The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Dratizard
I can't... hold... on...

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krio View Post
May I just ask why the use of normal Pokemon as starters? You should put up a vote for 3 starters, that would make the community a part of the development!
I think he already did that, the results were these three. They also fit the story.

By the way, I saw you liked your own post.
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Link
Rupee Moderator

Just giving you guys a swift heads up, it's unlike me to leave you with some sort of eye candy when I post here, but I think I'll save that for what I'm about to tell you all. This month (some time), I will be announcing a release date, among other things. So I'm going to leave you with a bullet point list for you all to speculate.
  • Release Date
  • Announcing whether the game will be eposodic or final
  • New screenshots (what kind of scenes could they be?)
  • New team members (oooh who might have joined?)
  • A sneak peak into new functionality and systems (seriously going to stop these lame annotations now)
  • A note on beta testing
  • A refined region map
  • "What's in the release?" Notes

So feel free to speculate, and discuss this month's update, it should hopefully be an interesting one!

Remember to follow us at @pkmnPR for some behind the scenes info and fun!
Old October 8th, 2013, 08:16 PM
wdf2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnegation View Post
Just giving you guys a swift heads up, it's unlike me to leave you with some sort of eye candy when I post here, but I think I'll save that for what I'm about to tell you all. This month (some time), I will be announcing a release date, among other things. So I'm going to leave you with a bullet point list for you all to speculate.
  • Release Date
  • Announcing whether the game will be eposodic or final
  • New screenshots (what kind of scenes could they be?)
  • New team members (oooh who might have joined?)
  • A sneak peak into new functionality and systems (seriously going to stop these lame annotations now)
  • A note on beta testing
  • A refined region map
  • "What's in the release?" Notes

So feel free to speculate, and discuss this month's update, it should hopefully be an interesting one!

Remember to follow us at @pkmnPR for some behind the scenes info and fun!

Did i see release date?(looks again) YES I DID!!!! When When When. Can i play it now. pleeeeeease.
Old October 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
salman pd star

Nature: Gentle
when could we download the game?

Old October 9th, 2013, 10:51 AM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by salman pd star View Post
when could we download the game?
Like Abnegation said, he'll be releasing the release date sometime this month, so just be patient.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old October 25th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Link
Rupee Moderator

Today's the day...
Hello everyone! Before I begin, I'd really like to thank you all for your utmost patience and continued support of this game. It really does mean a lot, and it has helped to keep this game alive.

Now, it's been a while since we've had any real updates or progress to show you. That's because most of what we've been doing recently has been work behind the scenes. Chances are that the progress reports from here on won't be as large as the ones previously, and that's primarily because we now want to keep a lot of information hidden, so that you don't end up knowing everything before the game is even released. Having said that, we will of course show off some of the exciting parts of the game to get you all excited for playing it yourselves.

So let's get down to it. Here's what's new:

New Team Members
  • First and foremost, I have been eagerly anticipating being able to announce the Phoenix Rising team's newest members. Firstly, we have RianSky (DeviantART), who will be helping out with gameplay development and level design. He's been a good friend of mine for quite some time now, and has been vastly improving his skills over the years. I'm sure he'll become a great asset to the team.
  • The next new member of the team is Maruno. Maruno is the current leader of the Pokémon Essentials engine, and quite possibly knows the engine better than nearly everyone else I've met. Having him on the team is a massive plus, and I couldn't ask for a better programmer. He's also very good with game mechanics and organisation, which will definitely keep development going at a good solid rate.
Things are certainly looking up!

Refined Region Map

The region map has been slightly expanded and tweaked. I felt that the region needed some more structure, and a little more detail and flavour in certain areas. There are now a few more known areas to explore, as well as some (how many?) unknown areas for you to stumble across in your adventure.

Development Screenshots

Perhaps the first thing you'll notice in the screenshots above is the PokéStrap. It's had a redesign, both visually and in terms of how it works. While you can still see your party with it, the Party Viewer is now just one app in a large range of apps which you can receive throughout your journey! Just three apps are shown in the screenshots above: the Party Viewer, the Quick-Use Items Reminder, and the Step Counter.

Also shown above is the new design for the Bag. Gone is the boring list; say hello to panels! The lists of tomorrow! The Bag boasts a slick and fluid style and increased functionality.

What else can you see in these screenshots?

Release Date!

That's right, we've got one of these now. After several years of casually working on this game, the team and I have come up with a proper development plan and a series of deadlines, which will drive us towards completion. The date we're hoping to release the finished version of the game is...

Saturday 4th October 2014

That sounds like a long time away, but it's only about 11 months. Remember, this isn't the date for a demo's release, it's for the final, complete, full game itself. We only work on this game in our free time, for free, and we think this is a good target to set ourselves. There's just a little longer to wait now before all you patient people can finally get what you've been waiting for.

So that's the final release date. How about a demo? Well, the team and I have decided that it would be best to present Pokémon: Phoenix Rising as a complete game, rather than trickle out bits and pieces that would spoil the enjoyment of playing the full game. This means no demos and no episodic downloads. We want you to have as much fun playing the game as possible, and making you stutter through small parts of it as demos are released would simply not be fun.

That's not to say that, once the game is released, that's it. There are plans to continue supporting the game after release, including patches and new downloadable content, so that you can continue to enjoy the game. The new content will include more quests, adventures, Pokémon, areas to explore, and more. There's so much to look forward to!

What's In The Game?
  • A new region with over 50 locations!
    The Hawthorne region has many areas and landmarks to discover, and plenty of secrets to unlock.
  • Over 250 Pokémon!
    The game is filled with a plethora of familiar faces and favourites. You'll find plenty of varieties of Pokémon throughout the region.
  • A new, deeper story!
    Your journey will take you through an interesting, mythical and, dare we say, magical story. You'll find yourself discovering a lot of depth in this world, and figuring out what it all means, for better or worse.
  • Decision-based gameplay!
    The choices you make can affect the story on a larger scale. Your choice of gender, name and starter Pokémon may not seem important now, but you may well discover otherwise. How might your fighting style affect things? Should you have arrived in a certain area during the day or at night? What if you turn left instead of right?
  • A new handy item: the PokéStrap!
    Your new companion on your wrist is the PokéStrap, which is filled with apps that make your journey just a bit more convenient. It's customizable and easy to use.
  • Keep track of your quests with the Quest System!
    Keeping up with your adventure has never been easier with the new Quest System. This journal takes notes of your main objectives, as well as any side-quests you may undertake.
  • Future DLC!
    Once the game is released, you'll also be able to get further add-ons for the game afterwards. Your adventure doesn't end here!

A Note On Beta Testing

Every week I get at least one person asking me if they can beta test this game. I love that people take interest in this, and it would be nice to give everyone a chance to be a beta tester for the game. That's why I'm going to be giving 3 members the opportunity to be beta testers! The beta testing stage will be starting around the end of July 2014, so there's plenty of time to apply.

How to become a beta tester:
  • Method A) Two people who have posted in this thread will be asked to be beta testers, based on the positive discussion, support and contributions that they bring to this thread and to Phoenix Rising.
  • Method B) One person will be randomly selected out of everyone who likes this post.

I hope that you all enjoyed today's update, and that you continue to support and follow the game. Thank you all for keeping your eye on this thread, and as always, your suggestions, questions and discussion are welcome here!

Last edited by Maruno; October 25th, 2013 at 07:18 AM.
Old October 26th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Rayquaza.
Lead Dev in Pokémon Chaos

Nature: Adamant
Wow. Just knowing makes me exited, even if it is a year from now. Keep up the good work.

Pokémon Chaos
12th January 2014

My Youtube Channel | Pokémon Chaos Thread | My DeviantArt | Mystery Dungeon Starter Kit Discussion Thread
Old October 26th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Krio
Stoked For Pokemon PR!

Nature: Modest
Can't say this enough, I've been checking this thread on a daily basis, and I haven't been this excited for a VERY, VERY long time. Good luck on the project!
Old October 26th, 2013, 09:45 PM
latias190

Nature: Quiet
Wow, finally a release date... For the final version too!
This is even better than releasing it in betas. I can't wait to play this. I'm getting so excited. Even more excited than I have ever been for a Pokemon game. Not even the original games can make me feel this happy.
11 months seems like a long time.
I love the sliding panels for the bag instead of the list. The list is way overused.

Goodluck!
Old October 26th, 2013, 10:35 PM
Team Fail

Nature: Brave
I'm really happy to see a completion date. I've been watching this for a while, and even though I mostly do Rom Hacking, this is a game I'd really like to play. It's absolutely impressive in every regard, and you've thought out everything.

I do have a question though, will it support the ability to map USB controllers so you can play that way? Or will it be keyboard-only unless you use a mapper program like joy2key?

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old October 26th, 2013, 10:40 PM
ChaoTachi

Yooooooooooooooooo. When that is released, I'm doing a let's play on it Can't wait. Or if I get in beta somehow, either way, looks interesting.
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Orianna
♡So strange, they scream.♡

Nature: Timid
You know... I was really excited about Pokémon X/Y.
But, in all honesty, my ecitement for X/Y doesn't top hw excited I am about Phoenix Rising.
I joined Pokécommunity because of your game, Gavin and I'm so excited that there's finally a release date for it. I actually squealed in excitement when I read your post, that's how happy I am about it *-*
I'm totally loving the new Bag design and the new PokéStrap design too. And OH MY GOSH! a shortcut key for Repels? YES PLEASE! *-* I'm going to abuse that feature SO MUCH! especially to avoid annoying Zubats and Tentacools xD lol

Paired With:
Sage Ghetsis

Challenges:
The Time Warp Challenge
The Location Challenge

RP:
Midori Kuramoto in Hoenn Diaries

Old October 29th, 2013, 07:18 PM
arktyz

the fact that this game exists is an inspiration to all
Old October 30th, 2013, 06:16 AM
KingCharizard
C++ Developer Extraordinaire

Nature: Bold
I think I commented before but I want to again, this is one of the most brilliant games i've seen on this site in awhile, it's quality I'd call professional at least from what i can see by the screens and the plot.

Your artists have outdone themselves and the amount of detail in your maps is just amazing. Even the music sounds official. This is one game I may play if its finished. Hope you see this project through to the end.
Old October 31st, 2013, 08:48 AM
DemonicWolf
Evil Cute Thing

Woo release date. Excited for this
Old October 31st, 2013, 07:11 PM
materiaali

I'm speechless.... And i only listened the title theme :D

Awesome work!

EDIT: I just have to say, for me hte pokémon game series died when X&Y came out, but you.. are doing it like pokemon should've been done.. i'm in love

Last edited by materiaali; October 31st, 2013 at 07:25 PM. Reason: didn't want to double-post..
Old November 1st, 2013, 05:29 PM
XEqualsPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by materiaali View Post
I'm speechless.... And i only listened the title theme :D

Awesome work!

EDIT: I just have to say, for me hte pokémon game series died when X&Y came out, but you.. are doing it like pokemon should've been done.. i'm in love
I certainly agree about pokemon X&Y. Also looking forward to Phoenix Rising
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Gizmo-Dude17

I have been waiting for this game since I was in 6th grade, and now I'm in 8th. Honestly, if it wasn't for this game being made, I probably would have never found this forum. the game looks great also! I love the D/P/PT look for the sprites. However, what are your plans for the new pokemon from the Kalos region? (pokemon X and Y) Will you add them? Or, leave them be, Only using the 250?

3DS:
Name: Gizmo
Friend Code: 4124-5024-3222

[WILL NOT USE GAME CHAT]
P:X
Trainer name: Gizmo
Safari Zone Type: Poison
Safari Zone pokemon:

Gloom Ariados Muk

Games:
AC:NL - Colors 3D - P:X - Swapnote

Last edited by Gizmo-Dude17; November 14th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:32 PM
duskwolf

This looks FANTASTIC!!! all i ask is if you will make it so that mac computers can play? If you could that would be super awesome! :D
Old December 4th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Tyroz

Nature: Lax
This looks amazing! I can't wait for its release!

Supporter of:

Pokemon: Voice of the Forest
Old December 9th, 2013, 03:56 AM
Ahri

Awesome. This team and this work. Thank for all.
For this awesome and difficult work.
Old December 9th, 2013, 01:25 PM
DemonicWolf
Evil Cute Thing

I like the fact it's decision based, that's something no pokémon game has done before, the pokéstrap looks useful too. All in all I'm looking forward to this game and all the new features included. Look's like I'll be having fun with this one!!

It would be nice to have a few Kalos pokémon included in-game, just to have a bit of everything would make it more unique. Even if it's only one species for an event for example perhaps you run into some migrating fletchling. It would then make sense as to why only fletchling are in and not any other Kalos pokémon. I hope my idea helps you in the long haul, and like I said I shall look forward to the game's release.

I don't agree that X/Y killed the series by the way, I think it was a big risky step forward in the game, and the plot-line was much less in your face and easier to understand motives than the last. I really enjoyed X/Y, not to say I won't really enjoy this one, (as emerald is still my favourite) As you can tell older looking games are my style
Old December 13th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Evilrake

The maps look brilliantly detailed, and while the tilesets aren't what I'm typically interested in, the tiles are all very complimentary to one another in their own maps and the different maps together show that you've made a really vibrant region. I'm looking forward to release!
Old December 15th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Hiroshi Kaede
Awesome as always...

Nature: Naughty
Wow! this game is so cool
Cant wait to play this. The tiles are great and also the battle backgrounds. Very well, good luck!

楓 弘詩
“ Programs must be written for people
to read, and only incidentally for
machines to execute. ”
Pair | Facebook | Showdown | PHO | Twitter
| The Prediction Game |
Old December 16th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Krio
Stoked For Pokemon PR!

Any update on beta testing?

Sponsored Links