Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Old July 5th, 2013 (06:15 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
I hope he's not the new Spiritomb mainly because Spiritomb was a pain in the ass to get a hold of during the 4th gen.

Personally I could see him evolving once, probably not twice though.
Old July 5th, 2013 (07:07 AM).
Bluerang1
pin pin

Nature: Relaxed
I thought it was a key item at first.

I'm guessing the new ghost Pokemon trend is departed ghosts entering inanimate objects.
Old July 5th, 2013 (07:11 AM).
Keiran
Moshtradamus

Nature: Careful
I like it but it just doesn't feel...ghosty in its design. I feel like a spectral hand should be wielding it or something idk. Its like if Yamask/Spiritomb/Cofagrigus were only the objects they were possessing. I still love it, though. It looked great in-game.

I cant imagine what its ability will be. Maybe since its a sword it will get a quick draw ability giving it priority on all attacks on its first turn? Or maybe a boost in defense if it doesn't attack and sheathes itself? So many possibilties for a unique ability!

又 yltfos os kaeps and low 又
Wandering Allowed, Wondering Aloud
Old July 5th, 2013 (08:12 AM).
Nicktaco
Hot Sensation

Quote originally posted by SupernovaTyphlosion:
Interesting design...bit on the unoriginal side but hey...I don't judge pokemon by looks
How is it one bit unoriginal
Old July 5th, 2013 (10:04 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
I hope he's not the new Spiritomb mainly because Spiritomb was a pain in the ass to get a hold of during the 4th gen.

Personally I could see him evolving once, probably not twice though.
I meant in stat and usage. When Spiritomb was used he was all over.
Old July 5th, 2013 (10:57 AM).
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Sometimes I am a little bemused with the fan reaction to things, haha. I'm glad so many people have taken to this Pokemon, but I honestly thought I would come to Pokecommunity and find pages upon pages of hatred for it. I don't know. I thought, in particular, the unsheathed version would draw the ire of all the new-generation haters... but I guess not? Then again, I have never been able to understand why people dislike the Vanillite or Trubbish family. Both are adorable! And we've had inanimate objects as Pokemon since Generation I, too, so you'd think people would be used to the concept by now...

I love Honedge! I'll echo what others said in that I want to use it on my team, the typing is unique to the Pokemon franchise and it looks like a marvelous Pokemon. I prefer the sheathed version. I wouldn't mind if it received further evolutions, but I do find it curious that so many people think it'll evolve. It looks like a one-stager to me. But either way, I'm happy with it.
If a Ghost/Steel-type Gym Leader faced you in a double battle, with this Pokemon and a shield-like Pokemon, that'd be neat, wouldn't it?
Old July 5th, 2013 (11:05 AM).
François
#FutureHoennRemakesMod
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I don't really have a problem with the mon's concept, because frankly you have to suspend disbelief when it comes to pokémon concepts. I'm not a huge fan of the design though, especially the whole unsheathing thing. It just looks bizarre holding its sheath, and the sword itself looks a tad basic. But I guess the unsheathing at the start of the battle could look nice?

Old July 5th, 2013 (11:15 AM).
WolfMirage
"Last Raven"

Nature: Bold
i have a feeling that this poke will be another good trick room ally, i think this cause most steel typ have fairly low base speed stats and also i think it may have pretty good def stat, as its other steel brethen and if this poke can evole it may make a good evolite user
Old July 5th, 2013 (11:15 AM).
tente2
"Outta my way, dammit!"

Nature: Bashful
Quote originally posted by François:
I don't really have a problem with the mon's concept, because frankly you have to suspend disbelief when it comes to pokémon concepts. I'm not a huge fan of the design though, especially the whole unsheathing thing. It just looks bizarre holding its sheath, and the sword itself looks a tad basic. But I guess the unsheathing at the start of the battle could look nice?
I agree, especially with the sword looking too basic; I prefer it with its sheath on for that reason. The cinematic would add a nice dramatic touch to battles, but it do wish they would at least have thought of a better way to hold the sheath. It does look somewhat weird, like you said.

If anything, I hope the whole unsheathing thing applies only to battles. That way, when I'm looking at Honedge in my party or on Pokemon-amie, I get to see the version I find to be more aesthetically appealing.
Old July 5th, 2013 (11:57 AM).
Cameo
Superior heat protecter!

Nature: Modest
SnowpointQuincy - Bronzor's name as it's appearance is derived from bronze mirror (bronze + mirror = Bronzor). As Bronzong is actually inspired by gong bell.
PlatinumDude - Why to create a new Ghost-type Pokémon whose possessed an armor when there's Golett and Golurk? Yeah, I know both the aforementioned Pokémon are based on Jewish religion about stone golems but unless you know it, they basicly look like armors that have been possessed.

Wasn't Monorpale changed so that the new Steel/Ghost-type Pokémon will be named Honedge? O_o
Old July 5th, 2013 (12:02 PM).
billyjoseph

I quite like this pokemon... I may have it in my team.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 5th, 2013 (12:16 PM).
reshilegend

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Cameo:
Wasn't Monorpale changed so that the new Steel/Ghost-type Pokémon will be named Honedge? O_o
Monorpale is the French name. They just revealed the English name of it, Honedge.

^This game needs a scripter. Message me if interested!
Old July 5th, 2013 (02:53 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I hope that Honedge get's an evolution as it, at least the sword part, looks quite basic, I hope it becoming more elegant in design.
Old July 5th, 2013 (03:25 PM).
Munchlax11
Munch?

Nature: Serious
YES. I have been waiting for a ghost/steel type. I hope it's bulky because its typing is excellent defensive. Really hope the stats are good for Honedge because its typing is wonderful! Good chance it will be on my ingame team. Probably my competitive team if the stats are good. (Or its evolution)

|Ever Grande City Forums|My Profile|PM|Pokemoon Chatbox

Pokemon X
3DS FC: 2852-7439-1811
(VM if you add)
Old July 6th, 2013 (02:57 AM).
AnonygooseD
Lametrainer

Well it looks... weird.
I don't think it will have Levitate & that's because Magnemite & its evolutions don't, but on the other hand I guess the reason they don't was to not make them immune to their weakness which is ground, so maybe he'll have Levitate, after all he's part ghost
Old July 6th, 2013 (05:07 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Quote originally posted by AnonygooseD:
I don't think it will have Levitate & that's because Magnemite & its evolutions don't
Well I would sooner compare Honedge to the Bronzor family rather than the Magnemite family....and Bronzor/Bronzong can get levitate.

It's going to be a lot harder for them to justify Magnemite not having the ability levitate in this gen, when it'll be clear as day floating in air, bobbing about.
Old July 6th, 2013 (08:12 AM).
Xander Olivieri

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by AnonygooseD:
Well it looks... weird.
I don't think it will have Levitate & that's because Magnemite & its evolutions don't, but on the other hand I guess the reason they don't was to not make them immune to their weakness which is ground, so maybe he'll have Levitate, after all he's part ghost
Majority of us are pulling it from Bronzor than Magnemite. Magnemite's current abilities make just as much sense now as Levitate does as well so its not really something I see them correcting after 5 generations.

Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
Well I would sooner compare Honedge to the Bronzor family rather than the Magnemite family....and Bronzor/Bronzong can get levitate.

It's going to be a lot harder for them to justify Magnemite not having the ability levitate in this gen, when it'll be clear as day floating in air, bobbing about.
It really won't be that hard...I mean Beedrill flies in the air in all his sprites and will most likely be flying in the 3D model. It doesn't have Levitate and isn't a Flying type. Him, Volcarona, Dustox, Chandelure...There are Pokemon that can learn Fly that cannot fly, and you have Pokemon that can hover off the ground but cannot use Fly, don't have Levitate, or are not flying type. With all this in mind, Magnemite not having Levitate really isn't that big a deal.
Old July 6th, 2013 (08:21 AM).
crehym

Nature: Quiet
I have no idea how someone could hate these Pokemon designs, seriously.
Old July 6th, 2013 (11:45 AM).
TreeKangaroo
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
If this thing gets levitate then it will be a competitive BEAST. Immune to poison spikes and spike(if it gets levitate) and stealth rock won't do much. Just don't give this thing crappy stats like sableye please!
Old July 6th, 2013 (11:57 AM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

Nature: Timid
This thing is definitely a little different than the kinds of designs I'm used to Pokemon having, but that isn't at all a bad thing. I think he's pretty awesome! Hoping its stats are decent.

da best | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 LV
Old July 6th, 2013 (12:38 PM).
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

Nature: Lonely
Expect this one to see a lot of hate. Unjustified hate. "OMG I hate all pogeymanz not based on animuls!!!111!1".

It's a nice Pokémon, but I would've preferred one based on an empty knight armor set, even though there's already Golurk.

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old July 6th, 2013 (03:04 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

I hope that competitively this pokemon doesn't becoming like zen mode Darmanitan, looks good on paper but fails when used.
Old July 6th, 2013 (03:35 PM).
Blayze
Team Rocket Executive
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
I'm not really liking the design on this one. When I first saw it, I thought it was an item not a Pokemon. It might be a little more appealing/believable (I use that word loosely, of course) if it had some kind of ghostly aura around it.
Old July 6th, 2013 (04:04 PM).
j_Woo
Patnogonian

Nature: Hardy
Spoiler:
Honestly, the way that the fanbase has reacted to this Pokemon kind of sickens me a bit. The vast majority of people either started making childish genwunner comments or fanboying over it like an old cat lady would fanboy over a Harry Potter MMO. When someone says something like "I don't really like the design of this Pokemon", they would get attacked to no avail, being accused of being a genwunner and told they weren't allowed to voice their opinion on its design just because "gen one also had bad designs". Yeah, gen one had bad designs. So did 2, 3, 4, 5; gen 6 isn't any different. Why are people feeling the need to run around calling each other "untrue fans" just because they like or dislike a new Pokemon design? This happens with most new releases, but I feel like it's been insane with this one because of its obscure inspiration. We all really dropped the ball on this one as a whole.

^Me complaining about the way genwunners and newgenners have reacted to Honedge so far, read at you own risk^

As far as how my opinion on Honedge goes, I honestly don't really like the design. The typing is original, and who knows, it may have a personality in the anime or some in-game charisma that make me like it more, but when it comes to design ALONE, I don't think it's very good. I think they coulda added a bit more of something (not quite sure, so I can't fully judge) to make it seem like more than a sword that floats (I think Chandelure and Metagross are better examples of inanimate object Pokes), but that's just me

My Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrLiLiBubba?feature=mhee
Old July 6th, 2013 (04:27 PM).
Rin Okumura
I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Rin Okumura
Quote originally posted by Nicktaco:
How is it one bit unoriginal
The pokemon is just a haunted sword...something that has been going around in games for a while now Swordcraft is an example...that game had a possessed sword as one of the enemies.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links