Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Reload this Page Down Under: Ground-type Pokémon Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old July 23rd, 2013 (12:45 AM).
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by dannidarko:
Haha that's pretty cool! It's true that ground types need more cute pokemon! We have the likes of diglett and phanpy but squirrels are cute so they should be included too!! I always thought that pachirisu should get a evo in gen 6 (always thought it should be electric ground too).

Apart from that think there should be more dual types involving ground types. A ground fighting is badly needed!! More ground steels should be added too!!

On a side note the title of this thread is "Down under:ground type Pokemon fan club", is that an unintentional pun for Austrailia, is everyone here from there? lol
Ground/Fighting would be awesome. "Down Under" was the only Ground-related name I could come up with, but I had Australia on my mind when I came up with the name. I'm from the US by the way.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old August 6th, 2013 (07:32 PM).
Master of Ice

Sorry that I have not tended to my Ground-type club, been very busy with real-life issues. Don't hesitate to join or bring up another discussion, I check back in from time to time.
I have made Facebook pages of all 721 existing Pokémon plus Mega evolutions. If you want to join them, search for them in this format: [Pokémon's name], Pokémon # [Pokédex number], or for Mega evolutions, just type in Mega [Pokémon's name]
Old August 7th, 2013 (12:00 AM).
the pretender

Okay I think this club needs a kickstart in a new topic!

If you could transform into a ground-type, what Pokemon would you be and why?
Old August 7th, 2013 (01:56 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Narnia:
Okay I think this club needs a kickstart in a new topic!

If you could transform into a ground-type, what Pokemon would you be and why?
Wooper, so I could swim and cling to surfaces with my slimy body (as Wooper did in the anime)
Old August 7th, 2013 (03:09 PM).
the pretender

Quote originally posted by CloysterOyster:
Wooper, so I could swim and cling to surfaces with my slimy body (as Wooper did in the anime)
Ooh Wooper is certainly an interesting choice! It'd be fun being able to walk on land while easily being able to swim and cling to surfaces. Sounds badass. As for me, I honestly think I'd like to be a Gligar. Roaming the skies while picking prey off the ground would be a neat way of survival. While sleeping upside down isn't the greatest thought, it'd be easy for me to survive- just scoop up fish, pick plants and then I can do whatever I want from dawn to dusk. Plus being small has its advantages! You can easily hide, get away faster and so forth. Being a Gligar would be pretty cool!
Old August 7th, 2013 (04:51 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Narnia:
Ooh Wooper is certainly an interesting choice! It'd be fun being able to walk on land while easily being able to swim and cling to surfaces. Sounds badass. As for me, I honestly think I'd like to be a Gligar. Roaming the skies while picking prey off the ground would be a neat way of survival. While sleeping upside down isn't the greatest thought, it'd be easy for me to survive- just scoop up fish, pick plants and then I can do whatever I want from dawn to dusk. Plus being small has its advantages! You can easily hide, get away faster and so forth. Being a Gligar would be pretty cool!
Bad part about being a Wooper is that I evolve into a Pokémon that carelessly swims and hits its head on rocks and boat hulls.

Gligar is a nice choice. Sorely underrated and evolves into a more powerful, more devious Pokémon named Gliscor. I liked Gligar's type combination and how it's immune to Electric attacks despite being part Flying. I have always had a dream of being able to fly. Sometimes I dream about flying but wake up to find that I'm still on the ground. :/ Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to soar and glide like a Gligar or other Flying-type.
Old August 7th, 2013 (05:32 PM).
the pretender

Bad part about being a Wooper is that I evolve into a Pokémon that carelessly swims and hits its head on rocks and boat hulls. :(

Gligar is a nice choice. Sorely underrated and evolves into a more powerful, more devious Pokémon named Gliscor. I liked Gligar's type combination and how it's immune to Electric attacks despite being part Flying. I have always had a dream of being able to fly. Sometimes I dream about flying but wake up to find that I'm still on the ground. :/ Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to soar and glide like a Gligar or other Flying-type.

Yeah while that is unfortunate, at least Quagsire has some arms! It could probably also easily cushion its fall. But its clumsy nature is certainly fitting to its Dream World ability, Unaware. Just an observation. I think they intended to make it have an ability that's similar to its Pokedex Entry. Nevertheless its very fitting since Quagsire just appears to be a happy, little blob that minds its own business and doesn't care about the world around it. It'll just keep swimming. Like Dory. (yaaaay references <3)

I've always thought about flying too. It'd be pretty spectacular and its probably the reason why I'm jealous of birds or animals that have the ability to fly. Not only are a majority of them rather agile, small and beautiful design-wise, they can just go up up and away any time they like without paying their entire wallet in the process. Being a bird would be a cool life but the thought of eating worms is mildly disturbing. Snails are okay but worms, really? Kind of a horrifying thought. :I

Hmm I've just had another thought though. Is ground/flying logically possible? I mean... you're either off the ground like a bird or your feet are firmly placed on it. Yes you can have both but I think its rather odd, since they're kind of opposites to each other. Nevertheless we have water/electric which naturally doesn't go well together and can end with horrible results. (Think electrical toasters in a water-filled bathtub!)
Old August 7th, 2013 (08:34 PM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I have always had a dream of being able to fly. Sometimes I dream about flying but wake up to find that I'm still on the ground. :/ Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to soar and glide like a Gligar or other Flying-type.
I think you're in the wrong club for this! ;)

I do adore Gligar and Gliscor's typing - I always figured it would be Ground/Poison when I first saw it (scorpion, eh?) but the Ground/Flying alternative is a lot more fun. It's a shame about the Ice weakness but the Electric immunity is much appreciated and the Rock resistance is a help too. Their powerful Earthquake is certainly a force to be reckoned with and it takes a heck of a lot to take this bulky Ground-type down, plus they look kind of like Dracula which is always cool, so I'll always love the Gligar family. An all-time Ground favourite of mine haha.
Old August 7th, 2013 (10:33 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by AlexOzzyCake:
I think you're in the wrong club for this!

I do adore Gligar and Gliscor's typing - I always figured it would be Ground/Poison when I first saw it (scorpion, eh?) but the Ground/Flying alternative is a lot more fun. It's a shame about the Ice weakness but the Electric immunity is much appreciated and the Rock resistance is a help too. Their powerful Earthquake is certainly a force to be reckoned with and it takes a heck of a lot to take this bulky Ground-type down, plus they look kind of like Dracula which is always cool, so I'll always love the Gligar family. An all-time Ground favourite of mine haha.
It's all Narnia's fault lol. I like the fact it knows Guillotine and a small handful of Bug-type moves that involve using its powerful claws. It only knew Earthquake when winning one from an event in Pokémon Stadium 2 but now it can be taught Ground-type moves by TM (Earthquake, Dig and Bulldoze). Ground/Poison would have been an interesting pair-up, something a la Zubat family.
Old August 9th, 2013 (09:37 PM).
Rise Above The Rest

Nature: Relaxed
Preferred username: Jumpleet\

Partner Pokémon: Gliscor

If you were to have an Ground-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be?

Honestly, I would love to have a phanpy mostly because having a mini-elephant to show-off to everyone would be awesome
Moves: Rollout, Ice Shard, Hyper Voice, Protect

Favorite Ground-type move- Earth Power

Why do you like/love Ground-type Pokémon?
Ground Pokemon always seem so rugged while still having an aura of cute about them.
Old August 9th, 2013 (10:35 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Jumpleet:
Preferred username: Jumpleet\

Partner Pokémon: Gliscor

If you were to have an Ground-type Pokémon in real life, who would it be and why? What would its moveset be?

Honestly, I would love to have a phanpy mostly because having a mini-elephant to show-off to everyone would be awesome
Moves: Rollout, Ice Shard, Hyper Voice, Protect

Favorite Ground-type move- Earth Power

Why do you like/love Ground-type Pokémon?
Ground Pokemon always seem so rugged while still having an aura of cute about them.
Welcome to the club. Gliscor's a good choice...creepy, swift and deadly. Phanpy is cute and would make a good companion (until it evolves and then you have some trouble ) Good to have Ice Shard to keep those Grass-types at bay and Rollout to overwhelm your opponents. Ground-types are pretty rugged, like a suit of rock armor, but still nice.
Old August 14th, 2013 (07:36 AM).
Hello

Nature: Jolly
Preferred username Pokemount
Partner Pokémon Flygon
Answer the current topic If I could transform into a ground type it would be Flygon. I think flying around in a desert enviornment looking around for an oasis would be neat.
Favorite Ground-type move Earthquake
Why do you like/love Ground-type Pokémon? I love their immunity to electricity (I find paralysis the most annoying status problem). I also like their advantages over a lot of types, and a good number of them are very good defensively.
Old August 14th, 2013 (09:34 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Pokemount:
Preferred username Pokemount
Partner Pokémon Flygon
Answer the current topic If I could transform into a ground type it would be Flygon. I think flying around in a desert enviornment looking around for an oasis would be neat.
Favorite Ground-type move Earthquake
Why do you like/love Ground-type Pokémon? I love their immunity to electricity (I find paralysis the most annoying status problem). I also like their advantages over a lot of types, and a good number of them are very good defensively.
Welcome to the club. Flygon's a good choice, just not sure why it's Ground/Dragon when it looks more like a Bug/Dragon An oasis in the desert sounds peaceful. I agree, paralysis is annoying to be afflicted with, so keep a Ground-type handy in the sticky situations.
Old September 9th, 2013 (02:09 PM).
Master of Ice

Let's get this club shakin' again

Old September 9th, 2013 (07:37 PM).
Crystal Tier

Ohh I love Diglett ♥ It's such a curious Pokémon but I wish more had been revealed about it. I'm really interested in the bottom half haha - what do you guys think's down there? Do you think it's just a simple mole? And do you like Diglett as a Pokémon? How do you think the evolution into Dugtrio happens? It's a really quirky Pokémon family so it'd be a shame not to discuss them!
Old September 9th, 2013 (11:30 PM).
the pretender

Diglett is an adorable Pokemon that I've always loved whether half of it is missing or not. I've still been confused by the Diglett's nose or Diglett's mouth debate. Some say it's just his nose, some say it's a mouth with one tooth. What do you guys think? As for what's underneath, I don't imagine anything . I can't think of anything underneath that doesn't look weird but it might be based on those whack-a-mole creations. Actually if it does have anything underneath, this looks pretty realistic. :p

Spoiler:

Thoughts? I personally find that it could work. As for how Digletts somehow clump together, I have no idea. It might be like Magneton where they are pulled by a magnetic force. Maybe Gamefreak just ran out of ideas. But the idea of how Dugtrio came to be is an interesting concept. Maybe they're a family? Mother, father, child. I honestly don't know how three Digletts suddenly appear but if anyone has theories, then feel free to share. :D
Old September 10th, 2013 (01:31 AM).
Master of Ice

I think it's a nose, as it looks raised when you look closely at it. A mouth wouldn't look so raised like that I think. I also agree on that Diglett is based off the whack-a-mole games. Perhaps Diglett is shaped like an imperfect cylinder and doesn't have arms or legs.
Old September 18th, 2013 (04:17 AM).
Master of Ice

I can't wait to see what Ground-types they'll release in Generation 6. Also, thanks to AlexOzzyCake for the Ground-type club's userbar in the original post.
Old September 18th, 2013 (04:23 AM).
Crystal Tier

I can't wait to see what Ground-types they'll release in Generation 6. Also, thanks to AlexOzzyCake for the Ground-type club's userbar in the original post. :)
You're welcome :D

What kind of Ground Pokémon are you actually expecting to see for Gen VI? I can't think of many animals left to be made that would strike me as Ground-type so kind of clutching at straws for guessing new designs now haha. Have you guys thought of any yet?
Old September 18th, 2013 (04:41 AM).
Master of Ice

You're welcome :D

What kind of Ground Pokémon are you actually expecting to see for Gen VI? I can't think of many animals left to be made that would strike me as Ground-type so kind of clutching at straws for guessing new designs now haha. Have you guys thought of any yet?
Some kind of worm that is Ground-based. Ground still has not been paired with Fighting, Normal and the new Fairy type, so maybe any of those three.
Old September 18th, 2013 (05:10 AM).
Crystal Tier

Some kind of worm that is Ground-based. Ground still has not been paired with Fighting, Normal and the new Fairy type, so maybe any of those three.
Oo that'd be interesting - how about a Ground/Dark-type worm that ambushes prey from underneath and surprise attacks them, with or without drinking their blood? :D It could be a vampire earthworm...thing. XD
Old September 18th, 2013 (05:29 AM). Edited December 30th, 2013 by CloysterOyster.
Master of Ice

Oo that'd be interesting - how about a Ground/Dark-type worm that ambushes prey from underneath and surprise attacks them, with or without drinking their blood? :D It could be a vampire earthworm...thing. XD
I like the idea of that.
Old September 18th, 2013 (04:19 PM).

Username: walnutsloth

Partner pokemon: cubone

Answer to topic question: My favorite ground type move has to be earthquake, which is probobly my favorite move overall. Especially in double and triple battles.
Old September 18th, 2013 (07:27 PM).
Master of Ice

Quote originally posted by Walnutsloth:
Username: walnutsloth

Partner pokemon: cubone

Answer to topic question: My favorite ground type move has to be earthquake, which is probobly my favorite move overall. Especially in double and triple battles.
Welcome to the club. I remember Cubone in the games. A sad time when you'd venture into the Lavender Town Pokemon Tower and a Cubone's mother (Marowak) was killed by Team Rocket, and you had to defeat her ghost to put her to rest. Earthquake is probably the best Ground-type move, it just screams damage.
Old September 24th, 2013 (09:28 AM).
Crystal Tier

Club event: Favorite Ground-type Face-Off!
I'll enter each of the current 59 Ground-types in a randomized tournament column and you vote on your favorite from each column based on origin, design, move set, etc. between the two pitted against each other per column. I'll start with 5 columns a week, so get your votes in.
Column #1: Golurk vs. Excadrill
Column #2: Diglett vs. Barboach
Column #3: Marshtomp vs. Dugtrio
Column #4: Cubone vs. Krokorok
Column #5: Stunfisk vs. Krookodile
Most of these brackets seem pretty easy to pick so time to get voting!

Excadrill! What can I say - it's a badass steel mole that can rip anything to shreds in a matter of seconds vs a weird clay ghost robot thing with no real skills or fun aspects to play around with. Excadrill wins easily here and is one of my favourite Pokémon (probably because it's just the Unova version of Sandslash) and he's endlessly more fun to use on a team. Golurk's Fly is interesting, but that's the only thing it has going for it.

Diglett! HOW CUTE IS THIS THING OMG. It's a tiny little mole that's so cute and adorable and I just want to hug it eeeeep. Diglett's one of the cutest Pokémon out there (assuming it's bottom half isn't grotesque...) and I adore its design, I just wish it'd come out of the ground occasionally haha.

Dugtrio! The reason? Just see above for Diglett. What's more awesome than Diglett? THREE DIGLETTS. ♥ Marshtomp's kind of ugly and I don't really like the line much but Water/Ground is an interesting combo so ehh, I think Dugtrio still comes out on top here.

Cubone! Cubone's cute and Krokorok's scary - need I say more? Cubone's one of those Pokémon that no one could hate (if you put aside the whole skull/dead mother thing...) whereas Krokorok's just a normal boring Pokémon with not much interesting going for it. Sandile's cute but Krokorok fits more in the "awkward" category.

STUUUUUNNNFFFIIIIISSSSKKKKK. This thing is just so ridiculously derpy that I love it omg. Krookodile's kind of cool and has a nice 'badass' factor about it but Stunfisk is just hilarious and that makes it a perfect Pokémon, especially when it's so fun to use in battle and surprisingly strong. I used one on my team in Black and I adored it so it easily takes the vote here, especially when it's only up against some evil crocodile thing.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)