The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Airhead
Banned

Nature: Quirky

Advertise here
OMG. ;~; That is so awesome! :X

I still haven't decided on what need's merging, haha.

Is it just me or is 6th seriously in need of more Bug-types? :<
Old February 28th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Endless
& got to keep looking

Yeah, generation six is seriously lacking bug-types; Scatterbug, Spewpa, and Vivillon are the only ones, if I'm not mistaken. To be fair, though, not many Pokémon were introduced this gen in general. This time around, it seems as if they were focusing more on mega-evolution than anything. xD"
Old March 2nd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

Instead of giving us more Bug-types in Gen VI, they just gave us one with a bunch of different forms to collect. They still showed Scizor, Heracross, and Pinsir some love with their Mega Evos though (Pinsir being the best if you ask me)

Credit to RapidFIREPho3nix for the Fire userbar, Credit to Poki for Poison and Ground userbars

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8083-0354 Friend Safari: Electrode - Electabuzz - Luxio
My ReverbNation Page
Old March 2nd, 2014, 04:11 PM
Endless
& got to keep looking

Which Bug-type is the best to use defensively?
I would say Volcarona. Thanks to its Flame Body ability, opponents would get burnt while trying to land hits, which would halve their Attack and enable it to withstand more hits. Plus, with Roost, it could recover its health whenever it wishes to. :p Aside from that, Drapion is pretty good, too.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 07:26 PM
The Dark Avenger
'Sir'batsky

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloysterOyster View Post
That is awesome artwork. Who's he battling? Scyther looks like a lizard in this picture. One of my favorite Bug-types.

Oh my goodness, how did you do that? That fusion looks awesome.

By the way, a new topic is up on the original post for everyone to answer.
Thank you!

Lots of experience spriting...along with several years of less than desirable spriting. Though, I am still looking to improve!

Which bug type best defensive?

As for the best defensive, I love Vespiquen, I wish she had a better ability like Filter to go along with her terrible typing and excellent defensive stats. Though, she does well in-game, non-competitive, in this regard. I love using Defense Order and Heal Order setup to set a wall that can endure plenty of super-effective moves for the next pokemon. Sometimes she can deflect a few rock attacks; though sometimes not
Old March 2nd, 2014, 08:13 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenneking View Post
As for the best defensive, I love Vespiquen, I wish she had a better ability like Filter to go along with her terrible typing and excellent defensive stats. Though, she does well in-game, non-competitive, in this regard. I love using Defense Order and Heal Order setup to set a wall that can endure plenty of super-effective moves for the next pokemon. Sometimes she can deflect a few rock attacks; though sometimes not :(
Bug/Flying is terrible for Defense. Might I ask how she deflects Rock-types with a 4x weakness?

Credit to RapidFIREPho3nix for the Fire userbar, Credit to Poki for Poison and Ground userbars

My ReverbNation Page
Old March 3rd, 2014, 12:42 AM
Airhead
Banned

I have Gen 7 will be much more welcoming to Bug types! <3 I actually hope it's waaaay better then Gen 6 because in my opinion, Gen 6 simply lacking in everything, worst of all, character. :C

Buuuuuuuut i have high hopes for the next Generation! ^^
Old March 10th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ๖ۣۜTiara View Post
I have Gen 7 will be much more welcoming to Bug types! <3 I actually hope it's waaaay better then Gen 6 because in my opinion, Gen 6 simply lacking in everything, worst of all, character. :C

Buuuuuuuut i have high hopes for the next Generation! ^^
Bug/Dragon. PLEEEEAAASSSSEEE!

My ReverbNation Page
Old March 11th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Endless
& got to keep looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked3DS View Post
Bug/Flying is terrible for Defense. Might I ask how she deflects Rock-types with a 4x weakness?
For the tier it's in, NU, it's actually not that bad. If you have Reflect set up, it should be able to withstand a rock attack or two without any issue. It also has access to Defend Order; with that, you could increase both its defensive stats at once, which is pretty handy. It's able to learn Roost as well, and that's a plus. n_n"
Old March 12th, 2014, 04:06 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Bug/Dragon would be nice, like one of those Tremors mixed with a dragon. I can envision it but I can't draw it out on paper.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old March 13th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

I kind of imagine a dragon (Imagine Dragons?) with a stinger and other insect-like features. I'd have to brainstorm it out but I think I miiiight be able to come up with something pretty cool. Maybe over the weekend I'll think of something and post a description :O

My ReverbNation Page
Old March 16th, 2014, 05:34 AM
Hikamaru
I won't look back
Community Supporter

Given the Yanma line are apparently based on dragonflies, I think Yanmega should have been Bug/Dragon. But still, I'm hoping they can pull it off eventually, there could be some good design potential in there. As for weaknesses though it's still got quite a fair bit (Rock, Flying, Dragon, Fairy and Ice) but at least it will be one of those dual Bug typings that isn't Fire-weak.

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | twl | profile | supporter

Old March 20th, 2014, 03:37 PM
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Beautifly

Which bug-type is the best to use defensively? I'd go with either Vespiqueen because of the defense order either Heracross or Pinsir because they can both tank a lot of hits.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old March 21st, 2014, 12:08 PM
The Dark Avenger
'Sir'batsky

Nature: Adamant
Question. Am I the only one upset with some of the mega's for our bug pokemon?

I loath pinsir and heracross, but don't mind scizor's.
Honestly, butterfree of all bugs deserved one the most

Though, this would have been better,
Spoiler:

These are two perfect!!! Subtle, but innovative! (unlike some other megalution designs :/)
Spoiler:

Sorry if I sound like a hater. I loved this generation AND the idea of mega's, but I feel let down by several of the designs. (Most of the designs.)
Old March 21st, 2014, 01:09 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

Really? I like Pinsir's, it's pretty friggin scary and awesome. Heracross's isn't great and Scizor's is ok but not that great either. I like the ones you posted, I really would like to see a Beedrill Mega Evo at some point.

My ReverbNation Page
Old March 22nd, 2014, 11:31 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoTora View Post
Preferred username: AoTora
Partner Pokémon: Beautifly

Which bug-type is the best to use defensively? I'd go with either Vespiquen because of the defense order either Heracross or Pinsir because they can both tank a lot of hits.
Welcome to the club. Awww, a Beautifly, I love her. I have only used Vespiquen once, so I don't know how good she is really, but I have used Heracross a lot and he is good defensively and offensively. My secret weapon when I have a Bug team.

By the way, Dark Avenger, I love that Mega Beedrill, the stingers are more lethal than before.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old March 22nd, 2014, 03:53 PM
PumpJack
Gentleman Thug

Preferred username - Pumpjack
Partner Pokémon - Pinsir

Team (Non-Competitive)
Spoiler:

Pinsir

-Storm Throw
-X-Scissor
-Smack Down
-Earthquake

Vespiquen

-Toxic
-Venoshock
-Power Gem
-Air Slash

Crustle

-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide
-Shell Smash
-Bulldoze

Galvantula

-Signal Beam
-Gastro Acid
-Electroweb
-Electro Ball

Yanmega

-Air Slash
-Ancient Power
-Bug Buzz
-Secret Power

Scolipede

-Toxic
-Venom Drench
-Steamroller
-Megahorn

As for a defensive Bug, Crustle, Forretress, and Escavalier are pretty obvious answers. Defense is their focus, and they're got some fairly good defensive types as well; with the last two having only the single double weakness and Crustle having just Water, Rock, and Steel types to worry about- Steel types usually not that common offensively. Pinsir's no louch in defensive stats, either- but doesn't really have a movepool to back that up.
Old March 25th, 2014, 08:08 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpJack View Post
Preferred username - Pumpjack
Partner Pokémon - Pinsir

Team (Non-Competitive)
Spoiler:

Pinsir

-Storm Throw
-X-Scissor
-Smack Down
-Earthquake

Vespiquen

-Toxic
-Venoshock
-Power Gem
-Air Slash

Crustle

-X-Scissor
-Rock Slide
-Shell Smash
-Bulldoze

Galvantula

-Signal Beam
-Gastro Acid
-Electroweb
-Electro Ball

Yanmega

-Air Slash
-Ancient Power
-Bug Buzz
-Secret Power

Scolipede

-Toxic
-Venom Drench
-Steamroller
-Megahorn

As for a defensive Bug, Crustle, Forretress, and Escavalier are pretty obvious answers. Defense is their focus, and they're got some fairly good defensive types as well; with the last two having only the single double weakness and Crustle having just Water, Rock, and Steel types to worry about- Steel types usually not that common offensively. Pinsir's no louch in defensive stats, either- but doesn't really have a movepool to back that up.
Welcome to the club. I like Pinsir, a good battler but nothing to defend himself with. I've used Forretress the most out of the others you've named. He is a fortress, literally. I give him a Rocky Helmet so that the opponent gets some damage from hitting him. I normally use Forretress to set up Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes. He ends up going down after this, but the other Pokemon on my team make up for his loss.
Old March 25th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Airhead
Banned

Hey, on my new Pokemon X team I've got two bug types! :D Whirlipede and Ledian. <3

I friggin love Ledian, it's so bright and beautiful. C:

But his stats are horrible so far so I'll try and improve his moveset, haha.
Old April 1st, 2014, 05:12 PM
Connorslad97

Nature: Naughty
Preferred username: Connorslad97
Partner Pokémon: Yanma!!
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team: Yanma, Scizor, heracross, beedrill, pinsir and forretress

And for the topic i reckon forretress or scizor as they are two very good and strong pokemon! Personallly im an old fashioned pokemon player, i rather the first 3 generations. #yanmaisking
Old April 1st, 2014, 05:26 PM
sweets
You can do it! ☆彡

Yay! A club for me! I love, love, love Bug pokemon!

Preferred username: sweets
Partner Pokémon: Beedrill <3<3<3
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team: Beedrill, Yanma, Ledian, Masquerain, Shedinja, Beautifly

Also for a defensive bug Pokemon, you really can't go wrong with Vespiquen!

Last edited by sweets; April 1st, 2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 05:01 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connorslad97 View Post
Preferred username: Connorslad97
Partner Pokémon: Yanma!!
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team: Yanma, Scizor, heracross, beedrill, pinsir and forretress

And for the topic i reckon forretress or scizor as they are two very good and strong pokemon! Personallly im an old fashioned pokemon player, i rather the first 3 generations. #yanmaisking
Welcome to the club. I remember searching the route outside of National Park, the one after Goldenrod City, for a Yanma because they were so awesome. You have a good team, what moves do they have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweets View Post
Yay! A club for me! I love, love, love Bug pokemon!

Preferred username: sweets
Partner Pokémon: Beedrill <3<3<3
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team: Beedrill, Yanma, Ledian, Masquerain, Shedinja, Beautifly

Also for a defensive bug Pokemon, you really can't go wrong with Vespiquen!
Welcome to the club. I like your team as well, especially that you have Shedinja on it. Shedinja is probably my favorite Bug-type at the moment, being almost invincible.
Old April 13th, 2014, 04:19 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

New topic is up. Be sure to answer it, folks.
Old April 13th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Endless
& got to keep looking

If you could retype any Bug-type, which one would it be and why?
Hm, probably Scizor. I'd retype it to fighting-steel, as it looks more like a fighter to me than a bug. :] I'd also change Yanmega's typing to dragon and flying.
Old April 13th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex
Community Supporter

If you could retype any Bug-type, which one would it be and why?

I'd make Yanmega Bug/Dragon, Flying-type really isn't all that necessary for it if you ask me. I could definitely see Scizor being a Fighting-type, although its torso looks like that of a bug. Otherwise, the only other one I can think would be Venomoth to Psychic/Poison since clearly has strong psychic powers, but it's still very clearly a moth so there's not a great case for that.

My ReverbNation Page
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here