The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Old July 4th, 2013, 12:56 PM
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'll admit it looks strange...I actually like it better when it's sheathed as it reminds me of Bronzong.
Also the eye on it seems familiar...

Last edited by OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire; July 4th, 2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Nature: Relaxed
I think it's friggin' awesome! Another audacious Pokemon for Gen VI! Man I'm so psyched for this Gen with every new Pokemon reveal! I'm gonna have to have it in my team, simply because I have a habit of permanently boxing every steel-type I catch until postgame. But this is a ghost-type too...and man-o-man it's a sword Pokemon! Another Poke-dream has come true~

I definitely agree that it looks like something out of Windwaker. But hey, Pokemon has been incorporating designs from various Nintendo franchises since Gen 1, and I really love the nods to those things. Look at all the Kirby-esque Pokemon we have already!
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I think it's adorable lol A bit odd to say of a sword, but I just wanna hug it <3
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old July 4th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Rivvon
Unburden Belly Drum
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
This is a very cute Pokémon! It doesn't seem fully-evolved to me, but I think when it evolves it has a chance to become even more awesome! I really love its sheath, I hope that design gets utilized more if/when it evolves.
Old July 4th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Zorogami
WUB WUB
Community Supporter Tier 3

Send a message via Skype™ to Zorogami
I have mixed feelings about his design tbh.
On one hand, it looks very...simple? But on the other, a Ghost Sword is awesome!! :D
I really love his typing already, Ghost/Steel, it's going to do pretty good defence-wise

~ Anything for my Nakama ~
Old July 4th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Those who are saying "it's just a sword" need to realize that Ghost Pokemon are capable of possessing inanimate objects, and the fact that Ghost Pokemon in general aren't natural-looking/organic like animals and plants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowpointQuincy View Post
I want to see fan art of Golurk with a giant Bronzor in one hand and Monorpale in the other with Metagross on his chest as some sort of armor.
Funny you should say that, because I already saw one at 4chan, except it had a Escaliver's helmet for Golurk rather than Metagross being on his chest.
Old July 4th, 2013, 02:11 PM
ballin'Blissey

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to ballin'Blissey
At first I hated it immensely ... until I saw the footage and it unsheathing, then I'm like "Cool!".

If it has Levitate then it'll have 4 immunities (Ground, Fighting, Normal, and Poison) which, if it has good stats, would make it overpowered; if it has an awesome evolution, it'll be OU. So idk, how they're planning to manage Levitate and balancing it out. Nevertheless, Ghost/Steel is awesome typing!

Now if they create these types:

Ghost/Normal (Only weakness is Dark, immune to Ghost, Fighting and Normal).
Dark/Psychic (Only weakness is Bug X4, immune to Psychic).
Ghost/Rock (Weak to Ghost, Dark, Water, Grass, Steel and Ground [unless with Levitate], immune to Fighting and Normal).
Fighting/Flying (Weak to Ice, Electric, Psychic, and Flying, immune to Ground).

I'd assume it'll be learning Fury cutter, Sacred Sword, Swords Dance, Night Slash, Slash, X-Scissor (if its evolution is two swords), Sharpen, etc.
Old July 4th, 2013, 03:05 PM
zoroarkrules25

I love this new pokemon, it's awesome and i think i just cracked the case on it. What if this guy

was a legendary knight searching for this powerful sword pokemon, which could be a legendary?
Old July 4th, 2013, 04:11 PM
TreeKangaroo
Destroy gligar13vids!

Nature: Naughty
Lol, people saying it's unoriginal, every gen has its inanimate object design.
Old July 4th, 2013, 04:30 PM
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Monorpale is a STEEL type pokemon. A sword was inevitable. I love the sword.

Most steel-types are slow, so be prepared for that let down. However, considering its small size it might be more like Exedrill.

Most likely, this will the the exedrill of this Gen. A powerful OU steel type.
Old July 4th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
This is probably the first time I'm more excited about a Ghost type than my brother is. This sword is freakin awesome. If it has Levitate then I hope it doesn't evolve. Its going to be a pretty hardcore powerhouse on its own already. To me it doesn't look as if it'll evolve either. Sorta like Zangoose and other one stagers.

I'm hopin it has some insane attack stat similar to Slaking just maybe not as high and pushes close to 560 BST. So much potential ♥w♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin'Blissey View Post
At first I hated it immensely ... until I saw the footage and it unsheathing, then I'm like "Cool!".

If it has Levitate then it'll have 4 immunities (Ground, Fighting, Normal, and Poison) which, if it has good stats, would make it overpowered; if it has an awesome evolution, it'll be OU. So idk, how they're planning to manage Levitate and balancing it out. Nevertheless, Ghost/Steel is awesome typing!

I'd assume it'll be learning Fury cutter, Sacred Sword, Swords Dance, Night Slash, Slash, X-Scissor (if its evolution is two swords), Sharpen, etc.
Sacred Sword is a legendary exclusive so I don't see it getting it.
Old July 4th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Volnutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Yeah I don't like this one. I know 'it doesn't look like a pokémon' is a pathetic reason, but seriously it's a sword. It doesn't even look living unlike the Vanillite line.

As long as it doesn't get any evos and isn't particularly strong I guess I can just forget about it.
Bare in mind it is a Ghost type.

I like the Sword with its sheathed form. I can't tell about the unsheathed as I haven't got a close picture yet. I am sure we will get Official Art soon since Coro Coro is just around the corner or at least they leaks are. As for the concept of the Poke I like it, I am not really one to complain especially when it is an inanimate object they are just bond to happen in every generation.
Old July 4th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Killjoy
"He was a laser fish."

Nature: Quiet
I like it! It's unique, and interesting. I'll use one
Old July 5th, 2013, 02:17 AM
JayTheKing
~~King Of Plegia~~

Honedge
Honedge comes into being when a departed spirit inhabits a sword that once belonged to humans. It can use the blue cloth attached to its hilt as nimbly as an arm. If you were to carelessly take this blade in hand, you may find that blue cloth wrapping around you...draining the energy from your body!

Thats the description and the name.Well not something special as a name dont you agree?And the descrition reminds me of chandelure.And it can learn Sword Dance indeed!

White 2:4814-8483-7594
3DS:4871 4138 8216
Friend Safari:Bug with Combee,Illumise and Heracross!
Old July 5th, 2013, 02:25 AM
ilias_
Float like a Butterfree, sting like a Beedrill

Nature: Calm
I have to admit, that I find its story interesting. I judged it so quickly. It's design is unique. Come on! Gen VI has some amazing Pokemon!!! SO excited!

Friend Safari:
Type: Fire.
Pokémon: Slugma, Magmar & Braixen.
Sabrewulf238

I just noticed bulbapedia is calling the pokemon Honedge, has he been released on the main website?
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I get where the "edge" in "Honedge" comes from but what about the "Hon" part? Maybe "hone?" And a sword that actually gets Swords Dance? That's "Swords Dance" in the literal sense, huh?

Edit: @Saberwulf: Yes, it's called "Honedge" in the official X/Y site too.

Old July 5th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Sabrewulf238

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
I get where the "edge" in "Honedge" comes from but what about the "Hon" part? Maybe "hone?" And a sword that actually gets Swords Dance? That's "Swords Dance" in the literal sense, huh?

Edit: @Saberwulf: Yes, it's called "Honedge" in the official X/Y site too.
Yeah I was thinking Hone-edge too.

I don't think the name is that complex. Although it could come from Honor/Honour/Honourable too.
Old July 5th, 2013, 02:57 AM
AWsquared
It's another wolf bite.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to AWsquared
Yup it's been confirmed , it's English name is Honedge. I'm think it's name is hone+edge. Hone being to sharpen something with a whitestone, usually metal and usually a blade like a sword. And edge meaing the edge of the sword. I like it. It sounds pretty cool.
And here's some high-res art.

Spoiler:

And it knows Swords Dance...

A sword Pokemon using Swords Dance is hilarious. XD

Mega Sceptile and Treecko for life yo.
DeviantArt |Tumblr | Art Gallery| Ask Me Stuff |Paired to | Avatar source:[x]
Old July 5th, 2013, 03:03 AM
Haza
☆A Life of Pokémon & Beyoncé ☆
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I hate everything about this one... and I can see it being OU to the fullest already...

Δloyisious Divo |Haza D'Ξvil
The poison that is always fatal... yet the stinger won't stop stinging
Twitter
Facebook
Old July 5th, 2013, 03:05 AM
Pokemon_Hero

Since when The official site updates at 6:00 AM? :/
Old July 5th, 2013, 03:38 AM
WishCookie
ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!

Well the video on Pokemon's youtube channel showed us at least how it looks like without the ''case'' on.

Diamond: 3782 4821 8857
HeartGold: 3740 9024 2026
Black: 3181 8256 6904
Black 2: 4599 8904 2318

Y: 1993 8202 9620
Old July 5th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Powerserge
The Imminent Victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTheKing View Post
Honedge comes into being when a departed spirit inhabits a sword that once belonged to humans. It can use the blue cloth attached to its hilt as nimbly as an arm. If you were to carelessly take this blade in hand, you may find that blue cloth wrapping around you...draining the energy from your body!
Woooow, so creepy! I love it even more! That's another thing I love about Ghost-types....you can bet they'll have some creepy lore behind them!

Isn't that so interesting though? That in the Pokemon World, humans can become Pokemon after they die!
Old July 5th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon_Hero View Post
Since when The official site updates at 6:00 AM? :/
Its 6 AM for you but it may be 8 AM for them. Most big businesses open around 6 or 7 in the morning for prep work. I don't remember where the office is but, ya, timezones.

Love Honedge already. Praying its a single stage just cause I don't think we have many left and its type and possible ability match-up make it a beast on their own. I really can't recall any single stage ghosts other than Spiritomb and Sableye. Hopin Honedge is like the new Spiritomb.

With the possibility of it having Levitate its pulling a Bronzor/zong and having only one weakness. I wouldn't be surprised if they gave it some other ability to either rid the weaknesses or capitalize on its attack stat. x_x. So much potential.
Old July 5th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Hopin Honedge is like the new Spiritomb.
Not to rain on your parade but...I kind of disagree. Not that I'm asking for a huge three-stage evolution thing like Gengar (perhaps two would do), but I feel like there's really a lot of potential that could be had in this Pokemon, and having an extra evolution or two definitely wouldn't hurt.

Yes, I do agree that there aren't that many ghosts that have single stage evolutions, but honestly? I'd prefer it that way. I feel that the ghosts that /do/ have single stage evolutions have faded into obscurity (with the exception of Rotom because of it's various forms, and Sableye because of it's incredible usefulness in competitive play), and with a concept such an amazing as this, I wouldn't want it to just be faded into the darkness to be forgotten about, really. ._.; That's just me, though.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links