Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page New Pokemon Monorpale/Hitotsuki/Honedge!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old July 15th, 2013 (06:59 PM).
dreamme,myWorld
Platinum Tier

Nature: Quiet
Honestly, I'm kind of surprised this thread has turned into some kind of debate about Honedge's design. As I mentioned before, there will always be people in which aesthetics really do matter to them when it comes to Pokemon. Inanimate objects are usually the target of these disappointments for the very reasons that Fennekin has stated: the lack of being "creature-like" or having any creature-esque features. I've heard quite a bit of people complain about the Vanilluxe line, merely because they're just ice cream with faces slapped on them, if you want to put it like that, but honestly, each and every person would have their preferences when concerning a Pokemon's design.

Is it silly? That is subjective, and it might not be silly to to the person who takes the design itself seriously. I just respect those people, because I know I feel that same way when concerning certain Pokemon myself. Heck, I'm not the biggest fan of that purple and blue seahorse aesthetically (lol I even forgot it's name, oops), but that's just my opinion and perspective on things, really. I imagine some people would feel the same about Honedge because of it's lack of definitive features other than being an eye on a sword and calling it a day (at least, thats how it would appear to some, unfortunately). So yean. u__u; Hope this post made sense and stuff.

» my dreamiverse
Old July 15th, 2013 (07:08 PM).

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Skype™ to Xander Olivieri
Quote originally posted by Flamebot:
This isn't my point. Who cares if its design is disapointing. And how it says its a possed sword might not even be true, frick rotom was a machine (most forms), we had giant ice cream and a fricken magnet and nobody complained. We also had gears, and again nobody complai ned. Now we get a cool object and people juet start automatically hating it? Jeez thats just so stupid. Who fricken cares about his looks, looks wont win a battle, nethier will being a objeft or a Pokemon, what wins a battle is typing advantages, stat advantages and skill/tactics and the pokemon has type advantages now all that ks needed is skill and stats and not to many pokemon require mega skill l.
You must not have been around when Gen 5 came out...Vanilite and Klink had some major hate going on everywhere. They are two of the most complained about designs of Generation 5.

Also Rotom is a plasma ghost that can posses machines. He isn't a Machine himself. As far as if Honedge is a possessed Sword...the creators said he is, therefore he is. They would not say that he was a possessed sword if he were not a possessed sword.

Though I agree that looks are not everything. Its not even a defining factor in battle. It is a defining factor in personal choice. Some people may never use it just because they don't like how it looks. Won't make any difference in how well it battles but its enough to keep it from seeing as much battles as it should.
Old July 17th, 2013 (12:44 PM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
I don't think it deserves this much hate, but I can see where People are coming from. They made the sword look plain, especially compared to it's Sheath that several people on this thread (including me) have said we prefer it with the Sheath on. Also it looks tiny and not very intimidating...though looks can be deceiving is what I hope it turns out to be :3
Old July 17th, 2013 (03:23 PM).
Silver Tier

I would love to see this have a Pseudo evolution tho I doubt it will. But if it did maybe more people would stop hating on it so much

FC:1521-4183-4396
In game name:Kylee(Y) Kyle(OR)
Old July 17th, 2013 (04:25 PM).

I would love to see this have a Pseudo evolution tho I doubt it will. But if it did maybe more people would stop hating on it so much
With that much of a power creep, not to mention its typing's nearly flawless set up would cause more *****ing than it would stop.

600 Base Stats Ghost/Steel type Pokemon that is immune to Fighting, Normal, and Poison while resisting Dragon, Flying, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Rock, and Steel x2 and Bug x4.

I mean that would be the perfect wall with serious possible attack power. It would be more a legendary like Pokemon than a pseudo legend with its insane potential. If it were a pseudo it would probably be banned from unofficial meta since its typing with those kinda stats and the fact that it can never miss is really broken.

It already counters almost everything that is common in the meta and barely takes anything from entry hazards, with exception to Spikes only. That's just begging for people to complain about overpowering Pokemon existing. People complained about the power creep gen 5 had this would make all those complaints even worse.
Old July 17th, 2013 (07:29 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
With that much of a power creep, not to mention its typing's nearly flawless set up would cause more *****ing than it would stop.

600 Base Stats Ghost/Steel type Pokemon that is immune to Fighting, Normal, and Poison while resisting Dragon, Flying, Grass, Ice, Psychic, Rock, and Steel x2 and Bug x4.

I mean that would be the perfect wall with serious possible attack power. It would be more a legendary like Pokemon than a pseudo legend with its insane potential. If it were a pseudo it would probably be banned from unofficial meta since its typing with those kinda stats and the fact that it can never miss is really broken.

It already counters almost everything that is common in the meta and barely takes anything from entry hazards, with exception to Spikes only. That's just begging for people to complain about overpowering Pokemon existing. People complained about the power creep gen 5 had this would make all those complaints even worse.

What do you mean by meta? And honestly I think gen 1 pokemon were the strongest base stat wise (most) imo I haven't compared all of them tho.

Old July 17th, 2013 (07:50 PM).

What do you mean by meta? And honestly I think gen 1 pokemon were the strongest base stat wise (most) imo I haven't compared all of them tho.
Meta is the competitive gameplay. You have the Nintendo Meta or official tournament meta and the online meta (smogon, Pokemon Showdown, stuff like that) also known as unofficial tournament meta. The unofficial is the only one that uses the Tier system while the official usually bans all event related Legendary Pokemon and Mewtwo.

Gen 6 had some serious fire power added in as well as some pretty high leveled evolutions. Practically the latter half was where majority of the power for Gen 5 was.
Old July 17th, 2013 (08:01 PM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by XanderO:
Meta is the competitive gameplay. You have the Nintendo Meta or official tournament meta and the online meta (smogon, Pokemon Showdown, stuff like that) also known as unofficial tournament meta. The unofficial is the only one that uses the Tier system while the official usually bans all event related Legendary Pokemon and Mewtwo.

Gen 6 had some serious fire power added in as well as some pretty high leveled evolutions. Practically the latter half was where majority of the power for Gen 5 was.

So the gen 5 Ranked battles were meta?

Old July 17th, 2013 (08:09 PM).
Banana

Xander is right. If this turned out to be a pseudo legendary it would be stupidly overpowered.
And what are your basing your statement on? Gen V easily has more power creeps than Gen I.

If you want me to be more specific, let's take a quick look at BSTs:

Gen I Pokémon with 540 or more BST: 9
Spoiler:
Gyarados
Snorlax
Arcanine
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dragonite
Mewtwo
Mew

Gen V Pokémon with 540 or more BST: 16
Spoiler:
Darmanitan Zen Mode
Haxorus
Victini
Archeops
Hydreigon
Volcarona
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Landorus
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
Old July 18th, 2013 (04:45 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by pedrito3_poke:
Xander is right. If this turned out to be a pseudo legendary it would be stupidly overpowered.
And what are your basing your statement on? Gen V easily has more power creeps than Gen I.

If you want me to be more specific, let's take a quick look at BSTs:

Gen I Pokémon with 540 or more BST: 9
Spoiler:
Gyarados
Snorlax
Arcanine
Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Dragonite
Mewtwo
Mew

Gen V Pokémon with 540 or more BST: 16
Spoiler:
Darmanitan Zen Mode
Haxorus
Victini
Archeops
Hydreigon
Volcarona
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Reshiram
Zekrom
Landorus
Kyurem
Keldeo
Meloetta
True but they released way more legendarys in 5th gen then 1st gen

Old July 18th, 2013 (10:39 AM).
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
True but they released way more legendarys in 5th gen then 1st gen
That's true, but excluding the legends it's a 2 to 5 ratio, or 2 to 4 (aka 1 to 2) if you're not counting a forme based on half Hp of a Pokémon with a DW ability. It's still a lot.

However:
Gen 3: had 4 (Milotic, Metagross, Salamence, and Slaking (the strongest bst non-legendary Pokémon tied with the mascots of the generation but has lame ability))
Gen 4: Had 3 Togekiss, Electivire, Magmotar.
The power creep though doesn't seem that big compared to the other two of the last three generations. It's gone in a modest pace, it seems to be more of the legendary creep than a power creep (btw Gen 1 doesn't count as a creep, as they're the originals).
Note: Gen 2 had one 540 non-legendary Kingdra.
Though I must admit I kind of what to see Honedge be a Pseudo now as I'll enjoy seeing the buzz it'll cause xD.
Old July 21st, 2013 (01:58 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nature: Naughty
Well, it's revealed that honedge can learn shadow sneak and aerial ace. This is going to be interesting.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)