The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 18th, 2013, 09:37 AM
OmegaTL
Time Lord

Nature: Timid
I couldn't care less about the gender...
Well, except for Machamp and Gardevoir. I don't think I need to say any more on that matter.

Planned X/Y team so far: Fennekin evo, Charizard, Blaziken, ???, ???, ???
Like Doctor Who? Come join us at Peladon!
Old September 18th, 2013, 07:50 PM
BourbonWhiskey
Pokemon Stained Memories

Nature: Calm
I always pick Pokemon that are male whenever I play a specific Pokemon game, BUT when I have seen Snivy of Ash (I aways pictured Snivy as male before Pokemon Black/White was released), I said to myself: "Woah! Now that is smexy cool!"

If you have traded with me, please do post here for the outcome report of the trade: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=316565

FOR TRADE:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mc&usp=sharing

3DS Friend Code: 5215-0717-7839
3655 3173 6505 - Pokemon White 2 Friend Code MAIN GAME
2323 8675 3566 - Pokemon Black 2 Friend Code
Old September 21st, 2013, 07:35 AM
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

Nature: Quirky
The gender of my Pokemon doesn't matter to me, I love them regardless LOL
Though usually I'll try to make my team half boys and half girls, if I can. I just like having an equal amount.
But it's kind of funny, the whole "masculine-looking Pokemon should be male, vice versa" thing because I have a male Skitty and he's one of my favourites.

signature banner by mizuiro_konoha @ deviantart~
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:27 PM
CoffeeDrink
Koffi~

Nature: Bold
Hm, koff~

I like some of the starter Pokemon to be female. Certain Pokemon learn the same moves at earlier levels in their pre-evolved forms, so I can get the moves I want through breeding fairly quickly. I don't think I notice much. I don't really use 'gender specific' type Pokemon, so they could be either male or female. It also depends on how the male/female forms look. Sharpedo for instance, I like that cut on the dorsal fin, so I'd like it to be male, while carvanha is male or female. However there are some with the opposite, like my koffings tend to be male and weezing tends to be female, koffi~

Other than that, I have no issues with male or female Pokemon, as I need them both for breeding.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:53 PM
xSvenx

wow I thought I was the only one!
I catch only male Pokemon. There are few exceptions, like Jinx but in general, I catch noly male Pokemon. I have no idea why though.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:24 PM
Dillon_68
Lover of Winter

Nature: Relaxed
Most of my teams have ended up 50% Male, 50% Female (surprisingly no genderless, ever). Most of the time I intentionally pick a gender based on what I view the Pokemon as being (example I always pick female Roserades). Sometimes I'll catch either gender and adjust my nicknames to fit the Pokemon; usually I do this for rarer Pokemon that are time consuming to hunt.
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:00 AM
SoundDesperado

I generally don't care about gender, except on Manly Pokemon like Machamp and Blastoise, and Feminine Pokemon like Gardevoir and Gothitelle (I just got a Gothitelle on my Randomizer Nuzlocke, but it's a guy At least it has a Modest nature, I guess...)
Old September 28th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Yumetaro
dunsparce you beautiful child

I honestly don't care if I have more males/females on my team, but if the Pokemon looks very masculine/feminine (Lopunny, Gardevoir, Machamp, etc.) I want it to be male/female.
Old September 28th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
I don't really care about genders in the game. I mean if I have a boy and a girl I'll most likely take the girl... not any reason why, I just would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumetaro View Post
I honestly don't care if I have more males/females on my team, but if the Pokemon looks very masculine/feminine (Lopunny, Gardevoir, Machamp, etc.) I want it to be male/female.
Oh yea, and this. I wouldn't want a female Machamp

Last edited by Ari Niko; September 28th, 2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 28th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Magmaruby and Aquasapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn

I don't really care unless if it's got a gender difference like Jellicent and even then I capture both of them in due time .
Old September 28th, 2013, 11:11 PM
yungdialysis
shoutout to britney spears

When i was young i didn't want female pokemon. So i think that's why it just doesn't feel right to have a female pokemon for me nowadays. Unless some times when it made sense if the pokemon was female and one exception: once i had a female dragonite in fire red and she was really strong i have her in my black team right now.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
[/sig-reason]
Old September 29th, 2013, 11:32 AM
CeeëX

Wow, and I practically thought I was the only one until I stumbled upon this huge thread! :'D
Old October 2nd, 2013, 12:49 AM
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Depending on how the Pokémon looks.

I will never willfully have a female Geodude in my party.

I will never willfully have male Jynx (if it's even possible)

Male Budews? (Nope)

Female Mr. Mime? U srs.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 03:43 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest
Actually majority of Pokémon I prefer female... one exception is Samurott which I prefer male
Old October 2nd, 2013, 04:26 AM
godo156
All Hail the Glow Cloud

Send a message via Skype™ to godo156
I personally don't care either way when it comes to the gender of them
Old October 2nd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Pokémon Trainer Yellow

Nature: Serious
That's how I am as well, unless it's a shiny Pokémon.
Old October 2nd, 2013, 09:59 AM
Sonatron
Face of Rubber

Nature: Quiet
It depends on the Pokémon for me, some of them sort of suit being male or female. Most of my teams are usually like 90-100% male though.

Pet Shop "Let's make it another great day!" RPGuild

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

Old October 4th, 2013, 01:22 PM
TheTwilitTrainer

Nature: Quiet
My Vaporeon is always female. I guess it's sort because my cats have always been cuter if they're female. Don't get how that works either.

It really depends on the which pokemon it is. Most ghost and normal types are either way.

The idea of a gigalith laying an egg frightens me a bit. Why you ask? I'm always asking myself "How does a rock do so without breaking the egg?" Then I realize that going any further with that thought would be a liiiiitle too personal...

I've always thought Snivy looked more female than male. Probably because my first thought on hearing the name of it's final evo was "Mother Serperior."

My safari is Swalot, Gloom, Drapion
FC: 1220-6775-9793
Old October 4th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Lazer
Geek in the Pink

Nature: Sassy
It doesn't matter to me unless they're specific in a way like I would want a male Ralts for Gallade or female Combee for Vespiquen.

Old October 19th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Charizard17

I don't really care about gender unless I had the perfect nickname for one gender. For example, I had the perfect nickname for a female Fennekin, so if I didn't get one on the first try, I would have reset for a female for nickname purposes. I actually like using masculine female and feminine male Pokémon, and I'll usually evolve my male Ralts to Gardevoir, unless it's to fill the Pokedex, or I need a fighting type.
Old October 19th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Imperator161

I tend to prefer male Pokémon, at least for my team. I guess I started caring about gender when I read that male Pokémon had better attack stats than females (back in gen II), and I wanted the strongest Pokémon I could get. While I realize that there's no longer an inherent attack IV difference between males and females, it's been hard to break the trend. Also, blue is my favorite color, and ever since they started coloring the male symbol blue, I've wanted to have that next to my Pokémon. (If they went back to having the symbols both be black or something, I probably wouldn't care as much).

The one exception to this is in Colosseum, where every Pokémon I caught had to be female. However, I did that mainly because Ditto wasn't available at the time, and I wanted to be able to breed the Pokémon I got from Colosseum on RS.
Old October 19th, 2013, 06:19 PM
PokéLoco

I caught a male Gardevoir. I still refer to it as 'her'.
It's one of the Pokémon I just consider 100% female, same with Chansey, Espeon, Jinx, etc.
I would only catch a female version of those if I notice, but I usually don't really care because either way they will do the same things.
------------------

My Trade section
Looking for the following Pokémon:
-Female Gardevoir with Modest Nature [Working on a Trade atm]
-Any gender Scizor with Adamant Nature [Working on a Trade atm]
-Any gender Tyranitar with Adamant Nature [Working on a Trade atm]

I am offering:
-Any gen VI starter (I will breed once requested - may take up to 10 - 15 minutes)
-Male Sylveon lvl 10 Impish Nature
-Female Spiritzee lvl 16 Lonely Nature
-Male Electrike lvl 19 Bashful Nature
-Male Gengar lvl 58 Modest Nature

I am willing to train any requested Pokémon up to level 50.
I am willing to give any requested Pokémon a specified nickname.
I am willing to breed any requested Pokémon with a Ditto, and trade the hatched egg.
Old October 19th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Hatsuharu
☆ princess of despair ☆

Honestly, I don't care about gender, unless it's a Pokemon I want to breed- because then I obviously want a female. I never thought gender even mattered outside of breeding aspects, and really I couldn't care less what gender my Pokemon are.
Old October 19th, 2013, 08:06 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

ingame female is actually better than male because attract is now a good option if you have a moveslot to spare

Old October 19th, 2013, 10:19 PM
CyanideEspeon
Strange Woman

Nature: Quirky
It depends on the Pokémon if I want a male or female, especially when gender are involved. For example, I prefer female Hippowdon. If they don't have gender differences, I prefer the more common gender. If the gender ratio is 50/50 and there are no gender differences, I just go by what the Pokémon looks like to me. For example, I can't help but think Sandshrew and Sandslash look feminine.

Avid user of Pokémon from NPC trades.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links