The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 11th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Mr. Avocado
Shall We Begin?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Uhh New Vegas to be quite honest. I've played it for hours trying to get into it, all my friends say it's amazing, but I really don't know why I'm not enjoying it. Is there something I'm missing? I really don't know, I haven't played the previous Fallout games that might be it.
Old July 11th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Sweets Witch
I just love ham jerky.

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
Uhh New Vegas to be quite honest. I've played it for hours trying to get into it, all my friends say it's amazing, but I really don't know why I'm not enjoying it. Is there something I'm missing? I really don't know, I haven't played the previous Fallout games that might be it.
If you don't like New Vegas then don't bother with 3 because they're really similar. You might like the older ones, though. They're a bit different.

As for me...I don't really like sports games. They're a lot more complicated than they let on to be and I just don't have the patience to learn everything that I'd need to learn in order to be decent at them.
Old July 11th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Mr. Avocado
Shall We Begin?
Community Supporter

Ahh okay, cheers for telling me before I went of and purchased 3. I really want to like it, though...oh well.

As for me, I love sports game! It's probably because I play it and am competitive so that makes me like them I guess.
Old July 11th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Darkrai Lv.1000
Has a tendency to figure things out

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Darkrai Lv.1000
I don't like the Call of Duty games, I think they're overrated. Also the trolls and 12 year olds online... can't stand it. And I hate the fact that a lot of people get mad at me because I don't like them, telling me things like "Stop plaiyng Pokemon! Yoo shood plae Call uv Dooty! Its a man'z gaim! Grow up!"

I'm not insulting all the people who play them, just the ones with that mentality.

I also don't like Mario Kart Wii. I enjoy all the others (except, in a "sort of" kind of way, 7), but the introduction of bikes made it a problem. They're responsible for a lot of cheap wins, and that's all everyone uses online as well, leading me to call it Mario Bike Wii.

I'm glad that they can't wheelie in Mario Kart 8. Gives everyone a fair chance. (Hopefully)
Old July 11th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Aeon
Dayum, son. Where'd you find this?
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Mario Kart Wii. It seriously punishes you for being skilled. I didn't have anything against the bikes, but making it more rigged than before really did it in for me...that and the god awful item 'balance.'

I also don't really like JRPGs. The more I play them, more often than not, the more I don't like them. The are exceptions, but they are of the few.

Also I understand that everyone seems to think Sonic Adventure 2 is the best game in the whole series, but after playing Generations I can't find myself to love it anymore.

Pair
AlexAhnon
Old July 11th, 2013, 10:30 PM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

Most FPS games and war games in general, solely for the fact that I always get overly competitive, and together with the fact that I can't aim for life, it doesn't exactly make a good combination. I can say the same thing for a lot of sports games as well, most notably the Fifa franchise. I'm not exactly good at them, but I have friends who love them to death, and are overly bent on making me play them all the time, which'll eventually lead to me snapping ;D

I can't really think of any specific games that I don't enjoy which others do, as I'm honestly not one to play games I'm not sure I'm gonna enjoy. I have several examples of games that I enjoy which others don't, but that's not exactly the question :p
Old July 12th, 2013, 03:00 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
There is but one game I notably detest despite all my friends and family's love for it. Skyrim from the Elder Scroll Series. I feel that it was so incredibly hyped and mainstream that I have no reason to like it, lest I become part of the majority.

I hate it because it's popular. Which isn't a good reason, I know, but alas, it is my reasoning. :/
Old July 12th, 2013, 06:55 AM
DataFile

For me, most Mega man games are annoying. Shooting enemies was fun, but sometimes it just feels that most stages are winnable only at first try, because of stupid 2nd ammo doesn`t refill after death and those freaking enemies respawn! Ironically in the first Mega man health and ammo items did respawn, and it is still my favorite in the entire series.
Ps. Mega man music is GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer Timothy View Post
There is but one game I notably detest despite all my friends and family's love for it. Skyrim from the Elder Scroll Series. I feel that it was so incredibly hyped and mainstream that I have no reason to like it, lest I become part of the majority.

I hate it because it's popular. Which isn't a good reason, I know, but alas, it is my reasoning. :/
I think you mean that you hate Skyrim because it`s overrated.

Last edited by DataFile; July 12th, 2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM
lauerolus

Other M. Everyone else that liked Metroid that I know dislikes it(with some valid reasons) but Other M hard mode, aside from Prime 1, is my favorite Metroid game now.
Old July 12th, 2013, 07:49 AM
SupremeSeeker

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to SupremeSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJz1234 View Post
Call of Duty and sports games. I just don't like CoD, very repetitive and not much improvement with each release.

Sports games, if I wanted to do sports, I'd go outside and play. Much more fun that way, anyways.
Pretty much the same thought of my opinion in these games.

Old July 12th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Atomic Pirate
I always win.

Nature: Impish
Many of the Zelda games would qualify. Skyward Sword was way too linear, plagued by godawful controls, and full of tedious fetch-quests. Ocarina of Time I found to be okay, but like most of the other games in the series, it was one of those "To do this, you must solve a puzzle" games, which I'm not too fond of. Plus, besides that, I didn't find the story interesting, the action was very mediocre, and overall the whole thing seemed to be over-hyped by people with rose-tinted glasses welded to their faces.

Final Fantasy VII. While I quite enjoyed VI, due to it's unique, colorful, and overall interesting cast of characters and great story, I didn't really like VII. I'm sorry, but I'm immediately turned off by a game when the protagonist is some angsty, whiny emo guy. I really don't get the hype this game gets. Heck, I'm not even a huge fan of the series at all, having only really liked IV and VI, but I just don't get the hype this game gets. The dialogue was poor, the "emotional" moments felt forced, and the characters were atrocious.

PM me if you add me.

My Friend Safari is Water-type, with Gyarados, Azumarill, and Octillery.
Old July 15th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Call of Duty! I've just never found the appeal in those games haha. They're so famous all over the world with practically everyone I know playing them, often to huge extents, and yet I can't stomach an hour of it. I just find it so dull and repetitive and the concept irks me - yet for some reason I'm perfectly fine with games like Borderlands or Halo haha. I should give it another try some time, but so far it's not a game I've liked one bit.
Old July 15th, 2013, 07:24 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

Call of Duty is the biggest poster child of what is wrong with the industry today, yet it sells millions. I've played a few of them and honestly just don't like them that much. I don't mind shooters, but they have to do something different for me to take an interest in them.

I've also never really cared for fighting games (in general...even Smash Bros. to an extent). Also could never really get into Oblivion - it's too massive and gives too much freedom for my taste - but I want to try to get into it again eventually. Skyrim does look awesome but I won't get it because I didn't like Oblivion.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of patchisou yutohru
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Starfury
dear, only you don't know.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Many people may hate me for this, but my answer is Skyrim. It would have been cool, if for the first few months my brother didn't put me off with naked Norks and killing creatures because he was bored. Plus I don't like the gameplay. :I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elgyem View Post
Many of the Zelda games would qualify. Skyward Sword was way too linear, plagued by godawful controls, and full of tedious fetch-quests. Ocarina of Time I found to be okay, but like most of the other games in the series, it was one of those "To do this, you must solve a puzzle" games, which I'm not too fond of. Plus, besides that, I didn't find the story interesting, the action was very mediocre, and overall the whole thing seemed to be over-hyped by people with rose-tinted glasses welded to their faces.

Final Fantasy VII. While I quite enjoyed VI, due to it's unique, colorful, and overall interesting cast of characters and great story, I didn't really like VII. I'm sorry, but I'm immediately turned off by a game when the protagonist is some angsty, whiny emo guy. I really don't get the hype this game gets. Heck, I'm not even a huge fan of the series at all, having only really liked IV and VI, but I just don't get the hype this game gets. The dialogue was poor, the "emotional" moments felt forced, and the characters were atrocious.
D: Okay, you must be completely INSANE to have posted this, unless you're joking. ...You are joking, right? I mean, how can anyone on the planet dislike Zelda? Skyward Sword is like, my favourite game!

I can't believe the words you put into your post about Final Fantasy VII. I mean... how could you? And FYI, Cloud is NOT emo! Do you understand all that has happened to him? Imagine how it would be if you were in his place, your closest friends were murdered and everyone called you emo? He just comes off arrogant and cocky in the beginning, is all. Besides, I find that sexy in a guy. - /) -

VMFAMILYPAIRCREDITPM

Last edited by Starfury; July 15th, 2013 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 15th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Callīope
█ uranianUmbra

Send a message via AIM to Callīope Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Callīope Send a message via Skype™ to Callīope
Call of Duty, Mass Effect, and Final Fantasy.

They're all so popular, but I just can't get into them. I've played a bit of all of them, and maybe I just need to play more, but I don't feel like missing anything from life without them. I've heard people go on about them (each game within the franchises), and I'm not all that curious about them. CoD isn't my cup of tea, and I'm not into scifi much, which is the entirety of Mass Effect, and Final Fantasy.. I love fantasy and Kingdom Hearts, which is closely tied, but I can't get myself to play through much of FF game without growing bored of it.

- also Drew.

paired to timaeusTestified

this is how to be a heart breaker
boys, they like a little danger.
i la-la-la-la-love you. ❤
[S] The Prince is Awake.
tumblr || EGC || flavors.me
Old July 15th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
EA Sports *insert sport here* 20whatever, The Sims, Skyrim.

EA Sports is pretty much a yearly rehash - Just update the playerlists, change the year on the box, and you've got something that suckers nationwide will buy.

Sims 3 is... boring. Very boring. So boring that if I had to chose between spending a hour playing it or watching paint dry I'd go with the paint.

Skyrim is meh. I never liked it, and I still haven't figured out why either. I had a few hours worth of amusement going around as the Emperor but after that, nothing. Zip. Nada. Zilch. There were a couple of mods that got my attention, looked real intresting, but they are pretty much abandoned.

Come play Runescape
Old July 16th, 2013, 03:48 AM
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

Skyrim - far too open and seriously unpolished (I mean, think back to the opening where there were glitches EVERYWHERE). Also, I really like Dragon's Dogma, which is pretty much a better version of Skyrim.

FF13 - I am an avid Final Fantasy fan, but this game hurt. In some respects, the sequel was actually better. The characters are uninspired, the gameplay was dull and the 'summons' were disappointing.

Kingdom Hearts - I hate the meshing of un-related universes. Considering all FFs are separate (with some theoretical exceptions), and disney universes are separate... it just doesn't work. Severely overrated imo.

Also most FPS, but mainly because I suck at them :<
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:41 AM
PixelWarrior
Conqueror of Castles

Definitely going to be League of Legends for me. My brother loves it, and I mean absolutely adores it in a way that it takes up most of his life. He watches videos on it 24/7 and aspires to become a pro. Now, I'm hoping that he enjoys the game to its full extent and all, but I just couldn't get myself to enjoy it.

The characters were visually amazing, actually. I loved the variety and the skin selection in the game, but I was dissapointed to see the actual gameplay. For such good character creation and development, they threw that all away with the horrible playing perspective. The characters details and features are barely visible on the board-game like field and are shrunk by a large margin. On top of that, in ranked matches when it gets to the intense parts of the game and attacks start flying, the small characters shooting their attacks while scrunched together creates a very crowded and ugly looking screen filled with skills and other glowing, flying junk. I tried, but LoL is just not for me.
Old July 19th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
-Pretty much every FPS. I've never gotten into FPS's.
-LoL and other MMORPGs.
-Animal Crossing. I tried it, and it still surprises me today, when all my friends are asking me if I got New Leaf, how much I didn't like the series.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Epickid

Nature: Brave
I don't like Halo or God of War, and everybody seems to really enjoy those games.
Forever Ratchet & Clank fan.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Ckbruin

Halo is a franchise I can't get into. (but I do play CoD and a lot of other shooters so I doubt it's the FPS aspect) MOBAs, such as League of Legends and Dota 2, are not in my book, as well as some RTS games. Skyrim is a specific game that I didn't play because it was overrated. And to end my list off, sports games (i.e. NBA, EA Sports, etc. etc.) never appealed to me in the first place.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 04:53 AM
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

Nature: Relaxed
Most shooting games and J-RPGs, irrespective of their perceived quality, are games that I just can't get passed. I understand why they have their fans, but the fundamental principles of how to play the game and the story structure and many of the gameplay elements themselves just don't sit well with me whenever I'm playing. I don't think that many of them are terrible or anything, I just chalk it up to "not for me".
Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:15 AM
ShadowE
Competitive RTS gamer, also drunk
Community Supporter

Even tho it has been mentioned a lot. I honestly dont like CoD in fact, i hate it.
I got the game, played for some weeks and then quitted of all the little kids that scream a lot... God this is why i prefer Borderlands over any other FPS (Far Cry 3 being a exception).

The countless invites i got from almost all my friends made me just go on a deleting spree. Maybe thats why my friends list is kinda small xD
Also if i say i dont wanna play the game they instantly insult me from being a coward or a idiot for not playing it.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:45 AM
AlexAhnon
Do you believe in yourself?
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to AlexAhnon
Definitely sports games. A lot of my friends at school play stuff like FIFA and NBA and I find myself unable to get into it. It's just that one genre of video games that I know I won't be able to enjoy.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
HaiImNate
Ice Cream

I really didn't like the Super Mario Galaxies, but most fans seemed to enjoy them. I just didn't like the space theme of it all I guess.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links