinch and its evolutionary line should inherit the Bug typing. Trapinch would be Ground/Bug (or Bug/Ground), and Vibrava and Flygon would be Bug/Dragon. They would still have their Ground moves, but would have Bug moves like X-Scissor, Bug Bite, Bug Buzz and Signal Beam. They even say they are insectoid-like, so it's only fitting to retype them.
Old December 11th, 2013 (10:21 AM).
Face of Rubber

I kinda like Flygon as Ground/Dragon, but it would make sense for it to be Bug/Dragon considering its evolution line (especially by looking at Vibrava). The only problem I would have with it becoming part bug really would be that I'd have too many bugs in my battling team XD and that's just sort of selfish of me. Either way, a Bug/Dragon would be epic!

Old December 13th, 2013 (11:39 AM).
Uninspired Writer

Nature: Adamant
ShadeDraco
Venomoth
A scarab beetle would be a cool addition :3

DRAGONBORN!
Old December 14th, 2013 (04:23 AM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by ShadeDraco:
ShadeDraco
Venomoth
A scarab beetle would be a cool addition :3
Welcome to the club. Venomoth is a great choice, quick and can learn a vast variety of moves. I love scarab beetles. They should add one in generation VII. Perhaps they could be a Bug/Dark type, as scarab beetles are known to hide in dark places, like Egyptian tombs.
Old December 20th, 2013 (04:33 PM).
Dovahkiin

This hive is getting sleepy!

Scarab beetle would be pretty cool, and a Bug/Dark-type would be pretty awesome as well. No Psychic-type is getting through that.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links