The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 5th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Umbr30n
Laggity Laggity Flash Crash!

Preferred username Umbr30n
Partner Pokémon Steelix

Favourite Ground Type?

Steelix, because it's design, and name and pretty much everything about it is awesome.

Favourite Ground Type Move?

It has to be Fissure. It doesn't matter how low it's accuracy is - What it can do completely makes up for it. It gets rid of almost any Pokémon which can be very useful as you could get rid of most tanks (Shuckle, anyone?) which could turn the game around. Just make sure you don't try it against higher level Pokémon, that's actually where you start wasting valuable turns.

Why do you like the Ground Type?

Every Ground-Type has something unique about them - They all excel at different stats unlike some Types and they are strong against many different types. What's more, they have the rare occurance of having a knockout move with them, something 14 other types don't have yet (I'm not counting Fairy, we don't actually know what moves they have yet).

Old October 5th, 2013, 04:06 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbr30n View Post
Preferred username Umbr30n
Partner Pokémon Steelix

Favourite Ground Type?

Steelix, because it's design, and name and pretty much everything about it is awesome.

Favourite Ground Type Move?

It has to be Fissure. It doesn't matter how low it's accuracy is - What it can do completely makes up for it. It gets rid of almost any Pokémon which can be very useful as you could get rid of most tanks (Shuckle, anyone?) which could turn the game around. Just make sure you don't try it against higher level Pokémon, that's actually where you start wasting valuable turns.

Why do you like the Ground Type?

Every Ground-Type has something unique about them - They all excel at different stats unlike some Types and they are strong against many different types. What's more, they have the rare occurance of having a knockout move with them, something 14 other types don't have yet (I'm not counting Fairy, we don't actually know what moves they have yet).
Welcome to the club. I love Steelix as well, they did right with him and his design. Big, tough iron snake with a nasty attitude. I never used Fissure much but I love that it is a one-hit KO, I should've used it more. Ground-types are underrated but are that one type you have in your back pocket when you need them.

Last edited by CloysterOyster; October 7th, 2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old October 6th, 2013, 04:49 AM
Umbr30n

Column #1: Claydol has my vote. Great wall. Brilliant movepool. Only problem is that it doesn't have very high Attack stats and that it has six weaknesses, and at least four of them are used a lot.

Column #2: Marshtomp. Only real weakness is Grass (Which is not used too much, but it's 4x) and it could learn moves to destroy even them (Excellent Movepool). And what's more, it evolves into a beast. As for Donphan, I also like that, as it's a great tank. It's massive problem is that all of it's weaknesses mainly use Special Attacks, and Donphan's Special Defense is poor, so it could be done in two attacks, maybe even one attack.

Column #3: Gabite. It's very fast, it's very powerful, and it evolves into an AWESOME beast.

Column #4: Rhyperior. It may be even worse than Donphan at resistance, but how is a tiny Gible going to stand a chance against something that looks almost 4 times bigger? Sure, Gible's line is good, but Rhyperior is even better.

Column #5: Diglett. I would have said Larvitar had it's final evolution stayed to being Ground-Type. But unfortunately, it's not (But Rock/Ground isn't a too good combination anyway, though...) so I have to say Diglett's better because it's evolution could finish off a whole team depending on how you train it.

Old October 8th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Umbr30n

Column #1: Baltoy is best, it's an actual Ground-Type and can throw away all of Arceus' Electric and Ground moves.

Column #2: Generation I is much better than Generation V, so I'm saying Cubone.

Column #3: Stunfisk would win against even Hippowdon. Wanna know why? Stunfisk.

Column #4: Generation I is much better than Generation III, so I'm saying Diglett.

Column #5: Rhydon can learn anything, man. Even if it's exaggerated, it still learns a lot of moves, and many of them could take down a Claydol.

Old October 8th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'll vote for Baltoy, Cubone, Stunfisk, Diglett and Rhydon, all because I simply don't like the other Pokémon in their respective match-ups paha. Convenient for them I think!

Has anyone watched the Pokémon Origin anime yet? Gioanni's use of Ground-types is really impressive, I didn't know they could be so strong haha. Do you guys think he actually qualifies as a decent gym leader or will he always just be the Rocket boss to you?
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:38 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
I'll vote for Baltoy, Cubone, Stunfisk, Diglett and Rhydon, all because I simply don't like the other Pokémon in their respective match-ups paha. Convenient for them I think!

Has anyone watched the Pokémon Origin anime yet? Gioanni's use of Ground-types is really impressive, I didn't know they could be so strong haha. Do you guys think he actually qualifies as a decent gym leader or will he always just be the Rocket boss to you?
Votes added. No I have not, what is it exactly? I don't think they gave Giovanni enough credit as a master Ground trainer and Gym Leader, too much focus on him being the boss of Team Rocket.
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Umbr30n

Giovanni's just the Rocket Boss to me, because I play Johto games more than Kanto Games and in the Johto games Giovanni's just known as the Rocket Boss.

What was the Pokémon League thinking, hiring the Rocket Boss? Sure, they might not have known, but surely they would have thought he was shady, because he kept on "disappearing" when actually he's been leading a whole rebellion of criminals? And, just in case anybody mentions Blaine here, as a matter of fact, he did help the Rockets (He helped create Mewtwo). But that doesn't matter, it doesn't involve Ground-Types.

Old October 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Blaine helped make the Rockets/Mewtwo? Blimey, I had no idea haha.

To answer about Giovanni; he was portrayed as evil to begin with but then as he was battling Red in the gym match he started to remember back to when he was first becoming a trainer and remembered how much he loved the feeling and then gave an absolutely remarkable fight against Red. I won't go into more detail to avoid spoiling it for you guys, but I really wish they showed this side of Giovanni more in the games. I think he really had the potential to be a great gym leader that'd have a huge impact on the story.
Old October 8th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Umbr30n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post
Blaine helped make the Rockets/Mewtwo? Blimey, I had no idea haha.
Yeah, part of Mewtwo's DNA matches Blaine's.

/Massive spoilers in the wrong threads/

/Parallelogram/

Three years later though, apparently Giovanni still works for Team Rocket. Or the Rockets want him back. :/

Old October 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Discussion

Which new Ground-type is your favorite? Have you used them yet, assuming you have X and/or Y?

Diggersby, Bunnelby's evolved form and is a dual Normal/Ground type known as the Digging Pokemon

Zygarde, a legendary dual Dragon/Ground type known as the Order Pokemon

Garchomp also has a Mega form now

Last edited by CloysterOyster; December 20th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Nature: Timid
Preferred username: Cirno
Partner Pokémon:

Favorite Ground-type Pokémon?
Phanpy! His adorableness was too hard to resist in the anime. I fell in love with the little guy even more when I saw his animated sprite in the fifth generation.. too cute. :) Donphan is pretty great as well! Its line really helped me out a lot in the G/S/C days, though it took forever to find one that wouldn't flee before I could catch it, haha.

Which Ground-type has the best design?
Personally for me, Excadrill. Who doesn't think a mole with razor-sharp blades for arms is cool? Though I was pretty surprised to see how small it was, I'll admit.
Old November 26th, 2013, 01:19 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
Preferred username: Cirno
Partner Pokémon:

Favorite Ground-type Pokémon?
Phanpy! His adorableness was too hard to resist in the anime. I fell in love with the little guy even more when I saw his animated sprite in the fifth generation.. too cute. Donphan is pretty great as well! Its line really helped me out a lot in the G/S/C days, though it took forever to find one that wouldn't flee before I could catch it, haha.

Which Ground-type has the best design?
Personally for me, Excadrill. Who doesn't think a mole with razor-sharp blades for arms is cool? Though I was pretty surprised to see how small it was, I'll admit.
Welcome to the club. Phanpy is a cutie. I remember how hard it was to find one in the generation II games, but I think I did capture one. Excadrill is awesome too, love him in the anime.
Old December 2nd, 2013, 02:40 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

I know it's Monday, but let's get things shakin'. What shall we talk about Ground-wise?
Old December 20th, 2013, 02:23 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

New topic is up. Let's get shakin'. I will go ahead and answer it myself.

Only 2 types have not been paired with Ground: Fighting and Fairy. I'd like to see a Ground/Fighting combo, but not sure exactly what animal or so it would be. Any ideas?
Old December 21st, 2013, 11:29 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Garchomp.

I'd like to see a Ground/Fighting combo, but not sure exactly what animal or so it would be. Any ideas?
If they were to introduce a ground/fighting Pokémon at some point in the future, then I would imagine it to look much Gliscor, but only without the wings. Gliscor is based off mecoptera apparently, which is a type of scorpion. Maybe this Pokémon could be based on a different kind of scorpion? o:
Old December 22nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora View Post
Preferred username: Nymphadora.
Partner Pokémon: Garchomp.

I'd like to see a Ground/Fighting combo, but not sure exactly what animal or so it would be. Any ideas?
If they were to introduce a ground/fighting Pokémon at some point in the future, then I would imagine it to look much Gliscor, but only without the wings. Gliscor is based off mecoptera apparently, which is a type of scorpion. Maybe this Pokémon could be based on a different kind of scorpion? o:
Welcome to the club. Garchomp is an excellent choice in a partner, one of the most powerful non-legendary Pokemon, Ground or Dragon. I find its Mega form to be silly-looking, so I usually stick to its original form. It was scary how Axew battled Garchomp in the anime and barely made a scratch on it. Perhaps a scorpion, or some other ground/desert animal that I haven't thought of.
Old December 30th, 2013, 06:31 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Here are all 3 of my Ground teams

Spoiler:

Baltoy @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate

-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball
-Earth Power
-Sandstorm

Claydol @ Leftovers

-Hyper Beam
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Earthquake

Landorus @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force

-Earthquake
-Iron Tail
-Fly
-Hammer Arm

Gliscor @ Razor Fang
Ability: Hyper Cutter

-Thunder Fang
-Dig
-X-Scissor
-Acrobatics

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor

-Bone Rush
-Bonemerang
-Bone Club
-Thrash

Dugtrio @ Leftovers
Ability: Arena Trap

-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dig
-Mud Bomb
============================================
Ground monotype team #2

Dugtrio @ Leftovers
Ability: Arena Trap

-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dig
-Magnitude

Hippowdon @ Grip Claw

-Earthquake
-Thunder Fang
-Sand Tomb
-Crunch

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy

-Rollout
-Bulldoze
-Slam
-Horn Attack

Gliscor @ Razor Fang
Ability: Hyper Cutter

-Thunder Fang
-Dig
-X-Scissor
-Acrobatics

Flygon @ Leftovers

-Supersonic
-Dragon Tail
-Dragon Breath
-Earth Power

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break

-Land's Wrath
-Sandstorm
-Draco Meteor
-Crunch
============================================
Ground monotype team #3

Groudon @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought

-Earthquake
-Solar Beam
-Eruption
-Hammer Arm

Sandslash @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil

-Crush Claw
-Dig
-Sandstorm
-X-Scissor

Excadrill @ Leftovers

-Drill Run
-Metal Claw
-Hone Claws
-Earthquake

Krookodile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate

-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Dig
-Outrage

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static

-Mud Bomb
-Muddy Water
-Thunderbolt
-Bounce

Golurk @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist

-Shadow Punch
-Magnitude
-Hammer Arm
-Dynamic Punch

Last edited by CloysterOyster; February 3rd, 2014 at 06:09 AM.
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:40 AM
TwerkingDiglett

Nature: Naughty
Preferred username TwerkingDiglett
Partner Pokémon Mah homie Dugtrio
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ground-type team
Diglett
Diglett
Diglett
Dugtrio
Dugtrio
Dugtrio
#TWERKTEAM
Why do you like Ground type: Cause im a Diglett. That can twerk. How can I not like myself?
Favorite Ground type move: Earthquake. MAKE DAT ASS CLAP!
Favorite ground type pokemon: Diglett. cause we got dat ass doe

It's super effective!

Haters fainted.~
Old December 30th, 2013, 08:47 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwerkingDiglett View Post
Preferred username TwerkingDiglett
Partner Pokémon Mah homie Dugtrio
Pick a 6-Pokémon Ground-type team
Diglett
Diglett
Diglett
Dugtrio
Dugtrio
Dugtrio
#TWERKTEAM
Why do you like Ground type: Cause im a Diglett. That can twerk. How can I not like myself?
Favorite Ground type move: Earthquake. MAKE DAT ASS CLAP!
Favorite ground type pokemon: Diglett. cause we got dat ass doe
I'm speechless...but welcome to the club.
Old January 6th, 2014, 03:33 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

I think the Ground froze over. Let's get things shakin' here again.
Old January 10th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Nature: Timid
/pops in! It's about time to get this baby moving again, like you said.

I can actually see a ground and fighting golem-like Pokemon and that was the first to come into my head for some reason. Something like Golurk but with rock-hard boxing gloves (probably sounds more ridiculous than I'm imagining though, haha).

Ground/fairy is something I can totally see though! An earth fairy/pixie would be quite adorable and I can foresee it becoming a small legend or the sort for a generation.
Old January 19th, 2014, 12:11 AM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep View Post
/pops in! It's about time to get this baby moving again, like you said.

I can actually see a ground and fighting golem-like Pokemon and that was the first to come into my head for some reason. Something like Golurk but with rock-hard boxing gloves (probably sounds more ridiculous than I'm imagining though, haha).

Ground/fairy is something I can totally see though! An earth fairy/pixie would be quite adorable and I can foresee it becoming a small legend or the sort for a generation.
Ground/Fighting sounds awesome. It would resist quite a few types and be a powerhouse for sure. Maybe even have a dual-typed move, kind of like how Hawlucha's Flying Press is both Fighting and Flying. Ground/Fairy. Hmmm, that would knock off all 3 of its weaknesses (Fire, Poison and Steel).
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Aslan
the pretender

Nature: Relaxed

For some reason, everytime I hear the words ground/fighting, my mind automatically thinks of Chesnaught. Maybe it's the mole-like appearance that Quilladin had? Plus it's secondary type is already fighting so just a thought. If it were a completely new pokemon then I'd imagine it to be some buff and tough-looking pokemon. Perhaps a tyrannosaurus rex? They lived on land and frequently got into scuffles with other dinosaurs. I'm not sure what else would fit this category though- other than Bruce Lee with fists that could cause earthquakes.

cat 1: what if i say im not like the others
cat 2: what if i say im not just another one of your plays
cat 1: you're the pretender
cat 2: what if i say ill never surrender

/cue lightsaber fight
Old February 12th, 2014, 03:21 PM
CloysterOyster
Master of Ice

New topic is up. Be sure to answer it.
Old February 12th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Endless
& heading that way

Nature: Careful
Send a message via AIM to Endless
Which Ground-type is the best to use offensively?
Definitely Garchomp. Just maximize its Attack and Speed stats, give it a Choice Band or Life Orb, and it'd be all set for sweeping! Golurk's pretty good, too. Thanks to No Guard, it could destroy almost your opponent's entire team by using DynamicPunch. d:
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links