The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner

Notices

Roleplay Corner The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old July 30th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Songbird
Conductor of the POOP TRAIN!

Send a message via Skype™ to Songbird
Interrupted as she was just about to leave for a delicious latte, Florence was visited by yet another two trainers. Why can't people just be on time? she wondered. Regardless, she slapped on her smile once again.

"Dalia," she called, her joyous assistant throwing a smoke bomb down, concealing them both between Seth and Ellie. In a more ominous (and rather manly, like a supervillain) tone she continued, "Seth. Ellie. For arriving late, you must run three laps around the entire island before receiving your Pokémon and PokéDex."

Professor Tularosa gave them a moment for it to sink in, completely serious. Of course, as the smoke faded, there was more than just the Professor and Dalia. Actually, the Professor wasn't there. Dalia was on a pedestal in a racy outfit, shamelessly modeling a carved wooden box in either hand.

With a microphone in hand, the Professor's voice resounded through the speakers found within Dalia's stand. With rather suggestive gestures toward the box by Dalia, it made for quite a show. However, the residents of Fairnorth treated it as a perfectly normal occurrence.

It totally was.

"Welcoooooome," the Professor began, "to the New Trainer Orientation Game Show! The only difference from other game shows is that this isn't a game, but you'll get quite a show from my lovely assistant, Dalia! There are no questions! There are no conditions! It's like a fashion show, but more awesome!"

Dragging Seth and Ellie over to a single side, she continued her orientation. "To your left, you'll see the lovely Dalia showing off a Sinnoh Cheri casing, holding the prim and proper Ellie Watanabe's first Pokémon, five spare Pokéballs, and her PokéDex to record the data of any Pokémon she encounters!

"And to the right, for none other than Seth Arosi, in the delectable Dalia's hand is a set of five shiny new Pokéballs and an accompanying PokéDex, protected in none other than pure Kanto Oran!" The Professor didn't give these two a breather, though, as she continued right away, skipping over to Dalia. She stood in front, facing the pair of newbies.

"For staying awake for the whole game, you two get a special prize! Give them what they've won, Dalia!"

The assistant complied with a smile, handing the boxes off to the trainers as the Professor threw down a second smoke bomb. As it disappeared, so did they.

Extra-large latte with a double shot, here I come.
Old July 30th, 2013, 10:00 AM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nature: Quiet
Nami walked through the exit, into the Reserve. The door slammed behind her, but that was probably just how it was designed rather than any rudeness on the guard’s part. After the noise of the door, the only sounds to be heard were bird and insect sounds, which lent the entire area a natural ambiance. She followed the dirt path, enjoying nature. Torchic was completely silent, but kept plodding behind her, looking sullen. Again, every time she offered to pick him up or return him to his Pokeball he refused, making that “no” expression. “Are you always going to be like this?” she asked.

Torchic gave no indication that said he had heard her. Nami sighed. They continued walking in silence, apart from the noises of the woods. I wonder what sort of Pokemon live in this area? she wondered, glancing around. Hearing a noise from above, she looked up. Sitting on a tree branch above her was a small green bird, which was glancing at her curiously. Aiming her Pokedex at it, she pressed the "Scan" button. "Natu," the Pokedex said. "The Tiny Bird Pokemon. Natu picks food from cactus plants, deftly avoiding buds and spines. It seems to skip about to move."

The little bird hopped down off the branch, onto the ground. It's adorable! I would love to catch it! she thought. But I suppose I have to weaken it first... Hopefully Torchic will listen to me for long enough to actually battle!

The Natu looked curiously at Nami. It was wondering why all these people were in the Reserve today. It's brother had been attacked by a girl with a fish, and had come back to their home soaking wet. Maybe this was one of those mean people! It had to attack to gain revenge on those evil humans!

The Natu's beak glowed white, and it seemed to elongate and sharpen. Then it came charging at her. Nami stumbled back, trying to avoid the little bird, but it wouldn't give up the chase. Nami tripped over a root that was on the road. Falling hard on her back, she saw Torchic standing beside her. It had that fierce light in it's eyes again, and was pulling her clothes, as if trying to get her to stand. She did, painfully, and saw Torchic standing between her and the Natu.

Torchic turned it's head. "Torchic, tor!" Does it want to fight? she wondered. "T-Torchic, use Scratch, I guess..." She hoped he would obey. Torchic immediately perked up. he charged the other bird, raking it with it's claws as it smashed into the Natu. The force of the impact sent both little birds flying (which is ironic because neither bird can actually fly). Nami cheered. Then she noticed the Natu getting up. "Torchic, watch out!" she yelled. Torchic raised his head, just in time to be hit with a Peck attack from the Natu.

Nami gasped as Torchic was sent sprawling. "Torchic, get up!" she yelled. Torchic struggled to his feet. "Come on! Do that Scratch attack again!" she commanded. Torchic looked at her, then nodded. It charged the Natu again, talon outstretched. But the Pokemon was ready this time, hopping backwards to avoid the attack. "Keep going Torchic!" Nami encouraged.

Torchic continued the attack, though Natu was consistently dodging each one. However, Nami noticed that with each attack the Natu dodged, the faster Torchic's attacks became. Looking at Torchic's ID in her Pokedex, she saw that it had the ability Speed Boost. So that's why it's so fast now, she thought. After a few more exchange's, Torchic's attack hit. Because of it's extreme speed the force behind the blow was very high.

The Natu was smashed across the path, where it hit a tree. Seeing the Natu was momentarily stunned, Nami reached into her pack and got one of her Pokeballs. Throwing it at the Natu, she watched as the ball hit it. It opened, and the Natu was sucked inside. Then she waited, seeing if the Natu had been caught.
Old July 30th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Peachi3xx

Nature: Modest
Eleanor

With all the furry of movement, smoke, and lights, Ellie's eyes twirled dizzily. When she tried to protest, not a word escaped her lips- speechless to the events. When it was all over, the deafening silence was interrupted only by the sound of cicadas. Ellie wasn't sure whether she should be clapping or running cabbing the laps that the Professor had demanded.

With barely a side glance at the other trainer, she gathered herself up and opened up the package. Six tiny pokéballs sit messily in the tussled box. She spied the pokédex and immediately placed in her pocket. It fit smugly; she had pre-arranged all her outfits to be tailored to the specific measurements of a pokédex.

The pokéballs, she gently tossed into her purse. Except for the one with an engraved fire-emblem. She held it tentatively in her hand and after a deep breath, she pressed the tiny button. A white light enveloped her immediate area and ponyta appeared into her vision with a flick of her mane.

Ellie cleared her voice with a small, "Ah-hem."

Ponyta pranceed forward with her head held up proudly. Her hooves making a satisfying "clop clop clop" sound.

"Er-" Ellie's voice took speed as she spoke. "Hello I am Ellie. Your new owner. Um, I need you to protect me and I'll er, give you commands so you get stronger-" Suddenly, to Ellie's surprise, her practiced speech was interrupted by the tingling of flames under her fingertips. Ponyta had nuzzled her face into Ellie's hand.

Ellie, taken back by the touch, pulled away for a second. Only for a second though as it had occurred to her that touching Ponyta's flames was probably a natural hand sanitizer; it'll burn away all the bacteria! With that realization her hands proceeded to run along Ponyta's body without discrimination as she had done with her estate's ponytas. Ponyta responds with a soft neigh, bathing in the pleasure of the attention.

The sun casted a light red glow as it sunk down over the horizon. "So I guess we'd better leave. Next stop is to find a sporting equipment store- we'll need a saddle, harnesses, a pokémart- we'll get started on riding training first. Return, Po!"

Po.

Last edited by Peachi3xx; July 30th, 2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Chalifoux
VOOOOOODKA!
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Nami

ZOMG! Pokaywomanz! was everything this aspiring gossip-overlord Natu thought off when he saw Nami. But, another one? Didn't a girl just kick his bro's butt, like, a second ago? Then that means... she's mean. A villain, even... Z. O. M. G. There's a terrorist in the Reserve! Die, hellspawn!

With all of its might, the green bird rammed and tried to crush, kill and possibly destroy the girl's chick of wonders while discovering the meaning of becoming one with the universe. After a battle that can only be described as being "Natu-Nat", this bird found itself prey of this merciless creature, being locked in one of her magical containment devices.

Once. He shall not lose! Not like this!

Twice. Pressure; worry; is this the end? No! NO NO NO NO! He must fight to the end!

Thrice. The war was lost. Click!

Natu was caught!

Lv.3
[EARLY BIRD]
Peck | Leer | Calm Mind

((OOC: This Reserve is filled with paranoid Pokémon who think everyone's a terrorist o.O))
Old July 30th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Imoen
~
Imoen's trip through the deep of the woods was far quicker than that through the entrance, thanks to her sharp awareness of the fact that Ni did not like bugs or grass, and flailing around an unconscious fish is somehow less effective than one that can actively steel its strong points to inflict massive damage. She was unable to actually hide her PokeBalls any more than they already had been, of course, so she just ran through the deep forest with her eyes closed, her ears blocked, and her arms clutched to her chest so she didn't grab anything. Her blind sprinting sent many an innocent Caterpie and Weedle flying through the air beneath her kicking feet, but after a wild adventure of bumping into trees, falling over, and a meeting with Sir-Not-Appearing-In-This-Roleplay, she found her way into the mountain.

Literally, by slamming into it at max speed. Imoen tumbles backwards and stared up at the sky just as vacantly as she had before, her mouth slightly agape, but this time, she resumed her travel quickly and with a hop to her feet that made her head feel slightly dizzy. A few nicks on her slightly worn jeans and a few pieces of punted fruit, or she hoped it was fruit, but otherwise no noticeable damage to her person, and now all she had was a large rocky hill right in the middle of the woods for her to get past somehow. She hadn't taken a good look around when she first entered, so her natural reaction was to begin climbing its surface, as she's long lost track of the actual road in her mad dash.

But the mountain was far too daunting for the plain girl, and scaling one with no equipment seemed like far too an exciting thing for one such as her to achieve, and, if she were to fail, it would probably result in a lot of pain. Musing to herself with crossed legs, the young woman pulled out Ni's Pokeball and played with the fish Pokemon through various games of patty-cake and almost losing a match of Naughts and Crosses to Ni that they drew in the sand, until she finally came up with something that would be a far less dangerous way of getting to the top of the mountain and continuing her journey to wherever this rEsERvE ended and getting some room service!

After tugging free some dead vines from a nearby tree, Imoen lied flat on her stomach and placed Ni on her back, before proceeding to tie the Magikarp to herself using the torn vine, with the still-calm Ni's moist tail flapping greetings at the blue sky above. Imoen crouched low against the ground to provide Ni a closer surface against which she could use her hydro pump, then gave the command by tugging on one of the straps holding said fish and squeezing its tough form tightly enough to unleash its third burst of cool water that day, giving the local insect population a few pools to play in.

~

Ranger Holly was taking a break against a nearby rock, having healed a few of the animals that had gotten lost and battling a few others that had taken care to challenge her, and was quite enjoying the sun that rested high in the sky, as she leaned back against the highest point of the Reserve's mountain with her head resting on her pack, her feet put up, and a chewing stick hanging from her lips. Not to mention the beautiful sounds of nature that surrounded her, the land providing its own serene orchestra to bless her ears with the sweet, warm honey of life and living it in the glory of mother nature. Times like these were the kind of thing she lived for.

There was the sound of rushing water approaching, though, which made the beautiful bombshell peak out from beneath the shade of her hat just in time to get covered in a massive wave of water that soaked her from head to toe. She didn't have time to react to getting soaked before a falling trainer fell face-first into a set of her packs, flaming red hair sticking wetly to her face and a Magikarp strapped to her back. It took the girl a few moments to properly process the scene before her, though no sign of it showed on her face, as she continued to chew on her chewing stick and watched the strange trainer past the dripping brim of her hat.

"Rough day?"
Old July 30th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Sara Lain
Sara grabbed the pokeball and pokedex with her designated name on it. Unfortunately she was unsure how to use either, and settled with putting both devices in her bag. She payed attention eagerly, ready to go as soon as possible. As soon as she listened to everything, she immediately ran off into the city, not wanting to delay her adventure any further. Though she proceeded to get increasingly lost as time went on, and before an hour had passed she was frustrated. "Hey Sara!" She heard a familiar voice yell, "You look lost." Cinder had the same smile as before, and was drinking a hot coffee.

"I'm not lost!" She retorted, "I just took the wrong street is all."

"Well why don't you go north, out of this city, and maybe you'll get to where you need to go." He informed happily.

"I don't need directions." Sara replied curtly.

"I'll meet you at the boat, I'll wait till tomorrow afternoon before leaving." He waved and went back to shore without waiting for a word from Sara. Though he suddenly stopped and ran back, "I meant to leave mysteriously, but I think you might need this." He pulled the pack off his back and gave it to her. "Yours seemed to be very old and torn." With that he waved again. This time, Sara didn't even bother to say anything.

Sara looked north, and began walking until she was out of town. She saw the gates, and smiled faintly. It didn't cross her mind that Cinder knew where she was going.

She showed her card to the guard, who let her in. She carried both bags, and figured she should transfer contents. The newer bag had a few contents to her surprise. It had a note book, a swim suit, and a prepaid cellphone. Sara was confused by the items, and wondered why Cinder had given her anything at all. She opened the notebook and saw that it was filled with drawings and words.

The first few pages explained how to use a pokeball and pokedex. Quickly Sara pulled out both, standing to the side, out of the way of other trainers. "To release a pokemon, push the button on the front." There was a sketch depicting a beam coming out of the button, with an arrow showing where the beam was going. There was a not that said, "Do not point at self."

She looked at the ball and pointed it away from herself. Then she pushed the button. A red beam surprised her, and made her jump back in defense. In front of her stood a small feline pokemon. She read the journal, which explained to use the pokedex, though the instructions were too wordy and seemed overly complicated. Instead she reached out to pet the pokemon, "You're soo cute." She cooed, "I bet that makes you strong too." She pet the small pokemon, completely oblivious to her surroundings.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:08 AM
Dansparce
is rly good

Send a message via Skype™ to Dansparce
“Feebas, what was that all about?” Mia half-heartedly asked, sighing not shortly afterwards. She thought the battle was going so well and she could’ve already captured another Pokémon. Instead she lousily won her first battle by forfeit. Mia attempted to think of any reasons he’d have for blocking the Pokéball, but eventually came to the conclusion that there wasn’t one. However, Feebas did have a motive behind his actions. The girl was going to replace him with a lousy Rattata and he just wouldn’t flop for that. “Hmm... I think we need to do some serious bonding before we even think about battling anything again.”

Weak arms once again found themselves lugging around a giant fish, although with a different approach. Mia thought that holding him upright and against her chest would be faster and easier. She was half right. It allowed her to walk at a normal pace, but her muscles strained under the Pokémon’s weight. “Maybe giving you... a nickname will make the bonding process speed up. How about... Christophe?” Mia looked down at the fish, trying to judge whether he liked the name or not. It was quite obvious that he hated the name, having a scowl pointed directly at her.

“No... You’re right; Christophe is a stupid name... What about Walter? Mark?” She continued asking the fish over and over for about ten minutes, going over every name she could possibly think of from A-9, until she found one that Feebas was at the very least okay with. “Know what, I think you look like a... A Vincent. Yep, that’s your new name buddy. I can already feel the gap in our friendship becoming smaller.” Mia enthusiastically and triumphantly shouted. Vincent rolled his eyes, but decided that he could have been called worse.

She continued to stroll along the path, passing another group of Rattata (for a nearly extinct Pokémon, they sure are abundant here) as well as a girl with short, light-brown hair who had just caught something. Mia wanted to say something, but she was scared that the girl may force her into a battle (which she’d inevitably lose). As she walked through the forest it started to gradually get darker, making it hard for her to see just about everything.

NATURIA RESERVOIR DEEP WOODS

The once pleasant smell of the forest was turned into something else completely. Rotten, putrid scents invaded her nostrils, causing her to block them. Mia carefully placed Vincent onto the ground, before pulling out his Pokéball. She was rather envious of him having a portable smell-proof room all to himself, but she wasn’t going to force him to inhale the 'toxic' air. So she returned him into his Pokéball, quickly putting it back into her pocket afterwards. The smells mixed with the darkness made this a pretty bad experience for Mia as she tried to fumble her way through.

Unfortunately, after about five minutes of stumbling through the dark, Mia found something... with her face. She had tripped on a tree’s root, sending her face-first into a large, disgusting, gooey plant of some-kind. But that wasn’t the worst of it. The impact caused multiple spores to bounce off of the plant’s leaves/petals/whatever the hell it had, which enshrouded her face and upper body. Mia immediately pushed herself up and away from the plant, but the spores mush have had some kind of chemical in them, because not shortly after getting away from the plant, she fell to the ground, completely knocked out.
Old July 31st, 2013, 06:54 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Imoen
~
A question came to Imoen's throbbing hands, and the ending of the words was ROUGH DAY. Although she didn't quite know how to answer yet, Imoen tugged off the vines that held Ni to her spine and allowed the fish to flop onto the nearby rock, made wet by her hydro pump. The young trainer got to her feet and used a nearby rock to stretch out her spine, until her gaze could settle on the ranger that had greeted her, who laid back on a larger rock, against the horizon, looking as though the water hadn't disturbed her even slightly. Imoen ran a hand through her once-again wet hair and gave the woman a little wave, cautiously drawing her PokeDex and pointing it at her, in case she was some kind of illusion Pokemon. She hadn't studied well before leaving home.

Spoiler:

Ranger Hottie, the Hot PokeWoman.

Believed to be a subscpecies of the more common Hottie, this PokeWoman is believed to possess a more muscular form, from many hours spent climbing mountainsides, surviving in the wildest forests, and bathing in the sunlight from all their hard work. And look at that hair! Wouldn't you just love to run your hands through her hair? I would, and I'm just a PokeDex!

Tips!

Try asking her what her breeding group is; she'll think you're suave and witty.

Tell her that you've got all the hydrati-

Imoen flipped the PokeDex closed and quickly put it away, as the Ranger finally took notice of her vacant staring and decided to do something about it. Slipping her legs off of the edge of her rock-hammock, the Ranger looked over at the clearly not-too-bright trainer and flashed her a grin. "Judging by that look on your face, you're a lost sod." She said, no small amount of amusement flashing across her eyes as she reached into a pack and tossed a fluffy white towel to Imoen, before crouching down besides the napping Ni. "It's a shame you had to interrupt my kip, but I suppose I have to deal with you spivs sometimes, eh?"

Unfortunately, Imoen's situation was not helped at all by the curious language that her new friend used, as she wiped off the worst of the water with the towel and gratefully took Ni back into her hands, offered kindly back to her by the stranger. Still, she'd met a few people with curious slang before, most of them not Hoes, and attempted to take it in stride. "Um, yeah. I was running through the forest, and I had to close my eyes so I wouldn't have to fight any bugs or grass types...which actually made a lot more sense at the time." She admitted with a soft blush tinting her cheeks. "Ni is kind of...weak to those things. And I'm sorry, about the water and everything. I just wanted to get up here quickly. And I'm Imoen!"

The explanation uttered by the redheaded trainer brought a smirk to the Ranger's lips, as she rolled her chewing stick around in her mouth and nodded at the explanation. "I'm Holly Ottie, and I think I'm twiggin' to you, cutter. Not many would choose that way of getting around, but what say you to a more traditional way of movin' about the cage?" She gestured towards her pile of climbing gear, which sat near some curious sounds she hadn't heard before. Her hand darting to her Pokeballs, she yelled out at the intruders. "What're you trying to do, peel me? Get away from my stuff, else I'll nick you!"

Little did Holly know that she was interrupting the romantic rendezvous of Senior Rodrigo el Juarez, Officer and Larvitar of the Hoes Inquisition, and his meek foreign lover, Meloira Baguette nee Frogeeleg. "My love, zey have discovered us!" Rodrigo whispered in a hushed town, holding the downy white and blue fur of his Cubchoo lover against his shoulder as he heard the aggressive yells of the sleeping giant beyond. "You must flee; I will fight to keep zem distracted and zey will never spread rumors of our forbidden love. I do zis for you, and for us, my beloved Meloira." Rodrigo left a regretful stony kiss on Meloira's forehead, but, as he turned to leave, she grasped his paw in hers, and met his eyes with steeled black eyes. He returned a btitersweet smile. "Come, zen. We shall face zem togezer."

Last edited by Lilizuki; July 31st, 2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old July 31st, 2013, 07:05 AM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nami watched as the Pokeball shook once, twice, three times. There was a pregnant pause. Then, finally, she heard a click and a ding. Yes, I did it! she thought. Running over to the ball, she picked it up. Minimizing the ball, she placed it onto her belt. The belt had spots like magnets that allowed Pokeballs to be attached to it. I'd better not use it until I can heal it at a Pokemon Center, she reasoned. Until then it was proably best to keep it inside it's ball.

Kneeling down to Torchic's level, she gave it a big smile. "We did it Torchic!" she exclaimed. Torchic puffed itself up, giving her an expression that was smug, almost saying, "Of course we did silly girl. Did you expect anything different?" She laughed.

She was about to stand back up when she saw a girl pass her, following the same path she had been following before the battle. She had wavy, light-brown hair, and glanced momentarily at Nami before walking on, saying nothing. She was... carrying the ugliest fish Nami had ever seen. Why in the world is she carrying a fish? she wondered. Doesn't it have a hard time breathing? Deciding to follow the girl and ask her, she set off down the dirt path.

The trees were getting thicker and thicker with every step she took down the path. Then she noticed the smell. It was putrid. Torchic didn't even seem to notice the smell. "Do you even have a sense of smell?" she asked him, holding her sleeve over her face. Torchic looked at her, then shook his head. Birds couldn't smell very well. Most of them anyway. Nami sighed. "Well aren't you just sooo lucky?"

They continued walking. The dirt trail seemed less maintained here. There were leaves all over the path, and plants had spread their tendrils everywhere. I hope this forest doesn't continue for much longer, she thought. It's awful. Glancing down the road, she saw someone lying on the path, face down in some kind of plant. Running up to the person, she saw that it was that girl she had seen earlier on.

"Hello?" she said, wondering if she could even hear Nami. "Are you alright?" When she didn't respond, Nami gasped. She knelt, and started rocking the girl. "Hey, wake up!"

Nothing happened. Torchic, being the practical bird that he was, knew a surefire way to wake her. Standing next to her, he readied his attack. His foot glowed white, and then he kicked the sleeping girl as hard as he could, knowing that noone could sleep through one of his attacks.
Old July 31st, 2013, 07:30 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Imoen
~
A gasp escaped Holly's lips as the two powerful Pokemon leaped out from behind the rocks with fire in their eyes and the determination to defeat any who would stand against them. She scrambled for her Pokeball as the rocky cannonball launched itself at her face, maw open horribly wide to reveal the sharp teeth that would soon be chomping on her face-meats! The Ranger was prepared to take the pain, just before a flash of orange crossed her eyes, and she spotted the Larvitar's mouth instead sink into the tender flesh of Imoen's shoulder, just before its center of mass was smashed into by a Magikarp, and it was sent hurling across the mountaintop with a brief cry of pain, before it collided with the bed-rock and stumbled back to its feet. Shamed, but still determined.

"You're sodding barmy!" Holly yelled at Imoen, as the trainer took back a few defensive steps with her eyes locked on the Larvitar and her arms brought back to take another swing at the bruised lizard-thing. Still, she was very thankful for the savior of her face, and she took the opportunity granted by the interruption to draw forth her Pokeball and unleash from it a particularly vibrant burst of red light. From it emerged a little red fox, whose very tails seemed to ooze fire that flicked at the air around them, painting it with heat that made Magikarp wriggle uncomfortably and the worrisome Cubchoo look away from her harmed companion.

The Vulpix's adorable little eyes locked onto the bear with a fiery rage that almost matched the fury pumping through Imoen's veins. Her head tossed backwards, stealing heat from the air, before flicking back towards the Cubchoo, who's eyes tripled in size as she was bathed in flickering flames that scorched her skin and made her whimper. But, as she rolled backwards, she shared a look with the Larvitar that spoke of more things than any words could, and rolled back to her feet with renewed determination, as she leaned forward to all fours and brought forth a flurry of powdered snow that had been lining her fur, some of it melting before it could reach Imoen, but nevertheless shooting through the air and freezing the skin of both trainer and fish alike in its frosty grasp.

Imoen stumbled backwards with the force of the cold, which traveled along the water already covering her, most of which had yet to evaporate to the heat of Vulpix's presence, and forced her to retreat towards a large, warm rock to rest her back against, which reminded her of precisely how she'd won her last battle, and how she'd reached the top of the mountain in the first place. Before she could heft Ni over her shoulder, the Larvitar was charging at her again, and she was forced to jab Ni forward to serve as a shield. The bite was luckily brief, the Larvitar's teeth only scratching Ni's scales before it was forced to release by the sudden momentum of Imoen dragging back Magikarp to rest over her shoulder.

Like the ground before it, Larvitar had no chance to respond to the blast of water that erupted from the Magikarp's mouth, besides to let out a brief curse before it was shot across the horizon in an arc of beautiful water that glimmered in the sun of midday. It stood no chance against something bringing forth the wrath of water, and the nearby Cubchoo accepted the fact just as readily, although with great sorrow, as she was left alone on the mountaintop, facing one weakened opponent, and one untouched. Her eyes locked shakily with Vulpix's, prepared to keep fighting, but a mighty roar erupted from the fox's throat that sent fear back through her bones. The Cubchoo fleed along the watery trail left by her lover's flight.

And, with that, the battle was over. Holly's smile slipped away as she watched Imoen's battle-frenzy slip away and Ni, frozen solid by the powdered snow, slip back into her Pokeball. The young trainer clutched her shoulder with weak fingers and whimpered, her shaky gaze looking up to meet the Ranger's for just one moment before she collapsed.
Old July 31st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Fuyu
Raising Heart, set up!

Nature: Gentle
"WAAHHHOOOO~~"

Having broke the sound barrier, Noel held her breath as she was dragged gleefully under the water by the Milotic. The snake dragon swam under as Noel clung, laughing excitedly as they burst back up. Noel stroked Kepi's scales, still giggling loudly and without much breath. "Kepi, we're almost there!" Kepi only crooned, taking great care to swipe Noel's wet hairs out of her eyes. "I'm already soaked, Kepi! Wait 'till we get there."

Kepi trilled. "Your father was just as messy," she seemed to sigh and Noel only giggled, stroking her scales.

"Let's go, go go! We're late!" Kepi let out a sigh and let out a cheering cry as she swam past a boat. Noel waved excitedly up at the sailors. "Hi everybody!" she shouted. "Don't mind me! Just going to that island!"

"Wouldn't it be easier to hop on here?" A sailor asked as she was pulled under again.

Noel thought about it as she rose over them on the Milotic's head. She rubbed her chin with a thoughtful grin and then nodded. "Yeah, of course that would be the easy way," she agreed. "But easy isn't always fun!" Milotic tore off again and she screamed, giggling insanely. "See you later!"

The man sighed. "Well that kid was... strange."

"Ooh... I am soaked!"

This did not bother Noel in the least. She just felt like it was important to announce the obvious to the world. Because what if they did not observe it? Blasphemy. Or simply poor observational skills. Either was dangerous, especially to a religious man like her grandpa.

She waved at Kepi, gesturing to the Pokeball she carried. She had to send her Papa's Pokemon back to him. It would be rather rude to travel around with this super strong Milotic and Flygon as a new trainer after all. Not that they wouldn't listen to her, but... well that was exactly why she couldn't keep them with her, wasn't it? Kepi gave her a croon of dismay and then went inside the ball. It landed harmlessly on the ground while she squeezed excess water from her shirt. Picking her up, Noelani sighed softly.

"This is gonna be awesome," she told herself. Because it was, no doubt about it. She just wished she had picked up on it at ten, like she meant to. Oh well, things had happened. "Watch out Papa," she told no one in particular. "I'll be as awesome as you are... without all that silly stuff." Withdrawal was rather gross, apparently. She didn't remember his process all that well.

With a delighted grin, she started walking, headed towards what might be a Pokemon Center. The drop off was done with little fanfare (barring her father sticking his tongue out at her like a little kid, but her dad was a squishy kid when he wasn't beating people over the head for dropping ancient tablets and being all ERRMYGAWD over the many wonders that were Unown writing swear words in the middle of ruins) and she was soon running out the door and nearly getting herself lost.

"YAY, adventures~"

Yes you would say that, wouldn't you Christmas girl?

What, the Pokemon world doesn't have Christmas? For shame.

"Run, run, run~" She really needed to quit this habit of singing nonsensical songs. they weren't going to be hits. Running down the street, streaking past slow people and other people with Pokemon, oi, she really was late, Noel ran further and further, avoiding a very rude Farfetch'd.

"Oh~"

What was this exclamation about?

Why, she had caught sight of the fountain! The Rayquaza fountain~ Noel loved legends as much as she loved Krabby cakes, which, in thinking about it, was mildly disturbing. But anyway, she could not stop herself from admiring it a moment, before noticing the random two ladies in the square. Pulling her messy hair back to drip all over her back instead of her face, she went over to them. Was that coffee she smelled? Maybe~

"Hi!" Her chirp was mildly comparable to a Pidgey's. "I'm Noelani! You... called for someone like me here, right? Ooh... COFFEE."

Not that she needed it, but it was the spirit of the thing.

Old July 31st, 2013, 11:10 AM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Imoen
~
Imoen's return to consciousness didn't make her look much different from when she was unconscious, but it did leave her with a stinging shoulder and slightly dryer, thanks to being laid out on Holly's rock-hammock. She blinked a few times, struggling to remember what happened in her berserking, as usual, until her eyes came to rest on the Ranger, who seemed to have just finished hammering a piton into the edge of the mountain. The trainer briefly ran her fingers over her Pokeball, checking that Ni was okay, and found that the Magikarp had been healed up and removed from her frozen condition. A bandage had been wrapped around Imoen's shoulder, and her earphones packed away.

"Let me lann you," Ranger Holly said, having noticed the rising Imoen from the corner of her eyes and rubbing her own hands together, as she rose to her feet. "Despite my kip, I've got a ride today, so I can't stand around wigwagging all day, despite how bally you are." She grinned, as she dug through her own pack and pulled out a harness fit for one. "You were nicked good, and I did what I could, but you're a tough cutter, so you should be fine. Couldn't do something for your PokeDex; you'll need a computer blood for that. So let's get you down the cage and you'll soon be singing in bedlam."

Imoen tried to think of some response to the Ranger, but all she couid think of was nodding as she approached the harness and was strapped into it with all manner of curious bonds, although it was much more comfortable than the vines she'd used for her Magikarpack. The height from which she'd fall if it was loose was somewhat disconcerting, and she had to constantly make sure she was safe on the rope as she descended the mountainside. The trainer was kept safe, however, by Ranger Holly climbing alongside her, without equipment, and giving her a few encouraging words that she couldn't quite understand, although she was certain they'd be comforting, if she could.

"Thank you, Holly." Imoen managed to say, being cut off before she could say a few more apologies, but she left the Ranger to her duties with a smile on her lips, as she was given the Ranger's contact information should she ever get into a jam like that again. Well, she'd made a friend, so that was a good aspect of the surprise trip, and, following the battle on the mountain, she was treated with a lovely walk alongside the lake that dominated the Reserve, for which she released Ni from her Pokeball to let her go for a quick swim. They largely managed to avoid any of the Pokemon that were lurking in the waters, and made good time, until they came to the beach.

It was as Imoen was retrieving Ni from the water, that her eyes locked with those of a Stunfisk relaxing on the damp sand by the water, half-sand and half-mud, flicking its little tail to and fro. For the fourth time that day, there was no Imoen.

Time for her to capture another weapon.
Old August 1st, 2013, 09:56 AM
Dansparce
is rly good

Mia found herself standing in absolute nothingness. There were no walls to keep her confined, no windows to shine sunlight through, nothing but her. Where was she? How’d she get here? The questions rattled around in her mind, but she feared she’d never be able to find out the answers to them. A shadowy figure poofed its way into existence, with dark wisps coming off of its body. It looked masculine, but no facial features or structures were visible at all. The figure turned away from her, walking slowly into the distance.

Mia tried calling out to it, but no sound came out of her lips. It very briefly shocked her, but now wasn’t the time for wondering why her voice was gone. Mia had to decide whether or not she followed the shadow, before he disappeared or something else happened. There was nothing else she could’ve done, so Mia decided to chase after it. The shadow came to a complete stop, apparently waiting for her to catch up. But as she ran, the entire area around her started changing with her every step. The nothingness was replaced by paper-white trees and fences. The blank ground suddenly felt livelier, with ever-growing white grass rising up to her shins. The closer she got the more detailed the world became, but that wasn’t the only thing that changed with her movements.

Mia’s body became more compact with each passing footstep, with her limbs and head following suit. Clouds formed over her head as she ran on, nearly there now. But the figure faded away before she could reach it. This caused colour to shoot into the world, brightening up the once dreary place. She looked at her new environment and felt a bit of Déjà Vu. Mia knew this place, but she just couldn’t put a finger on where she now was. However, her strange nostalgia was interrupted by a very familiar rustling. She turned her dainty little head to see her greatest fear on a larger scale.

A 20ft tall Bellsprout towered over Mia, quickly swinging a vine whip at her. She silently screamed as fear took over her body, barely allowing her to avoid the giant. Angered that its target wasn’t crushed, the Bellsprout started to shoot Bullet Seeds at Mia, each one being about twice her current size. They fell all around her, boxing her into a large circle. Sproutzilla lowered its head above the ring, getting lower and lower until... It vanished completely. Her environment changed once more, but it was too dark to actually tell where she was.

But, standing over her was a pair of shadowy figures who were locked in combat. Their fighting was fierce, with what appeared to be blood falling out of the both of them. However, something else caught Mia’s attention. A soft voice in the back of her head called out to her, “Hello? Are you alright?” The voice worried. A couple of seconds after she heard the voice, the ground started to violently vibrate. "Hey, wake up!" The voice commanded, much louder this time.

A very hard kick from a very small bird was the thing that woke Mia, causing her to be very confused with her surroundings. After briefly wincing in pain, she pushed herself up to see the concerned face of the girl she saw much earlier. She then wiped whatever sludge she had on her face onto the ground, before finally speaking. “Oh... Hello?”
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:31 PM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed

Mikoto Kawasaki and Jeff Miles' Supah double battles Supah show!

Through clenched teeth, Mikoto let out a sound that fell somewhere between utmost excitement and the release of a heavy tension. He fell toward the water and fished the floating PokeBall out and into his hand. Thrusting it into the air he excitedly yelped, "I caught a Larvitar!" He then turned his attention to the dusty-haired guy in front of him that he swears he didn't notice moments before despite his pleading and yelling to... not capture Larvitar, he thinks is what the boy said. As the boy turned his head upward, Mikoto recognized him as Jeff Miles and was suddenly taken aback by his beautiful sharp green eyes. Mikoto stared into them a moment too long and jumped back to reality, almost dropping the PokeBall onto the Eevee's head. He latched it onto a holster at his hip, scratch his head and turned away.

"So, uh..." Mikoto started nervously, "About that Larvitar..."
Jeff's mouth gaped open as the pokeball stopped shaking and Mikoto -seemingly- ignored him to pick it up. "All that work...for nothing..." His trance of disappointment was ended when Mikoto stared at him for a moment and fear for the pokemon returned. "That Larvitar's hurt, you gotta get it to a pokemon center Mikoto or it might..." The thought moistened his eyes a bit before he blinked it away, he was about to ask the other boy if he remembered which way was out when he felt something pinch his ankle. "Ow! What the hell!" He turned around and saw two Rattata that he swore were wearing a red hat and a green hat until he rubbed his eyes.

Realizing the reserve had decided to try even harder to ruin his day a steely look crept into his eyes and in his own imagination a fire flared from his head momentarily. Jay pointed at the Rattata while Romanov took two steps towards them. "I've had it with this place, I thought it was some beautiful place where I'd catch a new rare pokemon but no...my name is Jeff Miles and I can take whatever you throw at me you stupid reserve!" For the moment he wasn't thinking about Mikoto and was prepared to battle both Rattata alone.

Very badly did Mikoto ache to console the young fellow in his presence in a feeble attempt to perhaps get to know him, but the boy's disappointment in having his capture stolen from him quickly melted into what seemed like an inherited heated passion for battling. Mikoto noticed Jeff's partner Pokemon standing just in front of him all of a sudden. He could whip out his PokeDex again but considering the trouble it required to retrieve it amongst his bagged supplies, he decided against it. Instead, he called upon his Eevee, however, the Pokemon seemed to distract with something poking out from beneath the surface of the lake water. "Eevee, get over here!" The Eevee still hesitated to come, ignoring Mikoto completely. "Eevee! Eevee! God dammit, KIRARA!" Mikoto shouted the ambiguous name loud enough to silence the chattering Rattata and disturb birds nesting in the nearby tree. The Eevee perked up immediately and hurried to Mikoto's side. He stared oddly at the Eevee, but was satisfied with the apparent nickname he had just tagged the Pokemon with. "Kirara..."

After mulling over the name for a moment, Mikoto stepped up to Jeff's flank and tried to mimic his agog disposition, though he ended up just making himself stand in an awkward stance with his legs spread at an inane angle. Instead of making himself look a fool in front of this boy, he stood straight and called for Kirara to fall in line with Munchlax. The Super Rattata Bros. looked on toward the Pokemon, smirks rising on their faces. These Pokemon look like they're about to have a hey day with us... how embarrassing. Mikoto stole another longing glance at Jeff and attempted to ape his solid, unbroken expression, but again found himself looking a fool pulling an odd collection of grimaces and sour face twists.

"Alright, Kirara - ready?"

Jeff stared at the Rattata Bros. waiting for them to make a move, if he was gonna battle both of them at once he'd have to open with counter to stand a chance. His look of grim determination melted into one of surprise when Mikoto shouted angrily at something. Jay couldn't help smiling a bit at Eevee ignoring him until the nickname was thrown at it, and it caught it proudly before assuming a battle position next to Romanov. The Munchlax smiled and waved happily at his fellow pokemon before stuffing the sitrus berry back in his fur for safe keeping.

Jeff noticed Mikoto had been observing him again when he prepared to battle the Rattata. "Sorry about that, I haven't really been having that great a time since I got here, got a little sick of all the 'unfortunate events' plaguing me. Kirara huh? Nice name, looks like we got ourselves a double battle, when Romanov gives the opening go in for an easy hit." Jeff scrutinized the Rattata Bros. for another few moments before deciding on an action, if they seemed a little goofy, they might not be right in the head. "Oh no, is that the Ratstool Princess, Princess Pecha being held hostage over there by the evil fire breathing Shuckle king?" The Rattata turned and jumped in place, ready to save there true love from any evil that may-and there's nothing there. Suddenly pudgy oaf appears! The shorter and rounder Rattata bro was blindsided when Romanov picked it up, stared at it vacantly for a moment, and licked it's face. Ugh yuck...it's like fighting Venom...oh wait that's cousin Arachnatta. Was all that could make it through the haze of shock at being licked in the face in the poor Rattata's mind.

As Romanov was teasing one Rattata by stringing it up by its tale and playfully licking it, the other was trying to bat at Romanov with its tail and nipping at Munchlax's partially concealed feet. Mikoto sighed and rolled his eyes. "Not all that much of a fight, now is it? Kirara, rush that ugly thing with Tackle!" The fox Pokemon darted forward, skirting its tail just before Romanov and knocking the Rattata away, then scooted along to proceed with its attack. Kirara's head slammed into the soft gut of the miniature rat and it was sent flying a few feet. The rat seemed surprisingly resilient, as it stood back up after such a strong hit. Uh-oh...

The rat came zooming back across the rocky ground, its body seeming to multiply as it moved in zigzag formations, stirring up dust and debris. The rat followed through with a sharp Quick Attack to Kirara, sending it rolling into Romanov. The two Pokemon ended in a heap, the first Rattata having been lobbed into the air like a rag doll. After returning to the ground, the two rats came together once again and chatted quietly about their next plan of action, as this was only a temporary ceasefire and soon enough, they would have to go on the offensive yet again! These two Normal-type oppositions seemed to be a little much for their ratty dispositions to handle...

The Rattata dangled helplessly in the air, too much blood had rushed to its head for it to fight back any longer. "Wow...for suck a weak move lick sure is effective when you get the drop on your opponent..." The seemingly 'sure-thing' ended abruptly when Kirara crashed into Romanov and sent the elder rat sailing over to its brother, luckily Romanov and Kirara's softness stopped either of them from being hurt too much. As their pokemon regained their footing Jeff couldn't help studying the Rattata Bros. chittering away at each other as if forming a battle plan. He looked over to Mikoto and shurgged. "Wow, they sure are a couple of goof balls for an endangered species aren't they? Hmm...that gives me an idea, what better way to deal with a random opponent than a touch of unpredictability.

Romanov nodded and began to happily wag the index finger on each of it's hands in a rhythmic motion, matching it's movements with happy little sounds. After about 20 seconds of the strange little dance the Munchlax stopped and hunched over as if it had indigestion. Jay was about to ask what was wrong when Romanov began another dance, this time much more violent and spastic, holding his throat all the while. After a few more moments of struggling Romanov turned towards the Rattata Bros. and opened it's maw, spewing forth fire in a flamethrower that was a bit of a double edged sword. If Munchlaxes didn't have such powerful insides for eating almost anything Romanov might have been doing more harm than good.

A Joint post with Antemortem

Last edited by Lord Sephear; August 1st, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:57 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Imoen
~
The Stunfisk was far smarter than anybody had expected; once thought of as what would happen if you combined Stephen Hawking's fetus with a sparkplug, it was prepared for anything as it laid, splashing about in the mud. Save for a blast of water that sent its precious bed of mud scattering away from it, and sent it flailing through the air with its eyes almost popping out of its sloppy little head until it landed skittering across sand that covered its form like glitter on a stripper's backside. It hadn't been expecting that, or much else, really, 'cause what everybody else thought it was, it was.

But the assailing people's couldn't have been prepared for its response, as it flipped back onto its front-side and looked vaguely in the direction of Imoen and Ni, the latter of whom was being brought into her hands to yet again be wielded like a club. Stunfisk began to wriggle its tiny little arms beside it, slowly at first and serving only to disperse tiny sand-tracks. Then, its little fins began to move faster, and faster, until they were flapping so quickly that it made the air crackle for a split second before the boom of thunder shot across the lake, and a bright yellow arc of electricity covered the space between it and the trained who had first attacked it, along with the Magikarp she clasped with her.

Ni flailed wildly as the electricity shot across every one of her nerves, causing her great bruising that not even being used to club a boulder could compare to, and the smacks against its not-so-moist scales as Imoen struggled to re-grab the falling fish were of no aid. The mellow fish panicked for a few moments, until Imoen's scorched hand gave it a smack that sent it hurdling towards the Stunfisk. That only made it flail more wildly, for once not in the firm grasp of its mistress and wondering just what would happen, should it collide with its floppy companion!

The Stunfisk was far less confused, as it spotted Imoen leaping through the air after her tossed Magikarp. She even managed to gain speed on it, soaring through the air just above Ni as her shadow passed over the wild electric Pokemon. Ni's mouth opened wide. Enough for Imoen to slam down her palm, which held in it a colorful berry, against the Magikarp's face, stuffing a healing berry down its throat at precisely the same moment as the force of her slapping hand sent it smashing into the Stunfisk below. The fish let out a cry of surprise at the sudden collision, but also one of relief, as the force of Magikarp's slam was enough to make it bounce back into the air.

Stunfisk, panicked, span round its tail in the sand, gathering just enough sand in the curved appendage to send a huge pile of it into Imoen's eyes. But the trainer had prepared for this. As she'd landed on the opposite side of the Stunfisk, she'd span round, caught her Magikarp in mid-air, and was already spinning around with the intention to slam something home. But it definitely wasn't Ni again; instead, it was the tiny ball in her free hand, which expanded to the size of a baseball just before her fingers released it.

Despite the sand that blasted Imoen's face, the Pokeball had already been thrown, and was caught perfectly in the mitt created by Stunfisk's tail. The little fishy only had time to let out another cry of surprise as it was surrounded by a burst of crimson light that drew it into the Pokeball, to be possibly captured, while Imoen wiped the sand off of her face with the sleeve of her jacket.
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Songbird

Imoen

A valiant effort, it was, but all for naught. Stunfisk was doomed, possibly to be rendered a bludgeon much like the poor, pathetic Magikarp that had defeated it.

Regardless, Stunfisk accepted its fate with quiet dignity (in which it resolved to cry itself to sleep). Upon the third roll of the Pokéball containing it, in spite of all its fight, Stunfisk went to rest.
Stunfisk was caught!

Lv.5
[STATIC]
Mud Slap | Mud Sport | Bide

Stunfisk forgot Thundershock...

Imoen leveled up! Her strength and swing speed increased by 3!

Old August 1st, 2013, 04:14 PM
Chalifoux
VOOOOOODKA!
Community Supporter

Professaur

You're ♪ Sitting in the fountain, loving in the sunlight, having a wonderful time ♫ as your lips taste the warm taste of an extra-large latte with a double shot. Eyes closed as you imagine the different components of your drink. Chocolate, hazelnut, and the sweat of all those workers that aren't paid enough for their job.

Your name is Florence Tularosa. You are a professor with a major grade in Pokémon Habitats. You are an avid field researcher. And you, like everyone else in this planet called Earth, have a variety of interests. You love chocolate, and would certainly trade you assistant for a bar of it anytime, anywhere. Her name is Dalia, by the way, and she's a very special person with equally special communication skills.

"Hey Professaur. Gwen are thy odar Traineers gonncom?"

"Wish I had an answer for that, Dalia." You sigh, these Trainers are slower than a Psyduck in a Slowpoke's body. You hate people who are sloiw. But, as a goody-two shoes Professor, the only thing you can do is smile at life and hope for the best.

"Remembar Professaur. Itz illeygal to lick dorknoobs in enothar plannets!"

Keep smiling. Whatever you're thinking of doing to Dalia's neck with your hands, don't. Just smile. You're pretty sure that the next Trainers will make the day much better. Sip, sippety sip.

"Hi! I'm Noelani! You... called for someone like me here, right? Ooh... COFFEE."

You sigh again. It's gonna be better. You hope, at least, "Just take that box and go..." You say as you point at Dali, who is now holding the two remaining boxes of supplies, "Nice to meet you, finish the Pokédex, bla, bla, bla. Now go." You end with a rude remark as you return to your hot steamy lips on coffee action. This last Trainer is gonna get it. He's gonna be yelled like an american giving a tip in Japan. No one makes you wait for so long without paying for it...

Miff

You stop being the Professor and go back to being the narrator. Yet you fail, because no one can be the narrator, except for the narrator himself. Cause that makes sense. And instead the narrator directs your sight to our lovely pair of dudes whose shipping is named like a cat: Miff.

As it turns out, Jeff and Mikoto faced danger in the shape of a pair of Rattata borthers. Said pair may or may not be super, depending on each reader's point of view on this. The Rattata brothers were plotting against them. They stood in their path of justice. Their plan was brilliant and adequately made to dispose of the nuisances/lovers that stood in front of them. First, they'd invent time-travel. Then, they'd kill them. Simple. Now all they need is a time machine and-- Their train of thought is interrupted by an imminent burst of flames that caught them off guard. Apparently Romanov over here went all "FUZ-RO-DAH" on these poor guys after finger dancing for a few minutes. Exhausted, they lay on their sides, fainted, as they hope that those terrorists don't get their hands on poor, dear, sweet, precious Princess Pecha.

And from the distance, hidden amongst the trees, barely noticeable aside from the fluttering of some bushes, a Rattata of shining fur of Pink, and a necklace of a Pecha berry hanging from her neck, is seen dashing across the Reserve. Challenging the Reserve, awe we humans? Well, little do you know, the Reserve still houses another surprise. This brotherhood is soon to send it's strongest card, and you better be prepared for that.

don't mind this shining background. bottom line is: pink Rattata zomg!
Romanov grew to Level 7!
Kirara grew to level 7!
Miff earned 20 fangirls!

Last edited by Chalifoux; August 5th, 2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old August 1st, 2013, 04:57 PM
Lilizuki
The Wise Lesbian

Imoen
~
"Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo dum, six winds blow as ooooooone, they will turn the tide..." Imoen sung to herself after washing her face off in the waters of the lake, strolling along the sandy beach with a grand smile across her face; this hotel was great! Granted, getting beaten up hadn't been, but those are only minor details, and she'd mastered not only a new move, but the subservience of a new fish to channel her...something into. She preferred not to think of that side of her, really, but it was calm for the moment, and that was all that mattered. And, judging by the look she'd had from on top of the mountain, the end was in sight!

"Tell them I stood and never kneeled..." The plain girl bopped her head from side to side with the song that pounded into her skull thanks to the ear-clutching headphones attached to her head. She stuck her hand into her pants and retrieved the Pokeball that held the catch of the day and rolled it around in her palm, a smile gracing her freckled face as she wondered what to name the fishy thing; the glowing lights around the rim of the Pokeball revealed all the details she needed to think of a name for the brave warrioress that lurked within the spherical prison. Something glorious.

Imoen spent a good few moments thinking about the name of the Stunfisk, biting her lip a few times and staring into space for another few moments, until her feet found the exit and the perfect name came to her head, one that would last through the ages as her companion and the companion of the other Imoen. With her an Ni, it would make an excellent companion for her travels, and, hopefully, a useful one. She wouldn't have chosen it in her rage, otherwise. She ran her finger over the button, placed a kiss on its top, held the Pokeball up to the heavens of the Reserve, and began to belt out the tune in her mind.

Under threat of punting, the full lyrics can not be printed, but the naming must be. "We wiill be, Imoen and Flunschlick!" After the announcement, Imoen felt a bit silly, so she put away the Pokeball and sat down by the exist to the reserve, listening silently to her music.
Old August 3rd, 2013, 06:20 PM
YellowGardevoir
Expert Breeder

Nami Tange's and Mia Farrow's Super Joint Post! Part One

Nami smiled, glad that the girl had woken. "I found you lying on the ground," she explained. "Sorry for the kick, that was Torchic." She pointed to the little bird, who was standing with a triumphant expression on his face.

Mia blankly stared at the girl, slowly picking herself up off of the ground. She wasn't sure if she should speak or not, but Nami appeared to be nice. "Does he always kick that hard?" She asked, wondering how she had ended up on the floor.

Nami glanced at Torchic. "Actually, I have no idea," she responded. "That's the first time I've ever seen him use that attack. I'm Nami, by the way," she added, holding out her hand. "I guess I should introduce myself as well. My name's Mia, Mia Farrow." She said, shaking Nami's hand with a generous amount of gunk.

"Is there a reason you were lying on the ground?" Nami asked, wiping the gunk that was now covering her hand on her pants. "And why you're covered in slime?"

Mia only vaguely remembered what had happened. "Well... I uh, think I tripped and fell into something... Or did something fall on me? Maybe it was both. I think there was a plant involved..."

Nami was unsure what to make of this response. "I see... I think," she said. "Do you think you can walk around, or should I go get help?" Then, looking around, she realized that she had no idea which way was help. The path had had several turns and branching paths, and she wasn't altogether sure which way she would have to go if Mia needed medical help.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I just need to get out of this forest, its... unsettling to say the least." Mia said, trying to figure out which way was the exit.

"Yah, I agree," Nami replied. "Well, I guess we should just keep following the path, since going back is a pretty long way..." She glanced ahead, further down the path. It seemed that the trees got thinner further on, though that could just have been an illusion.

Walking further down the path, she turned to face Mia. "Well, come on then," she said. "Or I'll have to leave you behind." She didn't actually want to leave Mia behind, but she would if she had to. "Okay!" Mia immediately ran after her, not wanting to be in the forest for any longer then she had to.

The pair walked on, following the narrow dirt path. Before too much time had passed, Nami noticed the trees thinning. The horrible smell that had been such a plague earlier also seemed to be receding. The pathway gradually became brighter and brighter, with less foliage filtering out the sun's light. Eventually, the two found themselves in a place that was entirely different to the dark, disgusting forest that they were just in. It was a serene, open field positioned right next to a pristine lake.

Nami grinned. "This place is beautiful!" she exclaimed. "Why don't we let our Pokemon out and we can rest a bit?" She glanced behind her. Torchic was behind her, just like he always was. Nami grabbed the ball that held Natu from where it had been on her belt. She aimed at the ground and pressed the button. The Natu she had captured earlier burst from the ball. It hopped over to Nami and rubbed against her. All of it's earlier menace seemed to be gone.

"I don't see why not," Mia replied, reaching into her pocket to pull out Vincent's Pokeball. "Just be careful around Vincent... He's not exactly the nicest Pokemon in the world." She explained, pointing the Pokeball away from Nami and towards the lake. She pressed the button, sending the fish straight into the water.

The fish bobbed his head out of the water, looking around his new environment before going back under. The water felt glorious against his scales as he continued to dive. Suprisingly, the area of the lake that he was in appeared to be devoid of all life. Maybe they knew he was coming and all ran in fear?
Old August 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Lord Sephear
Hello Ladies!

Nature: Relaxed

Jeff Miles & Mikoto Kawasaki: A Lesson in almost drowning and failed attempts at heroism.

Jeff could not bring himself to do anything more than gasp in surprise as a pink Rattata emerged from a thicker part of the forest to challenge them, he was not surprised by it's color but by the pecha berry seemingly hanging from it's neck. "You've got to be kidding me, I just made that whole thing up! She's real?!?..." A deep sigh, then "Alright Mikoto, you and Kirara got one more in you? Looks like we have another challenger, I really hope-"

Before the young man could complain any more about how unfair the reserve was being to him yet another strange thing happened. In the middle of Jay's sentence a small green blur sailed through the air and crashed into the dirt near the water. After a moment it lifted it's head up and revealed itself to be a Larvitar, bigger than the one he'd battled earlier. Romanov, in sympathy for the poor beaten guy gave it the berry he was going to give the other Larvitar, re-energizing him.

Senior Rodrigo el Juarez lifted his face from the dirt and looked around...where had his love gone? How would he ever get over the pain of being reduced from an honored officer in the great Inquisition with the most beautiful woman ever as a mate to this? In a moment Meloira was forgotten about when he spotted the most enchanting Rattata, with a fashion statement no less! Princess Pecha faced the two vile humans with utter determination, when out of nowhere some handsome green hunk of rock sidled up to her and took her paw. Aw, Mi Amore, so happy to make your acquaintance, are zeez stupid humenz bothering you? Oh it's horrible, they're ransacking the forest and they've just murdered my two best friend and guards mercilessly! Hmm such a thing cannot go unpunished, let us teach zem a lesson and zen we can move on to more...pleasant things. The two flirts never once considered the possiblity of having a mature relationship that moved apace and faced their aggressors with renewed vigor.

Mikoto was taken aback by the suddenly development, but stepped forward regardless. The pink Rattata before them didn't seem like the usual shiny Rattata, but instead some sort of new hybrid. At least, from what Mikoto could tell. "This is an odd-looking Rattata, don't you think, Jeff?" After pondering the thought for a few more moments, Mikoto set his mind on the battle. "Strategy-wise, I'll only be able to do anything to the Rattata. You and Romanov will have to handle Larvitar edgewise until you can create an opening of some sort. Kirara can hardly touch it right now." Kirara growled and stared down the furry pink rodent who was, to say the least, not at all adorable. Kirara couldn't fathom what the Larvitar saw in the buck-toothed, bug-eyed varmint. What an absolutely appalling sight!

"Kirara, use Synchronoise!" The fox wagged its glowing tail and released rings of rainbow-colored energy vibrating across the still air. One of the rings managed to bind Larvitar, but that was the extent of its power. The one aimed at the Rattata phazed the small Pokemon and sent it sliding back across the ground a few feet. Right, it only does damage to Pokemon of the same type as Kirara... That's not very useful at all.

Jeff could hardly believe what he was seeing, first a princess Rattata and now some sort of playa Larvitar, and now they were some sort of paramours..."Yes, yes it is certainly strange Mikoto...if you want to deal pinky over there I have no problem, I'm concerned with with the not-so-brain over here." Jeff turned towards the Larvitar, fire in his eyes. "I've been cheated out of my conquest once today, but not this time, you're mine! Romanov, use lick."

Rodrigo stepped back in trepidation at the beast that faced him with hunger in it's eyes. What kind of monster is this that threatens me? Senior Rodrigo el Juarez can not be trapped in the bounds of marriage, neither shall he be imprisoned in a sphere of mirrors! He was caught off guard when a multi-colored beam of light assailed his eyes, and while he was blinded the monster's trained beast ran into him and dragged it's tongue across his...face? A male, licking HIS face?!? Such an insult could not be forgiven! Rodrigo charged fearlessly at the beast, prepared to sink his fangs into it's weak flesh and bend it to submission.

Jeff's normally boyish features took on a devilish quality as he realized playing off the pokemon's obvious pride had worked. "Romanov...counter." The Munchlax's goofy smile never wavered even while he hunched over and his body grew an orange aura, when the Larvitar sank it's teeth into his left arm, he lifted his right up and punched it right in the solar-plexus and stunned it.

The pink Rattata seemed to have exhibited a certain level of hyperactivity and overanxiety moments before, because it was remaining relatively motionless on the ground after the Synchronoise strike. Mikoto started to reach for a PokeBall but the more he analyzed the Pokemon from his standpoint, the more he realized just how unappealing it was, despite being the 'cuter female counterpart' and being of a unique color scheme. Mikoto shrugged and bent down to pet Kirara as he watched Jeff's demeanor evaporate into something brand new, a fire igniting in his eyes. "He sure wants that Larvitar, doesn't he, Kirara?" Kirara simply looked into Mikoto's eyes, gave a quick mew, and turned toward the battle at hand.

The Rattato cracked an eye and stared at the struggling Rodrigo. So out of my league, what could I provide for him? I can't even help him right now, because I fear I will break a nail if I lift a pinkie to that little brown miscreant that boy calls a friend...

"Alright Romanov time for the coup de grace!" Jeff shouted excitedly at his Munchlax, knowing victory was in his grasp. Romanov seemed to know the thoughts of his trainer in and out and took the cue, continuing to hold onto Rodrigo's arm and then flinging him into the lake. Jeff and the Larvitar had a moment of synch when the same thought ran through their heads simultaneously as it flew through the air Deja vu...

Rodrigo saw the light fade with the surface escaping from his sight...perhaps he was not cut out for the rigors of combat...2 losses in one day. In his moment of self doubt the young warrior had one light...a soft pink light...That's right, I have a new love to protect! Senior Rodrigo Montoya el Juarez shall not die so easily! New strength seeped into Rodrigo's limbs, and he began to beat out not only his nature but his fatigue in a courageous push towards life! But victory began to slip from his grasp as his muscles tightened and then froze, he sank towards the bottom, his only regret he never learned the name of his beautiful pink princess.

The slightly vindictive young trainer was tapping his foot. "If he's got the strength of will to rocket through the air and immediately begin schmoozing a girl he can't get beaten by a little water right?" But then an image ran through the boy's head of his first battle and the Larvitar he failed to catch...It's body tightening up to the point of immobility right when it was about to fight harder. "Oh no...What could I have caused? Romanov stay here with Mikoto in case more crazy pokemon show up!" And with that Jeff took off his shoes and socks, no time for anything else, and dived into the water, he was no tough guy or Olympic swimmer, but he had long legs and he wouldn't let a pokemon die because of him.

Luckily Rodrigo's struggles at breaking the surface, however futile had kept him from getting too low before Jeff reacted, but now that paralysis had kicked in he was sinking rapidly. After a good 20 seconds Jeff was in arms length of the pokemon and quickly grabbed him and pulled...but the phrase 'sink like a rock' exists for a reason and Rodrigo began to pull Jeff down with him. He was getting tired, his muscles and lungs all burned incessantly, his vision blurred worse and worse. He was beginning to think he had doomed two creatures to their deaths in one day when he remembered something so obvious he would've face-palmed in any other situation. You're conquest of the female gender doesn't end today Romeo. It ended up being a good thing Jeff hadn't had time to worry about the weight of the rest of his clothing, he grabbed one of the empty pokeballs and tapped the Larvitar with it, giving it oxygenated sanctuary within the metal prison.

After a good 3 minutes of underwater antics (Jeff was never all that good at holding his breath) the would-be hero's head burst through the surface and he slid over to the shore of the lake before dropping the pokeball and slumping over. The pokeball began to rock back and forth but Jeff wasn't paying attention to it, just gasping, coughing and spluttering, bathing the ground near him in a mixture of lake water and spittle.

Last edited by Lord Sephear; August 4th, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old August 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
The Girl who had an Outstanding Disagreement with her Monkey about Movement

There was salty, yet refreshing, sea air. It was so salty, you could have grabbed the air and put it on the fries. So salty that I'm actually very thirsty now, simply because that is the only way I would ever be able to describe exactly how salty the air was with my narrator abilities.

... Er-herm. The story begins as a cruise boat lazily cruises across the sea in the sweltering - and I mean sweltering - heat. On this specific boat was a girl; and to be more specific, this girl happened to be a girl who was going to be a Pokemon Trainer Girl in a Pokemon Trainer World. And of course, there would be complications that would come when this girl tried to be a Pokemon Trainer Girl in a Pokemon Trainer World. And those complications started as soon as the boat was able to dock on mystical yet not-really-that-mystical island of Hoenn.

"Come on Aipom!" Karly yelled once again at her stubborn monkey, who had planted his rump-a-bump bum right on the pavement outside of the dock. People who walked by managed to get a fair chuckle out of watching this girl struggle with a defiant creature. "Get off your butt and let's go! We're already late as-is! We need to move, now!"

The Aipom shook his head in more defiance, and opened it mouth in a request to be fed. "I told you, when I get my crap, we'll go get something to eat. But not if you keep acting like this! I'll just shove an Oran Berry in your mouth and make you shut up if we don't go, now!" Aipom simply pointed to his mouth again using his stubby arm-thing.

Karly groaned loudly and smacked her forehead in frustration. "I have never hated my mother more at any point in time than this moment." She crouched down to be eye level with Aipom, who was still waiting a foodstuff to be tossed into his gaping mouth. "If you come with me right now, we can stop and get some doughnuts on the way to meet the Professor. Okay? I can't feed you right now because I don't have any food on me. So let's go and we can get some, okay?"

Aipom responded by picking up a tiny pebble from the ground with his hand-tail and chucking it at Karly. It bounced off her of her forehead and quietly rattled onto the pavement. Karly, whose face had no become completely red in pure frustration, stood up and stomped on the ground in front of him. "Okay, that's it! We are leaving, NOW!"

And with a clutching, deathly grip that could only be obtained through the burning rage of one million and one hellfires, Karly grabbed Aipom by his tail and began to drag him along the ground. Upon realizing that, yes, he was indeed being dragged along the ground, Aipom began to wail and cry and make other childish noises (including a weird gurgling) as Karly continued into the plaza, ignoring people who gave her and her monkey-newborn-mix strange looks. "You brought this on yourself, you know. If you would have just listened to me, I would have - WHOA!"

Karly suddenly fell back onto the ground, Aipom's tail still wrapped in her hand. Looking up over her head, she noticed that Aipom had somehow grabbed onto a streetlamp using his stub-arm-things and was gripping onto it tightly. "Aipom, are you serious?! You are the most childish thing I've ever encountered in my life! Come on!" She stood up and, as any self-respecting almost-Pokemon Trainer Girl would do, began to tug and pull on Aipom's tail to get him off of the streetlamp.

And what a sight to behold. I bet you never in your entire life would expect to see that in the Hoenn region: a nice, sunny day, chirping Taillow flying overhead, and of course, the loud shouts of a girl screaming obscenities that were omitted from this description due to TV ratings at her purple monkey who was clutching desperately to a streetlamp because it just wanted to shove food in his face. There's a new Hallmark card. Slap some music on that bi-

Anyway! Eventually, after more struggling, more obscenities, and more stuff that I'm too lazy to describe, Karly managed to peel her Pokemon off of the poor streetlamp, who was probably crying inside right now. She held Aipom out in front of her by his tail as he angrily swung his stub-arm-things at her, making sure that he had a very angry, violent, and almost painful face to add along to it. "You are something else, you know that? Come on." She swung Aipom over her shoulder, earning a few cries from him when he flew through the air and smacked into her back with a thud. He grumpily grumbled for the rest of the walk until Karly finally arrived at the fountain where the Professor was sitting at.

"Hey, I'm Karly Rose. I'm here to get all that Trainer crap I have to get to start a journey, or whatever it is." She spoke in an indifferent tone. She really didn't want to associate with too many people on this forced journey, including this rather impatient looking woman who really didn't seem to care about being here, and her obviously delusional and drunken assistant who seemed very off her rocker. Aipom climbed up Karly's back in a stubby way and poked his head out from behind her shoulder. "Oh, and this is my lazy good-for-nothing Aipom. So yeah, can I get my crap?"

Old August 4th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Dansparce
is rly good

Part two of the New Adventures of Nami Tange and Mia Farrow starts.... Now

Noticing a female Chinchou, Vincent swam over to introduce himself. He knew that she wouldn't be able to resist him. No one could. When he had swum right up next to her he said, "Feeee, feebas. Feefeebas?" (Which, roughly translated, means: "Hey babe, how's it going? You looking for a good time?")

He was interrupted by a tap on his dorsal fin. He turned. Floating there next to him was a large Carvanha. The Carvanha made a grimace and said, "Get lost pal. She's my girl."

Vincent gave a fishy expression that could only be described as a bemused smirk. "Maybe she was with you, but now that she's met me she could never be fully satisfied with a ugly fellow like you." In response to the Carvanha's enraged expression he replied, "Oh, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plenty of fish in the sea, you know."

The Carvanha responded to that with an even more enraged bellow. And a quick bite, which Vincent narrowly avoided. He then swam as fast as he could to the surface, where he hoped that his trainer could help him. Vincent burst out of the water with a terrified look on his face. It was one of the very few times he actually wanted to be on land, but he wasn't sure if he'd be able to make it before being ripped to shreds. But a split-second after Vincent came out, the Carvanha emerged, chasing after him in a blur of red and blue.

Loud splashes and Vincent's wailing alerted Mia and Nami, who were in the middle of a casual conversation. Mia, who was sitting down at the time immediately hopped up, looking for the source of the noise. "VINCENT!" She shouted as the fish floundered towards shore. "WHAT HAVE YOU GOTTEN YOURSELF INTO!" Mia ran towards the edge of the lake, preparing to save the fish.

Nami was resting on her back, looking up at the clouds when she heard the noise of the fish. She sat up and saw Vincent being chased by an angry Carvanha. As she stood up, she saw another fish, this one small and blue, rise up from the depths. When she pointed her Pokedex at the fish, it was identified as a Chinchou.

Mia pulled out her EPI, jamming down repeatedly on the ON button"C'mon... Turn on you stupid thing." She nervously said, watching as Vincent was barely avoiding the Piranha Pokemon. The screen lit up, which prompted Mia to tap on the only Pokemon she had registered in it. She quickly tapped just about every single icon before it popped up with Vincent's move list.

"Use uh.. Tackle on the Carvanha!" Mia commanded. Vincent, confident with the distance that he had made, quickly turned around, before darting off into a head-on collision with the Carvanha. Vincent smashed into the Carvanha with ferocity, sending the fish flying backwards. The Carvanha's rage increased even further, rushing after Vincent with a blind bite. Its attack hit, chomping onto his tail incredibly hard. No matter how much Vincent flung his tail around, the fish would not let go.

"Uh... Get him off your tail with Brine!" Vincent briefly glanced at his tail, before sinking under the water with the Carvanha attached. Around 10 seconds after diving, Vincent turned his face towards the Piranha, shooting a thin but powerful stream of saltwater at his enemy's face. The Carvanha managed to keep its grip for a little while, but eventually it let go. This sent it flying close to the rock-infested shore-line.

Nami watched all of this in silence. Neither of her Pokemon were much help in the water, and she didn't want to get in Mia's way. But when the Carvanha got knocked over to the rocky area by the shore she got an idea. "Natu, go attack that Carvanha!" she said. "Use the rocks to get close to it!" She knew it was risky sending Natu in against a Dark-type, but it would have been riskier to use Torchic with all the water around.

Natu darted forward, sprily hopping from rock to rock. The Carvanha was stunned because it had hit a rock. Once Natu was close enough, Nami shouted, "Go Natu! Use Peck, then get away as fast as you can!"

Natu's beak glowed and elongated, then it smashed into the dazed Carvanha. It was knocked flying, and Natu used the backlash of the attack to land back onto one of the rocks. "Good job Natu!" Nami said. But the Carvanha wasn't stunned for long, and was quickly swimming back towards Natu. "Natu, watch out!" Nami yelled. Natu looked at Nami, completely oblivious to the threat now speeding towards him. Nami watched as Natu was rammed off it's rock, sending it tumbling into the water.

Nami grabbed Natu's ball from her belt. Aiming, she pressed the button on the ball, sending Natu back inside. "Torchic, I'm sorry but you're going to have to do this!" she yelled. Torchic ran to her side from where he had been playing in the grass. "Did you see what Natu did to get close?" she asked him. Torchic nodded. "Then go do it." she said. Torchic ran forward hopping from stone to stone. The Carvanha saw the new challenger and charged him. Nami remembered that Fighting attacks were strong against Dark type Pokemon. "Torchic, use that kick you used earlier!"

Torchic's foot started to glow. It intercepted the Carvanha as it tried to ram him, sending it back away from the rock where he stood. When the Carvanha resurfaced it had a huge bruise on it's face, and it sunk back down beneath the waves. Nami waited, but it looked like it was gone for good. "Good job Torchic!" Nami exclaimed. "Hey, Mia!" she called. "I think I got the Carvanha!"

With the Carvanha out of the way, Vincent was able to safely emerge from under the water. But his troubles weren't exactly over. The very innocent looking Chinchou started to creep up behind him, sending out a few seemingly harmless bubbles towards the Feebas. When they reached their target, they violently popped, dealing a bit of damage to the fish.

"Not another one," Mia moaned, "Vincent, use... Splash!" The fish complied, lifting his tail up into the air then slapping it against the water's surface. She expected a massive pillar of water to rise up out of the water, but nothing happened... Vincent continued to be bombarded with bubbles, slowly chipping away at his health. "Vincent... What was that?" She asked, scanning the EPI once more.

"Vincent, try using Attract!" He quickly turned to face the Chinchou, pulling off a very suave smile. After smiling, several pink hearts hopped out of him, gently floating in different directions. One of the hearts managed to hit Chinchou, but it didn't appear to do anything. "Great, you've got two useless moves..." The Chinchou started to act strangely, grabbing onto Vincent with her Antennae very loosely.

Mia figured that the thing was attacking, so she shouted out another order to Vincent. "Tackle it Vincent!" He dove out of her grip, getting a couple of meters away before charging into it. Mia took the blow as her opening, throwing a Pokeball in an arc towards the fish. After enveloping the Chinchou in a white light, the Pokeball started to rock and sink.
Old August 5th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Songbird

THE PROFESSAUR

FINALLY, a delicious dark chocolate latte with a triple shot of espresso, because this was the most tiring and trainer orientation ye—ARCEUS DAMMIT.

"Hey, I'm Karly Rose..." Don't care don't care don't care~. "Oh, and this is my lazy, good-for-nothing Aipom. So yeah, can I get my crap?"

Drunken Dalia gave a look to the Professor that said, "Pleez du naut paunch the girl. She iz az tired az yu, Professaur," accent and all. Opening her Purse of Holding, Dalia retrieved a little wooden box with Karly's name on it.

"Lazt won," she added as she handed it to Tularosa. The latter contemplated many things, including firing it out of a cannon. Did Dalia have one in her purse? Probably. She has a medieval flail in there. The Professor didn't do it, though.

Instead, she stuck the box in Aipom's tail-hand and said, "Here's your PokéDex and some Pokéballs to start you off; now go. You can get some initial training in the Reserve nearby."

She then returned to her coffee. Maybe she should've asked for a fourth shot.

Old August 5th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Chalifoux
VOOOOOODKA!
Community Supporter

Miff & Mimi

Rodrigo el Juarez is a ladies' man. He's a cold-hearted hummingbird who goes from flower to flower, sucking his women dry as he gives the sky and stars, just to have them crashing like a meteor. And while Meloira was a sweet treat, she was but an appetizer in his menu of ladies.

After a heated battle with the #1 RéBURST ship that makes the fangirls go crazy upon being mentioned (as well as the dudes and the weird people), -Miff-, began, and ended in a very dramatic dive from le hawt Jeff into the lake -in a very DeGrassi style-, there were severa; questions in mind for all of us.

Is he gonna make it? Will Larvitar survive? Did I leave the toaster on?
And a few moments later, Jeff emerged victorious and threw a temporal, rounded safe haven aside. The metallic device began to rock with haste. Once, Twice, and...

Rodrigo el Juarez was caught!
Lv.4
[GUTS]
Attract | Bite | Leer

Princess Pecha over here was doing pretty neat. Apparently ignored and she liked that. This kind of people clearly aren't deserving of he mere presence, she might as well just---

"Cubchoo-Cu!" Hey, you, homewrecker!

"Ta?" With haste she turns around, and watches an angry Cubchoo making her way up to where she is, her paw high in the air with every step and-- Slap!

Heard all around the reserve, this infuriated Cubchoo is none other than Meloeira Baguette herself! And this foxy Pokémon is stealing her man! It. Is. On. Slap!

Princess Pecha jumps back after being slapped twice, Who the hell is she and what gives her therigth to do that, especially to someone with her status?!, "Tata!" Take this, you disgusting peasant!, Bite!

Slap!
Bite!
Slap!
Bite!

Meloeira is now fighting to the death with Pecha. Don't mind them.

Meanwhile, at another random portion of the forest, but also near the lake, we have the second official RéBURST shipping: Mimi! Although the fangirls and fanboys are still getting their breath back from the sight of Miff, so for now, no GIF. Sorry.

A heated battle for the love of a Chinchou ensued between her pretenders, Vincent and Carvanna. After knwocking the latter with the combined efforts of the little fishy as well as Torchic's and even Natu's, Chinchou saw herself prey on the PokéBall thrown at her, quickly being encased by the light of red that it emitted. With some shaking and rocking and spinning and stuff, a clicking sound announced the might of the PokéBall overcoming Chinchou's willpower...

Chinchou was caught!
Lv.5
[VOLT ABSORB]
Supersonic | Bubble | Screech

((OOC: There's several GIFs linked to Miff's portion of this reply :p))
Old August 5th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Awkward.
#britanna

Nature: Sassy
Cooperation is Often Governed by Dictational Manhandling

"Here's your PokéDex and some Pokéballs to start you off; now go. You can get some initial training in the Reserve nearby." The Professor said bluntly, placing the wooden box with her name on Aipom's tail-hand. He pulled it up to his face and immediately began to riffle through it, possibly searching for food. Karly was slightly irritated that the professor was a rather rude woman, but decided that she had probably been through about eight or so trainers today and probably didn't feel like putting on a show.

"Well, thanks, I guess. Enjoy your steaming cup of carbohydrates and death." She ended somewhat cheerily and somewhat seriously, snatching the box back from Aipom, who groaned in protest. She turned-heel and walked off, heading towards a little cafe that had a sign advertising a sale on boxes of doughnuts. Figuring how hungry she was, and how Aipom would never be satisfied with life unless he ate, she walked in, pulling out some money.

And was immediately swamped as hordes of people began pushing their way out. Despite all her struggling, she was eventually pushed up against the glass window of the front, people crashing into her from behind. Her face squished up against the glass as the crowd all attempted to file out at the exact same time. Through her muffled glass voice, she managed to spit out, "I hate Hoenn..." before the crowd pushed her down under.

What was assumed to be hours later, Karly finally peeled herself from the floor as the throng of people had cleared out. She staggered over to the bar section and looked the cashier straight in the eye. Even with her hair in a total mess and heavy breathing, she still looked like a normal Hoennite. "Two boxes of doughnuts, please." She slapped the $4 on the counter and collapsed against it, worn out from the struggling.

The cashier looked at her oddly before going into the back and bringing out two rectangular 8-piece doughnut boxes. "Here you are miss. Enjoy." He smiled at her, earning him an intense evil glare before she stalked out of the restaurant.

"Here, go nuts." Karly tossed one of the boxes of doughnuts to Aipom, who caught it in his stub-arm-things and immediately tore into it like a tiger ripping into a gazelle. Karly opened up her dark-green shoulder-strap bag and put the other box inside, alongside her starting kit that she was too lazy to re-open. She took a moment to take inventory.

Spoiler:
Potions x 2
Officially Licensed Pokemon Starter Kit x 1
Pokedex x 1
Poke Balls x 5
Reserve Visitor's Pass x 1
Hair Pin Bundle x 1 / 10 Pins
Hairbrush x 1
Extremely Compressible Sleeping Bag x 1
Dead Flashlight x 1
Batteries x 2
Can of Green Spray Paint x 1
Box of Doughnuts x 1 / 8 Left
Bag 'o Hygiene x 1
Toothbrush x 1
Toothpaste Tube x 1 / 16 Uses Left
Deodorant x 1
Hairdryer x 1
Spare Clothes x 1
Sweatshirts x 2
Sunglasses x 1
Regular Glasses x1
Undefined Canned Food x 5
Roll of Duct Tape x 1
Cell Phone Charger x 1
Headphones x 1
Stuff I Might Define Later x ???

Karly blinked. How is my bag holding all this? And why the hell do I have spray paint?

==> the RESERVE

Ew, bugs and flora. Two things Karly couldn't stand.

She looked around at the entrance to the reserve, the unusually large trees jutting up into the sky. There were spontaneous buzzes from unseen bugs and vines and leaves lying around everywhere. Within, she heard screaming, and yelling, and fish flapping about - fish? What the hell kind of forest is this? There must be one helluva lake to have fish.

Aipom looked around lazily, the box of doughnuts slowly settling him into a sleeping haze. He wasn't too impressed by the never-ending nature, and was close to going to bed right on Karly's shoulder. However, Karly refused to let him sleep, as she needed him to defend her in case of random bug attacks. "Get up, lazy brat." She smacked his head, making him groan and then hiss at her as he stood back up on her shoulder. "Okay, so... I just have to follow this path, I think. Maybe I'll get lucky and nothing won't attack me OH GOD SOMETHINGS ATTACKING ME!"

And as it would happen, the locale Rattata population had heard of Karly's arrival, and sent a few of their mercenaries - I mean brethren, to greet her at the entrance. Neither of them looked too happy to see her - guess she should have saved some of those doughnuts.

"Uh... Crap. Okay, stay calm. You have a Pokemon here. Make him battle them. Aipom, go - Aipom?" Karly looked around, her monkey no longer on her shoulder where he was moments ago. Instead, he was clinging to her leg in fear as the Rattata hissed at him. "You cannot be serious. You're a damn Normal-type Aipom, go and hit the stupid rats and let's get going!"

Aipom shook his head as he stared into the terrifying, unforgiving eyes of the Rattata, their hisses sounding out evil and threatening words that sounded like whispers on the wind. Death to the monkey... tear you to shreds... crush your skull in our paws... you will DIE.

Wait, was that a very bad internet reference? Either way, Aipom wasn't going near those things even if his life depended on it. He would have to be grabbed by his tail and slung across the globe if he ever OH GOD SHE'S GRABBING MY TAIL!

Karly grabbed Aipom his tail and spun him around in the air in a tiny whirlwind. "You're not gonna get to laze through this entire thing and expect me to be okay with it, so get in there you stupid lard! GRRRRAAAAAAAH!" With a giant grunt, she heaved Aipom towards the two Rattata. One of them jumped towards Aipom with its teeth bared. "Hit it with your tail!"

Aipom, instead, put his tail-hand in front of his face and covered his chest helplessly with his stub-arm-things as the rat rammed into Aipom with a strong Tackle, sending the monkey flying back and landing at Karly's feet. "Shoot, I should probably learn your moves before I give attack commands..." She grumbled as she reached into her Bag of Infinite Space and pulled the Pokedex from the wooden box it was still in. She repeatedly jabbed the POWER button until the ancient machine came to life. She tapped the Move Scanner button and held the light over a beaten and dazzled Aipom.
Species: Aipom
Moveset: DoubleSlap / Switcheroo / Beat Up / Agility
"Okay... well that's not too bad. I wish I knew what these moves meant, but I guess it's best to experience it first hand. Aipom, use Beat Up! ... Aipom?" She looked down at the monkey, who was lying on the ground with swirls in his eyes. "Really? Come on, I know you're faking. No one falls that quickly to just one Tackle. Get up or I'm gonna throw you again." At the threat of another throwing, Aipom groaned and stood up, using his tail to balance him as he almost fell over. "Now, use Beat Up!"

Aipom, despite being rather blown back by the power of the vicious rat's Tackle, did not enjoy being attacked by a stupid rodent and was more than ready to seek revenge on the stupid thing. He clenched his tail-hand into a tight fist and ran right at the Rattata who had attacked him, faster than the rat was expecting. He swung his tail around towards it, only to have it connect with the other Rattata, who had jumped in front of his brethren to save him. The rat took the hit hard, and was sent flying backwards before crashing roughly into a solid oak tree. It slid down the bark slowly before it peeled off and flopped down onto the ground.

Aipom turned his attention back to the Rattata he was aiming to hit to find it seething with even more rage than before he had attacked. Aipom gulped as he realized his mistake, and tried to high-tail it back to Karly. However, the Rattata had clamped its fangs down onto Aipom's tail-hand, causing them monkey to scream in pain, before beginning to whip it around much like Karly had when she threw Aipom. With some aerial spinning, the Rattata flung Aipom towards Karly, making the two smack together and fall over onto the ground.

Karly held her head where her Pokemon had hit, groaning. She pushed herself up only to find that OH MY GOD THE RATTATA WAS COMING RIGHT TOWARDS HER ARCEUS CHRIST KILL IT. She screamed in sheer terror and sent a foot flying right at the incoming rat. Shoe connected with jaw, and the Rattata was sent flying and tumbling down the path, grunting every time it hit the ground. When it finally stopped bouncing around, it attempted to push itself up, only to fall down again and slip slowly into unconsciousness. Karly let loose a sigh of relief at the threat that had thankfully been neutralized.

No one messed with a Pokemon Trainer Girl in a Pokemon Trainer World.

Wait, wait, whoa. Hold on. Karly turned her head towards the bushes, which were indescribably rustling. She wasn't exactly in a condition to fight anything else, but she didn't have a choice. But of course, because of her luck, the entire freaking Rattata clan that the two belonged to came rushing out of the bushes on all sides. None of them looked happy to see her, at all.

This was going to take a lot of doughnuts.

Karly grabbed Aipom and ran down the path as fast as she could, with one hundred and one angry, seething dalmatians rats following her as she screamed random words that sounded a lot like, "OH MGDJHF AI AIS HGFHAS JSNVB SGKSFOA JFDSFGBADSJGAJDSFKASDL" that echoed out and about in the entire forest.

It was going to be a long day.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links